• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Creation Contest: Round 17: Swampasaur vs. Guybrush20X6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
I'm pretty torn. Bluepikmin's roster has some choices I don't really like, such as Diddy+Dixie pairing, Balloon Fight, Dr. Kawashima and a lack of Ike. But he also has Lip, my most wanted newcomer.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I voted for thisismatt. BluePikmin11 has too many odd choices for my taste...

loganhogan

Smash Ace
All of BluePikmin11's odd choices are what tide me over to vote for his roster, it's a stunning roster. All it's missing is Tom Nook because who else is Anna going to steal from?

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Shoot, I thought my round wasn't for a while yet and my roster was posted earlier in this thread (around the middle of page 8). Guess I'll just have to make due!

My vote for this round went soundly to thisismatt. Without knowing the explanation behind them, bluepikmin's roster has way too many left-field choices for me to consider it seriously for a prediction roster (Balloon Fighter, Lip, Sable, Kawashima, Daitouryu, Anna over Ike or an Awakening character), while matt's roster is generally more sane while still making sufficient room for surprise picks (Wonder Red, Saki). Also, I'm terribly biased towards whichever roster has Isaac in it, so there's that.

D

Deleted member

I feel as though that BluePikmin's roster features some characters that I won't bother to play as while ThisIsMatt's roster looks like a more safe roster. (it also seems a bit dated since Toon Link isn't on there)

However, I vote for ThisIsMatt. I think that I would be more satisfied with his roster. While his doesn't have King K. Rool, I would be mystified if Lip and Prince Sable got in and not Little Mac.
EDIT: Whoops, it did have Little Mac.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I feel as though that BluePikmin's roster features some characters that I won't bother to play as while ThisIsMatt's roster looks like a more safe roster. (it also seems a bit dated since Toon Link isn't on there)

However, I vote for ThisIsMatt. I think that I would be more satisfied with his roster. While his doesn't have King K. Rool, I would be mystified if Lip and Prince Sable got in and not Little Mac.
Little Mac is underneath Ridley.

I voted for thisismatt.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure I put him there, I never leave Little Mac out of any of my rosters (Nor will Palutena, Pac-Man, and Mii)
Oh! You did. My apologies. I kinda skimmed through the rosters rather quickly. Hahaha.

My vote is still going towards ThisIsMatt. I like surprises and BluePikmin's roster has many, but there are too many characters that I wouldn't consider to be on the roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
I WANTED A REVEAL TODAY
BluePikmin11 wins with 12 votes compared to thisismatt's 10. Close. Also apologies to Xenigma. If there is a 2nd competition, I'll include you.​
Next round. It's SuperBrawler vs. Protom.​
SuperBrawler​
NOTE: The rightmost column is a list of potential replacements: Bowser Jr. or Paper Mario for Toad, Tingle for Toon Zelda/Tetra, Roy for Chrom. However for this contest, please do NOT take the potential replacements into consideration when deciding your vote.
Protom​
GO!​

splat

Smash Lord
Again, there aren't as many differences between the two rosters:

SuperBrawler has the following four who Protom hasn't:
King K. Rool
Toon Zelda
Isaac
Pac-Man

And vice versa:
Dixie Kong
Waddle Dee
Dillon
Wonder Red

King K. Rool or Dixie could go either way.
Toon Zelda has little chances, I think, but still more than Waddle Dee.
I personally feel that both Isaac and Dillon have a fair shot at making it.
Pac-Man is my personal third third part (even before Snake), as Namco Bandai is helping out. He'd make much more sense than Wonder Red to me.

My vote goes to SuperBrawler - despite that, I like the bold picks of Protom.

EDIT: funny by the way, that I'm the third to reply with my vote but only the second person to actually vote .

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
SuperBrawler gets my vote. K. Rool, Bowser Jr. and Tetra/Toon Zelda won me over.

That being said, I do like some of Protom's choices as well.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
THE PRELIMINARY ROUNDS COME TO AN END!

It has been a long journey... from August 21st, 2013 to November 26th 2013, totalling 98 days.

Oh, SuperBrawler wins this round with 9 votes vs. Protom's 4.

Onto the next round,
Swampasaur vs. GuyBrush20X6

Swampasaur

Guybrush20X6

Vote here:http://www.yourfreepoll.com/dxbannhesp.html

GO!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Oh hey! It's me!

Trippy.

D

Deleted member

I vote for Swampsaur. While I don't see any cuts, it does have some good additions. Heck, it has my top 3 most wanted newcomers! (Little Mac, Bowser Jr., King K. Rool)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom