• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash WiiU & 3DS Miiverse Daily Pic - August 13th

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
hey at least pm showed that he can be nerfed, and also the glide mechanic is now gone, and balance does seem to have a very heavy this time. So maybe he wont be broken. Maybe
I argue he's still one of the best characters in PM. His nerfs weren't very significant in the long run and the buffs he gained (particularly his new back aerial and down aerial) give him potential in ways that even Brawl didn't provide him with.

I don't think he'll be broken, I'm just incredibly upset that he's in the game lol. Flamebaiting, I know.
What about the kirby games?
Yes even those.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Guys, now that Shuttle Loop works differently he can no longer jump to near the bottom of the edge of Final Destination and use Shuttle Loop to both KO his opponent and land safely back onstage.

That was one of the most common tactics and it's been taken away now. Sakurai is indirectly showing a nerf, which is good news (but I hope they don't overnerf him to oblivion :( )

Petrichor

Smash Apprentice
IS it just me, or did Metaknigh also just confirm axew as a Pokeball pokemon? :)
It's possible, but Hydreigon and Garchomp are also visible in that screenshot, and by the looks of things it take place in the Kalos Pokemon League. If I had to guess I'd say that Pokemon of the Elite 4's types will appear in their respective chamber as either decoration or hazards. That's still pretty cool.

Imber

Smash Cadet
I hope they do to meta knight what they did to kirby in melee.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
I argue he's still one of the best characters in PM. His nerfs weren't very significant in the long run and the buffs he gained (particularly his new back aerial and down aerial) give him potential in ways that even Brawl didn't provide him with.

I don't think he'll be broken, I'm just incredibly upset that he's in the game lol. Flamebaiting, I know.

Yes even those.
well can't argue that i guess.

D

Deleted member

Yes even those.[/quote]

Ok I can understand Why you don't like super smash bros meta knight
but why don't you like kirby games Meta knight?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
I can feel the Little Mac Mains working the Salt Mines already............................................

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Super Smash Bros. for WiiU & 3DS director Masahiro Sakurai said: "Pic of the day. "Looks like there was an impostor in the earlier posts, so I introduced him to my sword!" ...I'll leave it up to your imagination if he really said that or not. The veteran hero, Meta Knight, returns to battle!! We didn't forget the Battleship Halberd either!!"

He also included a second picture saying "Meta Knight's Up Special Move, Shuttle Loop, changed quite a bit in this game. The glide is gone, and the attack slashes opponents twice while spinning in a large loop. This has turned into a highly technical and effective move."

SSS Tier confirmed.

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Did anyone else notice on the official site, there are now 45 character slots?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
WHY WAS GAME AND WATCH NOT ANNOUNCED!

Last edited:

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
He can't plank Uairs or Glide anymore. I have a feeling he'll be pretty balanced this time. Just give his Tornado a bit more landing-lag and nerf his priority a slight bit and we'll be fine :)

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Will his Final Smash be a giant tornado where the player has to mash B in order to rack up percent before dealing the finishing blow?

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
The SSS tier is back! Press 1 if you feel sorry for non-Meta Knight players!

Meta Knight da bess
Meta Knight da bess
Meta Knight da bess
Meta Knight da bess

Let's hope he's been nerfed a bit. Nice gauntlets too.

D

Deleted member

Did anybody really doubt that he would return? He deserves to be in this game. The fact that he was OP in Brawl was the fault of the game designers, not the fault of the character.

I'm interested to see what other changes he received, and I'm sure there are many.

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
ermagerd Ridley Wings character fusion confirmed Ridley confirmed :troll:

MM720

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM720
3DS FC
0259-0380-4806
Who knows? Maybe they'll actually balance him this time? :D

Still, Sakurai surprised us again. Still waiting for Jigglypuff and Falco tho :3

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
Great! My 'go to' guy is back.
And yea, I wanna give a harder Meta a go. I need to get better at some stage, may as well nudge me along with a less invincible Meta Knight.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
I was hoping for duel wielding swords just to see smashboards go up in flames.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Took a look at all his images on the smashbros site. HOLY HOTNESS his visual attack animations of his slash hit-boxes & hit-stun / attacks. Such detail & looks really good. Bravo Sakurai. . .#biased

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He's finally back!!!!! This adds up to 38 Characters!

Malion

Smash Ace
I'm guessing the 3ds version will collect miis via spot pass to the multi man battles so you can punch passersby in the face.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Cool! As much as I love Meta Knight, I really want him to be nerfed because he was WAAAAY to overpowered in Brawl.

On a side note, the classic mode info is good. I like the way the map looks cool and the new features look really awesome. The only thing I'm not hyped about is the fact that Miis are opponents in Multi-Man Melee. I think MMM is always a chance for the Devs to come up with really cool-looking enemies unique to smash. But I like their shirts. I hope that they are customizable options for your Mii.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
Congrats Metaknight fans! This is exciting! Glad to have a character reveal in a PotD.

Okay, Sakurai, it's my turn, where's Falco? lol

Top Bottom