• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Girls Und Panzer seems like a very interesting show, I may check it out sometime soon.
That is, after I finish my Akame Ga Kill, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Golden Time, Nisekoi, and JoJo (which will never happen because JoJo will never ever end and if it does than that is when the apocalypse comes).
If you watch the dub, be aware that the Soviet song was cut in the dub and replaced with... the Tetris theme.

I usually defend dubs, but this seriously was a sore point for me. :laugh:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Hmm. Odd choice. I'd understand if it were Nazi themes because Japan is decidedly more enthusiastic about Nazi culture than most of us on the other side of the pond (though they really did have pretty kickin' fashion) but is there even anyone left that would find Soviet imagery triggering?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hmm. Odd choice. I'd understand if it were Nazi themes because Japan is decidedly more enthusiastic about Nazi culture than most of us on the other side of the pond (though they really did have pretty kickin' fashion) but is there even anyone left that would find Soviet imagery triggering?
America still doesn't take kindly to communism and Soviet stuff, I think.

Though I doubt anyone among anime fans would have been offended.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
If you watch the dub, be aware that the Soviet song was cut in the dub and replaced with... the Tetris theme.

I usually defend dubs, but this seriously was a sore point for me. :laugh:
There's a soviet song? Interesting.
Fun fact, I have a friend who can sing most of the soviet national anthem. Which is around 5 minutes long.

TaRtOoN-Hand94

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TaRtOoN-Merica94
3DS FC
4141-3495-6237
To anyone who can sprite rip from either Sm4sh game,

Does anybody have any idea where I can get the assets for Smash 3DS's character select and in-game bottom screen?
The Spriter's Resource has the character renders, and icons and stock icons, but nothing of the hud or the selecting hands. they become sprites in the bottom screen so they Should exist somewhere.

Last edited:

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Went to an arcade last night and played as Darkrai in Pokken Tournament. Also tried the Taiko drum game for the first time.

D

Deleted member

I posted this on the NintenZone thread already, but I thought I would share it here as well. This comes from the latest New Leaf update... the fortune's wording is on point.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Went to an arcade last night and played as Darkrai in Pokken Tournament. Also tried the Taiko drum game for the first time.
How's his playstyle? He seems a bit more technical then most fighters. Was Scizor also available yet in arcades, or are they still working on him?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
How's his playstyle? He seems a bit more technical then most fighters. Was Scizor also available yet in arcades, or are they still working on him?
He was definitely different from me normally playing as Mewtwo on the Wii U. Scizor was also a character I used last week and wasn't as used to. I haven't played Pokken Tournament enough to judge playstyle or how each character works.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I really wish my connections would get better. I haven't played for a while, and I want practice. But most of my matches are laggy. And forget about getting any team battles.

He was definitely different from me normally playing as Mewtwo on the Wii U. Scizor was also a character I used last week and wasn't as used to. I haven't played Pokken Tournament enough to judge playstyle or how each character works.
Oh, well thanks for the input. I'm mostly interested in Scizor. He's got some cool stuff. Mewtwo seems mostly straightforward to use.

Last edited:

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I've gone and written my first review of something ever.
It's about that new Peter Molyneux game "The Trail".
The Trail (iOs) review

The Trail is Peter Molyneux's newest game made by 22Cans. After Godus failed to live up to its promises, the studio gives another shot, this time at the mobile market. Sneakily launching in the Philippines a few months ago, the game is finally available for free to the whole world.

The Trail (full name The Trail: A Frontier Journey) is a bonafide walking simulator and makes no effort to hide it. Taking control of a customizable character (I use the term in a very loose sense, as you can only select a name and a preset face) who travels to a new country, players are tasked with walking 10 miles (15 Km) alongside other players towards a place called "Eden Falls" in search for fortune, as your family in England, is suffering from misery.
I actually had to restart the app on the character select screen, as I immediatly ran into a bug where most of the selectable portraits were nothing but white squares.

