• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
"Clearly hurting their reputation" do you have citation for this?

I wouldn't call a few small gaming communities covering this "leak" hurting their reputation, especially when it hasn't been proven they work with Bandai or Nintendo.
I mean even IGN has covered this by now, they aren't a "small gaming community". Companies are super anal about their reputation, even if this doesn't have any monetary impact YET.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

So I'm guessing this has been posted already, but I haven't seen much discussion of this considering it's pretty damned big.

I can accept the idea that a fake leaker would go to some pretty long stretches to internet-proof their leak. But you're going to have me believe they would print off additional bracelets/banners/whatevers and then hide them under a sheet of paper so that in case the internet amplified the contrast of the image they would be able to see the colors of the extra murals bleeding through?
Yeah, they don't even look like they're just printed either; the one we can see is glossy, as if it was laminated or something, and all three of them look like they're hanging there.

They're probably meant for the ornament that the diagram just under the "LOL" is based on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will admit even as someone who thinks it's fake, it's the best dang fake ever made in the Smash fandom, and whoever made it literally accounted for every single possible contingency. Seriously, this goes above and beyond in trying to be convincing.

My pessimism will never allow me to believe until Nintendo confirms it themselves, so I'm still in the camp that's patiently waiting for the last Direct.

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I've been wavering a bit but after realizing how Snapchat actually works I can't help but strongly think it's fake again. Or at least put down the narrative that Eric didn't know anything about it, because he most certainly was notified of his snapchat being saved on another person's phone
If you broke NDA and were confronted about it, you would say you knew nothing about it wouldn’t you? Obviously he would say he knew nothing about it cause the guy’s job is on the line.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Nintendo still hasn’t tweeted today
That doesn't really mean anything to be honest, it's the weekend
In my opinion that’s a bit of a stretch of a arguement

The best I see is it’s just a coincidence
I think Push said it best

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
My current stance on the leak: #Team Fake but cautiously optimistic about Papageno's video. It's weird because it seems like he's been personally in contact with multiple sources now, and if the leak is fake, his channel is basically dead. Either it's real, or these fake sources who someone in the public eye believes have a conspiracy to take down Papageno's.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
The biggest plot twist at this point would be if a character from neither leak were to be confirmed.

Could you even begin imagine the sheer ****show that would follow if that happened?
I know right? I never thought I would see the day people would be fighting over this
I have, it's called August 2nd, 2016.
did you know mach rider libre is a girl

Anyway, I'm sure this idea has been brought up here before, but I've seen people saying that if the French company was annoyed by people asking constant Smash questions on their video, they could've just disabled the comments. The fact that they deleted the video entirely is what's suspicious.
You can tell by the heart shaped bike.
Speaking of voices, I hope they give us an option to turn Marth back to Japanese. It’s just feels so weird to have him in English after all these years.
I suppose it would be weird if you're not a Fire Emblem fan.
It's been 3 years since Marth first got his English voice though, so I think I'll get used to it pretty fast.

Admittedly though, I really hope Roy keeps his Japanese voice.
I like Ray Chase, but I just love Roy's Smash voice.

NineS

Smash Lord
Go play the original Nier and have your perception of Nier characters completely shattered by the greatnesses that are Kaine and Weiss
I already know of the greatness of the original Nier.

But I know Kaine stands no chance because... Just, look at her. And you can't have Weiss without Nier himself.

I want Emil too, but again, 2B, A2, and 9S stand more of a chance in this current day and age.

I can't pick and choose favorites out of all of the Nier and Drakengard cast, though. It's too hard for me to do it. It'd be like having to choose my favorite kid at an orphanage where each child has gone through some massive trauma in some way.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I think we're all wrong here.

The toy Sakurai bought was clearly for Shadow, as this will most likely be his Final Smash:

I’ll say it again, I want the guns to be referenced in some way possible. Victory poses, taunts, official render, don’t care.

And I want his bike as one of his victory poses as well as the Shadow level cleared jingle as his win theme.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The only thing that would confuse me is why go with a Rocket Launcher for Shadow instead of Chaos Spear? I mean, I’d still be happy that he has some sort of gun despite being an echo, but Chaos Spear would make the most sense as a Side B if they’re gonna give him a different one than Sonic.
They can just retool Pit's Neutral Special or Lucas' Side Special into a Chaos Spear. They wouldn't actually go with guns when Sega hasn't done it beyond one game in 2005. Might as well give Sonic his Sword from Black Knight.

D

Deleted member

I gotta say, I found PushDustin's tweet about "stop being ********" pretty laughable when he himself called someone an idiot for making a fake Akuma leak.

Stuff like this is why @papagenos is on the rise, man.
In hindsight, as soon as he became friends with Liam Robertson, i should have known that he was gonna turn up like this.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
That doesn't really mean anything to be honest, it's the weekend

I think Push said it best
Would they really take it down because of Smash comments though? They could easily just disable the comments and be done with it. I think they took it down because it's irrelevant and things in the company have changed since then

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I know that the video deletion sounds suspicious but it can mean many things. It can mean the leak is real or it could also mean that the company doesnt want to be sullied by the leak. They would be called unreliable and the company could lose many clients. And it doesnt matter whether the leak is true or false. A company has to take actions if their image could be damaged regardless.

The other company spoke up about not being involved in the leak for that reason alone. Its image was being sulllied and they had to do something to prevent the loss of future employment by other companies.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
They can just retool Pit's Neutral Special or Lucas' Side Special into a Chaos Spear. They wouldn't actually go with guns when Sega hasn't done it beyond one game in 2005. Might as well give Sonic his Sword from Black Knight.
Sonic better get his ****ing sword to replace one of his Spin Dashes

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Would they really take it down because of Smash comments though? They could easily just disable the comments and be done with it. I think they took it down because it's irrelevant and things in the company have changed since then
Just a casual removing of a video posted on a bank's youtube channel on a Sunday afternoon. Hm? A Smash leak connected to our company? Big coincidence. Don't worry about it.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I was just about to say that

Wouldn’t it just be simpler to disable the comment section on YouTube rather than delete?

Mutsukki

Smash Ace
If you broke NDA and were confronted about it, you would say you knew nothing about it wouldn’t you? Obviously he would say he knew nothing about it cause the guy’s job is on the line.
Huh? I'm not talking about his comment, I'm talking about how people say that "this guy probably didn't even know" as a point that makes the leak stronger. He fully knew

D

Deleted member

If Grinch is fake, i won’t be mad.

Since it got here, i felt like i was living in the version of Gotham made by Christopher Nolan.

So many twists, surprises and unexpected events happening.
I will have fond memories of this.

FallofBrawl

Smash Ace
I heard that the YouTube video wasn’t put up by ACP-PLV, it was actually a business company that put up a compilation of multiple companies and how they work. If ACP-PLV wanted to take it down, they would’ve had to request this other company to take it down and the other companies features should give the OK for it to be deleted.

Or the business company that put up the video itself had to take it down from the Nintendo comments. Either way I don’t see why they wouldn’t just block the comment section.

G Rank Zinogre

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sgt. ZinogreVolt
Doubtful that they'd delete a two year old video meant for advertisement because Smash fans suddenly started talking about it. If they were really so worried about the comments and not the contents of the video itself, they could always just disable the comments and not delete the entire thing.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
My current stance on the leak: #Team Fake but cautiously optimistic about Papageno's video. It's weird because it seems like he's been personally in contact with multiple sources now, and if the leak is fake, his channel is basically dead. Either it's real, or these fake sources who someone in the public eye believes have a conspiracy to take down Papageno's.
How would his channel be dead if it's fake? People watch for the speculation, information, and discussion lol, not because he's an insider.

Flon

Smash Cadet
It wasn't their video either. If they wanted to get rid of it they'd have to send a request, right?

If they were responsible for the removal of the video, then would this count as the first action we've seen from ACP-PLV? They've yet to give a single statement, which was absolutely not a problem for Marina PLV because they had nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sonic and the Black Knight had the best writing in the series, period. I don't know another game that captured the Sonic's personality so well, and it's one of the main reasons why I don't give a **** when people say modern Sonic games' plot doesn't work.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I will admit even as someone who thinks it's fake, it's the best dang fake ever made in the Smash fandom, and whoever made it literally accounted for every single possible contingency. Seriously, this goes above and beyond in trying to be convincing.

My pessimism will never allow me to believe until Nintendo confirms it themselves, so I'm still in the camp that's patiently waiting for the last Direct.
Same here. Am about 75% convinced. Only thing that really brings this Grinch leak down is Sakurai’s own words, with what he said about slowing down the pace of revealing newcomers cause there’s not much left. Which is rather weird if there’s still just about the same amount of characters left as the number of characters he has revealed before...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I already know of the greatness of the original Nier.

But I know Kaine stands no chance because... Just, look at her. And you can't have Weiss without Nier himself.

I want Emil too, but again, 2B, A2, and 9S stand more of a chance in this current day and age.

I can't pick and choose favorites out of all of the Nier and Drakengard cast, though. It's too hard for me to do it. It'd be like having to choose my favorite kid at an orphanage where each child has gone through some massive trauma in some way.
Even then, they all still need to show up in something Nintendo-related first. So let's hope the possibility of an Automata Switch port is given the go.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
Just a casual removing of a video posted on a bank's youtube channel on a Sunday afternoon. Hm? A Smash leak connected to our company? Big coincidence. Don't worry about it.
Big coincidence?

D

Deleted member

I'd laugh if neither of the leaks got confirmed. People going crazy about which one is real or not, and then a completely unexpected character comes along and just destroys both of the leaks.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Wat?

What video?

Why am I missing everything?
Naaaah, don't worry. You're missing nothing. Deleting their video is probably coincidental, or as has been suggested, as a result of many rabid Smash fans flocking to it.

I love you, all.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
I imagined Shadow’s hypothetical Chaos Spear side B functioning exactly like Cloud’s full Limit neutral B.

Unless that’s too broken?

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Same here. Am about 75% convinced. Only thing that really brings this Grinch leak down is Sakurai’s own words, with what he said about slowing down the pace of revealing newcomers cause there’s not much left. Which is rather weird if there’s still just about the same amount of characters left as the number of characters he has revealed before...
He's never said there's not much left..

D

Deleted member

I know, right? Plus, the man said he had a "few more" left.

Counting Isabelle (since she came after that statement), this leak makes 8 characters after 8.8's Direct. That's not a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom