• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I didn't vote him, I voted third party, but I'm not voting for a guy who is the opposite of my ideals and my favorite movie of all time Zootopia.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I have just sort of of been watching the world burn, since I have been too out of touch with american politics, so I can't really say too much about it.
But I guess Trump is not good, at least if he really is that bad as I have heard.
But my opeenion comes from the big headlines he makes with his controversies, I really do not know what else there is for him.

And now I have done it. I posted a comment about politics. Even though I have valued this place as a safe haven from all political flame wars. But I guess it's fine as long as we don't get too agitated.

D

Deleted member

That should've been the topic title no matter who won. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Check this

Journalist Laura Dale is reporting that Super Smash Bros will be coming to the Nintendo Switch, but won’t be a launch title. The game is thought to be a port of the Wii U version with all the additional downloadable content and Nintendo is targeting a release in the first six months after the Nintendo Switch launches. She also goes on to say that the Cloud and Bayonetta amiibo figures have been held for the Nintendo Switch port launch.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wouldn't say this is worthy of its own thread yet as this is only a rumor so far. Best to continue this in the Smash Social

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
I wonder if that "the democratic party sabotaged Bernie" sutff was true.
Because if it was, then we lost a possible saving grace in this election thanks to corruption.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
With Trump elected president, what will happen with the Gaming Industry mainly with Nintendo Switch?
NO MORE?

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I'm talking about the Gaming Industry in America, there are Nintendo America and Nintendo Japan, am i right?
I wonder how Reggie Fils-Aime will react to Trump's election.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Who sits in the oval office will have absolutely zero impact on the direction of the video game industry unless that person flat out stated they were going to do something with it (spoiler alert: Trump didn't).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I'm talking about the Gaming Industry in America, there are Nintendo America and Nintendo Japan, am i right?
I wonder how Reggie Fils-Aime will react to Trump's election.
His feelings don't matter. He's a CEO of a video game company and unless Trump has suddenly announced a crusade against video game companies, it's not relevant to even ponder.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Ironically, when it comes to climate change, pretty much "everyone" will lose if North America doesn't do its part at drastically reducing carbon emissions.
Legislation seriously affecting anything requires one world government. Are you willing to go all the way? Once upon a time, the 'scientific establishment' said 'global cooling!' next 'global warming!' now 'climate change!' and the proposed solution is always the same: more regulation, more power to governments. I begin to suspect their motives. Turns out, however, we're in a 20 year cooling cycle, and over a much longer period of time we're in... a cool, again.

Climategate gave us a glimpse into how corrupt the establishment might be. The politicization of science has resulted in the creation of said establishment, a vested interest who silences all opposition in a manner similar to how many allege the Church dealt with 'scientific heresies.' They destroy people's careers and reputations without remorse. That's the antithesis of scientific progress. Now, we find that so many complex computer models are based on unfounded assumptions, incredibly biased inputs, sometimes falsified data, without actually considering all the important elements. Suffice to say that the oceanic currents and sun cycles are far, far more effectual to the overall climate than any anthropogenic source. How ridiculously ego-centric of us?
Real climate heresy: https://judithcurry.com/

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Jaedrik Jaedrik : A cooling cycle? The Arctic doesn't think so when you look at the problems that Alaska is dealing with, and the glaciers at Greenland are also melting. Also, climate change is endangering the Polar Bears, because it's leading to shorter winters, and the lack of sea ice makes it extremely hard, if not impossible, for the Polar Bears to successfully hunt for Seals. Polar Bears risk starvation if they can't hunt their mandatory prey, and it should also be noted that Walruses are way too dangerous for them to tackle. A world without Polar Bears is unthinkable, and the same can also be said for the Tigers as well.

On a side note, 2016 is said to be the hottest year ever recorded. That's definitely a huge red card that can't be ignored. And even now, most of the United States is dealing with above average temperatures, with portions of the southwest being as hot as the upper 90's, if not 100's.

Last edited:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Jaedrik Jaedrik : A cooling cycle? The Arctic doesn't think so when you look at the problems that Alaska is dealing with, and the glaciers at Greenland are also melting. Also, climate change is endangering the Polar Bears, because it's leading to shorter winters, and the lack of sea ice makes it extremely hard, if not impossible, for the Polar Bears to successfully hunt for Seals. Polar Bears risk starvation if they can't hunt their mandatory prey, and it should also be noted that Walruses are way too dangerous for them to tackle. A world without Polar Bears is unthinkable, and the same can also be said for the Tigers as well.

