• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Smash Wii U/3DS Social 7.0

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
While on the subject of Pokemon Sun and Moon, I did read some info that states that Water Shuriken is a special attack now. If only Diamond Storm can be changed into a special attack as well, because Diancie lacks any Rock-type special attacks, and mixed sets just don't exactly cut it.

JayE

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule and Altea, the universes of Zelda and FE
NNID
PinoyPlayerJ
3DS FC
2982-0290-3968
While on the subject of Pokemon Sun and Moon, I did read some info that states that Water Shuriken is a special attack now. If only Diamond Storm can be changed into a special attack as well, because Diancie lacks any Rock-type special attacks, and mixed sets just don't exactly cut it.
Mixed Diancie and Mega Diancie sets work because Diancie has equal base attack and sp. attack and definitely can make use of both attack and sp. atk. They are good because they can have more coverage against Pokemon that specialize in only one defense. There's a reason people run mixed Fire Blast sets on Pokemon like Garchomp or Tyranitar to cover a potential Skarmory, for example. If mixed sets didn't cut it, I don't think Diancie would be in OU. Some other Pokemon that work well with mixed sets - Groudon, Eelektross, Talonflame,Thundurus, Tornadus, Infernape.
Mixed sets are definitely a viable option

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mixed Diancie and Mega Diancie sets work because Diancie has equal base attack and sp. attack and definitely can make use of both attack and sp. atk. They are good because they can have more coverage against Pokemon that specialize in only one defense. There's a reason people run mixed Fire Blast sets on Pokemon like Garchomp or Tyranitar to cover a potential Skarmory, for example. If mixed sets didn't cut it, I don't think Diancie would be in OU. Some other Pokemon that work well with mixed sets - Groudon, Eelektross, Talonflame,Thundurus, Tornadus, Infernape.
Mixed sets are definitely a viable option
What I mean is that by going 128/128/252 on your EV spread, you're basically giving up some attack power that could mean the difference between a quick KO or not. Sure, if your only special attack is an attack that lowers the user's special attack stat (such as Overheat, Draco Meteor, and Leaf Storm), you can probably get away with not having any special attack EV investment.

And it should be noted that a nature that hinders Diancie's defense or special defense isn't exactly a good thing. And a speed hindering nature should only be used if you're not going to be using Mega Diancie, because while a base 50 speed may not be worth any speed EV investment, a base 110 speed really can't be neglected.

I will say though, that mixed sets can work out better when you don't have to worry about speed EV investment, as you can implement 252 EVs onto attack and special attack.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
In this decade of wonderfull anime remakes and reboots, like Dragon Ball Super, the actress Raven Symoné announced a sequel to the prequel of the most beloved anime series Cory in the House, That's So Raven:

So excited to see this new anime series, I hope they make a new manga, like DBS.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So, what is everyone up to?

Twitter is just exploding over the No Man's Sky stuff. Someone from Hello games (supposedly Sean Murray himself) tweeted that the game was a mistake.

Given the reviews it has been sitting on, I sort of feel bad for the team, although it did embody a lot of stuff people see as wrong with gaming today, such as pre-order culture and overhype.

And here we are.

Last edited:

Arrei

Smash Lord
Sitting here at work trying not to die before the weekend. I have just been completely blasted out all week. Still got a bootyload of papers to grade. Uggggghhhhh.

No Man's Sky really does vindicate my attitude towards gaming "culture", though. When I first heard about it my reaction was basically "Okay, that sounds cool, hope they won't screw it up", and now here we are post-screw.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Had anyone saw recent Abadango's stream? I heard that he might come to my country Taiwan. Not sure if it's true or not.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Twitter is just exploding over the No Man's Sky stuff. Someone from Hello games (supposedly Sean Murray himself) tweeted that the game was a mistake.

Given the reviews it has been sitting on, I sort of feel bad for the team, although it did embody a lot of stuff people see as wrong with gaming today, such as pre-order culture and overhype.

