• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 28th

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Despite my own disappointment, I'm pretty happy that so many people are in the same boat, are already optimistic about his future, and that there's few people who are trying to stick a finger in our eye over this ala Chrom.
On the bright side; Takamaru's AT status will make him less obscure. Maybe some kind dev will even take pity on him if he turns out to be popular and give him a game in the future.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On the bright side; Takamaru's AT status will make him less obscure. Maybe some kind dev will even take pity on him if he turns out to be popular and give him a game in the future.
Several have already expressed interest in reviving the franchise with Kamiya being the most notable. This along with all the cameos since Brawl and his debut game finally going international, I do think the character has a future ahead of him.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Well this sucks. I thought Taka really stood a chance. I'm starting to think Sakurai considers Little Mac our retro rep...

Raykushi

Smash Cadet
Wow Sakurai, way to be unique. Now we got TWO Samurai ATs.

Would it hurt to include one of them playable, and make one of the redundant F.E. members an AT instead? Or not, let's add Roy now, shall we?
The only FE character that can be seen as redundant is Lucina, and her inclusion in the game was a very unique exception.

DANICK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0619-4467-3811
Hey sakurai, Mother make 25 years in this saturday, where the hell is Ness and Lucas?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wow Sakurai, way to be unique. Now we got TWO Samurai ATs.
At least Takamaru isn't going to be running around swinging his sword wildly and laughing like a deranged French chef like Goroh does. For the longest time I was concerned that Takamaru was going to get a cliche samurai slash like Lyn but at least they gave a nod to his other weaponry to counter the "hurr durr boring swordsmen" argument his detractors often used.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't bother me as much anymore, now realizing how awesome it is for him to even be acknowleged in Smash Bros. Forget Smash 5, Takamura will have a bright future ahead and the world will finally know who's the real Great Sakurai Samurai !

It's all about taking those baby steps

Last edited:

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Clearly Sakurai is in league with George R.R. Martin
That Rowling b****! Why does she enjoy killing all the characters we love and grew to care about and leave alive those cardboard cut-outs she calls "protagonists" and leave that daughter of devil of Umbrige alive!!!!! Ugh......back to the topic, I don't see the comparison of Sakurai to Martin.

Neaphous

Smash Rookie
I swear, Sakurai gains more and more power the more people he dissapoints. XD

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
Didn't Pit get two games prior to Brawl...and both were released outside Japan? Albeit one didn't get released in Japan...

Comparatively he had more going for him. Not much more, but still more than the samurai.
It was just Kid Icarus and then Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters. After that, all he had were cameos for over 21 years before finally appearing in Smash Bros.

Takamaru is pretty much in the exact same boat Pit used to be in, though Takamaru's cameos were much more recent than Pit's.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
And still we got :pit:
Actually Pit had three games back in the old days, only two of which were localized in the west. Even so, his first game was the most popular of the three. Not to mention that samurai was hoping to revitalize pit as a retro character before releasing kid icarus:uprising. Perhaps of SSB4 is released we will see a new takamaru game and then he will become a playable character in the next SSB.
Why not have him be 'little maced'?

Last edited:

ZanZero

Smash Apprentice
Okay, can I just say that some of you people are being stupid?
Sakurai was not trying to troll with this.
Honestly Sakurai doesn't ever intentionally **** with us like that.
Besides that one time with Zero Suit.
When you saw this you seriously thought Takamaru was playable?
Without a reveal trailer?
When did he ever lead us on that Takamaru would be playable?
I'm getting sick and tired of all these goddamned people drolling on themselves as they scream "TROLL! WHAT A ****ING TROLL!" at every little thing that sakurai does.
**** yourselves. Seriously.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
I havent even played his game but I can already telll he wouldve been leagues better as a playable character than easy mode Marth or water ninja Mewtwo
Greninja is nothing like Mewtwo lmao. And while we're at it, Lucario isn't either. The only similarities between them are their neutral specials, just because they're chargeable spheres (save for Greninja's), every other move they have and how they work, as well as their stats, strengths and weaknesses are completely different.
smh

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Maybe this means Sheriff has a chance! I personally think he is a better choice for a classic revival character, but I would have been happy with Takamaru too.
I would replace G&W with him, Honest.

TopTierPichu

Smash Ace
looks like sakurai announced an AT that people wanted to be playable. . . LOOKS LIKE SAKURAI WAS TROLLING AGAIN her duur bandwagons are fun lel

DemoPvP

Smash Rookie
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I was ABOUT to post "YEEESS! I KNEW IT THANK YOU SAKURAI!" when I read the caption. :cry: I wanted him so much!

Takamaru has shuriken, fire powers, invisibility, bombs, those multidirectional pinwheel knife hooks in the pic and other stuff. He could be something VERY different from a normal swordfighter.
Yeah. A something different like what other character that's already been released?

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Crusher of dreams Sakurai. Bah. I'm sorry to all those Takamaru fans. He would've been a cool addition.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Well this sucks. I thought Taka really stood a chance. I'm starting to think Sakurai considers Little Mac our retro rep...
And that's a problem because...?

I'm really starting to question what everyone's definition of "retro" is. Seeing a lot of... unorthodox opinions on the subject in this thread.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
can someone actually explain to me why this guy should had been a playable?

Top Bottom