• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
So then why delete it instead of releasing a statement?
We still don't know if APC is connected to Illumination and Universal or Nintendo.
Even if the mural is fake, the Grinch part may be real, they don't really want to make it look like an employee is mishandling resources.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace
Thinking about it now, the only explanation for a hoax would be that it's an intentional viral marketing ploy. It's possible I guess but APC would go under for it.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, you're not wrong, for some reason Japanese game devs at Nintendo are reluctant to use characters made by other people that aren't their own or the title mascots.
Hmmm, what games you know of had this occurred? My biggest gripe was with Diddy Kong missing out on Jungle Beat, where he really shouldn’t. Can’t think of many other instances that had this going on as badly.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Saw this 4chan screencap on Reddit.

I mean, someone could fake the work environment, but if this was faked in the office itself, that's a dead argument now.
vEYOFyb.png

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I’m just gonna say it again since the topic was brought up a few pages ago:

If what the Insiders saw was visual evidence of Incineroar’s inclusion, it all depends on what they saw. If it’s a Mural, then I don’t doubt that Nintendo would make multiple fake murals using random characters as “leak bait”, which could’ve included Incineroar. It seems unlikely, but its not impossible as Nintendo has the announcers record a bunch of random names as a way to try to curb leaks to the point Xander Mobus admitted himself he had no idea who was in Smash 4. It’d also explain Mystic saying “Some of the characters are in but mural isn’t what people have seen”, and Spawn Wave also saying some of the characters in the Grinch leak are in.

Now, if they’ve seen GAMEPLAY EVIDENCE of Incineroar being in, he’s undeniably in. Of course, he could’ve been moved to DLC or cut for whatever reason, but it seems unlikely. There’s an off chance rhey didnt know about the other characters too, but there’s no way that if they seen gameplay of Incineroar he wouldn’t be on this supposed final mural, unless he was moved to DLC which I wouldn’t bank on.

Not to mention Spawn mentioned another missing character but I’m pretty sure he’s referring to Sora who’s most likely DLC because again, I doubt the last character will be revealed a literal day before the game releases at the VGA when review copies have already been sent out, people more than likely would already have early copies, and it’d already be released in Japan. Sora would be a tough secret to keep.

However, the only people who even implied to see visual evidence are Liam and Ryce, and I’m certain Ryce didn’t mean actual visual evidence another comment he made implied he got a list of characters and their reveal dates that were proven true. Liam, who knows though. I don’t think insiders insisting that Incineroar is in or going to bat for their sources necessarily points to visual evidence though because insiders will always defend their sources heavily unless they’re faulty.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of voices, I hope they give us an option to turn Marth back to Japanese. It’s just feels so weird to have him in English after all these years.

D

Deleted member

On the topic of Banjo having bear noises, I've said this before and I'll say it again.

He won't have those.
"But Bowser and DK-"

Back when they were added to Smash, they were known for having more animalistic noises. While Diddy and K. Rool were added to Smash after this time period where they had more cartoonish voices, they followed suit in referencing the older pre-DK64 days to match DK when they debuted in Smash.

Banjo....never had a period where animalistic noises were the norm. He was always his "GAHYUK" self.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
We still don't know if APC is connected to Illumination and Universal or Nintendo.
Even if the mural is fake, the Grinch part may be real, they don't really want to make it look like an employee is mishandling resources.
Ironically, the Grinch himself is a huge reason why I doubt this leak. As far as we're aware, the only connection APC has to the movie industry is a single generic supermarket stand they made for various Disney movies.

Does anyone know who Illumination typically uses for their advertisements? Just taking a wild guess, but they're probably using the same companies to print material for their movies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Hat Goomba just seems like a very boring addition to the roster.

"Muh Kirby representation is incomplete without muh hat goomba"

Fulfilling some weird fan quota is the best reason to add him? Lame. Almost as lame as Sceptile fan base in Smash 4 because "we need a grass starter to complete the trifecta"
Well, Bandana Dee has distinct abilities over the regular Waddle Dee drones. If there was a Goomba in Mario games that served as the 4th playable character consistently with its own abilities, bet that character would also be popular. In fact, Toad is quite comparable to this.

