• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 13th

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
well to be fair many thought toon link was cut because he was conducting the spirit train. They could do something similar for when you play as ridley he simply doesn't appear as a stage boss. Also as i have mentioned to people before just because he said other boss characters appear and decided to show ridley's silhouette doesn't mean he is a boss. He could've easily been using his final smash as a way to troll us into thinking he isn't playable.

Granted whether ridley makes it into smash 4 or not won't make or break smash 4 for me but we are in need of more villain reps. outside of bowser, ganon, and wolf we don't really have too may villains. I mean you could count D3 but he kind of plays the silly troll villain who just is greedy and MK just wants to fight kirby.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
For all we know Pyrosphere or Ridley himself may not have been finished or been buggy. There's plenty of things Sakurai sees more fit to do daily pics of than a ridiclulously overrated stage boss.

Also why are we even talking about this here
You started it mate and even if it was buggy why would he show the shadow at all
If there is so much evidence in his favor why don't you present a little? There is NO EVIDENCE that ties to Ridley being playable. And btw let's take this to a pm.
Go to the ridley thread for a few minutes and there you go

Last edited:

ManInTransit

Smash Rookie
NNID
ManInTransit
3DS FC
1203-9234-1405
Well, at least Sakurai decided not to troll for the day. But there's always tomorrow...

GTZ

Smash Ace
NNID
Arctic-Cat
He'll probably be as nerfed as sheik/c.falcon was from Melee to Brawl. I am still waiting for my hopeful newcomer, but Lord only knows is Sakurai was smart enough to add him.

Regardless, assuming the game is more balanced than brawl (which isn't setting the bar very high IMO) I would love to see nubs using meta getting wiped by marios and megamans. lol

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
well I'm no fan of Meta Knight, but I'm all for more characters. I love having lots of options to choose from. Who knows? Maybe this time Meta Knight will be playable and not broken entirely.

Peregrine777

Smash Rookie
"Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!"
Meta Knight deconfirmed Mii Fighters!

link2702

Smash Champion
now the million dollar question is...

how hard did he get nerfed?

or did nintendo even pay attention at all? kind of hard when we haven't seen anything in action yet, just a bunch of screenshots....

Although we know the new ledge mechanics will probably make planking with him less effective, he still had several other issues that made him so deadly.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
I sure hope a mii shows up wearing Ness's cap

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well I'm sure MK will get the nerf-hammer just like Olimar and Marth did (and hopefully Diddy).

I'm looking forward to a Kirby+MK+Jigglypuff+Pacman FFA. The battle of the puffballs.:D

Senario

Smash Ace
As a melee player fox had nothing on how overpowered meta knight was. It was obscene. Hope he is nerfed to the ground

JPW

Smash Ace
I think you just really hate ridley don't you, there's too much going for him being playable
Sakurai doesn't care about who's broken and such. Or whatever rules tournament people play. If he did he wouldn't include tripping in Brawl lol.

And like hoe's going to cut a creation of his.

I never doubted Marth for a second-1st FE lord you know, if anything i doubted Ike's chances as the date got closer. I felt Chrom would get one over on him. I secretly wanted Lucina and Robin over Chrom though. Thank you Sakurai. And I enjoy Ike as a Protagonist moreso. so glad it's the 4 FE characters i wanted

Back on topic. Glad to see Metaknight is back.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Well, chances are that SSB4 will get rid of Meta Knight's reputation as the toughest character in every game he's been in. At least I can still play as my favorite Nintendo character in SSB4. Looking forward to playing SSB4! :4metaknight:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Don't worry guys! I'm sure 90% of smashers will still be playing him in Smash4 even when he is super nerfed because they just really like how technical the guy is right?
Your avatar made this post much funnier.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Well I'm sure MK will get the nerf-hammer just like Olimar and Marth did (and hopefully Diddy).

I'm looking forward to a Kirby+MK+Jigglypuff+Pacman FFA. The battle of the puffballs.:D
Diddy is actually getting buffed overall, he has far better reach than he had in Brawl and his Popgun now has a hitbox after it's explosion (and it's very powerful), his recovery has some slight changes and it seems to be better than it was in Brawl and it's looking he'll still have most of his stuff from Brawl intact (his bananas will still be a major factor in his playstyle).
As a melee player Fox had nothing on how overpowered Meta Knight was. It was obscene. Hope he is nerfed to the ground
50/50% he'll get either nerfed or rebalanced altogether like Pit did recently to make up for the loss of his glide which was one of the many reasons Meta Knight was broken he had the strongest glide attack in Brawl and the fact that he almost had no landing lag in any of his moves (since the only change they showed in his reveal was his Up B no longer putting him in glide mode and it strikes twice (a clear sign he's getting rebalanced (if his Final Smash is stronger than it was in Brawl, he'll probably get some nerfs (probably make his ground attacks slower and most of not all of his aerials have a bit of landing lag).

Yet Charizard (who'd the other 1 that glides) hasn't had anything going for him since his reveal, aside from a new F-air (ripping off Bowser's old F-air from the past 2 Smash games, although it makes more sense for Charizard to have it, since his arms are a bit skinnier and more mobile than Bowser's are), new Side B (now gives him recoil damage like it does in the Pokémon games, that's going to hurt him in the long run in the actual battle, although I'll imagine it'll be great as a KO move in general), old Side B now his Down B (going to feel weird seeing Rock Smash as his Down B, that'll throw off some Charizard vets a little bit) and a new Final Smash (Mega Charizard X).

Last edited:

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

Diddy is actually getting buffed overall, he has far better reach than he had in Brawl and his Popgun now has a hitbox after it's explosion (and it's very powerful), his recovery has some slight changes and it seems to be better than it was in Brawl and it's looking he'll still have most of his stuff from Brawl intact (his bananas will still be a major factor in his playstyle).

50/50% he'll get either nerfed or rebalanced altogether like Pit did recently to make up for the loss of his glide which was one of the many reasons Meta Knight was broken he had the strongest glide attack in Brawl and the fact that he almost had no landing lag in any of his moves (since the only change they showed in his reveal was his Up B no longer putting him in glide mode and it strikes twice (a clear sign he's getting rebalanced (if his Final Smash is stronger than it was in Brawl, he'll probably get some nerfs (probably make his ground attacks slower and most of not all of his aerials have a bit of landing lag).

Yet Charizard (who'd the other 1 that glides) hasn't had anything going for him since his reveal, aside from a new F-air (ripping off Bowser's old F-air from the past 2 Smash games, although it makes more sense for Charizard to have it, since his arms are a bit skinnier and more mobile than Bowser's are), new Side B (now gives him recoil damage like it does in the Pokémon games, that's going to hurt him in the long run in the actual battle, although I'll imagine it'll be great as a KO move in general), old Side B now his Down B (going to feel weird seeing Rock Smash as his Down B, that'll throw off some Charizard vets a little bit) and a new Final Smash (Mega Charizard X).
I hope they aren't balancing characters around final smashes.

Solbliminal

Smash Champion
NNID
Solbliminal
The funniest part of this reveal to me is how it somehow ran into the release date of Elesis' Dark Knight Class. Sakurai confirmed Elsword Fan:

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I hope they aren't balancing characters around final smashes.
Link & Sonic are pretty good examples, they were pretty bad competitively in Brawl (well maybe except for Sonic, since he's near the Mid-tier section), Link's movements and moves overall were pretty sluggish (and therefore hard to set up combos with him along with a very bad recovery hindering him even more), yet he has one of the strongest Final Smashes in the game (right up there with Ike's Final Smash) to make up for it (now Link is overall better and faster and has his old recovery back from Melee, yet his Final Smash got nerfed badly (deals half the damage that Brawl's did).

Sonic's moves didn't have a lot of hitting power (most of them all set up his combos which is very good despite not having the attacking speed the Blue Blur is known for) and only had 1 KO move (being his B-air), yet Super Sonic was one of the cheapest if not the cheapest Final Smash in Brawl (mostly because on how fast he can get KOs, due to the fact they didn't have time to properly balance his Super Form), now Sonic has a balanced moveset with loads of KO options (including turning his D-air into a Meteor Smash and even better combo potential than in Brawl and his attack speed seems to be overall faster), yet like Link's Final Smash, Super Sonic was badly nerfed by decreasing his power a lot (still a powerful Final Smash overall, just won't guaranteed multiple KOs like he did in Brawl).

Meta Knight had by far the worst Final Smash in Brawl (had almost no KO potential and it was very weak made even worse if you managed to trap 3 people with the move, since the knockback will most likely prevent the move from getting KOs), yet he was the most OP'ed character in Brawl, that he didn't even need a Final Smash to begin with, although it acts as a great finisher if your opponent has suffered a massive amounts of damage (now if his FS got buffed then it's a sign they might make a massive nerf to him, or they could rebalanced him like they did with Pit.)

Last edited:

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Today marks an important milestone!
In exactly one month the game will be released in Japan!
In exactly 50 days we'll get it here!

Metaknight is the perfect way to celebrate. Thanks Sakurai!

Green_Pikmin*

Smash Journeyman
DAT AINT FALCO, lol just kidding.....Bring on Kirbys Rival Metal Night! Created by the all mighty Mashpotato Samurai!!

Top Bottom