And here we are.
Never heard of that game. But if what you're saying is true, I'm better off not knowing anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Never heard of that game. But if what you're saying is true, I'm better off not knowing anyway.
imo you should. It's better to be informed, after all.

Don't have to play it. Just look at how the game's pre-release hype, actual release and the subsequent backlash unfolded.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

And here we are.
So did any of them address the magical disappearence of announced content (like multiplayer) or not?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So did any of them address the magical disappearence of announced content (like multiplayer) or not?
Sean Murray has been completely silent for the last couple of months I hear.

This incident prompted him to speak up and clarify (and they even fudged that - some say their account was hacked, others say it was a disgruntled employee *shrug*), and basically it seems like the team has had a hard time coping with the vast amount of criticism. Most people expect him to go silent again.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

And here we are.
Well, I guess someone finally realize that keeping everything in the dark was now only giving them a even worst image than before. So, while he perfectly describe the game as it is. I respect this guy for having guts and saying how he feel about it.

As for me, I recently fell in love with Don't Hug Me I'm Scared. A serie that I wish I was interest when the hype was still going.
But good lord, this show give me nightmare and wonderful ideas for my own stories! (Too bad however that my drawning are just meh for my ideas. And that my writing is just average...)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

And here we are.
I had hopes for it. But when you make your game out to be as this galaxy sized epic, there's a good chance you won't deliver. And with how much was promised, the chances of disappointment are only going to be greater. I can only hope the devs learn from the experience and continue to grow as game makers. But who knows.

This is why we don't pre-order, folks.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
imo you should. It's better to be informed, after all.

Don't have to play it. Just look at how the game's pre-release hype, actual release and the subsequent backlash unfolded.
I've pretty much seen how Mario Tennis Ultra Smash became a huge disappointment. No single player tournament, and its roster amount is tied with that of N64 Mario Tennis (excluding Transfer Pak exclusives). I could go even further with the bad balancing of the character types, and an even bigger sin is making Bowser Jr. use his Junior Clown Car when he could easily play Tennis without it.

From this...

...to this. Bowser Jr. is becoming quite lazy.

My last complaint is more of a personal opinion, but when I visioned Rosalina playing Tennis, she looks a lot more like a Tricky-type character.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've pretty much seen how Mario Tennis Ultra Smash became a huge disappointment. No single player tournament, and its roster amount is tied with that of N64 Mario Tennis (excluding Transfer Pak exclusives). I could go even further with the bad balancing of the character types, and an even bigger sin is making Bowser Jr. use his Junior Clown Car when he could easily play Tennis without it.

From this...

My last complaint is more of a personal opinion, but when I visioned Rosalina playing Tennis, she looks a lot more like a Tricky-type character.
Ultra Smash's main problem was really its lack of content. Considering the GC version had so much content, Ultra Smash felt empty for too many people.
The roster is the main draw for these casual games, after all. The gameplay, on the other hand, was actually praised by those who gave the game a try.

Though we did get some Ultra (heh) high resolution artwork for the characters, which I'm grateful for.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Ultra Smash was just a run-of-the-mill mediocre game. No Man's Sky went above and beyond in its mediocrity, promising mountains upon mountains of features that were simply nowhere to be found.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ultra Smash's main problem was really its lack of content. Considering the GC version had so much content, Ultra Smash felt empty for too many people.
The roster is the main draw for these casual games, after all. The gameplay, on the other hand, was actually praised by those who gave the game a try.

Though we did get some Ultra (heh) high resolution artwork for the characters, which I'm grateful for.
It also feels disturbing whenever a Wii U title has less contents than an N64 title.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Hello Games' twitter account was hacked.
That or it wasn't and they're just saying it was but I kinda doubt that.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hello Games' twitter account was hacked.
That or it wasn't and they're just saying it was but I kinda doubt that.
I believe it's damage control.

