• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
What if instead of Fighter Pass 2, we got an “expansion” which adds like a dozen new fighters. Like what Street Fighter used to do.

Almost certainly never gonna happen but if it did that would be so awesome.

I think the best thing it would open up would be the potential promotion of Assist Trophies and Spirits.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Etrian Odyssey Nexus comes out in February and that's basically all anyone should care about 2019 games.
Ah, I knew I was forgetting something. I kind of forgot that the 3DS existed in its entirety for a moment there.

I'll probably be a little distracted with life in February anyway though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
and now its 2019
and now no other place matters

not even california

D

Deleted member

I imagine that a new Smash as an NX launch title would have to be either an "ultimate edition" of Smash 4 with added modes, characters, stages etc. or as someone early suggested, a remake or rerelease of Melee.

I just don't think it's feasible to release a product nearly as complete as the one they have already within the allotted timescale, and moreover I don't see why you'd want to. My own personal gripes with the roster aside, you have an incredible cast of different characters here and it'd make sense to use them.

I trust Nintendo would add enough content into an "ultimate edition" and I have always thought Nintendo needed to release something like this or Mario Kart at launch to really sell their consoles, so I could see it working.
Is it just me is this eerily close

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Happy New Year to everyone.

Bring on the hypest Smash DLC the world has ever seen.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's 2019 over here in Florida right now.

Honestly, I am pretty frustrated that I crammed on writing my thoughts on Smash Ultimate in general.

I've been too busy playing Ultimate, MM3D, and DQ8 to bother writing.

At this point, sharing my thoughts on the November direct would feel pointless.

December was a terrible time for me, in terms of scheduling. :p
I've been playing Celeste, Ultimate, Let's Go, and now Skyrim and Dark Souls so I haven't had time to make my Steve writeup or any other projects. I feel your pain lol.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What's everyone's DLC predictions again? Mine are

Banjo-Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Erdrick
Joker (Confirmed)
Phoenix Wright
Piranha Plant (Confirmed)

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
What if instead of Fighter Pass 2, we got an “expansion” which adds like a dozen new fighters. Like what Street Fighter used to do.

Almost certainly never gonna happen but if it did that would be so awesome.

I think the best thing it would open up would be the potential promotion of Assist Trophies and Spirits.
I feel like they may actually do an "expansion" type-update sort of thing in the future, with a couple new (returning) modes and 3-4 new bosses being added. Maybe one or two new characters for free if we're really lucky.

Probably announce it in a Nintendo Direct alongside a DLC character trailer.

D

Deleted member

What's everyone's DLC predictions again? Mine are

Banjo-Kazooie
Crash Bandicoot
Erdrick
Joker (Confirmed)
Phoenix Wright
Piranha Plant (Confirmed)
I wouldn't call mine "predictions", as they're more like hopeful picks:
  • Doomguy
  • Dante
  • 2B
  • Ryu Hayabusa
  • Lloyd Irving

Last edited by a moderator:

RyuhoFox

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 1285-9221-5627
Honestly Im just hoping for at least a timeframe for Joker. It's hard to remain hyped for something when you have no idea when it will actually happen. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom