• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 29th

Smashboards

18 years old!
Administrator
Premium
Writing Team
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. For the first time ever in the Super Smash Bros. series, here's a Paper Mario stage! It's made of paper, so strong winds will blow it away."

He also included a second picture saying "Since the stage is paper, it transforms when it folds over and opens up again. This ship is the S.S. Flavion from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door."

MasterLuigi

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2835-8943
No! the new stage is from Sticker Star, the worst game in the Paper Mario series. I guess I can forgive him for also making the S.S. Flavion from Paper Mario: TTYD.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
Thanks Sakurai, I needed to know that stage is made of Paper. Anyways, still happy to see Paper Mario get some love from the Master Troll himself.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Paper Mario TYD instead of Paper Mario ST .... Let's make a party please. Sarcasm , but the ship is enough to convince me so...

Last edited:

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario deconfirmed? I don't think he would have revealed the stage before the character. Best we can hope for is an alternate costume for Mario but that wouldn't really work given proportional and animation differences. We'll see...Fantastic looking stage though.

I hope they go all-out and let the stage be burned, soaked, torn and blown away by fire, water, sword and wind attacks, respectively.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Paper Mario deconfirmed? I don't think he would have revealed the stage before the character. Best we can hope for is an alternate costume for Mario but that wouldn't really work given proportional and animation differences. We'll see...Fantastic looking stage though.
Remember the Spirit Tracks stage?

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
PAPER MARIO! Favorite Mario series FINALLY gets some Smash justice! Wasn't the biggest fan of Sticker Star but TTYD in there makes this the most exciting stage reveal to date for a very big PM fan here!

Finkrat

Smash Rookie
NNID
Finkrat3932
Interesting. I wonder if it will take from Super Paper Mario and the original as well? And will we maybe see a Super Paper Mario or TTYD stage in the Wii U version?

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
Remember the Spirit Tracks stage?
Good point. Spirit Tracks even had Toon Link conducting the train. At the time, his chances to return looked bleak. But Toon Link is a veteran fighter so we always had precedent for his appearance. Like I said, we'll see. I love Paper Mario and could see him as being similar to Mr. Game & Watch.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Hey GUYZ! I WOVE MEEE SUM STICKER STAR! WAY BETTER THAN THAT 1000 year old game called paper gamecube or whatever! Don't hate haters ;)

juddy96

Smash Lord
Good point. Spirit Tracks even had Toon Link conducting the train. At the time, his chances to return looked bleak. But Toon Link is a veteran fighter so we always had precedent for his appearance. Like I said, we'll see. I love Paper Mario and could see him as being similar to Mr. Game & Watch.
Little Mac - Boxing Ring
Palutena - Palutena's Temple
Rosalina - Mario Galaxy

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mario Galaxy - Rosalina and Luma
Boxing Ring - Little Mac
Spirit Tracks - Toon Link
Prism Tower - Greninja
Palutena's Temple - Palutena

There have been many stages revealed prior to a character reveal.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Not sure how I feel about all these transforming/scrolling stages. But whatever, it looks cool enough.

I definitely don't understand why so many people are thinking this will lead to Paper Mario being revealed though.

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
Little Mac - Boxing Ring
Palutena - Palutena's Temple
Rosalina - Mario Galaxy
Palutena's Temple is the Kid Icarus stage for the Wii version, in the same way that Reset Bomb Forest is the Kid Icarus stage for the Nintendo 3DS. That doesn't mean that Viridi is a playable character and was not a clear indication that Palutena is a playable character.

Mario Galaxy is even more clear. It's clearly a Mario stage and was not clearly a "Rosalina Stage" at the time.

He never revealed Boxing Ring as "For the first time, a Punch-Out!! stage." He even threw us off by using a Smash Logo instead of the WVBA logo.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!

New stage!!
Right on, Sakurai, Bud Light, wuzaaa!

Anyway at first I thought it was just the same Mario stage we seen earlier, but now hearig its its a new stage, well we have another awesome Mario stage to play on.

One thing about Brawl was there wasn't many Mario stages to choose from, so they're really going all out this time which is always good.

So if the paige turns, wouldn't this act as a stage hazard similar to Frigate Orpheon's flipping?

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Possibly the only Mario related game I adore aside from everyone's favorite 3D platformers.

I hope to god he's playable.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Palutena's Temple is the Kid Icarus stage for the Wii version, in the same way that Reset Bomb Forest is the Kid Icarus stage for the Nintendo 3DS. That doesn't mean that Viridi is a playable character and was not a clear indication that Palutena is a playable character.

Mario Galaxy is even more clear. It's clearly a Mario stage and was not clearly a "Rosalina Stage" at the time.

He never revealed Boxing Ring as "For the first time, a Punch-Out!! stage." He even threw us off by using a Smash Logo instead of the WVBA logo.
However, many of these stages implied that "so and so character" may be included in the roster. The Rosalina reveal came shortly after the Mario Galaxy stage reveal. Those who doubt about the Boxing Ring being tied to Little Mac were just in denial. There have been several stages that pre-dated a character reveal. Therefore, I do not see this stage deconfirmed Paper Mario in the slightest.

I am loving all of these stages. Paper Mario was long overdo for some major representation. I never supported Paper Mario, mostly due to me being unfamiliar with the series, but I always enjoyed the idea of his inclusion. With this, his inclusion may be a bit more brighter though I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited:

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
[Analyzing...]
[Paper Mario confidence boosted by 999% percent..]

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Warning Received
but in all it's a nice new stage to see it be cool if
was next playable character but in all oh well at least and alt

Last edited by a moderator:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
The only way this stage could get flatter is if you play the Final Destination mode.

But seriously though, despite most of this being from Sticker Star, this stage looks very, very fun. And as Conan said, "a WIlly Wonka nightmare".

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
These stages look gorgeous, can't wait to play them!

Just when I thought that I couldn't possibly want anyone other than King K. Rool or Krystal to represent Smash 4 Sakurai comes out of left field and presents Paper Mario as hope. The original and TTYD are some of my absolute favorite games in Nintendo history, will be beyond hyped if Paper Mario is included as a character.

Last edited:

Toledo Jones

Smash Cadet
I'm so excited about this stage! I've loved Paper Mario since day 1, & have been waiting for a PM stage since Melee. I'm so glad it finally happened! I hope the stage has other areas to fight, preferably at least 1 area from each PM game.

also, Flavio's ship is cool & all, but Glitzville would've been a better area to use for TTYD imo

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
they're both different links from a different timeline... so even you saw "toon" link from spirit tracks it dosen't rule out "toon" link from wind waker

Last edited:

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
In the words of Admiral Bobbery “Oh, by Blabberton's beard!”
ahem that's how i feel about this stage excited and surprised​

Hit

Smash Rookie
This seems like one of the more fun stages. It reminds me of Pokemon Stadium.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
looks fun... i'm alway a bit sceptical about transforming stages since it could really interupt an intense battle, but as long as it won't interupt the fight too much, I guess I'm gonna like the stage. It looks fun.
Now I'm just wondering if this is a Wii U stage as well. But i guess they would've shown the wii u version instead...

This seems like one of the more fun stages. It reminds me of Pokefloats.
You meant Pokemon Stadium, right?

Pokéfloats was fighting on top of different pokemon floating by, jumping from one to another to stay in center of the screen.

Last edited:

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
Takamaru Assist Trophy? Paper Mario Stage? Is this weak going somewhere??...

Top Bottom