• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 29th

Hit

Smash Rookie
looks fun... i'm alway a bit sceptical about transforming stages since it could really interupt an intense battle, but as long as it won't interupt the fight too much, I guess I'm gonna like the stage. It looks fun.
Now I'm just wondering if this is a Wii U stage as well. But i guess they would've shown the wii u version instead...

You meant Pokemon Stadium, right?

Pokéfloats was fighting on top of different pokemon floating by, jumping from one to another to stay in center of the screen.
Yeah my bad. I meant to say Pokemon Stadium. I got confused lol.

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
they're both different links from a different timeline... so even you saw "toon" link from spirit tracks it dosen't rule out "toon" link from wind waker
Well, technically they are different Links from the same timeline, but despite that, they are visually identical and the same character model.

The point is that seeing Toon Link appear as decoration on the stage made us think he might not be playable and be cut in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS because he is a "clone". This was of course false and that may be the case here with Paper Mario stage.

However, many of these stages implied that "so and so character" may be included in the roster. The Rosalina reveal came shortly after the Mario Galaxy stage reveal. Those who doubt about the Boxing Ring being tied to Little Mac were just in denial. There have been several stages that pre-dated a character reveal. Therefore, I do not see this stage deconfirmed Paper Mario in the slightest.
Having Palutena's Temple does not imply Palutena has being playable anymore than Wily's Castle or Tortimer Island imply that Dr Wily or Tortimer are playable. Same goes for Mario Galaxy with respect to Rosalina. Regarding the Boxing Ring, Sakurai deliberated took out all references to the WVBA and Punch-Out!! when he initially revealed this stage to throw us off. For this stage, he flat-out said that this is a Paper Mario stage.

Though, like I said, I think Spirit Tracks is a great counterexample because Toon Link appeared on that stage as decoration early on. Many saw this as deconfirming playable status. Maybe Paper Mario will be a similar situation, where his stage is revealed before his playable status. I doubt it, but I hope my doubts are proven wrong because I enjoy Paper Mario, both the character and the games.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Is this for the 3DS only or will it also be on the Wii U?

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well, technically they are different Links from the same timeline, but despite that, they are visually identical and the same character model.

The point is that seeing Toon Link appear as decoration on the stage made us think he might not be playable and be cut in Super Smash Bros for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS because he is a "clone". This was of course false and that may be the case here with Paper Mario stage.

Having Palutena's Temple does not imply Palutena has being playable anymore than Wily's Castle or Tortimer Island imply that Dr Wily or Tortimer are playable. Same goes for Mario Galaxy with respect to Rosalina. Regarding the Boxing Ring, Sakurai deliberated took out all references to the WVBA and Punch-Out!! when he initially revealed this stage to throw us off. For this stage, he flat-out said that this is a Paper Mario stage.

Though, like I said, I think Spirit Tracks is a great counterexample because Toon Link appeared on that stage as decoration early on. Many saw this as deconfirming playable status. Maybe Paper Mario will be a similar situation, where his stage is revealed before his playable status. I doubt it, but I hope my doubts are proven wrong because I enjoy Paper Mario, both the character and the games.
it wouldn't make since because the toon link in that stage was the great grand son (i think ) also the link we got for smash has stayed from the wind waker so it makes since that way also if they wanna make it interesting they add the link from spirit tracks clothes as an alt for wind waker link for the 3ds

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just hope we still get plenty of Paper Mario music in the Wii U game.

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
It'd be cool if all the characters became paper forms of themselves xD maybe if Mario gets a Papee Mario alt costume. :awesome:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
It'd be cool if all the characters became paper forms of themselves xD maybe if Mario gets a Papee Mario alt costume. :awesome:
i doubt it because that be alot of work evening for the alt maybe a paper like texture but and alt would be slim

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Would have been the perfect time to reveal G&W. Opportunity missed. Though it is possible he could be revealed the next time the stage is featured.

Last edited:

Comet FireClaw

Smash Cadet
looks fun... i'm alway a bit sceptical about transforming stages since it could really interupt an intense battle, but as long as it won't interupt the fight too much, I guess I'm gonna like the stage. It looks fun.
Now I'm just wondering if this is a Wii U stage as well. But i guess they would've shown the wii u version instead...

You meant Pokemon Stadium, right?

Pokéfloats was fighting on top of different pokemon floating by, jumping from one to another to stay in center of the screen.
One day I'll fight on top on sudowoodo once more

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Good point. Spirit Tracks even had Toon Link conducting the train. At the time, his chances to return looked bleak. But Toon Link is a veteran fighter so we always had precedent for his appearance. Like I said, we'll see. I love Paper Mario and could see him as being similar to Mr. Game & Watch.
Remember Rosalina?:awesome:

MattTheGameFreak

Smash Apprentice
The thing I noticed most was, "here's a Paper Mario...". Please note "a", which is not the word "the". Why? "A" does not mean it's the only one, unlike the word "the", which he did not use. ;p ;)

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
The thing I noticed most was, "here's a Paper Mario...". Please note "a", which is not the word "the". Why? "A" does not mean it's the only one, unlike the word "the", which he did not use. ;p ;)
do you really think sakurai is trolling you by saying "a" instead of "the" ?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
Still those stages all hinted at future newcomers so its entirely possible this could hint at Paper Mario joining the Fight he is extremely popular in Japan and Like Toon Link He represents a totally different side to the Mario Franchise

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Still those stages all hinted at future newcomers so its entirely possible this could hint at Paper Mario joining the Fight he is extremely popular in Japan and Like Toon Link He represents a totally different side to the Mario Franchise
i'm disliking the idea of paper mario playable, but i see clearly that it could be announced anyday... It's a big chance that's probably gonna happen since Sakurai likes the idea of having unique characters. And I have to admit that Paper Mario IS unique and could add a lot of fun. But i'll have to get used to the look of it being in smash... Kinda same story when i saw G&W for the first time.

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
Paper Mario deconfirmed? I don't think he would have revealed the stage before the character. Best we can hope for is an alternate costume for Mario but that wouldn't really work given proportional and animation differences. We'll see...Fantastic looking stage though.
I don't think so at all. Remember we got the Mario Galaxy stage before Rosalina? Prism Tower before greninja? If anything Paper Mario has a better chance now.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Paper Mario deconfirmed? I don't think he would have revealed the stage before the character. Best we can hope for is an alternate costume for Mario but that wouldn't really work given proportional and animation differences. We'll see...Fantastic looking stage though.
Arena Ferox for the two FE:A characters (or FE characters in general)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's hoping for a Shy Guy's Toybox section of the Level. o3o

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
I don't think so at all. Remember we got the Mario Galaxy stage before Rosalina? Prism Tower before greninja? If anything Paper Mario has a better chance now.
Arena Ferox for the two FE:A characters (or FE characters in general)
Mario Galaxy is a Mario stage. Prism Tower is a Pokémon stage. Arena Ferox is a Fire Emblem stage. Showing those stages before showing Rosalina, Greninja, or Robin and Lucina, respectively, did not in any way tip off that those specific characters would appear in playable status. By that logic, showing Tortimer Island hints at Tortimer being playable and showing Wily Castle hints at Dr. Wily being playable. Those stages, unlike the Paper Mario stage, are not tied to a single character but rather a franchise with multiple potential characters, including characters that are already represented in the game, such as Mario and Pikachu.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Sweet! I hope the wii u version gets one, possibly based off the original PM and Super PM.

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Aw man! A Sticker Star stage? That's boring, I really wanted a--

*sees Sakurai's comment*

TTYD STAGE YAY! I hope the Wii U version gets a Paper Mario 1 and Super Paper Mario stage.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Not a fan of transformation stages, but still a cool stage nonetheless. I do hope it means something about a Paper Mario rep!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still think Paper Mario should just be a really overhauled alt for Mario rather than his own character, if he's to be playable at all. I've never liked the idea of having the same character take up two roster slots. I give ZSS and Sheik an exception since they are veterans and originally shared a roster spot with their original forms as part of the transformation gimmick. Having two Marios is completely overkill IMO, especially since Mario himself isn't interesting as a character (he wouldn't have any appeal if it weren't for Charles Martinet's wonderful voice, IMO).

I would absolutely love a Paper Mario rep though. Dimentio would be an excellent choice.

Also, have this funny thing:

"Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, here’s a Paper Mario stage!

When Peach is selected as a fighter, Alfonzo takes a shower instead."

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
YES IT'S PAPER MARIO OH GOSH
I mean, it's sticker star, but...
STILL PAPER MARIO
THANK YOU SAKURGUY

In all seriousness though, I'm hoping the Wii U gets a PMTTYD stage: Glitzville, or even better, The Stage on which you fight!

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
YES IT'S PAPER MARIO OH GOSH
I mean, it's sticker star, but...
STILL PAPER MARIO
THANK YOU SAKURGUY

In all seriousness though, I'm hoping the Wii U gets a PMTTYD stage: Glitzville, or even better, The Stage on which you fight!
Rogueport or Creepy Steeple would be cool too. But now we need more Mario RPG goodness! Luigi's Dream World for Smash!

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Very excited for this. Now if only we can get a stage from Super paper mario and the Orginal paper mario that would be amazing.

xzx

Smash Lord
There are so many good music tracks in the Paper Mario franchise, so please select the right ones, Sakurai! And also, add a Paper Mario stage in the Wii U version as well! Have many music tracks too!

If Paper Mario will be a playable character, then he will automatically be my main. Please please PLEASE!!

Gigawattz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1478-3568-2454
I never knew how much I wanted a Paper Mario stage until now, and I can tell this stage will easily become one of my favorites. I would much rather have had the Glitzville Arena to represent TTYD in a stage, but we already have a boxing ring I guess. It seems to be a common trend of both consoles getting stages exclusive to their game, based around the same game series (Palutena's Temple/Reset Bomb Forest). I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U gets a Paper Mario stage as well, because of this.

SuperBoshi

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
JOHN#281
Paper Mario confirmed ... please ? No ? Well the stage will do ! I'm statisfied ! Possibly a TTYD Rougeport or Super Paper Mario Stage ?

Top Bottom