• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

The best voices in the Kirby anime were Dedede and the NME salesman.
Hey, Hey, Hey, Triple D! You called at just the right moment! We've received a new shipment of monsters for all of your Kirby clobbering endeavors!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Might as well prepare for how much I might use some characters. Updated from last time.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultroy::ultmegaman:
C: :ultrichter::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi:
D: :ultsnake::ultridley::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina::4miisword::4miibrawl:
E: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultfalcon:
F: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha::4miigun:
G: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpichu:
H: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

We need the rest of the different icons sometime. Who should I ask about this?
The more you use Pit the better for your soul
B97DA8EA-A880-4E76-BC73-91B478184F5A.jpeg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Might as well prepare for how much I might use some characters. Updated from last time.

S: :ultlink::ultgreninja::ultlucario::ultsonic::ultmewtwo:
A: :ultsimon::ultpit::ultmarth::ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
B: :ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultfox::ultroy::ultmegaman:
C: :ultrichter::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpokemontrainer::ultike::ultchrom::ultsheik::ultpikachu::ultincineroar::ultken::ultryu::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdarkpit::ultyoshi:
D: :ultsnake::ultridley::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultrobin::ultlucina::4miisword::4miibrawl:
E: :ultolimar::ultness::ultduckhunt::ultrob::ultkirby::ultbowser::ultvillager::ultmario::ultluigi::ultlucas::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultfalcon:
F: :ultdiddy::ultdk::ultdoc::ultkingdedede::ultjigglypuff::ultganondorf::ultpiranha::4miigun:
G: :ultrosalina::ulticeclimbers::ultisabelle::ultinkling::ultkrool::ultpichu:
H: :ultbayonetta::ultbowserjr::ultwiifittrainer::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdaisy:

Poor :ultzelda:'s feeling left out...

She isn't on the list at all...
When tf are they adding Viridi?
They need to add Hades first

I wouldn't allow otherwise

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
When tf are they adding Viridi?
When she decides she wants to fight...she’s too busy verbally murdering fighters and literally murdering humans
Poor :ultzelda:'s feeling left out...

She isn't on the list at all...

They need to add Hades first

I wouldn't allow otherwise
Inb4 Kid Icarus canon doesn’t bring Hades to Smash due to him not being brought back to life...still waiting for a 4th Kid Icarus game where Hades and Chaos Kin are somehow fused together while Pandora is somewhat good and leads her own Amazon Army

D

Deleted member

When she decides she wants to fight...she’s too busy verbally murdering fighters and literally murdering humans

Inb4 Kid Icarus canon doesn’t bring Hades to Smash due to him not being brought back to life...still waiting for a 4th Kid Icarus game where Hades and Chaos Kin are somehow fused together while Pandora is somewhat good and leads her own Amazon Army
He'll be back in 25 years.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Inb4 Kid Icarus canon doesn’t bring Hades to Smash due to him not being brought back to life
The dialogue you hear after waiting at the "The End" card for 5 minutes at the end of Uprising, begs to differ

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Ooh, can I try?

S::ultlink::ultzelda::ultpokemontrainer::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ultike:
A::ultkrool::ultfox::ultsonic::ultridley::ultmewtwo::ultpeach::ultdaisy:
B::ultrobin::ultwolf::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultisabelle::ultlucario::ultduckhunt:
C::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultroy::ultchrom::ultmegaman::ultsheik::ultyoshi::ultzss::ultincineroar::ultbayonetta::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultsamus::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultness::ultryu:
D::ultmarth::ultfalco::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultjigglypuff::ultgreninja::ultinkling::ultkirby::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmetaknight::ultvillager::ulticeclimbers::ulttoonlink::ultcorrin::ultpacman::ultlucina:
F::ultgnw::ultdarksamus::ultken::ultwario::ultkingdedede::ultdarkpit::ultdoc::ultolimar::ultrob::ultwiifittrainer::ultcloud::ultshulk:

I'm loving that Ganon is really good in this game. Zelda too. My years of maining the Zelda crew is finally starting to pay off. GnW however changed just enough that I have no clue what to do with him anymore - that new fair confuses me

Seconded! I need my Squirtle icon.

D

Deleted member

I've got 2 hours left before 2019.

Kingdom Hearts 3, Resident Evil 2 Remake, Devil May Cry 5, Doom Eternal, Serrkiro Shadows Die Twice, Nioh 2, and (hopefully) Metroid Prime 4 here I come!!!

