• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 8th

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Well, at least we got a couple more trophies.

The White Pikmin diorama in the background is cute. <3

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I'm sitting here hovering over the replay section just wondering. Man of course Sakurai stopped right before explaining the replays on the 3ds to us. How long can the replays be? can you share them with friends? Is it like pokemon where you need to enter a code? Can you post them online? Is the online going to be through youtube or another video site?

ARGH!

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Sakurai, please understand. We don't care.
Only 3 weeks away my friend. Soon all these wasteful Smash Run pics and Menu pics will be gone before you know it.
He's pre-occupied with being an unlockable character. Don't worry, he'll get back to you when you unlock him.
Are unlockable characters actually confirmed?

Last edited:

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Alright, I think we're going to get another boring week of POTDs and then on Friday we will get something big. Just like when we got Shulk's trailer.

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Only 3 weeks away my friend. Soon all these wasteful Smash Run pics and Menu pics will be gone before you know it.

Are unlockable characters actually confirmed?
People believe so, going by the roster seen in the final build demos going on in Japan. The only character on the roster we haven't seen on that are officially confirmed is Lucina. So we assume she will be unlockable, as well as the other leaked characters.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
People believe so, going by the roster seen in the final build demos going on in Japan. The only character on the roster we haven't seen on that are officially confirmed is Lucina. So we assume she will be unlockable, as well as the other leaked characters.
Mewtwo confirmed?

Xenado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stevoman810
3DS FC
4699-7704-3965
Get real.[/quote]
I'm sitting here hovering over the replay section just wondering. Man of course Sakurai stopped right before explaining the replays on the 3ds to us. How long can the replays be? can you share them with friends? Is it like pokemon where you need to enter a code? Can you post them online? Is the online going to be through youtube or another video site?

ARGH!
Well it could be like Mario kart 8 with youtube

Uffe

Smash Hero
Trophies -
Album
Replays
Tips
Records
Sounds

TARTRS

Tartar Sauce! What do you eat Tartar Sauce with? Fish! Who eats fish? Ice Climbers did!

ICE CLIMBERS CONFIRMED FOR SM4SH
This gave me a good laugh. xD

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
"Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off."
That is really cool. I can make photos that stick out to the player and the regular ones without having to choose one or the other.

I am glad Sakurai told us this before hand, because I would have learned it from a mistake otherwise.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
I don't know why people keep expecting huge reveals when the game is out in a few days in Japan. Sakurai still wants to keep the possible secrets of the game hidden and I'm always ok with new info of the game. I mean people need to realize that he didn't even need to show us anything about the game, but he did anyways. I for one am grateful with what Sakurai did for us this long wait till the new Smash
As am I. So much amazing pieces of information, reveals and the like have come from the pic of the days but people treat each pic of the day to having to be some impressive new revelation, reveal, whatever you want to call it and that's just sad. Let those ungrateful individuals whine and complain while you and me, as well as others who are like minded in thinking be excited for what this week holds. :b:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
No stage builder. I'm surprised actually. Unless it's within another menu or needs to be unlocked. You never know. The 3DS and Wii U are perfect for the stage builder due to having multiple screens. The top screen can be the stage display while the bottom screen is all of the parts. I truly hope there is a massive amount of options to select for the Stage builder this time around. I understand it was an attempt at something new in Brawl, but it was a good idea. The only issue in my opinion was that it was lack luster. If one wants to create a Battlefield clone stage with their own music, they should be able to do that(of course this is one example).

Also, I know some people hate them, but I truly hope if an exploit is found that the PMDT seizes the opportunity. I'm aware they said they had no plans to do so. But they had such an amazing impact on the community. The ultimate fan service. I would like to see and play the full game before I think measures like this would even need to be taken. But just imagine the possibilities. If the stage builder does not return, I'm assuming that's due to Project M being accessed though it. Sakurai wouldn't intentionally take out game mechanics or modes for no reason would he? Nevermind he has and will. Interesting pic of the day though.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Well hello there Replays, I hope you are better than in Brawl.
Can't be worse, right? It's funny that homebrew modding can remove the length constraint, so it wasn't an actual system limitation. Hopefully SSB4's will be more accommodating, because I like the idea of it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Personally I don't mind this. It's at least some sort of info rather than a filler pic.

Also, your tears are delicious.

tommykittycat

Smash Rookie
NNID
tommykittycat
3DS FC
3823-8531-0161
I hope we can save replays that are longer than three minutes and be able to post them to Miiverse, like Mario Kart 8.

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
More Menus!? I feel this is going to be a long week...

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Until it's Friday in the US, which is actually the release day of the game in Japan. Then I expect to see some streams and people really diving into the game. That shall be fun!
I hoping to see more from the Wiii U version after this week, so bring on the menus and random pics just for this week that is not the weeks after this.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I'm thinking that character reveals are done until after the game's release. We all know who to expect anyway. Just be patient Smashboarders! This Saturday and Sunday you can expect hundreds of YouTube videos with gameplay and unlockable characters! I can't wait!!!

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Lets hope replays longer than three minutes can be saved. But looks like a really nice menu, everything we expected it to be xD Really like the detail on the trophy

Wyntir

Dark Child - 3DS tag online
NNID
Wyntir
3DS FC
4914-5115-4401
Why are some here so entitled to think they deserve a "good" PotD every other day? Sakurai doesn't even have to do something like this, and yet we've gotten a small bit of info about this game every day for the past year.

Regardless of what the info is, I'm glad he does it. No other game director does something like this.

I'm interested to see what my randomly selected trophy is compared to my friends'. :chuckle:
Your knee pads look worn out

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
So happy the replays are coming back. I used to love waking up to my wii glowing and noticing it was a replay from one of my buddy's bodying someone lol. Good times.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Your knee pads look worn out
Don't be a jerk. A Lucky Person, like other Sakurai fans, is sick of hearing people complain. He's right... Sakurai doesn't have to give us ANY PotD's... so be thankful for what you get, and knock off the dirty and rude statements. Leave that for the other forums. Smashboards is for NICE people.

Earthbound_PKMN_Trainer

Smash Apprentice
NNID
roboticsuperstar
3DS FC
0731-6040-6586
Thankful but left something to be desired ... and that might be the point.

We all know, Sakurai included, that this whole game will be blasted and put online for us all to see each detail come Friday-Saturday.

If the director of the game wants to tease/troll us before the game's initial release, then fine. Hasn't reduced my hype.

That being said ... can I see something new for tonight's PotD?? haha

Top Bottom