• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
If the creator of King K. Rool didn't know about his inclusion, it easily could be the case where only top management at MS knows, though in a perfect world I think it's only courtesy to let the creators of the characters know when they're being used in all cases. It just seems to be the right thing to do, even if it doesn't happen all the time.
K Rool is owned by Nintendo, not Rare and Microsoft.
Banjo is owned by Rare and Microsoft not Nintendo.

Sakurai can't get a character in Smash with out legal contracts and the owners consent. So in order for Banjo to get in Smash, Rare has to know about it. Whereas they wouldn't for K Rool since its owned by Nintendo. Look at Kamiya and Platinum games. They had to give consent to use Bayonetta in the game. They didn't just make a deal with Sega and surprise Kamiya when she was revealed.

So regardless Gregg knows 100% the fate of Banjo. The only question is if he shared this info with his brother who no longer works for Rare.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
It’s going to be wild if we get some characters that match up with the leak, but then we see the mural at the end and they look nothing like they are in the leak. How the hell would people react?

Untouch

Smash Master
It’s going to be wild if we get some characters that match up with the leak, but then we see the mural at the end and they look nothing like they are in the leak. How the hell would people react?
I'd double win then so I hope this is the case.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Oh boy we talking about voice actors? I’m actually one which is cool I guess. *cough* ok my opinion.
Honestly I think all the voice actors for smash did a great job. Not a single voice I didn’t like. Wish I could do voices like theirs lol.
A few nitpicks aside, I think Smash has pretty good voice lines. One of the reasons I liked Smash For newcomers so much.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Its degrees of separation. Gregg Mayles 100% knows whats going on with Banjo as hes a higher up at Rare. Gregg's brother Steve is both the creator of Banjo and works at Playtonic Games with Grant Kirkhope. Gregg 100% knows whats going on. Its very very plausible his brother knows. So if Steve knows is it impossible that Grant would know through association? Grant is extremely close to the source of info.
Grant is a freelancer, and still may not have been told about B-K's inclusion anyway.

Still, his comments on the leak may mean nothing, I dunno.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Or perhaps your parents were so hopelessly out of touch with gaming technology that they didn't even realize than an N64 and a Game Gear aren't the same thing...

(No, this hasn't happened to me — though my parents do tend to call all gaming systems "Nintendo" and constantly call DS systems "Game Boy" — but I'm sure it's happened to somebody.)
My dad used to call my Xbox 360 'the nintendo'and my wii u 'the xbox'.

I gotta cut him major slack tho, hes in his 70s. He also calls Sonic "Crash Bandicoot"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Especially considering I have some theories as to how Mach Rider could look like.

Inb4, Shadow is a Mach Rider echo.
Wouldn't be mad, honestly. It would satisfy every fan that doesn't want to see him do "cocky" moves.

Last edited:

Roberk

Smash Champion
Yuri Lowenthal is a great voice actor. The more games I play with him in it, the better.

The real travesty here is Ike’s new English voice actor.

It really doesn’t.
You better not be dissing Greg Chun's silky smooth voice.
I personally can't wait.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
When you really look at it, Shadow has a Motorcycle, and Shadow has a gun. So who’s to say that Mach Rider isn’t a photoshopped Shadow The Hedgehog?

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
While it really doesn't confirm it all true, why would the company still take down the video? It's really weird since it's also a point of presentation
Perhaps because the Smash fan base can become rather rabid and try to spam them? Not to mention that this company probably doesn’t even want to be further associated with this leak, real or fake.

This deletion of the video can easily be a coincidence. It doesn’t really give an argument for ether side.

D

Deleted member

I think we're all wrong here.

The toy Sakurai bought was clearly for Shadow, as this will most likely be his Final Smash:

D

Deleted member

My dad used to call my Xbox 360 'the nintendo'and my wii u 'the xbox'.

I gotta cut him major slack tho, hes in his 70s. He also calls Sonic "Crash Bandicoot"
My classmates only know Megaman because of the NT Warrior anime that was on TV years ago.

And the small sister of one of my friends claimed to have played Donkey Kong on PS4.

Darkmoone1

Smash Apprentice
You know between the whole video being deleted and the settings getting cross checked, I think we're starting to hit critical mass for this leak. It just keeps getting bigger and bigger...

Chrono.

I would bust a nut.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Imagine this:

Shadow is an echo, but:

-The "Chaos Control" Jon talked about is just his Final Smash
-He has Snake's side-B
That’d fit right in with Chrom since Chrom has an entirely new Final Smash too I’m pretty sure, but I’m certain that Chaos Control will be his Up B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom