• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Z-moves are pretty cool.
And Decidueye's Z-move's name makes it even better pick for the starters.

And then, because I am a complainer, I will tell you why I do not like Z-moves. I do not like them, because Pokemon is the kind of game it is. I absolutely love over the top special moves in games, and I love using them against large enemies or bosses that have ridiculous amount of health. Every time I get a new super strong attack in a rpg, the first thing I do is I try to find a new strong enemy to test it on. And then these special attacks become special tools for special occasions. That way they are fun.

But the thing about Pokemon is, that almost every enemy can already be beaten with one strike, even with the currently existing attacks. So where is the satisfaction of beating an opponent with a super exclusive special attack that does just the same as your other, weaker attacks? Doing millions and millions of damage is fun, but for what reason would you do so, if every enemy Pokemon can only have so much hp? Sure, they're flashy, but aren't they just overly powerful attacks without any target? Just like hunting deer with nuclear weapons, completely overdoing it.

I think we would need some sort of bosses in Pokemon, just for us to try to do the maximum damages.

Well, that's my take on Z-moves. I really hope that what they actually are aligns with what I believe them to be, or otherwise all the energy I put into disapproving them will go to waste, and I will look like a fool.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Same although I think there's a good chance we won't get new Megas anymore.
Well, alolan forms could well be a one-time gimmick. and considering we still had mega evolutions.....I'd say it's possible for new megas to happen, especially if we get a Gen 4 remake game.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well, alolan forms could well be a one-time gimmick. and considering we still had mega evolutions.....I'd say it's possible for new megas to happen, especially if we get a Gen 4 remake game.
It wouldn't surprise me if Alolan forms were a one-time gimmick too, although I'm sure there'll still be a way to get them in future games.

And D/P remakes would be a good time to introduce new Megas, Pokémon like Weavile and Crobat are popular enough to warrant a Mega and the former is even the signature Pokémon of Cyrus. If new Megas don't happen there, they are gone for good.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
It wouldn't surprise me if Alolan forms were a one-time gimmick too, although I'm sure there'll still be a way to get them in future games.

And D/P remakes would be a good time to introduce new Megas, Pokémon like Weavile and Crobat are popular enough to warrant a Mega and the former is even the signature Pokémon of Cyrus. If new Megas don't happen there, they are gone for good.
Agreed in every way, it's the last chance we have for some time to know if they come back or not. if not, they're gone and done.
Also yes plz for mega weavile, also since yes it's Cyrus' sig mon it should (as camerupt and sharpedo did and the former didn't deserve it as much as the latter). Thing is though....mega garchomp already exists, so maybe cynthia can use two mega evolutions, as otherwise she wouldn't have a new Mega? Also it's Cynthia, she deserves two Mega pokemon.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Agreed in every way, it's the last chance we have for some time to know if they come back or not. if not, they're gone and done.
Also yes plz for mega weavile, also since yes it's Cyrus' sig mon it should (as camerupt and sharpedo did and the former didn't deserve it as much as the latter). Thing is though....mega garchomp already exists, so maybe cynthia can use two mega evolutions, as otherwise she wouldn't have a new Mega? Also it's Cynthia, she deserves two Mega pokemon.
Mega Garchomp is fine. It wouldn't make sense to give her anything else. And while it's not the same thing, Sidney also didn't have a newly introduced Mega in the rematches.

Zoralls

End my existence please.
She could have a Mega Spiritomb instead of a Mega Garchomp? I mean that is a Pokémon that could use some love and it was the other super unique member of her team.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Mega Garchomp is fine. It wouldn't make sense to give her anything else. And while it's not the same thing, Sidney also didn't have a newly introduced Mega in the rematches.
Wait.....the E4 used Megas? (haven't played ORAS in a while so my memory's sketchy)
She could have a Mega Spiritomb instead of a Mega Garchomp? I mean that is a Pokémon that could use some love and it was the other super unique member of her team.
I'm not sure giving something like Spiritomb a mega is a good idea ;)
PS Welcome to the boards!

Zoralls

End my existence please.
Wait.....the E4 used Megas? (haven't played ORAS in a while so my memory's sketchy)

I'm not sure giving something like Spiritomb a mega is a good idea ;)
PS Welcome to the boards!
The elite four had megas when you went to rematch them after beating them the first time. Sidney has a Mega-Absol, Phoebe has a Mega-Sableye, Glacia has a Mega-Glalie, Drake has a Mega-Salamence and Steven again has his Mega-Metagross.

P.S. Thanks for the welcome friendo!

Last edited:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
!
The E4 only in the rematches. Sidney used Absol, Phoebe Sableye, Glacia Glalie, Drake Salamence and Steven Metagross.
Give Cyrus Weavile, Cynthia Garchomp, Barry his starter and the non-PC their starter. Then you only need to come up with a Mega for the E4 bar Aaron and you're done.

Zoralls Zoralls : Welcome to the boards!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
The elite four had megas when you went to rematch them after beating them the first time. Sidney has a Mega-Absol, Phoebe has a Mega-Sableye, Glacia has a Mega-Glalie, Drake has a Mega-Salamence and Steven again has his Mega-Metagross.

P.S. Thanks for the welcome friendo!
Welp.....I always miss quite a few things in the post-game when it comes to pokemon......so I guess that's something to do again if I'm in the mood.
And no problem, it's a great place here!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Thank you! Yes, I am in the Navy, so I doubt I'll be doing any fighting anytime soon. We mostly do joint exercises with other navies, and we provide humanitarian aid whenever disasters happen like tsunamis. This means I get to visit more countries in the near future.
My dad was also a navy too. Don't know if I had mentioned this before.
Kind of sad that most people in Taiwan don't respect thier military anymore. Mostly because times have changed and minor political reason.

Zoralls

End my existence please.
Kinda offtopic, but like, R.I.P. VoiD after the Ironman against Nairo for STR. He was an inspiration and a legend, he will be missed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's scary when people's reputations are destroyed while being called climate heretics, simply for suggesting that the climate is not so simple.
You must be kidding, right? Nobody who believes in climate change has ever stated that the climate is "simple." The only people making simplistic claims are those who say things like, "It snowed yesterday, so global warming must be false!"

It's better to care about the climate now than to start worrying about it once we're past the point of no return. Even if it doesn't significantly affect you in your lifetime, it's something that you should worry about for future generations. It's amazing how people can twist the idea of taking better care of our planet into some conspiracy about "destroying people's reputations." You're so worried that somebody is out to get you that you are willing to ignore the bigger picture. That's what's scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
You must be kidding, right? Nobody who believes in climate change has ever stated that the climate is "simple." The only people making simplistic claims are those who say things like, "It snowed yesterday, so global warming must be false!"

It's better to care about the climate now than to start worrying about it once we're past the point of no return. Even if it doesn't affect you in your lifetime, it's something that you should worry about for future generations.

It's amazing how people can twist the idea of taking better care of our planet into some conspiracy to "destroy people's reputations." You're so worried that somebody is out to get you that you are willing to ignore the bigger picture. That's what's scary.
You seem to have misunderstood me. Judith Curry, a climate scientist, was thrown out of the community for precisely this reason. I speak of concrete examples.
Turns out, experts can get... defensive, especially when money is on the line. Like before the plate tectonics theory was accepted! I don't blame them, there's nothing inherently immoral about clinging to one's beliefs, but I think they've done some bad things because of it--suppressing dissent is very scary. Our ideas can't get better if we live in echo chambers. Many scientists' careers have been ruined, understandably so, and many dare not speak out for fear of the same. It has literally happened. No conspiracy needed. Though, Climategate (leaking of e-mails between prominent climate scientists in the UK) effectively proved beyond any reasonable doubt there is literal conspiracy at some level.

Believe me, I do care about the climate. As my papa says, we're stewards of the earth who have an obligation to posterity. Likewise, we have destroyed any chance the future generation has by saddling them with impossible trillions of unfunded liabilities from the welfare state. I'd like to say, if one wishes to be consistent, we must abolish social security. Of course, this all depends on what theory of economics one subscribes to: if Keynesian, we owe it to ourselves and we can just pay it all off later as the incredible wealth generated from full employment will gain us more than enough to... The math is out, though. There is no escape. Unless, one repudiates the debt in its entirety, and what a financial calamity that would be to the dollar's reputation! I dissent from the Keynesian view, and the climate alarmist's views.

I don't disagree with your intentions. Please understand this, I care about people and love them. I've only detailed what pushed me to a climate skeptical position, precisely that conspicuous suppression of dissent, and put that forward as a reason to doubt the solemnity and impartiality of the "consensus". People are far too quick to parrot the official line of the scientific establishment, and that hurts scientific progress.
But, I suppose to some that is besides the important discussion in all of this, so I stake my claim: there is considerable reason to doubt the mainstream views on anthropogenic climate warming, and legion reasons to de-politicize science.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I really, really wish Mega Evolutions are not a one time gimmick. Please.

And if we can't have Mega evolutions, can we at least have new evolutions of past gen pokémon? That was one of my favourite things about Gen IV. It helped make a lot of formerly unviable and useless Pokémon actually worth it.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

And if we can't have Mega evolutions, can we at least have new evolutions of past gen pokémon? That was one of my favourite things about Gen IV. It helped make a lot of formerly unviable and useless Pokémon actually worth it.
Some Pokemon would kill just to get a Mega or just a normal evolution.
But alas...

Some will probably never get a chance...

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
Some Pokemon would kill just to get a Mega or just a normal evolution.
But alas...

Some will probably never get a chance...
Would actually be quite great if Dunsparces evolution would be some kind of ultimate dragon with the highest base stats in the entire game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Would actually be quite great if Dunsparces evolution would be some kind of ultimate dragon with the highest base stats in the entire game.
Imagine if Dunsparces was actually Arceus or Mew all along.
He took the form of the worst Pokemon ever just so he could be sure that nobody will catch him.
A godly plan if I can say so...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Since the Eviolite exists, to maintain consistency with past generations, older generation Pokemon pretty much won't get any new evolutions, unless they're already able to evolve before the 5th generation. Eevee could already evolve before Sylveon existed, but for a Pokemon like Dunsparce, it would have to hope for a mega evolution. In fact, mega evolutions are pretty much given to fully evolved Pokemon or Pokemon who can't evolve at all.

Of course, pre-evolutions can still be a thing.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since the Eviolite exists, to maintain consistency with past generations, older generation Pokemon pretty much won't get any new evolutions, unless they're already able to evolve before the 5th generation. Eevee could already evolve before Sylveon existed, but for a Pokemon like Dunsparce, it would have to hope for a mega evolution. In fact, mega evolutions are pretty much given to fully evolved Pokemon or Pokemon who can't evolve at all.

Of course, pre-evolutions can still be a thing.
I fail to see why Eviolite would be an impediment.

And given the type of balance changes we've seen in Gen VI and Gen VII, the Pokémon Company doesn't seem to care that much about consistency.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I fail to see why Eviolite would be an impediment.

And given the type of balance changes we've seen in Gen VI and Gen VII, the Pokémon Company doesn't seem to care that much about consistency.
The Evolite boosts the defense and special defense values of a Pokemon who can evolve by 1.5x. That item has no effect on fully evolved Pokemon, nor Pokemon who can't evolve at all.

Since Dunsparce can't use the Eviolite, it would be eligible for receiving a mega evolution. There was an idea that I recently had for it as well.

Mega Dunsparce
Type: Normal/Ground
Ability: Sand Force
HP: 100 (0)
Attack: 130 (+60)
Defense: 90 (+20)
SP ATK: 65 (0)
SP DEF: 75 (+10)
Speed: 55 (+10)
Total: 515 (+100)

Zoralls

End my existence please.
The Evolite boosts the defense and special defense values of a Pokemon who can evolve by 1.5x. That item has no effect on fully evolved Pokemon, nor Pokemon who can't evolve at all.

Since Dunsparce can't use the Eviolite, it would be eligible for receiving a mega evolution. There was an idea that I recently had for it as well.

Mega Dunsparce
Type: Normal/Ground
Ability: Sand Force
HP: 100 (0)
Attack: 130 (+60)
Defense: 90 (+20)
SP ATK: 65 (0)
SP DEF: 75 (+10)
Speed: 55 (+10)
Total: 515 (+100)
If they re-buff weather in the new gen this would be a cool way to make sand decent again, I love the idea! But, I was kinda hoping for something like this personally.

Mega Dunsparce
Type : Dragon / Normal
Ability : Unaware
HP : 100 (0)
Attack : 100 (+30)
Defense : 90 (+20)
Sp. ATK : 70 (+5)
Sp. DEF : 65 (0)
Speed : 105 (+60)
TOTAL : 530 (+115)

This would make Dunsparce a really strong threat and would offer a good check to Pokémon who set up super hard then sweep. It would leave him with a weakness in Sp. DEF so you would be able to take him out with like an Alolan Ninetails or a strong Special Attacker using Ice Beam, but it also makes him a big offensive threat and makes Ice Beam all the more needed on most teams.

Dunsparce would also gain access to new Dragon type stab moves in Dragon Pulse, Dragon Tail, Dragon Claw, Outrage and Draco Meteor. For new generic moves, it would get Extreme Speed, Play Rough, Flame Thrower, Hyper Voice. Allowing for it to potentially build in a mixed attacker path every once and a while making for more versatility in the Pokémon.

Overall, I think this would reward a group of people who have loved this cute little fellow for a long time while also mixing up the meta and making something people need to stay alert for and have an answer to.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Zoralls Zoralls : The reason why my Mega Dunsparce concept has it being Normal/Ground is because of its affiliation of burrowing underground, and it can learn Drill Run. Also, you'd not only get STAB for Earthquake, but the Sand Force boost during a Sandstorm would give the attack an extra punch, and boost Rock Slide's base power as well.

The main downside with the concept, however, is the base 55 speed, which would pretty much keep it from being too powerful.

Zoralls

End my existence please.
Mario & Sonic Guy Mario & Sonic Guy ah okay! I much prefer your idea now, it fits Dunsparce better and doesn't make it blatantly ridiculously strong. Thanks for explaining it to me!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
However, they can just no longer have the Eviolite work on Dunsparce in later games when it can regularly evolve. It's not inconsistent. If it can't even be brought back to earlier games, it can't even be broken in a previous one using this combination.

It really wouldn't be a problem, honestly.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I think they want to expand outside of megas for Z moves atm, but I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some things return from the past.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
>When you train go at the EXACT time you press the button to open the door and the door doesn't happen.
3f3.jpg

I seriously ask sometime if the universe is against me or so.
Anyway, how ya gonig here?

Zoralls

End my existence please.
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X That sounds quite rough friendo! Hope you manage to get where you need to go!

As far as how I'm doing, I'm quite tired and excited to get back home after a week of visiting my family. It will be fun to get back and start labbing Sheik more and to get Pokémon Sun two days after I return!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Shop X Metal Shop X That sounds quite rough friendo! Hope you manage to get where you need to go!

As far as how I'm doing, I'm quite tired and excited to get back home after a week of visiting my family. It will be fun to get back and start labbing Sheik more and to get Pokémon Sun two days after I return!
Oh don't worry, I am already where I wanted to be, my house that is.
It's just that seeing a train go as you press the button to open door just give you a really salty taste in your mouth, on the moment atleast.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I finish 2 Wikipedia articles in one day. Haah, I'm beat.

Now to work on finishing the articles on Kana, Kanji, and all that. The Hindi Wikipedia articles on them are basically empty.

Top Bottom