• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 3rd

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. Until now, you were only able to choose from four, or sometimes five or six colors for each character. This time, though, all characters have eight colors to choose from! The first four color schemes for Samus are based off her Varia Suit, Fusion Suit, Gravity Suit from Super Metroid, and the Dark Suit."

He included another picture and a comment: "…And here she is in the color schemes of the Gravity Suit from Metroid Prime, Green Samus (a regular in the Smash series), the Light Suit, and Dark Samus. A total of eight colors."

A third and final picture was included with the comment: "You can choose between four male and four female Villagers to play with. The designs for their faces and clothes are different. And here are the four Villagers we haven't shown you yet."

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Liking light blue colored villager despite looking down and depressed. I'm excited to see more colors for the other characters.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Holy **** that "Dark Samus" color. MMMMMMMM....

AbbiDood

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShadyLion
Umm, this confirms another leak right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a leak saying that every character would have 8 different colours, while ____ would get the 7 other ____ as alts? (____ are Mario characters, not gonna mention who in case people don't wanna get spoilered)

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
So Dark Samus is a color scheme and a AT...
Every AT can be playable! Hope arises anew! :troll:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
That female villager to the left will haunt my dreams forever.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
(Glad there's finally a Dark Samus color)
Not glad Dark Pit gets his own slot, whilst Dark Samus is an alternative costume. I mean come on Nintendo Metroid is one of your most iconic videogame series, how is it that all your other iconic series have at least 3 playable characters.

Edit: With the exception of Animal Crossing, but hey that has only just had a rep, whilst Samus has been around since the start.

Last edited:

p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4p4nd4

Smash Cadet
NNID
le-harlz
3DS FC
4227-0851-7533
Still a tiny bit disappointed that you can't bring your own AC villager into the fray, but hey, the Mii Fighters do it enough for me.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Umm, this confirms another leak right? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a leak saying that every character would have 8 different colours, while ____ would get the 7 other ____ as alts? (____ are Mario characters, not gonna mention who in case people don't wanna get spoilered)
*Spoiler alert for people who don't know the whole thing with the leaks* Wasn't this it? Because if so, then HYPE OVERLOAD!
ERZBZqB.jpg

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Please let there be Alternate hairstyles for Robin.

I need my crazy hair with eye patch combo tactician in action.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Pretty cool. Always glad to have more colors.

Then again, I tend to stick to the default colors. I know all the characters from their original games so well that switching colors is a little weird for me.

There are some that work really well with color alts, though, like Mega Man and Villager. Really looking forward to seeing all the options we'll have.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Please be real...
I want to play as Roy...Koopa.
THIS SO MUCH!

-
Also, I love those Samus colors!
Dark Samus made it in!!!

...an interesting irony considering Dark Samus is so much more unique than Dark Pit, the REAL original recolor. :/

-

As for the new leak on the block. 4 villains, haha yeah right.

Last edited:

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
8 colors, great! :grin:

Samus ranking:
1. Dark Samus
2. Light Suit
3. Fusion Suit
4. Varia Suit
5. Dark Suit
6. Gravity Suit
7. Pink Suit
8. Green Suit

Raph_the_Great

Smash Apprentice
Finally Pikachu's 4 costume streak will be broken!!!

2 more Link colors to be revealed, and I'm totally excited for Robin's costumes

pickle962

Smash Lord
Huh. That's weird. I thought today Sakurai would address something of great importance to the smash bros community. Something regarding the mystery of a certain furry character who's been part of the playable cast since 1999. Oh how it pains me that this close to the Japanese release and we still do not know the most crucial thing about this character and yet Sakurai continues to leave us in the dark about it

For those not in the know...My question to Sakurai is this,

What does FOX say?

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
For that leaked Mario character who I won't name, I somehow doubt his model completely will not change for the seven possible alts; rather, I feel that he will get the same basic color schemes, as well as possible tattoos, with no significant model change.

Top Bottom