• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I don’t see why they would though. GS and RH are,IMO, important enough to have their own series listed.
You're right, I just remembered we already have at least 2 GS songs, and Isaac might bring at least 2 more.
And I guess RH is all about music, so it deserves it's own folder.

i think it's just the tiny stuff like Hanenbow, and one-shot games with 1 Main song that make it to the Other category.

Speaking of music and ryhthm.
Why still no Ouendan/EBA ATs, Sakurai?

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
ACP-PLV have apparently deleted the video showing their work environment which was heavily used as evidence to the Grinch leak being real.

1540561985090.png

IT'S HAPPENING LADS.

Wambo

Smash Ace
I’m a somewhat decent voice actor, and I tried giving Geno a voice and...
Someone could do it better than me.
I actually kind of think the guy who does TFS Trunks' voice would be perfect for Geno, but that's just me.

Geno seems like the kind of guy who would have a bit of "youth" in his voice.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I need a visual on this. Click on the video then look at Banjo.

...I'm not feeling it, and because of that you know Sakurai will go for it.
Once you see, you cannot unsee...

Once you hear, you cannot unhear...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

View attachment 172939
There isn't a music list leak, pretty sure this guy means this, which mentions mach rider, but it's not a new remix, it's the melee one
Hold on: "Wrecking Crew Medley (Brawl)?" When did that exist? Did they rename an existing song or something?

Also RIP Famicom Medley (Brawl), the superior Famicom Medley

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
A Banjo-Threeie isn't out of the realm of possibility. 20 years ago Banjo-Kazooie was released. 10 years ago Nuts & Bolts *shivers* was released. Though, announced this year would mean a couple years from now, already breaking that trend. No rumors, that I know of, and Rare specified on their anniversary that they have no announcement at that time, other than 20th anniversary merch (using their glorious N64 designs) and a **** all interview with Gregg that was more an ad for Sea of Thieves.

Somebody noticed Paul Machacek, who's a developer at Rare, listed Banjo-Threeie. Rare replied, "Paul. PAUL." Which I thought was cute.

That's pretty much it outside of musings. Gregg Mayles says he has no intention of being a part of a new Banjo game for the foreseeable future, though Rare could always license out the property to another developer. I think it's unlikely, I think, if anything, they'd do a remaster of the first two games like the N-Sane Trilogy, as was the original plan for Nuts & Bolts. But Threeie? I dunno, I just don't trust Rare at this time to make a Banjo game that remained true to their spirit. Though, with the success of Yooka-Laylee, it's probably been on their minds. If I had to choose, I'd rather Banjo be in Smash than a Banjo-Threeie, as I think Sakurai would stay true to their characters.

EDIT: Welp, this thread is moving fast. Guh-huh.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
ACP-PLV have apparently deleted the video showing their work environment which was heavily used as evidence to the Grinch leak being real.

View attachment 172941

IT'S HAPPENING LADS.
Kazooie as the horse is genius.

But nothing will beat the Chadondorf in term of hilarity for me, no matter if he know stuff or not, I still think it's the most hilarious thing we got out of this arc.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I actually kind of think the guy who does TFS Trunks' voice would be perfect for Geno, but that's just me.

Geno seems like the kind of guy who would have a bit of "youth" in his voice.
The voice I did for Geno, I tried to make him sound around his 20’s, and pretty serious. Also tried lapsing his voice voice over itself, and making one track lower pitched to create a somewhat “magical” effect, which actually worked.
I’m just bad at sounding serious.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
I watched the video. Don't really understand why it was taken down, but I doubt it had anything to do with Nintendo forcing them to remove it. Nintendo is very protective of their content, but I don't remember a time when they were THIS senstitive. There's not even anything directly related to their company in the video.

If I had to take a guess, APC removed the video themselves just because they didn't want to be any more associated with this than they already are. Their reaction to all of this is probably similar to Marina's, minus the speedy denial of any involvement.
So then why delete it instead of releasing a statement?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well now that I think about it, Banjo is Microsoft property. I sincerely doubt they'll allow stock noises for him.

It's your lucky day Banjo. You won't fall into the same hell that Bowser and the Kongs have.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, why I have so many repli- oh, right, I called K.Rool boring.

Anyway, what's the big deal with that deleted video?

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
Hold on: "Wrecking Crew Medley (Brawl)?" When did that exist? Did they rename an existing song or something?

Also RIP Famicom Medley (Brawl), the superior Famicom Medley
Pink tab means new remix, as seen here, wrecking crew is getting a new remix, so the old one is being renames to brawl
Screenshot_20181028-133020.png

D

Deleted member

Has Papagenos uploaded that video that he said that he was gonna upload today? or am i just misremembering things?

D

Deleted member

Pink tab means new remix, as seen here, wrecking crew is getting a new remix, so the old one is being renames to brawl
View attachment 172945
Good to know, but why is it renamed to "Brawl" instead of "For Wii U / 3DS?"

First they rename the song from Brawl's Boss Battle mode to "Boss Battle (Melee)" and now this?

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well now that I think about it, Banjo is Microsoft property. I sincerely doubt they'll allow stock noises for him.

It's your lucky day Banjo. You won't fall into the same hell that Bowser and the Kongs have.
Is it wrong that I actually like that stock noises?

Wambo

Smash Ace
Kazooie as the horse is genius.

But nothing will beat the Chadondorf in term of hilarity for me, no matter if he know stuff or not, I still think it's the most hilarious thing we got out of this arc.
Most epic stories begin with a great and terrible villain who ignites the fires of war... in this case, a civil war within the Smash community...

He is... CHADONDORF
1529071561062.png

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Good to know, but why is it renamed to "Brawl" instead of "For Wii U / 3DS?"

First they rename the song from Brawl's Boss Battle mode to "Boss Battle (Melee)" and now this?
To be fair, the song from Brawl's Boss Battles Mode was based on Melee's main theme.

Last edited:

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Just woke up. How’s the Grinch Saga going today boys and girls? Has PapaG said anything yet? And there’s a video that’s been taken down by that printing company?

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
So then why delete it instead of releasing a statement?
One thing I'd want to point out about APC not releasing a stament compared to Marina (was that the name of the other company? Sorry if it's not but it's what I'm calling it for the rest of this post).

Marina actually had ties to Bandai and Universal, and so they made a statement because they didnt want to lose that relationship with Bandai, specifically stating they'd love to work with them again in the future.

APC has no traceable relationship, SO, if it's fake they have no reason to come out and say anything, it's not like it'll hurt their relationship. Of course on the other hand if it were real they also probably couldn't legally make a statement. So means nothing either way that they haven't made a statement.

Last edited:

Artorias

Smash Journeyman
This is where Mach Rider should be though, because Ice Climber, Duck Hunt and Gyromite are here.
I do agree with that, but the mach rider song has a blue tag, meaning old remix, instead of a pink one, so it's safe to assume it's the melee remix. This doesn't deconfirm mach rider though, as it would be weird to show unanounced songs that you are keeping for a newcomer or weirdly rename mach rider's theme as mach rider (melee) out of nowhere

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Banjo Threeie? That's like Mother 3, AKA never happening. What's ACTUALLY happening is Nuts and Bolts 2: Electric Boogaloo
At least Mother 3 got made, so it's not quite the same--
>Nuts and Bolts 2
>LOG: Did I say you could have your moves back? Just kidding, now go drive vehicles again
I would be so mad.

View attachment 172941

IT'S HAPPENING LADS.
Having all three of the Chorus Kids' heads on one of the riders made me laugh more than it needed to. :rotfl:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
[QUOTE="osby, post: 22611909, member: 397738"]Also, why I have so many repli- oh, right, I called K.Rool boring.

Anyway, what's the big deal with that deleted video?[/QUOTE]

Nah you tried saying Bandana Dee has as much potential as K. Rool. Albeit indirectly so.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Hang on. That started as a video game franchise... ASTOLFO BEAN CONFIRMEDDDDD
That would be the funniest thing ever. I saw a meme of the Astolfo bean Smash splash screen, but... didn't want to share it because it might be inappropriate

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Most epic stories begin with a great and terrible villain who ignites the fires of war... in this case, a civil war within the Smash community...

He is... CHADONDORFView attachment 172946
The Vergineben Vs THE CHADONDORF

Not going to lie, if the leak is real, I'm totally picking this image as my next avi.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
[QUOTE="osby, post: 22611909, member: 397738"]Also, why I have so many repli- oh, right, I called K.Rool boring.

Anyway, what's the big deal with that deleted video?
Nah you tried saying Bandana Dee has as much potential as K. Rool. Albeit indirectly so.[/QUOTE]

Oh, right, my bad. Sorry.

EDIT: Though my point was less them having equal potential but more "obviously you don't need to fight really interesting to be in this game". I couldn't really convey that, though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, the song from Brawl's Boss Battles Mode was based on Melee's main theme.
Yes, but it's still completely wrong. Might as well call Brawl's credits theme "Credits (Super Smash Bros. / Melee)" sense most of the song is based on the credits theme from Smash 64 and Melee's main theme. It's just sloppy.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
View attachment 172939
There isn't a music list leak, pretty sure this guy means this, which mentions mach rider, but it's not a new remix, it's the melee one
Probably means nothing at all, but it's a little weird how Mach Rider still only has one track listed. Either Mach Rider isn't getting a new track, or the new remix wasn't included due to possible spoilers (which would be a little weird now that I think of it, seeing how they just left out the names for some of Zelda's missing songs instead of hiding them entirely).

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
-I expect Geno to be mute ala :ultolimar::ultvillager::ultpacman::ultmegaman:
-Ken will be voiced by Reuben Langdon for sure
-Shadow will have recycled Kirk Thornton clips from various games like :ultsonic:
-Knowing Sakurai, there’s a horribly likely chance Sakurai gives Banjo & Kazooie the :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultbowser::ultkrool: treatment unless he shows 3rd parties respect by giving their main voices and if Mircosoft/Rare requests him so.
-Dunno about Chorus Kids lol, probably generic cutesy voices
-Isaac will probably be given a new English VA or only have a JP VA like :ultcloud:
-Mach Rider will probably mute as well under the helmet like :ultsamus:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom