• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - July 28th

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
RIP in Peace, Takamaru fans.

Now we can await the arrival of the true retro representative, Mike Jones.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Saw something on Miiverse saying there might be a reveal tomorrow because of today's AT. Probably not, though. If there is, I hope it's a proper reveal for Mr. Game & Watch.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
At least his fate is better than another swordsman I know.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Wow Sakurai, way to be unique. Now we got TWO Samurai ATs.

Would it hurt to include one of them playable, and make one of the redundant F.E. members an AT instead? Or not, let's add Roy now, shall we?

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
Really? Did people really wanted this guy as a playable? It's just another swordfighter... yeahyeah, samurai, whtvr... still the same to me. I'm not a fan of swords that would normally just slice you in half when hit, but the amount of swords already in smash is too damn high.

Let him just be an assist, i'm satisfied ^^

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Really? Did people really wanted this guy as a playable? It's just another swordfighter... yeahyeah, samurai, whtvr... still the same to me. I'm not a fan of swords that would normally just slice you in half when hit, but the amount of swords already in smash is too damn high.

Let him just be an assist, i'm satisfied ^^
So, you don't know what you're talking about.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I understand the dissapointing reaction,but we have to realize that Takamaru would have been another generic sword fighter with a copy and pasted moveset from one of the other fire emblem characters,the reason why chrom was scrapped in favor of robin despite the huge demand.
The Fire Emblem characters fight like fencers, Samurai-style would've been unique. But seriously, Sakurai...not cool...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I WANTED HIM PLAYABLE!!! "Cry in the corner"

But, We still have him, Takamru is there as Assist Trophy. At least I can see in smash bros kicking butt. He got the moves potential to be a unique swordfighter, more than Lucina or even Shulk.

I hope it get Little Mac same treatment in Smash 5.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
R.I.P. Takamaru

Well, first off, I never really saw Takamaru getting in anyway. I always thought that there were simply too many characters that deserved to be in more than him (K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc).

I just didn't really feel that he could bring anything new to the table. Greninja and Mii Swordfighter already have a lot of Samurai elements in their movesets, and adding Takamaru on top of that would just seem a bit boring in my eyes.

And personally, I don't really think this Smash game needs a retro character. There are too many modern characters they need to focus on now. There's not really any one big left to revive, and after all the really popular charcters (like above, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc.) get in, there won't be much space on the roster.

But if Sakurai can get in all the big ones, and still manage to squeeze in a worthy retro character, I'm game.

And all you Takamaru supporters.
:4myfriends: "You get no sympathy from me."

Last edited:

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
At least they pulled the band-aid off. I didn't think he even had a chance til this weekend

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys, guys, don't be upset. It's just Sakurai expressing his true feelings to you, what he thinks of character inclusion not to mention ruining your hopes and dreams :troll:

D

Deleted member

Sakurai: "So hey, you know that leak?"
Fans: "Yes Sakurai!?"
Sakurai: "Here's a pic of the day to disprove it! Have fun kids!"

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OUCH, that has to hurt the poor Takamaru fans. :<

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
So, you don't know what you're talking about.
I think I just said that I don't like another swordfighter in smash. As an assist he's fine, but not as a playable. I'm not that into weapon's. A sword would normally cut you in two, right? So yeah, since there's no blood or bruises or whatsoever in smash, it just looks stupid. Now i'm at peace with the amount of swordfighters in there but they don't really live up to a credible story... Not that the whole smash scene looks credible, but yeah, just weapons, that was my point... anyways, I do know what I'm talking about. ^^ don't worry, let's just say it's a matter of taste.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Honestly, I knew nothing about Takamaru until I started hearing about him through all the Smash 4 hype. The interest I saw on these forums made me curious to learn more about him, and just like Marth and Ness before him, I was sort of looking forward to a 'new' character I didn't know who would help introduce me to their series.

Still, I'm happy the guy at least gets an AT - and a beautiful looking one, at that. For me, it serves the same purpose - my interest is still piqued, I want to know more about Takamaru so I can get hyped for him next time around.

Last edited:

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
I think I just said that I don't like another swordfighter in smash. As an assist he's fine, but not as a playable. I'm not that into weapon's. A sword would normally cut you in two, right? So yeah, since there's no blood or bruises or whatsoever in smash, it just looks stupid. Now i'm at peace with the amount of swordfighters in there but they don't really live up to a credible story... Not that the whole smash scene looks credible, but yeah, just weapons, that was my point... anyways, I do know what I'm talking about. ^^ don't worry, let's just say it's a matter of taste.
He has more than swords...

RadiantRebel

Smash Rookie
NNID
Exline2009
Masuhiro 'Hope Smasher' Sakurai
Masahiro "Dream Smasher" Sakurai.

Anyways I was looking forward to this addition.

I still got my fingers crossed for Ray MK, Bowser Jr., and Marshall.

Bowser and Bowser Jr. VS. Donkey Kong and Diddy! Please tell me how epic it would be for this to happen!?

Reoyoshi8

Smash Apprentice
I don't mind, this guy hasn't even seen a new game in years and was a Japanese exclusive for the most part.
Maybe he'll get the Little Mac treatment, show up in a new game of his own and strengten his chance for the next Smash.

proxibomb

Smash Clown
Did any of you guys really expect Takamaru to make it in!? I hope you're all joking, he's only had one game (besides his cameo appearance in Captain Rainbow) and that was in 1986.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Did any of you guys really expect Takamaru to make it in!? I hope you're all joking, he's only had one game (besides his cameo appearance in Captain Rainbow) and that was in 1986.
So did Ice Climbers. Their last (and only) game was in 1985. Its been re-released a lot, but so has Takamaru's game.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wow Sakurai, way to be unique. Now we got TWO Samurai ATs.

Would it hurt to include one of them playable, and make one of the redundant F.E. members an AT instead? Or not, let's add Roy now, shall we?
None of the FE characters are redundant except Roy.

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Why are people calling troll? Its not like he was teased or made fun of, he was straight up confirmed as an assist trophy..

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
I thought he would have had a decent chance of getting in as playable considering the game is being created by Japanese developers and he is a Japanese samurai. Always thought it a little strange they had so many Western styles of swordsmanship in Smash, though Smash with out Link or Marth just wouldn't happen given they popularity of Fire Emblem and The Legend of Zelda.

I'm personally not mad. I'm sorry if anyone wanted Takamaru in. If it's any consolation I thought he would have been a great addition. But at least you can pick up an assist trophy and have him help you fight. It's something, right?

None of the FE characters are redundant except Roy.
Lucina...?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Why are people calling troll? Its not like he was teased or made fun of, he was straight up confirmed as an assist trophy..
He's a bit trolly in the way he said it, but I agree, its not truly being a "troll" by dropping hints at a character and disconfirming said character months and months later. When he disconfirms characters, he outright disconfirms them, and if its ambiguous as to what their role is, he comes out and explains it shortly afterwards. (Unlike a certain purple space dragon... :p)

Top Bottom