Some say it was Sean himself, some say it was a disgruntled employee. Who knows.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In this decade of wonderfull anime remakes and reboots, like Dragon Ball Super, the actress Raven Symoné announced a sequel to the prequel of the most beloved anime series Cory in the House, That's So Raven:

So excited to see this new anime series, I hope they make a new manga, like DBS.
This would be like the third or fourth sit-com that's getting a sequel. I'm starting to think this "nostalgia" trend we're in is going to die down in the next year or two. People are gonna get sick of it, aside from the occasional series. That's what trends do.

A few years ago, a bunch of western cartoons tried to be "Anime". First Person shooters were everywhere, before that, mascot platformers cashing in on Mario/Sonic/(kind of)Mega Man. Now it's moreso Open-World games that has everyone's wallets. Can't help but want a healthy dose of everything rather than too much of one or two genres.

Though for this one, at least it isn't a remake of something from the 80's or 90's. DBS is alright though, better than GT. It's slowly been getting better. But I could take it or leave it either way honestly.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So I just installed a mod pack on SSB4.
And if any of you read this, if you could play some Smash, it will be good for me so that I cant test everything.
If not, have a good day.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283

From this...

I forgot this game even existed.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371

And here we are.
Was that tweet removed?
I can't find it. And here I thought that I might have gotten a chuckle out of the amount of likes on that tweet.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I recently tested out the Drastic Emulator demo on my Galaxy S5 with a couple ds games, including TWEWY.

Holy crap, it's ridiculously good. It's a "drastic" upgrade from the DeSmuME emulator on my Mac. Instantly bought the app so that I can properly play TWEWY and Phantom Hourglass.

So yeah, Mac's touchpad can only do so much. It didn't sit right with me that I was still E ranking battles on Day 3 in the game and that I couldn't sell pins at the shop, so ofc I'm starting all over on a much, MUCH better emulator. Never thought obtaining A rank in battles would feel THIS good. I'm still blind past Day 2, so no spoilers, plz. It's a great game so far, and I plan to finish it.

Yoshi-hara

The Good Dinosaur
NNID
jpkurihara
3DS FC
4227-1292-9283
Speaking of One Man's Lie, I played it and wow, it's annoying.
>75% life support remaining
"LIFE SUPPORT LOW"
"INVENTORY FULL"
"LIFE SUPPORT CRITICAL"
"INVENTORY FULL"
"INVENTORY FULL"
"WEAPON RECHARGED"
I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING ROBOT VOICE, STFU FOR A SECOND
Also, why do your upgrades take inventory space? WHY DO YOUR UPGRADES TAKE INVENTORY SPACE?!?
Seriously, your inventory's already pathetically small and you have to clutter it further.
That's just so anti-player it's disgusting.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
This weekend I got to try out Darkrai and Scizor in Pokken Tournament at an arcade.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Did anyone notice the X mark next to the shrink button in Youtube app?
Screenshot_2016-10-30-12-07-20-447_com.google.android.youtube.png

I pressed it and it doesn't do anything…

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Some one made a really cool remix for DBZ Supersonic Warriors. I still have that on GBA. And it's nice to have a remix you don't see often.

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
This would be like the third or fourth sit-com that's getting a sequel. I'm starting to think this "nostalgia" trend we're in is going to die down in the next year or two. People are gonna get sick of it, aside from the occasional series. That's what trends do.

A few years ago, a bunch of western cartoons tried to be "Anime". First Person shooters were everywhere, before that, mascot platformers cashing in on Mario/Sonic/(kind of)Mega Man. Now it's more so Open-World games that has everyone's wallets. Can't help but want a healthy dose of everything rather than too much of one or two genres.

Though for this one, at least it isn't a remake of something from the 80's or 90's. DBS is alright though, better than GT. It's slowly been getting better. But I could take it or leave it either way honestly.
I know, That's So Raven was Disney's first attempt to create an American Anime, and they did so well, BUT, when Cory in The House appeared everything changed, even Nickelodeon copied Disney with Avatar, a ****ty rip-off of That's So Raven, I mean, Japan needs to learn from Disney Channel. But, as DBS is really good, I'm sure this 'That's So Raven 2', is going to be even better than the original!

Last edited:
Top Bottom