At the start, the game seems very simple. Controls consist of sliding up or down on your character to control their walking speed, swiping left and right to look around and dragging items you find beside the trail onto your backpack. This adds a level of item management as you don't necessarily have a limit to how much weight you can carry but you have to make the things you want to bring with you fit inside your pack.
While clever, this is a massive nuisance, as the items seem to defy laws of physics. Twigs and other slender items can get stuck on the sides of the bag and constantly twitch, which sometimes can knock other items above them out of your rucksack. Items like logs or rabbit skin will suddenly slide or roll off your pack and onto the ground. I've had cases where perfectly stacked items were completely stable but fell off out of nowhere for no reason.
You cannot rotate items, meaning that the afromentioned slender items have to be dropped in such a way so that they will lean sideways onto the position you want and then being quickly picked up and relocated again.
Or at least I assume they can't be rotated. After all, it wasn't until I was 6 hours into the game that I found out you can stack similar items into a single one, by complete accident (two balls of fiber were glitching out inside my inventory and slid into one another combining into a bigger ball of fiber).
It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that other players can pick up items you drop, willingly or not, which means that that very valuable bird sculpture that fell out of your bag can be immediatly picked up by some other chump who happened to be passing by at the time.
That's not the only way you can be robbed. Trees and animals along the trail can be chopped and hunted respectively by using tools such as axes and slingshots, dropping special, rarer items. Those items can then be immediatly picked up by other players before you even have a chance to grab them. How did anyone at 22Cans think this was a good idea?

You might be asking yourself: "if it's so bad to manage your inventory, why even bother to pick stuff up?"
Players have a small heart on the top left of their screen which indicates their "Vigor" meter. If your vigor is depleted, players will collapse, dropping items (which again, leaves them up for grabs) and having to either wait for their vigor to refill or spend special currency to reach the next camp immediatly.
Camps are spread throughout the entirety of the trail, allowing players to have a quick respite and engage in trading and item crafting. Item crafting is done Minecraft-style by placing the necessary items in a 3x3 grid and pulling a lever. These items go from shirts, shoes and bandanas to better backpacks and consumables. New recipes can be acquired by trading in fetch quests (get X ammount of Y item) to a NPC named Beatrice. These quests are separated in four categories: Lumberjack, Trader, Explorer and Hunter. Throughout the journey, you are accompanied by her red bird, who helps you out by holding a sign showing how many items you have acquired and how many in total you need to finish your current quest. He also constantly looks like he's had a bad day for some reason. You can feed apples to the little guy, which serves no particular reason other than making him happy for a split second.
Other NPCs are present, such as a circus lady with a sandwich board who offers you ads to watch for rewards or a postman who delivers you letters. Said letters add a level of choice to the game thanks to the Mad Libs style they are made in.
Crafting is necessary if you want to reach Eden Falls. Shoes allow the player to run faster, shirts give you hooks to place your tools, pants give you pockets to store small items like pebbles and bandanas increase your vigor. As you craft more and more of the same things, they will level up, becoming more valuable and increasing their durability.
Be careful however, as the more you carry the faster your vigor drains.
Trading is done in minigame fashion. A conveyer belt pushes items towards a grinder at the end. Placing an item further away from the grinder makes it more expensive while placing them near the grinder makes them cheaper. Every few seconds the conveyer moves automatically. Thankfully, even if an item is destroyed by the grinder, you still recieve money. Players can buy items by simply dragging them into their backpacks, and the player who earns the most money earns a free, high quality reward.
Money is needed not only for trading, but also for paying tolls to move to the next section of the trail. You can either use the normal currency or of course, since this is a F2P game, use the special currency you can't acquire anywhere else. This currency takes the form of golden horseshoes and are called "Favours". They can be used to repair critically damaged clothes, pay the boatman's toll, warp to the next camp after collapsing and buy excluse items at a shop.

On the subject of graphics, 22Cans takes notes from Firewatch, sacrificing realism for a very cartoony, bright and varied colour palette which is very pleasant to look at. The game keeps the visuals fresh by adding new areas, such as a normal grassland, a snowy mountain and a jungle.

The game does not end once your reach Eden Falls either. Instead, it adds even more content to the game: towns. You can buy empty lots in towns built by other players and start to build your own house and even help develop the town itself.

However, as one expect, the game suffers from quite a lot of battery consumption. So remember not to play this if you are low on power and need to use your iOs device anywhere else.
All in all, Molyneux's new game is an excellent time waster with some annoying elements in it. If you are not a walking simulator fan, you will likely not enjoy it. But for those of you who don't mind watching your character walk forwards for some hours, you will really dig this.
4/5
Good!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I have just finished a drawning that I worked for some day (and that I had to redone because I didn't like first version).
And basically, it's heavily inspired by Stand (heck, the concept is like a stand but it has different name and only 3 character have one). But I make the most original design I could do and honestly, I don't care if people call it only a "rip-off" of Stand, because it's a stand basically in function.
Sadly, It's too late here, so I won't be able post it. I also will do a page for it describing how it is detail but it will take some time.
If my week is good, the drawning will be posted in some days, so, I see you there.
Good night.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
To continue the line of people completing stuff, I finished the anime New Game! . I can only wish for a similarly friendly workplace when I start working next year. ;~;

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
One little thing I'd like to see in the next Smash...

You know those Snake Codecs/Palutena's Guidance/Star Fox communication-type taunts? Next time they should actually have characters talking to each other.

Like, it'll always be triggered by one character (Fox/Falco/Pit/Palutena/whoever) but this time the characters they're talking about will actually reply to them and not just be standing there while they get trash talked. I'm sure Sonic would have some choice words for Fox.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Trump vs Hillary
Who will win?!?

'Murica Bizarre Adventure : Walldust Cruvoter
Coming tomorrow.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Had to stand through a long line outside of the building to vote. Thank goodness the line went somewhat fast and had 6 voting booths.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
America will be fine, everyone's making the election to be a bigger deal than it needs to be.

The world won't end if Trump or Hillary becomes president.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
America will be fine, everyone's making the election to be a bigger deal than it needs to be.

I don't know. For someone who's trying to make America great again, I fear that Trump may lead to disaster for the United States if he's the next president. Sure, Hillary has some cons as well, but even before the 2016 election, there has been a lot of things about Trump that I've disliked.

However, the biggest irony is that for a world that's concerned about terrorism, the "real" terrorist is climate change. If you've seen "Before the Flood" or "72 Dangerous Places", you'll pretty much get what I'm saying.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

This. I also don't understand those celebrities/people threatening to leave America if a certain someone gets elected.

I understand the two big choices are both far from the best but I fail to how we'll ever end up even close to becoming North Korea 2.0

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682
This. I also don't understand those celebrities/people threatening to leave America if a certain someone gets elected.

I understand the two big choices are both far from the best but I fail to how we'll ever end up even close to becoming North Korea 2.0
You know whenever I hear something like that, I just joke: "Guess other countries will take note of Trump and start building walls of their own." But yeah, everyones flippin their ****, and at some points, its understandable, but sometimes very exaggerated.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

As far as I know, Trump is far worse than Hillary, especially when you look at his arrogance, hot temper, and gender issues.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
It's over and done with, to be honest.

America isn't gonna be as great as our upcoming president says it'll be, and we have only the white supremacist vote and the inability of some minorities to vote to blame.
Still, I hope we keep working and fighting for our rights. It's going to get increasingly difficult, I fear, but we absolutely must as time goes on.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I've had a recent talk with one of my own family members in regards to this ordeal, and there seems to be a bigger picture that we're not aware of.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
However, the biggest irony is that for a world that's concerned about terrorism, the "real" terrorist is climate change. If you've seen "Before the Flood" or "72 Dangerous Places", you'll pretty much get what I'm saying.
Something Daddy Donald doesn't think exists despite the fact actual climate experts have proven we're at a breaking point. :colorful:

All I hope is Trump surprises everyone and turns out to be competent.
If he was a blubbering, pandering manchild during the entire campaign, what the **** makes you think things will change for the better in the White House? He has no reason to alter his behavior; the people love it! It'll be great! The best! Other populist statements!

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Doubt it. This feels like Schwarzenegger becoming California governor all over again. People voting for a celebrity instead of a politician. Not that politicians are much better on the totem pole.

The thing that bugs me here is not what kind of man Trump is - as a commenter on another website put it, this isn't even the first time we've got an incompetent racist in office. But did his supporters seriously believe he's going to be able to honor any of his campaign promises?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
If he was a blubbering, pandering manchild during the entire campaign, what the **** makes you think things will change for the better in the White House? He has no reason to alter his behavior; the people love it! It'll be great! The best! Other populist statements!
He's not going to rule alone. A lot of Republicans don't like him.

I don't think he is idiot. If he really didn't know what he was doing, he wouldn't be able to come this far.

And seriously, stop worrying about problems before they actually happen. The alt-right didn't flood the streets when he won. America isn't going to break down like that.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, Trump has just won...
And it's snowing like hell (Yeah I know hell is hot but you get the idea) here...
God must be not happy about this.
Welp, time for America to Bite The Dust.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And seriously, stop worrying about problems before they actually happen. The alt-right didn't flood the streets when he won. America isn't going to break down like that.
When it comes to climate change though, you can't allow it to get worse. If countries like Kiribati are forced to migrate because of rising sea levels, that can't be reversed at all.

Top Bottom