On a side note, 2016 is said to be the hottest year ever recorded. That's definitely a huge red card that can't be ignored. And even now, most of the United States is dealing with above average temperatures, with portions of the southwest being as hot as the upper 90's, if not 100's.
http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/15/a...ion-data-shows-us-in-a-10-year-cooling-trend/
http://www.globalwarming.org/2015/0...ttle-to-no-global-warming-over-past-18-years/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterfe...-alarmists-the-earth-is-cooling/#3a6dfd541281
http://www.skepticalscience.com/1934-hottest-year-on-record-intermediate.htm
http://articles.latimes.com/2007/aug/15/science/sci-temp15
http://ossfoundation.us/projects/environment/global-warming/myths/1934-is-the-hottest-year-on-record
Most importantly: https://judithcurry.com/2016/09/18/is-the-arctic-sea-ice-spiral-of-death-dead/ https://judithcurry.com/category/polar-regions/
https://judithcurry.com/2016/10/27/advocacy-research-incentives-and-the-practice-of-science/

For every claim, there is a counter-claim. Again, this is about way more than just "THE SCIENCE." There's substantial reason to be skeptical about the grant-taking, politicized climate scientists' models.
I'd love if you addressed the other points in my post. It's scary when people's reputations are destroyed while being called climate heretics, simply for suggesting that the climate is not so simple.
It's politically motivated fear-mongering and doom-saying. Malthus was wrong, and the people who've taken up his banner have been consistently wrong, time and time again.

And even if he and all the climate alarmists are right, the correct course of action would be to take the government out of it. Bureaucratization and politicization only slow things down and muddy the waters, hampering progress.
Though, I'd like to see an overhaul in tort law to allow environmental forensics to trace specific effects from specific private (or public) entities to people's property and thus allow litigation for legitimate restitution from damages.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I could go either way on global warming vs it's not a for sure thing.

Honestly I think there are bigger concerns right now in our world than that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I could go either way on global warming vs it's not a for sure thing.

Honestly I think there are bigger concerns right now in our world than that.
Nature preservation is another important endeavor when you consider that some of the resources that we take for granted are also leading to habitat destruction.

On a different subject, it has been confirmed that the Wii U will be heading towards its climax in a few more months. Breath of the Wild and Yooka-Laylee are probably the Wii U's very last retail games, and then it's all Nintendo Switch after that.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nature preservation is another important endeavor when you consider that some of the resources that we take for granted are also leading to habitat destruction.

On a different subject, it has been confirmed that the Wii U will be heading towards its climax in a few more months. Breath of the Wild and Yooka-Laylee are probably the Wii U's very last retail games, and then it's all Nintendo Switch after that.
In general is something I consider to be more important than worrying about heating or cooling of the earth.

Nintendo in general wants to push it out the door and start fresh if the switch with ports + more. They really just want to try something new that honestly is the best of both of their worlds.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I believe in climate change, I just feel it's not the most pressing issue right now.

------------

I just checked the price on Pokémon Sun on Amazon.in.

₹4099 ($61)

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I believe in climate change, I just feel it's not the most pressing issue right now.
It can depend on your location though. Some countries do risk extinction if sea levels continue to rise, and this is an irreversible issue as well.

And when you look at the amount of weather disasters that the United States has seen, it's no wonder that the US is losing a lot of money. How can you defend a country when a large portion of your money has to be used for dealing with natural disaster aftermaths?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah! The week is finally over!!
And I see people are still talking about political stuff...:cheep::halfsheep::emptysheep:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
For all the Sun and Moon enthusiasts here, this month's CoroCoro scans have leaked. The information revealed today was previously revealed due to the Sun and Moon leaks, but now they are officially revealed to the world.

Here's scan 1:

This is a new Psychic-type Legendary Pokemon named Necrozma, and it is said to be connected with Solgaleo and Lunala. Yep, sounds like this is going to be the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde of this generation. Makes me curious to see what its true form will look like (assuming if it gets one, or it will get one but it won't be obtainable until the following generation similar to Zygarde's situation). Could its true form be the scorpion many have been speculating about, or is it something else?

We then have the reveal of two more Ultra Beasts. Both of their names were not revealed yet.

The one on the left is exclusive to Sun, while the the one on the right is exclusive to Moon.

Both look pretty odd. I guess I'm leaning more towards the one on the left because I'm digging that origami design.

The last scan revealed that each of the final evolutions of the starters have their own Z-move.

Decidueye's exclusive Z-move is named Sinister Arrow Raid, Incineorar's is named Malicious Moonsault, and Primarina's is Oceanic Operatta.

Due to the leaks, there is video footage of the Z-moves for each of the starters on Youtube if you're interested in seeing them in action.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Like I promised, I am finally able to show off the "Stand-like" creature that I talked before!
So, here it is! Heaven's Soul!
Heaven's Soul.png

So, where to begin?
First of all, I had to do this drawning twice. What you see here is the second attempt.
The reason I didn't like the first one. Is that it was full of detail that didn't go anywhere and was just not really good to look at.
Second off, this "Stand" (In my series, it's called "Guardian") design is based off Tusk Act 4 and Star Platinium.
Third off, this "Stand" is a evolution of the previous. Which was called Moon's Soul. And thus, some of there capabilty are different, new or just better than the old one. (The two "Stand" also have completely design, but I haven't drawned it's first form)
Finally, I am currently working on a document which will explain in detail how the stand work and how it evolved.
So, I hope you like it, I tried my best and I wish to you a good day!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Like I promised, I am finally able to show off the "Stand-like" creature that I talked before!
So, here it is! Heaven's Soul!
View attachment 120934
So, where to begin?
First of all, I had to do this drawning twice. What you see here is the second attempt.
The reason I didn't like the first one. Is that it was full of detail that didn't go anywhere and was just not really good to look at.
Second off, this "Stand" (In my series, it's called "Guardian") design is based off Tusk Act 4 and Star Platinium.
Third off, this "Stand" is a evolution of the previous. Which was called Moon's Soul. And thus, some of there capabilty are different, new or just better than the old one. (The two "Stand" also have completely design, but I haven't drawned it's first form)
Finally, I am currently working on a document which will explain in detail how the stand work and how it evolved.
So, I hope you like it, I tried my best and I wish to you a good day!
Is he based on a robot samurai? He kind of looks like that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Is he based on a robot samurai? He kind of looks like that.
Not really, like I said, I was heavily influenced by Tusk Act 4 and Star Platinium.
Here, take a look.
Heaven's Soul has more of a "normal adult" design that Tusk 4 more robot-like design.
Also, the design of the stand is also influenced by Hierophant Green. But not by much.
Glad that you like it too. ;)

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
For all the Sun and Moon enthusiasts here, this month's CoroCoro scans have leaked. The information revealed today was previously revealed due to the Sun and Moon leaks, but now they are officially revealed to the world.

Here's scan 1:

This is a new Psychic-type Legendary Pokemon named Necrozma, and it is said to be connected with Solgaleo and Lunala. Yep, sounds like this is going to be the Rayquaza/Giratina/Kyurem/Zygarde of this generation. Makes me curious to see what its true form will look like (assuming if it gets one, or it will get one but it won't be obtainable until the following generation similar to Zygarde's situation). Could its true form be the scorpion many have been speculating about, or is it something else?

We then have the reveal of two more Ultra Beasts. Both of their names were not revealed yet.

The one on the left is exclusive to Sun, while the the one on the right is exclusive to Moon.

Both look pretty odd. I guess I'm leaning more towards the one on the left because I'm digging that origami design.

The last scan revealed that each of the final evolutions of the starters have their own Z-move.

Decidueye's exclusive Z-move is named Sinister Arrow Raid, Incineorar's is named Malicious Moonsault, and Primarina's is Oceanic Operatta.

Due to the leaks, there is video footage of the Z-moves for each of the starters on Youtube if you're interested in seeing them in action.
There actually aren't video leaks. At least, not anymore thanks to the Nintendo samurai.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Serebii doesn't cover leaks, so you're pretty much spoiler free if you go there, or at least until the game is "officially" released to the public.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
There actually aren't video leaks. At least, not anymore thanks to the Nintendo samurai.
I knew the Nintendo Samurai already took down those videos featuring all the new Pokemon's level up moves and TMs, but they took down the Z-move videos too?

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time. Too bad I'll have to look elsewhere now if I want to do so some early move planning for my story teams.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I knew the Nintendo Samurai already took down those videos featuring all the new Pokemon's level up moves and TMs, but they took down the Z-move videos too?

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time. Too bad I'll have to look elsewhere now if I want to do so some early move planning for my story teams.
Yup. But to be fair, some of the Z-Moves shown were really brutal, so much so that it would have been better not to leak them. Seriously brutal (looking at you Groudon).

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Yup. But to be fair, some of the Z-Moves shown were really brutal, so much so that it would have been better not to leak them. Seriously brutal (looking at you Groudon).
I haven't watched the Groudon one. The most extreme Z-move I saw back when the leaks were coming out was...

Marshadow's Z-move: Soul-Stealing 7 Star Strike

That move solidified Marshadow as one of my favorite Alola Pokemon. Its too awesome.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I haven't watched the Groudon one. The most extreme Z-move I saw back when the leaks were coming out was...

Marshadow's Z-move: Soul-Stealing 7 Star Strike

That move solidified Marshadow as one of my favorite Alola Pokemon. Its too awesome.
It has such an awesome name two! I'll probably name mine Whitesnake (for JoJo reasons)
Groudon's, Tectonic Rage, opens up the earth, and Groudon then drags the foe through the earth for a full 2-3 seconds before they reach the core and explode back onto the battlefield.
You though stealing souls with stars was brutal? Try dragging someone to the literal center of the earth and back with an explosion as you come back up. That's gotta hurt.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
It has such an awesome name two! I'll probably name mine Whitesnake (for JoJo reasons)
Groudon's, Tectonic Rage, opens up the earth, and Groudon then drags the foe through the earth for a full 2-3 seconds before they reach the core and explode back onto the battlefield.
You though stealing souls with stars was brutal? Try dragging someone to the literal center of the earth and back with an explosion as you come back up. That's gotta hurt.
Are there any gifs of Tectonic Rage? I'm really interested in seeing that based on the description you gave me.

If Groudon got a Z-move, I think Kyogre should have one too. I wonder how Kyogre's would look like though. Maybe it could unleash a really powerful that would overwhelm the opponent with gigantic water spouts and high waves similar to that Generations episode. That's my two cents.

Or maybe it could have a Jonah Whale-like move like it did Archer in that same episode lol.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I don't know exactly what UBs are but they totally look like they're microscopic Pokemon that I bet Team Aether ****ed something up to make them the size they are.

If that is how it goes down I'd be cool with that

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Are there any gifs of Tectonic Rage? I'm really interested in seeing that based on the description you gave me.

If Groudon got a Z-move, I think Kyogre should have one too. I wonder how Kyogre's would look like though. Maybe it could unleash a really powerful that would overwhelm the opponent with gigantic water spouts and high waves similar to that Generations episode. That's my two cents.

Or maybe it could have a Jonah Whale-like move like it did Archer in that same episode lol.
sorry, can't fidn gifs. Here's an image of.....Mudsdale?! using it.

so that's kind of an indication of it.
In the same video, meant to show off the awful size changes, Wailord used it's "Waterium Z" move called Hydro Vortex I think that involved submerging the battlefield and iirc a whirpool. Maybe Kyogre can use that since it's clear TR isn't limited to Groudon.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
sorry, can't fidn gifs. Here's an image of.....Mudsdale?! using it.

so that's kind of an indication of it.
In the same video, meant to show off the awful size changes, Wailord used it's "Waterium Z" move called Hydro Vortex I think that involved submerging the battlefield and iirc a whirpool. Maybe Kyogre can use that since it's clear TR isn't limited to Groudon.
So Tectonic Rage isn't exclusive to Groudon, but is actually the Ground-type Z-move. My bad for getting confused.

That image of TR looks pretty killer indeed.

I do remember watching a video of Hydro Vortex a while back though. Yeah, it's nowhere as extreme as Tectonic Rage.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It would be nice if I could get some Genesect codes from GameStop, but I just moved to Japan. I'm also 2 hours away from Fukuoka which is the nearest big city. :|

At least I have more opportunities to play Smash Bros with other military people.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It would be nice if I could get some Genesect codes from GameStop, but I just moved to Japan. I'm also 2 hours away from Fukuoka which is the nearest big city. :|

At least I have more opportunities to play Smash Bros with other military people.
You're in the military? Well it's good to hear you're not in a warzone. I wonder how many Americans even remember we have bases in Japan by treaty? lol

When I pick up Sun/Moon I can take a look at getting an extra code for you. My local Gamestop was giving out multiples of the Volcanion codes when I got around to it at the tail-end of last month.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
You're in the military? Well it's good to hear you're not in a warzone. I wonder how many Americans even remember we have bases in Japan by treaty? lol

When I pick up Sun/Moon I can take a look at getting an extra code for you. My local Gamestop was giving out multiples of the Volcanion codes when I got around to it at the tail-end of last month.
Thank you! Yes, I am in the Navy, so I doubt I'll be doing any fighting anytime soon. We mostly do joint exercises with other navies, and we provide humanitarian aid whenever disasters happen like tsunamis. This means I get to visit more countries in the near future.

Top Bottom