• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 3rd

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
Yay recolors! I'm not the biggest user of recolors but yanno, it'll be pretty awesome to have them.

Anyone else hoping for shiny variations of the pokemon as alts?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum - I will not play Bowser Jr. UNLESS he comes with the Koopalings as his pallete swaps, in which case I will play him all the dang time.

This is an entirely character-biased view on my part - I grew up with an NES, and Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite Mario game, and I grew to loathe Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. as he stole the spotlight from the Koopalings. I've never felt more betrayed by Nintendo when Bowser Jr. took their place as Bowser's only son, as if Bowser suddenly never had seven older children. I don't even know what they're considered anymore, but I'm psyched to see them getting any representation at all these days.

It's interesting to hear a completely opposite perspective on them, so I'm curious (and only asking for sake of friendly conversation), why do you hate the Koopalings?
I know this probably makes me sound stupid, but I don't know exactly what it is about them I don't like. I'm a huge Bowser Jr. fan, and really do like him, so I'm glad he's in, but I'm disappointed in his apparent playstyle.

As far as the Koopalings go (and this might be because I haven't played their games) I just don't care for them. I hate their designs, and from what I've seen, they are really annoying characters I can't seem to like. I was also immensely irritated by the fact that the koopalings got in Mario Kart 8 (we are on 8 right?) over my Double Dash mains in Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. So, maybe it has something to do with that. I'm not entirely sure. Of course, you are 100% welcome to like the Koopalings, but personally, I don't get how people can really like them.

Also, I really don't like the idea of having full alts that cause them to turn into an entire different character. For instance, Peach into Daisy, Olimar into Alph. I just think it's strange. Heck, look at Dark Pit, a character pretty much primed to be an Alt will most likely be playable. I feel like Sakurai if he really wants them should then just add them in as clones instead of alts. I do however do not want the Koopalings as clones, so if they have to be in, I guess alts are fine, as long as Bowser Jr. has at least one regular color alt.

As for alts that I want to see. I'd like to have Robin get a Micaiah style recolor, and Palutena to get a Viridi style one. Kind of like what they do in Marvel vs Capcom 3.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I know this probably makes me sound stupid, but I don't know exactly what it is about them I don't like. I'm a huge Bowser Jr. fan, and really do like him, so I'm glad he's in, but I'm disappointed in his apparent playstyle.

As far as the Koopalings go (and this might be because I haven't played their games) I just don't care for them. I hate their designs, and from what I've seen, they are really annoying characters I can't seem to like. I was also immensely irritated by the fact that the koopalings got in Mario Kart 8 (we are on 8 right?) over my Double Dash mains in Diddy Kong and Bowser Jr. So, maybe it has something to do with that. I'm not entirely sure. Of course, you are 100% welcome to like the Koopalings, but personally, I don't get how people can really like them.
That's fair, and there's nothing stupid about liking one character over others :)

I was actually surprised they got into Mario Kart 8 over Bowser Jr. despite my preference for them, so I can totally see how that would sour a Lil' B fan. I haven't played any of the New Super Mario Bros. or 3D world, so my memories of them are limited to Mario 3, Super Mario World, and the Super Mario Bros. TV show based on Mario 3, so it's entirely possible I could grow to hate them based on the recent appearances I've missed.

The funny thing is they were incredibly annoying in the TV show too, so we would probably look at the same TV show clips in two totally different ways.

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
*Spoiler alert for people who don't know the whole thing with the leaks* Wasn't this it? Because if so, then HYPE OVERLOAD!View attachment 23933
still sakurai 7 MORE GOD DAMN PICS LEFT TILL JAPANESE RELEASE AND ACORDING TO THE LEAK WE NEED 11 FRICKIN MORE CHARACTERS LEFT GET ON IT SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is all
Don't WORRY! He's not going to be giving POTD of unlockable characters until after the game's release... (that is if he does things the same way he did when Brawl was releasing.)

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220
Man, i'm SO glad they are taking advantage of these color palettes. It's amazing how a little forethought can make a few color swaps into alt costumes that feel genuine. Good job.

Malion

Smash Ace
See, that's my exact issue. I'd find it ridiculous if only one person can play as Bowser Jr. at a time. That would just be stupid if me and my friend have to race to see who can play as Bowser Jr. it makes no sense at all.
Lol do you really like bowser Jr more than the other koopalings?

I'm sure multiple bowser Jr's could be in team battle...

Though maybe all 8 will be bowser Jr... Just referencing the other koopalings via palette swap.

Dan Yopi

Smash Rookie
Black & White Yoshi please. We already have green, red, pink, yellow, blue, light blue...plus white & black = 8.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Lol do you really like bowser Jr more than the other koopalings?

I'm sure multiple bowser Jr's could be in team battle...

Though maybe all 8 will be bowser Jr... Just referencing the other koopalings via palette swap.
I'd much rather they reference them. I hate the idea of having them turn into a whole different character. Like Peach into Daisy.

Malion

Smash Ace
If it does just refence them I still want him to have sunglasses and hair ribbons when appropriate.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Really cool how every character is getting that much color changes. Also, they updated the official site with two new music tracks. Check it out!

DarkStar64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Keystoner_33
3DS FC
4914-3939-6213
Therefore, if Bowser Jr. Or the Duck hunt dog do exist as of now, since the developers themselves have not made any confirmation on their existence, it's possible that they could be deleted the way Mewtwo was deleted from Brawl since they are not obligated to keep content that they have not yet confirmed.
lol you really think they would remove characters that have been clearly programmed into the game (if you choose not to believe that video leak then you're completely delusional) this late into development? You do know the game is coming out exactly one month from today right?

Also, Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie etc. are in fact just speculation at this point but as someone else already pointed out your doubtfulness is just as much an opinion as everyone elses hype for their possible inclusion which imo is quite likely at this point.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
That's fair, and there's nothing stupid about liking one character over others :)

I was actually surprised they got into Mario Kart 8 over Bowser Jr. despite my preference for them, so I can totally see how that would sour a Lil' B fan. I haven't played any of the New Super Mario Bros. or 3D world, so my memories of them are limited to Mario 3, Super Mario World, and the Super Mario Bros. TV show based on Mario 3, so it's entirely possibly I could grow to hate them based on the recent appearances I've missed.

The funny thing is they were incredibly annoying in the TV show too, so we would probably look at the same TV show clips in two totally different ways.
SMB3 is also my favorite Mario game. I always loved the Koopalings and I also hated that Bowser Jr suddenly became the only son while the Koopalings were suddenly forgotten about. So I was hype when they finally returned in NSMB Wii. And even more hype that they appeared in Mario Kart 8, which was an idea that always made sense to me. Though i'm not sure why Bowser Jr didn't return.

The Koopalings have about as much personality as Boom Boom or any other reoccurring Mario baddie. The only time they were ever given any real personality and character was in The Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 / Super Mario World, where they were portrayed as Bowser's children. So I really don't see how someone can just hate them for no real reason unless they grew up hating the cartoon versions of em. Bowser Jr has had a distinct personality since his debut in Sunshine. I'm not upset by his inclusion in Smash Bros, though I wouldve preferred his moveset to be based on Sunshine. And as much as I love the Koopa kids I don't like the idea of them serving as palette swaps because they are all very different characters.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
lol you really think they would remove characters that have been clearly programmed into the game (if you choose not to believe that video leak then you're completely delusional) this late into development? You do know the game is coming out exactly one month from today right?
9 days in Japan, actually. That probably covers just about the packing and shipping time; the final copies in their retail boxes almost certainly are completed by now.

And as far as I know, Mewtwo's data in Brawl didn't exist in the form of leaked CSS and an actual gameplay video. But I understand the point.

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Please, Sakurai; Yukata, Flowers and bikini Lucina!!

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So another part of the leak has come true. This is really cool, from an aesthetic standpoint. Hopefully they use unique models for a few costumes as well...although the leak does claim we'll see Alph and the Koopalings, so there could easily be more.

Come on, Vanguard Ike...

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
hm...... 4 Sheik costumes, and 4 costumes of Impa???

Seems like it would work perfectly!

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum - I will not play Bowser Jr. UNLESS he comes with the Koopalings as his pallete swaps, in which case I will play him all the dang time.

This is an entirely character-biased view on my part - I grew up with an NES, and Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite Mario game, and I grew to loathe Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. as he stole the spotlight from the Koopalings. I've never felt more betrayed by Nintendo when Bowser Jr. took their place as Bowser's only son, as if Bowser suddenly never had seven older children. I don't even know what they're considered anymore, but I'm psyched to see them getting any representation at all these days.

It's interesting to hear a completely opposite perspective on them, so I'm curious (and only asking for sake of friendly conversation), why do you hate the Koopalings?
I'm kinda the same- I have no interest in playing as Bowser Jr., but if Lemmy is playable, I'll want to use him more. That said, I'm still glad to see Bowser Jr. here even without the Koopalings, but I just won't use him much alone.

Then again, we could get Bowser Jr having some colors and then have the smallest Koopalings appear as Alys (Lemmy, Larry, Wendy?)... but then again, Lucina is her own character, so I'm not sure.

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
I never said they didn't deserve to be in the title, I have been stating that it's nothing but speculation at this point. Falsified leaks exist so deal with it. I've stated that even if they do exist in theory, there has been 0 confirmation on Ridley and Mewtwo. Like I stated before, if you're capable of reading, that even if they exist today, the characters that have not yet been announced can be removed at any time since the developer at this point is not obligated to release content they have not announced, similar to the way mewtwo was deleted from brawl before it was released, and nothing of him remained on disc besides remnant files of sound bytes and color palletes. He was a character that was never announced that ultimately never made the final cut. What if these "leaked characters" have the same fate?

Tell Santa Claus I said hi, because until it's confirmed, it's still SPECULATION. I never said I didn't want Ridley in game, there is just 0 evidence that he exists, so get over yourself. There are no facts to validate these claims as of yet. Leaks are never 100% concrete and factual. Developers remove content from their games prior to release all the time. It's nothing new.

Have a nice day ;)
dude... im sorry but youre in denial. The many videos and pics that were leaked were actually confirmed by many pics of the day, not to mention that the leaked shulk art and gameplay is exactly the same as the stuff shown by sakurai. This is no coincidence.

Also...mewtwo was never a finished character in brawl and sakurai would never scrap a completed character at the last second.
1. Its a waste of peoples time and money
2. The game was already completed when the leaker showed everything that he did.
3. Its impossible for sakurai o edit the game when it has already been sent to the ESRB.

Now, im not saying mewtwo and ridley are confirmed because the leakers never confirmed whether there were aditional characters

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Looks like the Ninka leak was right about this.
And no tanned Villager alts? Really? And how come two of those new Villager alts make them look like they're high...?
:p

Last edited:

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
So legit! I can't wait to blast Dark Pit in the face in training mode with Gravity Suit Samus.

Think I'll save Dark Samus for Doc Mario abuse...

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
how is that pink !@#!@# from Super Metroid?
this is what the suit looks like in goddamn Super Metroid:

That **** is purple!

In Prime it's more blue

I never conceived smash to be full of **** for once. It always seemed so true to history and reality of the franchises. I guess they are going to tell us we're wrong? change history?
Bull****.

LIES

D

Deleted member

how is that pink !@#!@# from Super Metroid?
this is what the suit looks like in goddamn Super Metroid:

That **** is purple!

In Prime it's more blue

I never conceived smash to be full of **** for once. It always seemed so true to history and reality of the franchises. I guess they are going to tell us we're wrong? change history?
Bull****.

LIES
Heh. Dude. Look at the colour on the right in the second picture. THAT's the gravity suit. Not the pinkie suit in the first picture. :p Don't know what Sakurai is on about with the pink suit. It's definitely more based on the pink zero suit in Brawl if anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Having eight color swap is really nice but having Dr.Mario and Black Pit as an individual character is just wasting.
New Villagers all look sooooo creepy...

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Dark Samus Skin looks cool and all, but thinking about it, i find questionable making Dark Pit (who is a mere recolor) a playable character and not doing the same with Dark Samus.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
Heh. Dude. Look at the colour on the right in the second picture. THAT's the gravity suit. Not the pinkie suit in the first picture. :p Don't know what Sakurai is on about with the pink suit. It's definitely more based on the pink zero suit in Brawl if anything.
did you read the text that came with the pics? Sakurai is insinuating we all accept pink suit as the original gravity suit.

Top Bottom