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
And so Mr. Grinch's Wild Ride of Leaks continue...

Theres' no way to get off the ride! With all so much evidence pointing to the leak being real, the last thing we need is official confirmation from Nintendo or gameplay leak of new characters.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Indeed. I think the simplest explanation, based on what we know, is this has been leaked. But it's not implausible that a guy working on the Grinch at his new workplace decided to fake the Smash stuff (though with no connections to any of those studios, the Grinch stuff may have been faked as well, making it slightly more unlikely).

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
I dont know if Im late.

Apc just removed their promocional viddeo about their offices. One of the "evidencws" we had about the workplace and possible genuity of the leak.

I saw ir in reddit.

D

Deleted member

I gotta say, I found PushDustin's tweet about "stop being assholes" pretty laughable when he himself called someone an idiot for making a fake Akuma leak.

Stuff like this is why papagenos papagenos is on the rise, man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Untouch

Smash Master
Finding ACPs connections is really sketchy, they don't list them on their site, they don't seem to have a facebook page or anything either.
All we can use for info is their examples which haven't been updated since 2017.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmmm, what games you know of had this occurred? My biggest gripe was with Diddy Kong missing out on Jungle Beat, where he really shouldn’t. Can’t think of many other instances that had this going on as badly.
Supposedly, it's the reason why the Wario series overall came into being (which is a result of what happened when the Super Mario Land games were made, which didn't have much of the familiar Mario characters at the time).

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
So an employee possibly mishandling resources is somehow a bigger deal then possibly leaking the mother bleaping smash bros roster?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not Nintendo, but it happens all the time with Persona. It has like seven spin-offs but none of them feature characters from first games, since their writer doesn't work with ATLUS anymore. It's a respect thing, though it's kinda different from DKC.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I gotta say, I found PushDustin's tweet about "stop being ********" pretty laughable when he himself called someone an idiot for making a fake Akuma leak.

Either PapaGenos is going to look like a saint and all the Insiders are going to be simultaneously BTFO the likes we've ever seen, or theres going to be the biggest "Told ya so" in history and people like PapaGenos will become one of the biggest jokes of this episode arc.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I think it's fair for me to say that a lot of people here have moved to #TeamReal. There's just way too much evidence at this point.

So... should we invade Twitter and start begging asking Nintendo for fighter reveals? Because it beats going around in circles.

I mean, it's not like we'd be ruining anyone's life by doing that, unlike my earlier proposition of calling APC.

Untouch

Smash Master
So an employee possibly mishandling resources is somehow a bigger deal then possibly leaking the mother bleaping smash bros roster?
If the roster is fake, yes.
Keep in mind, the ESRB never made a statement either when that leaked.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Saw this 4chan screencap on Reddit.

I mean, someone could fake the work environment, but if this was faked in the office itself, that's a dead argument now.View attachment 172948
While I think the leak is real, I don't think this is a good argument. Those stuff can be done, and people are stupid, and management can be stupider. Though, the fact this is *likely* be involved with a studio, similar to studios that do work with game developers on advertisements (though with no known connections) is partly a reason for thinking it's likely in itself. Not by much, though.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I gotta say, I found PushDustin's tweet about "stop being ********" pretty laughable when he himself called someone an idiot for making a fake Akuma leak.

I get that harassment is bad and all, and I agree some people are acting like dolts about this, but I genuinely wonder how a lot of people who are complaining about this “toxic atmosphere” would’ve felt being on the wrong side of the ESRB. Because I still stand by that this leak looks like a peace treaty compared to the **** fest that was the ESRB leak

D

Deleted member

I think it's fair for me to say that a lot of people here have moved to #TeamReal. There's just way too much evidence at this point.

So... should we invade Twitter and start begging asking Nintendo for fighter reveals? Because it beats going around in circles.

I mean, it's not like we'd be ruining anyone's life by doing that, unlike my earlier proposition of calling APC.
Spamming Nintendo's Twitter won't accomplish anything.

They're not gonna move up their plans because a couple of people on social media are getting impatient.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868

Yes, they really need to hurry up while they still have a hype train to drive.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't see why Grant Kirkhope not being involved with the game is evidence that Banjo-Kazooie aren't in.

Grant is a freelancer and doesn't work exclusively for Rare; the Smash Bros. team probably hired another composer to do the music, making metal remixes or whatever other style these composers usually use. It's not the first time a composer arranged a cover of a different composer's music in Smash (and I'm sure there's multiple instances of this).

Anyway, I see the leak is still alive and possibly has evidence in its favor?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
-I expect Geno to be mute ala :ultolimar::ultvillager::ultpacman::ultmegaman:
-Ken will be voiced by Reuben Langdon for sure
-Shadow will have recycled Kirk Thornton clips from various games like :ultsonic:
-Knowing Sakurai, there’s a horribly likely chance Sakurai gives Banjo & Kazooie the :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultkrool: treatment unless he shows 3rd parties respect by giving their main voices and if Mircosoft/Rare requests him so.
-Dunno about Chorus Kids lol, probably generic cutesy voices
-Isaac will probably be given a new English VA or only have a JP VA like :ultcloud:
-Mach Rider will probably mute as well under the helmet like :ultsamus:
Reuben Langdon? Oh ****, that's right he does Ken too. Was thinking of Dante

Ehhhhh the reason Cloud doesn't speak English is cause his VA is a union actor and that would cost them more money. Same reason Palutena got recast and Anthonio Del Rio's not in 4's credits iirc

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
One thing I'd want to point out about APC not releasing a stament compared to Marina (was that the name of the other company? Sorry if it's not but it's what I'm calling it for the rest of this post).

Marina actually had ties to Bandai and Universal, and so they made a statement because they didnt want to lose that relationship with Bandai, specifically stating they'd love to work with them again in the future.

APC has no traceable relationship, SO, if it's fake they have no reason to come out and say anything, it's not like it'll hurt their relationship. Of course on the other hand if it were real they also probably couldn't legally make a statement. So means nothing either way that they haven't made a statement.
It's clearly hurting their reputation so I don't agree with you at all. There's no downside to them releasing a statement saying they aren't involved in Smash ultimate or whatever.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
Either PapaGenos is going to look like a saint and all the Insiders are going to be simultaneously BTFO the likes we've ever seen, or theres going to be the biggest "Told ya so" in history and people like PapaGenos will become one of the biggest jokes of this episode arc.
PapaGenos has been very humble throughout this, he hasn't called anyone names or anything. Even if the leak is fake I'll still watch PapaGenos videos

D

Deleted member

Speaking of voices, I hope they give us an option to turn Marth back to Japanese. It’s just feels so weird to have him in English after all these years.
I'm really scared for Roy. At least I'll have Chrom. I've never even heard Japanese Chrom.

Royalty1702

Smash Journeyman
Hat Goomba just seems like a very boring addition to the roster.

"Muh Kirby representation is incomplete without muh hat goomba"

Fulfilling some weird fan quota is the best reason to add him? Lame. Almost as lame as Sceptile fan base in Smash 4 because "we need a grass starter to complete the trifecta"
It can also be because people just want BWD in Smash rather than just some fan quota. Ever think of that?

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Every passing day the based grinch grows stronger - we are assuredly getting a reveal within the next two weeks, and all will be answered.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Japanese Chrom is the guy from Gintama and Joeseph Joestar. Chrom's a Jojo character regardless of his dub lol
If Japanese Chrom doesn’t say holy **** in broken english at least I’m boycotting this game

Edit: Though, I’m assuming he has young Joseph Joestar’s VA, so just have him say nice

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Only weeks could say such a thing.Nah, I’m kidding. All joking aside, I could care less about the language, I think finally having him subbed is an improvement in my opinion

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why Grant Kirkhope not being involved with the game is evidence that Banjo-Kazooie aren't in.

Grant is a freelancer and doesn't work exclusively for Rare; the Smash Bros. team probably hired another composer to do the music, making metal remixes or whatever other style these composers usually use. It's not the first time a composer arranged a cover of a different composer's music in Smash (and I'm sure there's multiple instances of this).
Grant also doesn't own the rights or royalties to the Banjo Kazooie soundtracks. So essentially, Rare can use the music he composed for the games in any way they please, both without his knowledge or permission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom