• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - September 3rd

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Not glad Dark Pit gets his own slot, whilst Dark Samus is an alternative costume. I mean come on Nintendo Metroid is one of your most iconic videogame series, how is it that all your other iconic series have at least 3 playable characters.

Edit: With the exception of Animal Crossing, but hey that has only just had a rep, whilst Samus has been around since the start.
*cough* DK *cough*

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
still sakurai 7 MORE GOD DAMN PICS LEFT TILL JAPANESE RELEASE AND ACORDING TO THE LEAK WE NEED 11 FRICKIN MORE CHARACTERS LEFT GET ON IT SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is all
Back in the brawl days Sakurai waited till after release to unveil the secret characters. So he doesn't have to show us anymore characters until after release.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
I feel like Bowser Jr. Alts won't be model changes but color schemes based on the koopalings. I mean think about it. They all vary in size. I just don't see it working. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see.

Mattrack10

Smash Rookie
(At nintendo head corders) alright everyone, lets talk about mario kart 8 and smash bros, I don't think bower jr should be in mario kart 8, he is no longer relivent (everyone agrees), now how about smash bros? What characters should we include? How about Bowser Jr!

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Not glad Dark Pit gets his own slot, whilst Dark Samus is an alternative costume. I mean come on Nintendo Metroid is one of your most iconic videogame series, how is it that all your other iconic series have at least 3 playable characters.
I don't know much about metroid, but I'd like to state that Dark Pit (Pitoo) is a very different character with possibly some of the smoothest character development in all of Kid Icarus. While Sakurai may make him a clone, he has the potential to be very different due to the weapon system and such. Also, Sakurai made Kid Icarus Uprising and it's only natural that he would want to bring forth multiple representatives into the game

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I feel like Bowser Jr. Alts won't be model changes but color schemes based on the koopalings. I mean think about it. They all vary in size. I just don't see it working. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see.
Hurtboxes would be different for taller ones like Larry and fatter ones like Morton and Roy. It's obvious Jr. himself can be damaged; we see Bowser doing it in the footage.
Koopalings DECONFIRMED.

Also just realized Shadow-trolling is now indicative of a pattern; Ridley supporters. Now Ridley AND Metal Face have been teased as stage bosses...through Shadows. I guess Ridley's chances just fell from "Too Big" to "Too Small" :troll:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Guys this (thankfully) hurts the koopalings chances. Since Sakurai really wants everyone to be able to play a character at once (i.e. all male villagers or all female villagers) I assume Bowser Jr. will be getting at least four color swaps. I will projectile vomit, if it's a race to see who is allowed to play as Bowser Jr. The koopalings NEED to stay out of Smash Bros.
The least they can do is koopaling revolves but that sounds awful, but come on guys the announcer shouldn't say "bowser junior !" And you have roy as your choice

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
It's nobody's opinion. Leaks are not always reliable, and there's no way to confirm if any of it is actually true. I never said it was impossible, but DOUBTFUL that Ridley or Mewtwo would make it back to the series. Note that I said "probably not going to happen."
It goes both ways buddy. He doesn't have prove that they will be playable, but you don't have proof that they "probably won't be". Determining likelihood and chances is just as fool hearty as determining who "will" be playable and requires definitive proof to be considered anything more than opinion. And right now there is no HARD definitive proof that Mewtwo and Ridley's chances are bad, and there won't be unless Sakurai outright says it.

Doubtfulness is an opinion.

Dark Samus is playable...as an alternate costume...this is bittersweet indeed, and technically it's the Echoes one, whereas the Corruption one is still an AT...I'll still play as DS even if it feels utterly wrong...why Sakurai...why Dark Pit and not Dark Samus...
Because Dark Samus and Samus fight completely different and it wouldn't do her justice to be a clone.

Last edited:

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
Some new questions arise when i see the new colors...

Will Pit still have the black colored alt, since Dark Pit is also selectable?

Which colors are Dark Pit's alts?

Why is Link having actual different alt costumes, while Samus just gets some color swaps? The Darksuit and Light suits are both very different and waaaaaay more awesome with the real armor. The Dark Samus color looks cool, so i'm happy i can still play as Dark Samus in some way :upsidedown:

I know in a way it's like we have three metroid reps cough* No Ridley sorry

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hurtboxes would be different for taller ones like Larry and fatter ones like Morton and Roy. It's obvious Jr. himself can be damaged; we see Bowser doing it in the footage.
Koopalings DECONFIRMED.

Also just realized Shadow-trolling is now indicative of a pattern; Ridley supporters. Now Ridley AND Metal Face have been teased as stage bosses...through Shadows. I guess Ridley's chances just fell from "Too Big" to "Too Small" :troll:
What are you talking about? I'm pretty certain Metal Face is playable. They pulled a Dark Pit in that trailer, and left it on a cliffhanger.

The least they can do is koopaling revolves but that sounds awful, but come on guys the announcer shouldn't say "bowser junior !" And you have roy as your choice
Bowser Jr. not having a single alt color makes no sense at all. And yeah, I don't think saying "Bowser Jr." for them works.

Last edited:

KatKit

Smash Lord
The wonderful thing about Samus is that we can probably make her suits function alittle more like they do in her games thanks to customizable movesets. I love the Light Suit and Dark Samus alts, by the way. Oh, and Green Samus is a Smash staple! Don't hate. One day it'll be in a Metroid game.

Anyways, regardless of what the leak says, I think Samus may still get an alt, despite having 8 color schemes in her default costume.

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
What are you talking about? I'm pretty certain Metal Face is playable. They pulled a Dark Pit in that trailer, and left it on a cliffhanger.

Bowser Jr. not having a single alt color makes no sense at all. And yeah, I don't think saying "Bowser Jr." for them works.
Sorry I meant the least they can do is have koopaling recolors but that wily be awful, but yeah you can't have absolutely no pallets swaps at all he needs some color, he will probably have the same colors as bowser

TropicalTaco

Smash Journeyman
Samus was my secondary in Brawl, and I have to say, she's looking incredible for Smash 4. The actual design of her armor is a downgrade from her Brawl incarnation, imo, but the colors are there, and I'm definitely feeling them.

Can't wait to rock that dark, bluish grey/aquamarine armor, as well as the black and white armor.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

....I can't tell if you're just being a troll or are plain stupid. Metal Face is actually BIGGER than Ridley is. Bigger than Doshin the Giant is. There is no way in hell they would pick him as a playable, let alone have a second Xenoblade rep at all.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Why no real fusion suit? Plus Samus doesn't even get a proper alt, I am disappoint. Plus is you have a dark samus colour and proper model from her assist why not just have her be her own character? Like Lucina, Dark pit and doctor mario, Unless we get another metroid rep...

Last edited:

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
Predicted Shulk's stance-switching, Bowser Jr.'s Playstyle and alternate costumes, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario (The longest shot of them all)...yeah, completely and absolutely fake, I think you're blinded by your hatred for characters that deserve a playable appearance.
I never said they didn't deserve to be in the title, I have been stating that it's nothing but speculation at this point. Falsified leaks exist so deal with it. I've stated that even if they do exist in theory, there has been 0 confirmation on Ridley and Mewtwo. Like I stated before, if you're capable of reading, that even if they exist today, the characters that have not yet been announced can be removed at any time since the developer at this point is not obligated to release content they have not announced, similar to the way mewtwo was deleted from brawl before it was released, and nothing of him remained on disc besides remnant files of sound bytes and color palletes. He was a character that was never announced that ultimately never made the final cut. What if these "leaked characters" have the same fate?

Tell Santa Claus I said hi, because until it's confirmed, it's still SPECULATION. I never said I didn't want Ridley in game, there is just 0 evidence that he exists, so get over yourself. There are no facts to validate these claims as of yet. Leaks are never 100% concrete and factual. Developers remove content from their games prior to release all the time. It's nothing new.

Have a nice day ;)

Last edited:

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Just going to put this here:

View attachment 23947

If you look at the places I've marked, we have both confirmed and partially confirmed information.
Shulk was confirmed a bit ago, this leak is older than that.

Bowser Jr is confirmed through video evidence, professionally crafted screenshots, and Nintendo damage-controlling the leaks. Duck Hunt Dog, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are shown through screenshots, and most of the screenshots shown off are identical to picture-of-the-day posts done by Sakurai. And they were submitted before official publishing of his miiverse/smash bros site posts.

There are question marks around the markings of Doc and Pittoo because their details haven't been confirmed yet, but their prescense is already proven.

The 8 palette swaps were confirmed today.

Shulk's trailer indicates the exact same properties that the leak is affirming about his stage and "Monado Modes". It even states that he has 5 modes, which are shown off in the trailer.

Bowser Jr is shown through video that he fights in his Koopa Clown Car, with boxing gloves and cannonballs.

Duck Hunt Dog is proven to be within the roster, and a duck appears next to his character portrait, but further details are not confirmed yet.

And the rest is speculated to be true or not.

But you have to admit, that all of these assertions are quite accurate, especially about a lot of details that weren't shown off prior to the big leak in the first place. Because of that, you might as well call it natural that a lot of people will assume the rest to be true.

That's all I'm going to say. Carry on hyping about the Dark Samus palette, guys. I know I will.
Predicted Shulk's stance-switching, Bowser Jr.'s Playstyle and alternate costumes, Duck Hunt Dog, Dark Pit, Dr. Mario (The longest shot of them all)...yeah, completely and absolutely fake, I think you're blinded by your hatred for characters that deserve a playable appearance.
I think one of us must be mistaken, because that attachment with the leak is not the original Ninka leak, and is in fact someone literally quoting the original Ninka leak while adding in 4 extra characters; Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Men.

Everything that you are saying such as Shulk's and Bowser Jr's playstyle, 8 alternative costumes is part of the original leak.

Ninka posted a little later saying that "I never mentioned anything about ridley mewtwo and dixie" in response to this person adding onto his leak. You can actually see a helpful image detailing all this here;

There's a lot of confusion around, and I think this is getting too malicious for its own good when insults start coming out, but I just want you to know that Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie and Chorus Men are in-fact NOT part of the "Ninka" leak.

Last edited:

GoldHazard

Smash Apprentice
I think one of us must be mistaken, because that attachment with the leak is not the original Ninka leak, and is in fact someone literally quoting the original Ninka leak while adding in 4 extra characters; Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley and Chorus Men.

Everything that you are saying such as Shulk's and Bowser Jr's playstyle, 8 alternative costumes is part of the original leak.

Ninka posted a little later saying that "I never mentioned anything about ridley mewtwo and dixie" in response to this person adding onto his leak. You can actually see a helpful image detailing all this here;

There's a lot of confusion around, and I think this is getting too malicious for its own good when insults start coming out, but I just want you to know that Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie and Chorus Men are in-fact NOT part of the "Ninka" leak.
Thank you.

link2702

Smash Champion
Guys this (thankfully) hurts the koopalings chances. Since Sakurai really wants everyone to be able to play a character at once (i.e. all male villagers or all female villagers) I assume Bowser Jr. will be getting at least four color swaps. I will projectile vomit, if it's a race to see who is allowed to play as Bowser Jr. The koopalings NEED to stay out of Smash Bros.
eww...you support that turd bowser jr but you are against the koopalings?!

what's wrong with you?

D

Deleted member

That's what I wanted. Thanks for confirming a few things for us.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Does this mean we get a black yoshi? PLEASE!? Everything looks so damn cool in black!

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I'm personally hoping they (Male & Female) will get a *Spoiler Alert* Grima alternate. Just add purple smoke and give them evil voice clips and bam.
Hoodie up or no?

I'm also hoping that theres a tan/datk skin option.

ahannoush4

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Drazzle
stoner villager confirmed

also every male character should have a female variation ... not just robin and villager.

Fox -> Krystal
DK -> Candy
Diddy -> Dixey
Marth -> Marth

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm just saying it now.... I really hate the hair on those female villagers; what are they doing? They ain't buckwheat and this ain't little rascals. The look freaking ********, and that hairstyle isn't even in Animal Crossing to my knowledge either.... I was hoping at least one of the alts was gonna be the classic; GC-era Original Animal Crossing look; with the pointy-horned hat and such, but meh....

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
I'm just saying it now.... I really hate the hair on those female villagers; what are they doing? They ain't buckwheat and this ain't little rascals. The look freaking ********, and that hairstyle isn't even in Animal Crossing to my knowledge either.... I was hoping at least one of the alts was gonna be the classic; GC-era Original Animal Crossing look; with the pointy-horned hat and such, but meh....
I wanted the classic pointy hat to be the Kirby hat for villager at first.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum - I will not play Bowser Jr. UNLESS he comes with the Koopalings as his pallete swaps, in which case I will play him all the dang time.

This is an entirely character-biased view on my part - I grew up with an NES, and Super Mario Bros. 3 is my favorite Mario game, and I grew to loathe Baby Bowser/Bowser Jr. as he stole the spotlight from the Koopalings. I've never felt more betrayed by Nintendo when Bowser Jr. took their place as Bowser's only son, as if Bowser suddenly never had seven older children. I don't even know what they're considered anymore, but I'm psyched to see them getting any representation at all these days.

It's interesting to hear a completely opposite perspective on them, so I'm curious (and only asking for sake of friendly conversation), why do you hate the Koopalings?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Now is not the time For insults being tossed around Nor is it time to bicker about what's is right and what is wrong if you really have a dying urge to do that then go ask the People in The Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces Thread Instead now is the time to marvel at this wonderful Game we have in front of out eyes and all of Mr.Sakurai's Hard work and the Smash Team's Hard work as well because We need to accept what's given to us and not moan about it since all of developers put their heart and soul into this project so if you are unhappy about characters or what ever, depending on what you are not satisfied about then simply don't pick that what ever or don't buy the game or if you don't like leaks Stay off the internet I mean its not like Smash Comes out every year it comes out every console generation so we should accept everything that's given and be thankful for it since we know it will be a quality game that we will remember when it comes out for ages and ages ;)

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Now is not the time For insults being tossed around Nor is it time to bicker about what's is right and what is wrong if you really have a dying urge to do that then go ask the People in The Potential Leaked Roster Surfaces Thread Instead now is the time to marvel at this wonderful Game we have in front of out eyes and all of Mr.Sakurai's Hard work and the Smash Team's Hard work as well because We need to accept what's given to us and not moan about it since all of developers put their heart and soul into this project so if you are unhappy about characters or what ever, depending on what you are not satisfied about then simply don't pick that what ever or don't buy the game or if you don't like leaks Stay off the internet I mean its not like Smash Comes out every year it comes out every console generation so we should accept everything that's given and be thankful for it since we know it will be a quality game that we will remember when it comes out for ages and ages ;)
Punctuation.

Also where's my Viking hat for Villager!?!

Dyguren

Smash Journeyman
we kinda knew this already right? maybe not the exact number of skins but we already knew we were getting tons anyways

Top Bottom