• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 3rd

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Guys this (thankfully) hurts the koopalings chances. Since Sakurai really wants everyone to be able to play a character at once (i.e. all male villagers or all female villagers) I assume Bowser Jr. will be getting at least four color swaps. I will projectile vomit, if it's a race to see who is allowed to play as Bowser Jr. The koopalings NEED to stay out of Smash Bros.
I think some people are assuming that Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps ARE the Koopalings though, which would mean that Bowser Jr. won't have ANY recolors at all.

SmashFanatic

Smash Rookie
still sakurai 7 MORE GOD DAMN PICS LEFT TILL JAPANESE RELEASE AND ACORDING TO THE LEAK WE NEED 11 FRICKIN MORE CHARACTERS LEFT GET ON IT SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is all

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think some people are assuming that Bowser Jr.'s palette swaps ARE the Koopalings though, which would mean that Bowser Jr. won't have ANY recolors at all.
See, that's my exact issue. I'd find it ridiculous if only one person can play as Bowser Jr. at a time. That would just be stupid if me and my friend have to race to see who can play as Bowser Jr. it makes no sense at all.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
See, that's my exact issue. I'd find it ridiculous if only one person can play as Bowser Jr. at a time. That would just be stupid if me and my friend have to race to see who can play as Bowser Jr. it makes no sense at all.
There's also the attributes dilemma, as Bowser Jr. is only really at the same weight league as Larry and Wendy. All the other Koopalings are either lighter (Lemmy) or heavier (Morton, Iggy, Roy, Ludwig) than him.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
There's also the attributes dilemma, as Bowser Jr. is only really at the same weight league as Larry and Wendy. All the other Koopalings are either lighter (Lemmy) or heavier (Morton, Iggy, Roy, Ludwig) than him.
Exactly. If my friend gets to play as Bowser Jr. and I'm forced to play as a Koopaling, I will smash my cart right then and there.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can't tell which Villagers are boys and which ones are girls here.
All I know is that the one on the far left is probably a girl. Besides that I have no idea.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Aside from Ridley already being heavily supported by leaks and such to be in...

Dark Samus is basically one of Samus's color/costumes? (Inform me if it's not the same but just close). Lucina and Dark Pit and Dr Mario were different characters/costumes and they were turned into their own characters as clones. Metroid sort of HAS to have a newcomer, and he did NOT ADD DARK SAMUS. RIDLEY CONFIRMED FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME!

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
8 Sonic colors, aww yiss.

But most importantly

8 COLORS 4 MEWTWO
Okay, I'm gonna stop doing that before I get proven wrong for being obnoxious >.<

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Oh, can't way to see how many different schemes Robin has, as the customizable player avatar.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Please let there be Alternate hairstyles for Robin.

I need my crazy hair with eye patch combo tactician in action.
I'm personally hoping they (Male & Female) will get a *Spoiler Alert* Grima alternate. Just add purple smoke and give them evil voice clips and bam.

Kesno

Smash Cadet
I was thinking it was going to be awesome to have ZS Samus in those light and dark samus alts. Then I realized that she'll still have her 6 original costumes with the inclusion of the 2 bikini alts. It hurts to have her not look really awesome, but for the pursuit of a greater cause I'll live.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You said, and I quote,
"6. I'm riding the hype train, yes, but there is evidence backing it up, I'm not blind."

To which I responded "you need glasses" because you are allowing speculation to cloud your judgement.

The full roster displayed in the video still does not allure to mewtwo or ridley, and that's the main focus as this is what you're basing your argument off of. And once again, developers can change ANY content in their software that they themselves have not guaranteed to be in their new title, so even if it exists in their database today, they could delete it tomorrow. On Brawl's game disc, there are remnant files of mewtwo soundbytes, victory themes, and color pallates, but were ultimately left on the disc as empty files, and lo and behold, mewtwo is NOT in Brawl.

Therefore, if Bowser Jr. Or the Duck hunt dog do exist as of now, since the developers themselves have not made any confirmation on their existence, it's possible that they could be deleted the way Mewtwo was deleted from Brawl since they are not obligated to keep content that they have not yet confirmed.

Still speculation, still no evidence, so sit back and enjoy the ride, instead of trying to get to your destination quicker than what is physically possible.
A leak that predicted the recently-leaked characters perfectly appeared way before this one and it had Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie Kong...why's that so hard to get to your thick Ridley-hater skull?

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
For that leaked Mario character who I won't name, I somehow doubt his model completely will not change for the seven possible alts; rather, I feel that he will get the same basic color schemes, as well as possible tattoos, with no significant model change.
I hope this is the case. I don't like alts being straight up different characters. It's also mean that more than one person wouldn't really be able to play as that same character. That leak got details mixed up before, saying he'd ride a kart instead of the clown car, before correcting himself later. So it's possible he got that mixed up.

D

Deleted member

It's nobody's opinion. Leaks are not always reliable, and there's no way to confirm if any of it is actually true. I never said it was impossible, but DOUBTFUL that Ridley or Mewtwo would make it back to the series. Note that I said "probably not going to happen."
Just going to put this here:

Untitled-1.jpg

If you look at the places I've marked, we have both confirmed and partially confirmed information.
Shulk was confirmed a bit ago, this leak is older than that.

Bowser Jr is confirmed through video evidence, professionally crafted screenshots, and Nintendo damage-controlling the leaks. Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are shown through screenshots, and most of the screenshots shown off are identical to picture-of-the-day posts done by Sakurai. And they were submitted before official publishing of his miiverse/smash bros site posts.

There are question marks around the markings of Doc and Pittoo because their details haven't been confirmed yet, but their prescense is already proven.

The 8 palette swaps were confirmed today.

Shulk's trailer indicates the exact same properties that the leak is affirming about his stage and "Monado Modes". It even states that he has 5 modes, which are shown off in the trailer.

Bowser Jr is shown through video that he fights in his Koopa Clown Car, with boxing gloves and cannonballs.

Duck Hunt Dog is proven to be within the roster, and a duck appears next to his character portrait, but further details are not confirmed yet.

And the rest is speculated to be true or not.

But you have to admit, that all of these assertions are quite accurate, especially about a lot of details that weren't shown off prior to the big leak in the first place. Because of that, you might as well call it natural that a lot of people will assume the rest to be true.

That's all I'm going to say. Carry on hyping about the Dark Samus palette, guys. I know I will.

Duskinja

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yoshibrothers505
Loving the palette swaps!
Okay, so my opinion on the Mewtwo/Ridley inclusion: it more than likely WON'T happen. Ridley was already teased as a stage boss(Metal Face got the exact same treatment) and Sakurai already passed up Mewtwo in Brawl, which means he probably won't reconsider him(I will only retract such a statement if and only if Dr. Mario actually does make it in this game).

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
Any way you look at it, that 07/29 text leak is spot on about a lot of things, and so far disproven by few. Even without video confirmation, it seems pretty believeable.

Now, a lack of screenshots or facts make the Dixie, Ridley, Chorus Boys, and Mewtwo inclusions the hardest to believe, but if I'm going to believe that there are any more characters than the visual leak, I'm going to believe this one as of right now.

That said, with the inclusion of MK8 DLC, the Koopalings make sense, as technically that spot on the CSS might just be more "Koopalings", as Bowser Jr. is Bowser's kid afterall.

I'm excited for everyone's colors, I've always loved palate swaps!

Dratnell

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dratnell-92
3DS FC
4270-2473-1284
how will pit and dark pits colours work? 16 colours for the same character
Just because Dark Pit is a clone it doesn't mean they're the same character. If you actually played Uprising you would know Pittoo is the totally opposite of Pit, you're making a pointless observation based on Dark Pit's appearance.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Oh goodie, now it will take even longer for my sisters to choose their characters. :T

JK, but there is hope for a Shadow alt (or recolor like the Silver one) now that I know Dark Samus is an Assist Trophy /and/ an alt. ;v;

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys! This means that Bowser Jr.'s leak of having the Koopalings as alts. is more and more likely! Think about it!
1. Bowser Jr.
2. Larry Koopa
3. Morton Koopa Jr.
4. Wendy O. Koopa
5. Iggy Koopa
6. Roy Koopa
7. Lemmy Koopa
8. Ludwig Von Koopa
It all adds up to 8 "costumes/colors"! Koopalings confirmed!:p

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
A leak that predicted the recently-leaked characters perfectly appeared way before this one and it had Ridley, Mewtwo and Dixie Kong...why's that so hard to get to your thick Ridley-hater skull?
You people obviously are too blinded by hype to actually pay attention to fact and instead choose to feed off of each other's insanity rather than to pay attention to legitimate facts. I absolutely cannot wait for this to come crashing down on you.

Who are you by the way, and why should I even care? What obligation does this developer have to put Mewtwo or Ridley into their product? NONE, as of now. Start reading instead of trying to call people out. If you think that I should care about your opinion of me, I don't. Stop acting like a child. There is no legitimate "leak" that has revealed whether or not Mewtwo or Ridley will appear in the next title. None of it is fact at this point, it's still speculation. Oh, and the leak that you're referring to is absolutely fake. Sorry.

Last edited:

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
Now... give Jigglypuff her huge hair bow back. With 7 additional colours, how can't that not happen?

Greninja has better colour swaps than regular Pokémon. They might concider removing accessories all together on Pokémons...? However, at E3, Pikachu did have accessories.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
You people obviously are too blinded by hype to actually pay attention to fact and instead choose to feed off of each other's insanity rather than to pay attention to legitimate facts. I absolutely cannot wait for this to come crashing down on you.

Who are you by the way, and why should I even care? What obligation does this developer have to put Mewtwo or Ridley into their product? NONE, as of now. Start reading instead of trying to call people out. If you think that I should care about your opinion of me, I don't. Stop acting like a child. There is no legitimate "leak" that has revealed whether or not Mewtwo or Ridley will appear in the next title. None of it is fact at this point, it's still speculation. Oh, and the leak that you're referring to is absolutely fake. Sorry.
Predicted Shulk's stance-switching, Bowser Jr.'s Playstyle and alternate costumes, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario (The longest shot of them all)...yeah, completely and absolutely fake, I think you're blinded by your hatred for characters that deserve a playable appearance.

Imber

Smash Cadet
So Pit and Dark Pit are both going to have 8 palette swaps? Do enough colors even exist to do that? If Pit still has his Dark Pit palette swap does that mean Dark Pit will get a "regular Pit" one? Where will it all end???

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
So Pit and Dark Pit are both going to have 8 palette swaps? Do enough colors even exist to do that? If Pit still has his Dark Pit palette swap does that mean Dark Pit will get a "regular Pit" one? Where will it all end???
Well that's the thing... It doesn't end... It goes on in a never ending cycle... Always going... Farther and farther... Until no human survives...

The ride never ends.

But seriously, Give Pit a bunch of lighter colors (Light blue, pinkish-red, lime green) and Dark Pit can get darker colors (dark blue, deep red, dark green, purple), for example. That could work.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh dude, this is awesome! Well, here's hoping for purple Lucario. ;)

EDIT: Well, here's hoping he has actual palette swaps and not toned swaps. Wouldn't mind Red Lucario, either.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well well well. Your claims have certainly debunked every proof that people have presented to you.

That's well and fine. Hope you'll enjoy the game that just so will happen to have the exact same characters as those which are leaked. Ridley and Mewtwo aside.

Unless you have actual counter-evidence? I'd like to see it personally. All the more reason why this debate is happening in the first place hopefully.

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
Most Wanted:
Zelda - SS version
Ganondorf - HW version (could be DLC)
Peach - Shadow Queen, Daisy (already there)
Rosalina - Mario Kart suit
Megaman - Rockman, Zero
Sonic - Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, rest of gang
Pikachu - magician hat
Sheik - Impa (if not playable)
Luigi - Mr L
Toon Link - conductor, blue shirt versions

Top Bottom