D

Deleted member

Meta Knight needs Snake like codecs but with his crew from Kirby Super Star.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Jump Force for one. Basically Weekly Shonen Jump's answer to Nintendo's Super Smash Bros. Is there any other reason to not be excited for it!? :grin:

Why the heck hasn't it crossover with Super Smash Bros. yet especially being Namco makes them both (Well since only 4 with Smash)?

That being said though I thought 2018 was more exciting for games, next year I find more exciting for movies like Godzilla 2 and Avengers: Endgame.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
Happy New Year to those of you already in 2019!

I hate how inconsistent my skill level is. Yesterday I had an easy time boosting my score to get into Elite Smash. Then once I got in I was having a great time with it, it felt like it was just the right difficulty. Today I went on this massive losing streak, dropped out of Elite Smash, then lost about 300,000 points trying to get back in.

I think I have this huge weakness to getting tilted I need to get over. I just want to have fun playing but I always get super hung up on this game's scoring system no matter how hard I try to ignore it. I wish this game's score system was more like Pokken where it's actually fairly difficult to get bumped out of your current ranking.

Honestly the scoring system is pretty flawed, I wouldn't look at it as a very accurate way of telling how good someone is. The fact that it gets bumped by playing OTHER characters is something I'll never understand as well.

As for tilt, my best strategies for it are to take a short break or switch characters. I find that by constantly spamming matches wanting to break a losing streak I end up losing way more, so I stopped doing so. It's oftentimes that slight change in pace that helps me get out of a losing streak.

I wish we had a standard ladder/elo system, but either Sora or Bandai really don't want it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What games are you looking forward to next year?
Animal Crossing, Smash dlc, Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, maybe Persona 5 is they port it, and a little teeny tiny unknown game called-

POKEMON GENERATION 8

I've waited two years for this. It's time.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Found this really good Shulk player who really feels his character...is a mighty fine challenge

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Games are only the start. What movies are you guys excited for next year? I've got plenty.

Godzilla 2, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw, The Lion King, It: Chapter Two being among those.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Games are only the start. What movies are you guys excited for next year? I've got plenty.

Godzilla 2, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw, The Lion King, It: Chapter Two being among those.
Toy Story 4, Detective Pikachu, Aladdin, and How to Train your Dragon 3 to name a few
And maybe that Sonic movie, just because of how "so bad, it's good", it's looking
Found this really good Shulk player who really feels his character...is a mighty fine challenge
If he feels Shulk, that means he's really feeling it

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Unpopular opinion BTW got no interest in HTTYD3 since I thought the last movie was mediocre lacking the lightning in bottle the first had and the plot to the third looks a straight-to-DVD inserting the generic love interest especially of a different color.
Only movie I'm excited for is Avengers: Endgame. That and John Wick Chapter 3 if it's getting released next year.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Unpopular opinion BTW got no interest in HTTYD3 since I thought the last movie was mediocre lacking the lightning in bottle the first had and the plot to the third looks like its comes from a straight-to-DVD animated movie inserting the generic love interest especially of a different color. I'm calling it now the white night fury is gonna be on it with the villain eventually betraying Hiccup and Toothless only to turn on said villain in the end to side with them.

Also god forbid Pixar can't let an ending be an ending when the third Toy Story ended perfectly.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
What games are you looking forward to next year?
Full hype train: Animal Crossing Switch, Pokemon, FE Three Houses, Luigi's Mansion 3, Devil May Cry 5, Sekiro.

Cautiously watching: Jump Force,

I'm also VERY excited for the new Binding of Isaac expansion and Persona 5 R when it comes to expansions.

there's too much next year I don't have enough cash to buy it all

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Movies: Godzilla: King of the Monsters, Avengers: Endgame, Hobbs & Shaw, The Lion King, It: Chapter Two
Games: Jump Force, Mortal Kombat 11, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
So, we're all comparing out lists of what we're excited for? I'm just scared since I know 2019 is gonna be the saddest year for me - especially April. The two biggest things I'm waiting for are going down:
  1. Avengers: Endgame (please don't kill Cap...or at least make it good and don't **** it up)
  2. Game of Thrones final season (please do kill everyone except Arya)
I don't really have a 'games I'm looking forward to' list since my next hyper-anticipated game is still a ways off, but let's hope Bethesda's able to finally put this mess behind them instead of rushing TES6 and making it a ****show. And I'm still praying that I'll get some fun Smash DLC news, considering the only two characters I really want are really long shots.

Well, I'm signing off for the night and getting my fireworks ready, so have a happy new year everyone! See all of you in 2019, and best wishes for a great new year to all of you.

And since it's me, happy New Life festival, and be careful about summoning Clavicus Vile tomorrow - he's a bit of a trickster...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom