• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 29th

jigglover

Smash Lord
Boxing ring was shown off first, Little mac confirmed later on. Mario galaxy stage shown first, Rosalina confirmed later on.

BUT if sakurai were to hint at Paper Mario being a playable character, he would of just teased about this stage and not call it by its franchise name. He could of questioned about the paper environment and leave out the paper mario stage bit. Keep in mind guys, the Boxing Ring was never mentioned as A Punch Out Stage. It was hinted to be Little macs stage since he is a boxer and his games take place in a boxing arena (and in NY while your in a pink training outfit).
Little Mac was incredibly popular leading up to smash 4, so it made sense to show Mac's stage first - just as a little nod to the series. Paper Mario isn't on the same level as that lol.

Mario Galaxy could have easily just been Mario's stage, as it was the first one shown off IIRC. Who here actually went "Wow Mario Galaxy stage Rosalina confirmed!"? No one, because having Galaxy as a Mario stage made sense for the characters of Mario and Rosalina.

Paper Mario stage is just blatantly from the Paper Mario series. I can't see a character coming from this.

CrimsonYoshi

Smash Apprentice
I can understand why people enjoy the second 2, just not as the best paper mario games. The problem I have with them is they basically shafted any chance (mainly sticker star) of getting a true successor...
When I got them, I was able to enjoy them, but not to the same extent and not for as long.

alanswindoll

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry that makes no sense what so ever. Willy Castle was for mega man, tortimer island was for villager. Each new character so far has gotten their own stage on both versions of SSB4 (why do you think they bothered porting boxing ring and willy castle to 3ds?). I'm not saying "PAPER MARIO CONFIRMED" but this in no way hurts his chances.
Do you know what reductio ad absurdum is? By the logic of saying Palutena's Temple confirmed Palutena as a playable character, it would be equally illogical to say that revealing Tortimer Island confirms Tortimer as a playable character. Tortimer Island is clearly an Animal Crossing stage, Palutena's Temple is clearly a Kid Icarus stage and Mario Galaxy is clearly a Mario stage, not Tortimer, Palutena, and Rosalina stages, respectively.

SmashingObjection

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leviathan
3DS FC
1521-5713-8600
Do you know what reductio ad absurdum is? By the logic of saying Palutena's Temple confirmed Palutena as a playable character
Apparently I said this confirms Paper Mario when actually I have said from the start that this does not hurt his chances. Reading is fun

Top Bottom