• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I get that harassment is bad and all, and I agree some people are acting like dolts about this, but I genuinely wonder how a lot of people who are complaining about this “toxic atmosphere” would’ve felt being on the wrong side of the ESRB. Because I still stand by that this leak looks like a peace treaty compared to the **** fest that was the ESRB leak
I mean, I think this is real and I complain about the toxic environment, the two are (hopefully to most people) not mutually exclusive. That being said, many of the insiders have responded to aggressive attacks aggressively, though sometimes at the people not being aggressive (people who believe the leak are called stupid, naive, etc. with no qualifications that they're only talking about a vocal minority). Not sure if Push has been arrogant or made sweeping statements like some of the insiders have.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I'm really scared for Roy. At least I'll have Chrom. I've never even heard Japanese Chrom.
I played Awakening with Japanese Audio and then again with English and honestly, both VAs are amazing for him so I wouldn’t mind either way. But Roy and Marth....

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I don't see why Grant Kirkhope not being involved with the game is evidence that Banjo-Kazooie aren't in.

Grant is a freelancer and doesn't work exclusively for Rare; the Smash Bros. team probably hired another composer to do the music, making metal remixes or whatever other style these composers usually use. It's not the first time a composer arranged a cover of a different composer's music in Smash (and I'm sure there's multiple instances of this).

Anyway, I see the leak is still alive and possibly has evidence in its favor?
Its degrees of separation. Gregg Mayles 100% knows whats going on with Banjo as hes a higher up at Rare. Gregg's brother Steve is both the creator of Banjo and works at Playtonic Games with Grant Kirkhope. Gregg 100% knows whats going on. Its very very plausible his brother knows. So if Steve knows is it impossible that Grant would know through association? Grant is extremely close to the source of info.

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Banjo will not get animal noises, remember, Bowser Jr. and Yoshi didnt ver animal noises in smash because they neve had animal noises. The characters that did had them in their debut. Banjo never had animal noises, thus he will have his YaHa

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Either PapaGenos is going to look like a saint and all the Insiders are going to be simultaneously BTFO the likes we've ever seen, or theres going to be the biggest "Told ya so" in history and people like PapaGenos will become one of the biggest jokes of this episode arc.
At least this story arc will have been shorter than the Box Theory arc, that one took forever to end.

It can also be because people just want BWD in Smash rather than just some fan quota. Ever think of that?
Yeah man, some/most people genuinely want their characters in, a quota being filled is an arbitrary goal that becomes obsolete anyway.

Last edited:

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Its degrees of separation. Gregg Mayles 100% knows whats going on with Banjo as hes a higher up at Rare. Gregg's brother Steve is both the creator of Banjo and works at Playtonic Games with Grant Kirkhope. Gregg 100% knows whats going on. Its very very plausible his brother knows. So if Steve knows is it impossible that Grant would know through association? Grant is extremely close to the source of info.
I thought Banjo-Kazooie was Microsoft now and no longer Rare?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I mean, I think this is real and I complain about the toxic environment, the two are (hopefully to most people) not mutually exclusive. That being said, many of the insiders have responded to aggressive attacks aggressively, though sometimes at the people not being aggressive (people who believe the leak are called stupid, naive, etc. with no qualifications that they're only talking about a vocal minority). Not sure if Push has been arrogant or made sweeping statements like some of the insiders have.
Oh yeah I don’t want it to come off as I’m excusing the bad behavior because I think its awful too, but its weird seeing people act as if this is a new low for Smash fans when the ESRB leak was a considerably worse time.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
If the creator of King K. Rool didn't know about his inclusion, it easily could be the case where only top management at MS knows, though in a perfect world I think it's only courtesy to let the creators of the characters know when they're being used in all cases. It just seems to be the right thing to do, even if it doesn't happen all the time.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
I dont know if Im late.

Apc just removed their promocional viddeo about their offices. One of the "evidencws" we had about the workplace and possible genuity of the leak.

I saw ir in reddit.
Hey guys I don't know if I'm late but the French company that was on the leaker's Linkedin put out a statement that deconfrims the leak

I saw it on Disney channel

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If Steve does know, then his tweet responding to Banjo news could be suspicious--he said it's a shame how things get leaked and he's avoiding it. However, I assume it means nothing, because Steve may not know. Gregg hasn't talked much about Banjo in Smash, as far as I know. I think even Gregg has a non-zero chance of not knowing, but it all depends on how Nintendo works with Microsoft/Rare on it and how secret it's kept.

The_Naraotor

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1669-2956-1774
While I think the leak is real, I don't think this is a good argument. Those stuff can be done, and people are stupid, and management can be stupider. Though, the fact this is *likely* be involved with a studio, similar to studios that do work with game developers on advertisements (though with no known connections) is partly a reason for thinking it's likely in itself. Not by much, though.
You don't know how French compagny works, they can ***** for everything even paper, ink and other stuff. Heck one time at one place job I just borrowed a pen for wrote a report my +1 asked me where the pen came from and if I asked for this pen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Untouch

Smash Master
If Steve does know, then his tweet responding to Banjo news could be suspicious--he said it's a shame how things get leaked and he's avoiding it. However, I assume it means nothing, because Steve may not know. Gregg hasn't talked much about Banjo in Smash, as far as I know. I think even Gregg has a non-zero chance of not knowing, but it all depends on how Nintendo works with Microsoft/Rare on it and how secret it's kept.
He didn't know about K Rool being revealed, I don't he knows here either.

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Yuri Lowenthal is a great voice actor. The more games I play with him in it, the better.

The real travesty here is Ike’s new English voice actor.

We're now leaning it toward real. New information is that ACP-PLV has already deleted the video showing the work enviorment so the leak is indeed 100% real now. https://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/436781578
It really doesn’t.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Also, for the record, ACP-PLV could’ve deleted the video because of it being possibly spammed by Smash fans. I haven’t seen the comments myself, but its not out of realm. Of course they could’ve just turned the comments off, but I wouldn’t act as if this is definite evidence.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
Whether this leak is fake or real, the Grinch materials are likely real. There's no reason for them to be faked, since neither ACP or Marina have any visible connection to the movie. I'm not really sure why people keep saying Marina does, neither Universal or Illumination is mentioned on their website.

So either a faker had access to legit Grinch materials, or ACP has an unstated project with the Grinch movie.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I don't know if I'm late but the French company that was on the leaker's Linkedin put out a statement that deconfrims the leak
If you're talking about Marina you are very late to the party, he hasn't worked there since 2016 and the new company is where the leak came from (ACP)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
He didn't know about K Rool being revealed, I don't he knows here either.
I do think that's different, since Nintendo owns King K Rool, whereas Rare, where he works, does own Banjo. But, indeed, it all depends on how secret it's kept (if it's happening). One interesting thing is after this is revealed, either way, we could have some interesting insights. :upsidedown:

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
Yuri Lowenthal is a great voice actor. The more games I play with him in it, the better.

It really doesn’t.
While it really doesn't confirm it all true, why would the company still take down the video? It's really weird since it's also a point of presentation

osby

Smash Obsessed

I agree about Yuri Lowenthal being great at his job, but I think he's main character voices tend to have less range compared to Hikaru Midorikawa. That's just me though.

And it's not like Ike ever had a good English voice in Smash.

Noipoi been making avatars for people? Been seeing a lot of them in his art style
He draw a few people in here in his style and they just used those as icons. It's cute, actually.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Whether this leak is fake or real, the Grinch materials are likely real. There's no reason for them to be faked, since neither ACP or Marina have any visible connection to the movie. I'm not really sure why people keep saying Marina does, neither Universal or Illumination is mentioned on their website.

So either a faker had access to legit Grinch materials, or ACP has an unstated project with the Grinch movie.
Unfortunately any search of the grinch or ACP just brings up smash stuff now, but I can't see anywhere where they state they're working with companies.
Our only source of what companies they work with comes from finished products, so we won't find out until they update that page, if they ever do.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I agree about Yuri Lowenthal being great at his job, but I think he's main character voices tend to have less range compared to Hikaru Midorikawa. That's just me though.

And it's not like Ike ever had a good English voice in Smash.
Oh boy we talking about voice actors? I’m actually one which is cool I guess. *cough* ok my opinion.
Honestly I think all the voice actors for smash did a great job. Not a single voice I didn’t like. Wish I could do voices like theirs lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom