• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 13th

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So the site went down because a veteran got announced that pretty much everyone expected was in?

Goddammit, Crashboards. >_<

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Blah blah blah yeah metaknight is cool, but where are :ganondorf::popo::falco::gw::lucas::ness2::snake::rob::wario::wolf:?! I hope this means that we will get a stampede of character reveals over the next 31 days before its released in japan!

CrossbowPig

Smash Cadet
NNID
CrossbowPig
3DS FC
2621-2883-4274
Oh boy. Welcome back, only banned character in brawl. We ALL wanted you. (sarcasm)

In all honesty, I'm sorta happy he's back, but I'll only be happy if he's nerfed significantly.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Mii's will be SSS-tier. Everyone else will be strictly worse than their Miiequivalents.

It's a-mii, a Miirio!

Can't wait to play as Miitaknight. And Miirf!

Last edited:

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
Oh boy. Welcome back, only banned character in brawl. We ALL wanted you. (sarcasm)

In all honesty, I'm sorta happy he's back, but I'll only be happy if he's nerfed significantly.
Meta Knight was never actually banned by competitive rulesets. In interviews, Sakurai stated he had no part in balancing Brawl, and that characters like MK would be balanced in Smash 4. Note that (from what I remember reading) he specifically mentioned Meta Knight. Shuttle Loop, and his endless recovery, according to this post, have already been neutered severely, so I don't think there's much to worry about.

TheLegendaryKRB

Smash Apprentice
If Jigglypuff gets confirmed, I can have my sphere royale: Kirby vs. Meta Knight vs. Pac-Man vs. Jigglypuff

D

Deleted member

As a melee player fox had nothing on how overpowered meta knight was. It was obscene. Hope he is nerfed to the ground
Really? because Meta Knight was a low tier character in brawl I think he needs to be buff up. :troll:

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
It's hilarious that people don't think Meta Knight can be in without being overpowered :laugh:
It's like they think he was ported from Brawl and then worked on

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
I hope he is good in this game! No idea why people keep on saying he should be "nerfed". Everyone is getting powered up, so why can't he be powered up also?

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I hope he is good in this game! No idea why people keep on saying he should be "nerfed". Everyone is getting powered up, so why can't he be powered up also?
He was so ridiculously broken in brawl, why on earth would he need ANY powering up?!

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
He was so ridiculously broken in brawl, why on earth would he need ANY powering up?!
Just make him less spammable, Spamming is for people who don't know how to play properly. But I'm glad that his shuttle loop is bigger.

joomragre

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage. They just add an entire row once the old one runs out.
Yea but hopefully it means we get at least 45 fighters, personally im hoping we get 49 just because it sounds right

pants name guy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5386-7849-1985
You obviously don't know a whole lot about the competitive Brawl scene. I do hope he remains high tier, but when a character has transcendent disjointed hitboxes and almost nonexistent lag on almost every single attack coupled with six jumps and near endless recovery, it's obvious the character is "broken." You attribute it to "spaminess" in another comment, but when you watch people like Mew2king or Nairo play this just sounds silly. That said, shuttle loop seems to have undergone a sizeable nerf already with the loss of its glide. He needs a few more tweaks, but a buff at this point is just unjustifiable.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
That's awesome how he's back in his full-flected HD form. I'd bet competitive players are hoping that he isn't broken as absolute f**k in the next game.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Great! Finally a (veteran) character reveal!

Glad to see MetaKnight (next is Ganondorf, maybe)

And I hope that they really can balance the characters...

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
Regardless of nerfs, the tornado is still upon us.

It's seriously gonna hit us. Hard.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
On the one hand, I want some other vet (Ganondorf) revealed soon, but on the other hand, I am very curious to hear about other changes that Meta Knight has received... Oh so torn.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
The one thing that stands out the most about this Meta Knight reveal is just how darn similar those wings look to Ridley's. It's very odd to me, they just look so similar, as if it was done on purpose.

Top Bottom