• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 13th

Gigawattz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1478-3568-2454
I just woke up to seeing this, and it surprised the crap out of me.

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!"

At least meta Knight is getting a nerf! #Sakurai listens!​

Sababu

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sababu1
Guys, now that Shuttle Loop works differently he can no longer jump to near the bottom of the edge of Final Destination and use Shuttle Loop to both KO his opponent and land safely back onstage.

That was one of the most common tactics and it's been taken away now. Sakurai is indirectly showing a nerf, which is good news (but I hope they don't overnerf him to oblivion :( )
Like they did to kirby in Melee and Fox/Marth in Smash 4

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Meh... I don't care about Meta Knight returning...although it looks like I found myself another punching bag to use.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
YEAH! HE'S BACK! The king of sword badassery! The one and only Meta Knight, let the salt flow from the Brawl haters' tears as they fail to realize he's not going to be broken because of this game's focus on balance!

But seriously, MK's my favorite Kirby character, it's good to see him returning, and that badass render!

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Please don't make him bad please don't make him bad...he needs tweaks, not a massive nerfhammer to the face.

Demie Duken

Smash Cadet
NNID
DemieDuken
3DS FC
3136-7415-2711
If not for the gauntlets, I would've thought the screenshot was pulled RIGHT from Brawl. And I initially thought that, too...

Ah well, it's better than nothing.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
MY GOD!
IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
I am happy now.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
That's it

It's over

Awesome update though.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Why did they reveal him for wednesday? Could they be saving ganondorf for friday with the hyrule warriors launch?

Also I don't think we have to worry about him being broken, he's already got a recovery nerf, who knows what else?

Last edited:

Sol0ke

Smash Ace
Looks like the nerfing begins.

But seriously, I jumped with joy when he was announced. I'm glad that one of my favorites came back.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
The salt online from his reveal is gonna cause global high blood pressure.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Am I the only one loving the metal look on his mask and gloves? It's such a minor detail, but it makes him look that much better. Also, more villains!

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Yes!
Now i am curious how strong he has been nerfed.
Maybe not at all. :troll:

Last edited:

BigShad

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0602-6501-8253
Sakurai forgot a post. Don't worry, my dad works for Nintendo, so I should know. It reads:

"Also, many fans have liked his speed and power from Brawl, so I have decided to make it even beter! I am doubling his speed of attacks, and his Neutral-B, the Tornado Slash, is now made even longer!"

AranOcean

Smash Ace
NNID
AranOcean
3DS FC
1220-8584-3874
Oh boy... Little Mac fans are crying themselves to sleep right now...

Honestly this confirms that the glide mechanic was cut specifically for Meta Knight. Let's be real, Pit and Charizard benefited from it, but MK abused the crap out of it. Plus the glide attack was super strong, so MK really had two attacks in his Up+B. This alone means MK (hopefully) won't be as good as he was in Brawl.

Also, he can't ledge stall anymore, given the new ledge mechanic and all. I'm super interested to see what other fixes he was given to make him more fair.

(Oh my lawd Axew, Garchomp, Hydreigon, and Dragonite in the background?! What does this mean?!)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Ugh, not another Blue Haired Sword Wielder.

Just Kidding, The True Dark Night Returns!
I think this may or may not have been a bit of a reference to Brawl's SSE where he teams up with ike and Marth for a considerable amount of the story line. ;)

As for his reveal in general... the responses to the reveal are better than the reveal itself.

That's coming from a LT player. :D

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Mashiro Sakurai said:
"Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!" .
Meta Knight just murdered a dang mii, and Sakurai is trying to hide the truth with "imagination".

Top Bottom