• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashBoards Roster Creation Contest: Round 17: Swampasaur vs. Guybrush20X6

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I go with the King of Phantom's roster. While the lack of Bowser Jr. saddens me, I would be disturbed if Lucas was cut for Masked Man, Medusa got in over Palutena, and there are 4 Fire Emblem characters without Roy.
(sorry if I'm a bit rude, I'm kinda a harsh critic at times)

splat

Smash Lord
Such a shame I'm late. Really curious to see how far I would've made it. Are we also allowed to put our feedback in here? If not, please ignored the bottom part of this post. Eheh.

I feel like pretty rosters are pretty awful, here's my reasons why.

ToothiestAura:
- Bowser Jr. transforming into another Mario
- No third DK character
- Toon Link Cut (even before he was confirmed we knew Sakurai thought two Links are important)
- Falco Cut
- Lucas cut in favor of a secondary character from his own game (which I like as a character but shouldn't appear without Lucas)
- Medusa
- Four Fire Emblem characters - two of which from the same game
- Four third party characters

KingOfPhantoms47
- Kamek
- Akwkward Layout - Samus & Ridley and Ness & Lucas on seperate rows, same for Star Fox characters
- Lucario Cut
- Krystal
- Four Star Fox characters
- Awkward Random button placement
- No new series but E3-confirmed and Little Mac, feels like Brawl Extended.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Fal, was the bracket page removed? Swamp had a bracket showcasing each round but its nowhere on the front page. I found it very helpful.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
KingofPhantoms47. Kamek was a good point, but ToothiestAura cutting Toon Link, Falco and Lucas finished the deal for me.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Both rosters have significant flaws, but between the two, Toothiest's are far more glaring. In no particular order, we have Medusa over Palutena, Masked Man over Lucas (?!?), Falco cut, four Fire Emblem characters including two from Awakening, no third Donkey Kong character, Zero Suit getting her own character slot, Ghirahim over Toon Link (which also means this is a roster that was never fixed post-TL reveal), and another roster that includes Little Mac and Pac-Man but not Mii despite being part of the "leak" trio. There's also a couple questionable calls with Saki and Ray as well as no obvious retro, but I'm personally fine with all those (and even use two of the three in my own roster). Meanwhile, King's roster has four DK characters, four Star Fox characters, Kamek, and a somewhat low 44 characters; some significant flaws in my eyes, but overall nowhere near as bad as his competitor's, so the vote ends up being pretty easy.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd recommend getting it up again, as it hasn't really been updated since the 5th round. Then we can prepare fully for the next round...

(C'mon, I need a character reveal so I can change my roster...)
Actually, it IS in the OP. Look again. :p

Unfortunately, I cannot edit it as Peachy created it. ;_;

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
KingofPhantoms47 gets my vote, in some way it has really some unexpected and borderline ludicrous choices but still get it done really nice.
.n_n.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Actually, it IS in the OP. Look again. :p

Unfortunately, I cannot edit it as Peachy created it. ;_;

Sorry, I meant "get it up again" as "start it back up for the more recent rounds". :p

I'll make a new one and start it up for you guys if you want!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
I'M BACK!
KingOfPhantoms47 wins this round with 16 votes vs. ToothiestAura's 2.

Sorry for the late update, guys, but I've run into a problem.

Unfortunately, I cannot start the next round because I couldn't find JediSuperSonic's Roster. Swampasaur doesn't have it and neither JediSuperSonic nor ThatWasPeachy are online at the moment. I don't get a reply within 2 days, I'll skip this round, and let someone else take Jedi's spot.

To avoid delays like this, I request all participants to PM me their rosters.

splat

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I cannot start the next round because I couldn't find JediSuperSonic's Roster. Swampasaur doesn't have it and neither JediSuperSonic nor ThatWasPeachy are online at the moment. I don't get a reply within 2 days, I'll skip this round, and let someone else take Jedi's spot.

To avoid delays like this, I request all participants to PM me their rosters.

For the person taking Jedi's spot, would you want them to PM you too? I'd like to take said spot - so if we can enter by simply replying my roster can be found here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For the person taking Jedi's spot, would you want them to PM you too? I'd like to take said spot - so if we can enter by simply replying my roster can be found here.
Preferably yes.

There are a few others who are interested to enter - such as Mega Bidoof and myself - so I'll just use an RNG.

D

Deleted member

JediSuperSonic
Though his roster is mostly just Brawl's roster with added on characters.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Hippopotasauce lacks Ridley and Palutena

Jedi's favors Roy over an Awakening rep.

I guess Jedi only commits one offense in my book, so that's where my vote is going.
Also, interesting how I forgot about this thread and now it's so many days ahead. Welp.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
END OF ROUND
SORRY FOR THE DELAY!
I was out because of Diwali celebrations. :p
JediSuperSonic wins with 14 votes compared to Hippopotasauce's 5.​
Next Round is: ThatWasPeachy vs. chaosSmash1​
ThatWasPeachy​
chaosSmash1​
... (I don't have his roster! :urg:)​
The post will be updated once I get his roster.​

D

Deleted member

I choose Splat's. While Dillon is an odd choice, I wouldn't be happy with Wolf getting cut and Snake staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom