• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I know, That's So Raven was Disney's first attempt to create an American Anime, and they did so well, BUT, when Cory in The House appeared everything changed, even Nickelodeon copied Disney with Avatar, a ****ty rip-off of That's So Raven, I mean, Japan needs to learn from Disney Channel. But, as DBS is really good, I'm sure this 'That's So Raven 2', is going to be even better than the original!
This isn't your average everyday ****posting. This is advanced ****posting.

C- for effort.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
JayE JayE

10/10 avatar. Leaf looks so good in that picture.

Wish Nintendo acknowledged her existence.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
No discussion on a potential Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch?

Chances are if they're doing what they're clearly doing with MK8, they'll be releasing an updated port with more characters and features. Possibly a deluxe edition with all the DLC and maybe even more playable characters.

The addition of Inklings and a Splatoon stage would be the first thing I imagine to get people on board. Considering the Switch has USB ports I'm thinking that'll obviously support the controller adapter. Smash for the Switch is inevitable and I'd like to start speculating.

Wish Crash Bandicoot could be in and whenever he wins a team battle he and his entire team do the Crash dance.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No discussion on a potential Smash Bros. for Nintendo Switch?

Chances are if they're doing what they're clearly doing with MK8, they'll be releasing an updated port with more characters and features. Possibly a deluxe edition with all the DLC and maybe even more playable characters.

The addition of Inklings and a Splatoon stage would be the first thing I imagine to get people on board. Considering the Switch has USB ports I'm thinking that'll obviously support the controller adapter. Smash for the Switch is inevitable and I'd like to start speculating.

Wish Crash Bandicoot could be in and whenever he wins a team battle he and his entire team do the Crash dance.

Yeah, Inklings would be the most obvious thing to add to a Smash Port or sequel. If it's a port, then we have less to worry about when it comes to the current 3rd party characters. I think Simon Belmont or Bomberman are the only "major" ones that haven't been in any yet. Though I'd like to see other fighting game characters, since it's always fun to see how they transition into other styles.

I do hope a chunk of the 3DS stages come over to the Switch version is a port happens, it'd obviously be based on the Wii-U version in many ways.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
JayE JayE

10/10 avatar. Leaf looks go good in that picture.

Honestly, I think Leaf has as much of a chance as being a canon in-game character as Shadow Pokemon are integrated into the main games. Being not at all.

She could at least appear in more spin-offs. :/

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
JayE JayE

10/10 avatar. Leaf looks so good in that picture.

Finally, a JPEG version of this picture. The one on KYM were just not working.

Oh and, how ya going? Me, I heard that the world of Speedrunning isn't going well from what I heard. But I could be wrong, still, it's kinda sad if this is true...

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I know right? She's so pretty. :love:
Too bad she's not shown in the anime/games and only the manga (I think)
Credit goes to @chocogrotto on Twitter, thats where I found this picture. https://twitter.com/chocogrotto
I know, I got the image from his twitter. Should have linked him, my bad.

----------------

Meanwhile, Diwali celebrations are in full force here. I always feel like a child again when these celebrations happen. :laugh:

Good times.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
I know, I got the image from his twitter. Should have linked him, my bad.

----------------

Meanwhile, Diwali celebrations are in full force here. I always feel like a child again when these celebrations happen. :laugh:

Good times.
oh so you already saw it before this? Oh ok. I mean it is pretty popular on twitter right now lol. Also Happy Diwali!

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
oh so you already saw it before this? Oh ok. I mean it is pretty popular on twitter right now lol. Also Happy Diwali!
So you've seen this pic too then?

I never cared that much about Leaf before but after seeing these two pictures I wish she was in SM too. Funny how fan art can do that. The artstyle is really like Sugimori's, it's almost creepy.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
So you've seen this pic too then?

I never cared that much about Leaf before but after seeing these two pictures I wish she was in SM too. Funny how fan art can do that. The artstyle is really like Sugimori's, it's almost creepy.
Yep I've seen that as well. I heard of Leaf before, but I didn't really acknowledge her until these surfaced. Thats mainly because I don't pay attention to the manga, mainly the games and a little of the anime.
Fan art is awesome.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Yeah, Inklings would be the most obvious thing to add to a Smash Port or sequel. If it's a port, then we have less to worry about when it comes to the current 3rd party characters. I think Simon Belmont or Bomberman are the only "major" ones that haven't been in any yet. Though I'd like to see other fighting game characters, since it's always fun to see how they transition into other styles.

I do hope a chunk of the 3DS stages come over to the Switch version is a port happens, it'd obviously be based on the Wii-U version in many ways.
Bomberman would be cool and his inclusion makes a little more sense to me than Simon Belmont as he's both more marketable and has a substantially richer history across Nintendo platforms (each Nintendo platform since the NES had like, what, five Bomberman games each?) He's not an original Konami character though so I don't think it'd be fair to call him a Konami rep. He should be a Hudson rep. If I had to pick a Konami rep other than Snake it would be Goemon or Sparkster. They seem much more suited to Smash, Goemon is practically begging to be in the game.

And yeah, I really want the 3DS Pac-Man and F-Zero stages to come over to the home console version.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yep I've seen that as well. I heard of Leaf before, but I didn't really acknowledge her until these surfaced. Thats mainly because I don't pay attention to the manga, mainly the games and a little of the anime.
Fan art is awesome.
But Leaf is in the games.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
she is? I thought she only appeared in the manga. If she was in the games then its the games I never really played or I don't remember because I was too young or something.
Shes the female choice for fire red and leaf green.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
she is? I thought she only appeared in the manga. If she was in the games then its the games I never really played or I don't remember because I was too young or something.
She's the female playable character in FireRed and LeafGreen.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
She's the female playable character in FireRed and LeafGreen.
Ah. Well I never owned those games, only played it on my friends copy and they chose the male protagonist.. lol rip
But I was saying that if Leaf was a character that you could talk to and interact with, not a character you can play as.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Leaf isn't acknowledged outside of those two games to the actual point that most other protagonists have an anime counterparts, but she still lacks one. Kris/Krystal has two(Kris and Lyra), as does Gold as well. Red only has one anime counterpart, being Ash, of course.

iMgod

Smash Rookie
NNID
ParaPopulace
A Super Smash Bros NX Port would honestly not be the best idea. Knowing Nintendo they'd add characters that would outrage fans because it's not the ones they wanted. Also I think it's about time to let the series die down before it starts rehashing the exact same thing over and over like other major game series like Call of Duty.

When Smash 4 came out I was honestly uneasy because it was taking a step in the wrong direction: It was made TOO user-friendly. I was able to learn the game's mechanics in 24 hours. While in previous games it took me atleast a week just to get the HANG of the controls. But in Smash 4 I was already relatively decent after a single day.

Another problem was it's For Glory matchmaking. It was based on your Global Smash Record. You know, the thing no one cares about.

Smash 4 honestly just had alot of flaws and another installment would probably make worse mistakes.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
A Super Smash Bros NX Port would honestly not be the best idea. Knowing Nintendo they'd add characters that would outrage fans because it's not the ones they wanted. Also I think it's about time to let the series die down before it starts rehashing the exact same thing over and over like other major game series like Call of Duty.
There's always been characters added that people wanted in, and there will still continue to be, and the fact that the ballot is being used for future Smash's is proof of that. Also, Smash usually comes out once every few years (the difference between Melee and Brawl and 4 were all about 7 years) while franchises like Call of Duty come out once a year, and even then, Call of Duty does put some pretty cool things in every once in a while.

When Smash 4 came out I was honestly uneasy because it was taking a step in the wrong direction: It was made TOO user-friendly. I was able to learn the game's mechanics in 24 hours. While in previous games it took me atleast a week just to get the HANG of the controls. But in Smash 4 I was already relatively decent after a single day.
Umm... I think that's a good thing...

Another problem was it's For Glory matchmaking. It was based on your Global Smash Record. You know, the thing no one cares about.
I kinda agree with this. For Glory had plenty of problems, matchmaking being the biggest. I think we need a different way of approaching user ranks so then people can go against players near their own skill. God knows how many times I've destroyed someone and other's destroyed me. :laugh:
Smash 4 honestly just had alot of flaws and another installment would probably make worse mistakes.
It had a lot of flaws (like Smash Run not being on the Wii U) but it also did an incredible amount of things right. I think a port with more characters, more stages (some ported from the 3DS) and more modes would be incredible. I'd really like to see Race to the Finish and Story Mode back.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Are you sure you didn't just get use to Smash by the time 4 came out, allowing you to pick it up easier?

I struggle to believe anyone could take a week to get hang of the controls, since Smash is such a simple game to pick up. But then again, we're all different. Lord knows despite how easily me and others have picked it up, others stuggle to grasp the idea of a fighting game with no restrictions to movement, or even the button + direction control method.

Also, when was it stated that GSP is used to matchmake? As far as I'm concerned, that has nothing to do with For Glory, since it's used for highscores in 1P modes. From my experiences if there is any matchmaking, it's based on win rates because whenever I get mine really high, I only face people who kick my ass. This could just be confirmation bias but I seem to face inexperienced players or people around my skill level more often when my win rate drops a bit.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I would not compare Smash to Call of Duty just because Smash Wii U might get a Switch Port. They're (possibly) releasing a Switch Smash because Nintendo knows not many people bought a Wii U which lead to not many people buying Smash Wii U. The Switch was made to fix the flaws of what the Wii U suffered from and thus drawing in those who missed out of a new console Super Smash Bros. game. It can't be a brand new installment either because Smash isn't an easy game to make quickly and we have no word on what Sakurai is doing.

While Call of Duty is just more about quantity and profit over quality.

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Literally adding any character will piss off someone cause they'd have wanted someone else. So **** them and just add who he wants.

D

Deleted member

It had a lot of flaws (like Smash Run not being on the Wii U) but it also did an incredible amount of things right. I think a port with more characters, more stages (some ported from the 3DS) and more modes would be incredible. I'd really like to see Race to the Finish and Story Mode back.
I don't really know how would Smash Run would work on a home console without having to deal with ant-sized characters (perhaps an exaggeration) in four-player splitscreens which are small, resulting in lots of distractions, possible frame rate drops, and a few other issues I can't name at the moment.

The mode really was made with the 3DS hardware capabilities in mind, so I just don't see it.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I don't know would smash run on bigger screen work or not, but at least one change that needs to be made is that the ending game mode needs to be chosen by the players.
I don't want to play high launch smash (if there even was such a mode, I don't remember very well) if i can kill anyone without it, and i definitely don't want to run when I can kill anyone.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I don't really know how would Smash Run would work on a home console without having to deal with ant-sized characters (perhaps an exaggeration) in four-player splitscreens which are small, resulting in lots of distractions, possible frame rate drops, and a few other issues I can't name at the moment.

The mode really was made with the 3DS hardware capabilities in mind, so I just don't see it.
Agreed. Smash Run is not like Kirby Air Ride's City Trial, where split screen gameplay is manageable.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
You're thinking of Green (Blue in Japan, inverted with the rival since Japan had Red/Green as opposed to Red/Blue versions).

She showed up in the original concept art for the games, but was never playable.

In the manga, during the FR/LG arc, she adopted Leaf from the games' clothes/design. A similar thing happened when Crystal adopted Lyra's outfit during the HG/SS arc.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
H-H-Happy Halloween! That the spooky skeleton that haunt the night give you a great time!

Me, I'm just gonna to complain about my life and lurking the web.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Oh, yeah. I forgot it was multiplayer. I always did it on solo. :lol:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm getting back to my Dr. Mario series obsession again.

Someone datamined Dr. Mario 64. If the unused text tells us anything, Dr. Mario 64 was possibly going to have characters from the traditional Super Mario series rather than from Wario Land 3 (why they chose that game for characters to put in a Dr. Mario game I still have no clue).

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Not sure how anyone feels about this, but Klonoa is getting an animated movie. It could be alright I guess, never got too deep into the series though.

And hey, the next Pokken character is getting shown off soon. Who is likely to be Empoleon.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
And hey, the next Pokken character is getting shown off soon. Who is likely to be Empoleon.
Nope, it's Croagunk. That pretty much leaves us with one more possible character. It would definitely be disturbing if Greninja doesn't make the cut, especially after all of those Ash-Greninja advertisements.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It would have been nice if we got Heracross for Pokken Tournament. Expecting Greninja as well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nope, it's Croagunk. That pretty much leaves us with one more possible character. It would definitely be disturbing if Greninja doesn't make the cut, especially after all of those Ash-Greninja advertisements.
Been away from my computer for a while. Surprised it wasn't the last character who's name was in the leaks. Still Croagunk is a interesting choice, given it's already an assist. I do hope either Greninja or Empoleon make it in. It'd be nice to see another water type. Even though Fire type is my favorite, we have Charizard, Blaziken, Braxian and Chandelure all playable right now.

If another assist is playable, I'd like to see Froakie if we can't get Greninja. Or Dragonite.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Croagunk's name was in the leaks, it was just dismissed because it was already a support. With that said, Empoleon is still just as likely being saved for another date.

Top Bottom