• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yup.

If it's fake:

No...

No...

If it's real:

"yes Yes YES THANK YOU SAKURAI UMG THANK YOU!!!11!!1!1"

Either way we're gonna have a bunch of smug jerks saying "I told you so."

Direct will still be good; some quality Smash Bros. content.
Unfortunately.

Anyway, back when I said coward, maybe that was the wrong word, but i did not mean it literally. I meant it in a non-literal, indirectly metaphorical, not straight to the point/said-but-separate from my main point kind of way.

yocow

Smash Rookie
A thought occured to me that those exact characters could all be in the game but the banner could still be fake.. How funny would that be? It'd make the French guy feel like he picked the right lotto numbers if he did fake it.
Is it bad that I'm hoping that's what actually happens? I love the character choices in this banner but I still want to be surprised, lol.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright, listened to a bit of Spawncast. Felt like they were winding down their Smash discussion, so I've decided to take a break here. My random thoughts:

- We have speculated about everything, including the hanger image
- Wishlist =/= fake (and not just the reason it's believable)
- Not all characters are real (speculation or knowledge?)
- Spawn Wave: Banjo 50/50
- Yes, some of the Smash community has been embarrasing
- Nintendo conspiracy: Nintendo wouldn't pay you to shut up, but they can take stuff away (not that I believe this, I just think you don't know as much as you think you do)
- Why fake? Missing Incineroar, missing character =/= fake
- If Incineroar was in, they would believe it more (then that only means it's not the full cast if true)
- They've kept these all secret? A good point I've thought (though some have been hidden, mainly echoes)
- Nate has absolutely no clue why people believe it (we have many reasons it's not just any ole blurry leak)
- Will those who believe it apologize if fake? **** no. The only people who should apologize are those harrassing people (which they should do immediately). Nate is being an arrogant ****. Just because some Smash fans have been assholes doesn't mean you should be arrogant to everyone else in return.
- We will be having the game soon and it doesn't matter. So why the arrogance? (case of Liam being rational and Nate should take some pointers)
- Banjo base roster: decided in 2015 (Spencer's tweet was in 2015 and could have actually led to them being buddy buddy now)
- Banjo game exclusive, then on the Switch. I like this guy.
- Liam: "I think the biggest obstacle to it right now is just the factor of Nintendo's pride. The fact it's run by old conservative white men who will see this as bending the knee to one of their competitor's, I think. So they might veto it. That's the way Nintendo is, they're very stubborn and I think a part of asking them for Banjo in Smash is a bit like them admitting they're running out of characters and then going to their competitor's. Obviously that's ridiculous but that may be a factor we haven't seen them so far." Still borderline racist, but still had a decent point at the end (one I've thought about).

Overall, not as bad in context as @TotsBS said, though there were still arguments I felt infuriating (and in the case of Nate, hypocritical). I also think the quote of Liam's is better in context, though he definitely used the wrong choice of words. It is an argument one could have--if we hadn't known everything else about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship through what they've released in combination together as well as if Verge's Minecraft rumors are correct.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I mean
It took a full month to kill Sassy Geno.
So... shrug
To be fair this one was mostly people writing it off as fake and moving on, probably because it was a close in-game screen shot taken with a camera that are almost always written off.

This one is pretty big in it's scope and being reported by sites like IGN and Siliconera, not to mention all the oddities surrounding it. Real or fake.

Last edited:

Ganon K. Roolenstein

Smash Cadet
They're not covering the leak because they just don't see it worth it. 2018 GameXplain isn't 2014 GameXplain, just because they did discussions on ESRB and Tower of Smash back then, doesn't mean they'll do it now. A lot can change in 4 years and maybe they just decided not to give any leaks like this the time of day. Even the extremely legit looking Ken leak wasn't really discussed that much by them, they did one video and talked about it for a bit in a weekly discussion. That's all.
One video and a mention in a weekly discussion is enough for the Ken leak. There doesn't need to be 3 or 4 videos on it, as there isn't much to talk about. So it's not really comparable to the Grinch leak. Also, GameXplain did an interview with the person who made the 7-8 characters blog theory, yet they avoid covering a leak that lines up that theory? I find that a little strange. They also canceled their podcast for this week. I personally find their attitude to the leak a little suspect.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'm wishing so badly for the Direct to come this next week! My anxiety ia killing me! At least Super Mario Party is keeping me busy

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
It's not actually Scot, so........

But to be fair, is it any less disturbing than a certain someone?

:yoshi:
I think its charming, id do it myself but my current profile model is a bit too violent for smashboards and only here for halloween..

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Alright, listened to a bit of Spawncast. Felt like they were winding down their Smash discussion, though I've decided to take a break here. My random thoughts:

- We have speculated about everything, including the hanger image
- Wishlist =/= fake (and not just the reason it's believable)
- Not all characters are real (speculation or knowledge?)
- Spawn Wave: Banjo 50/50
- Yes, some of the Smash community has been embarrasing
- Nintendo conspiracy: Nintendo wouldn't pay you to shut up, but they can take stuff away (not that I believe this, I just think you don't know as much as you think you do)
- Why fake? Missing Incineroar, missing character =/= fake
- If Incineroar was in, they would believe it more (then that only means it's not the full cast if true)
- They've kept these all secret? A good point I've thought (though some have been hidden, mainly echoes)
- Nate has absolutely no clue why people believe it (we have many reasons it's not just any ole blurry leak)
- Will those who believe it apologize if fake? **** no. The only people who should apologize are those harrassing people (which they should do immediately). Nate is being an arrogant ****. Just because some Smash fans have been ******** doesn't mean you should be arrogant to everyone else in return.
- We will be having the game soon and it doesn't matter. So why the arrogance? (case of Liam being rational and Nate should take some pointers)
- Banjo base roster: decided in 2015 (Spencer's tweet was in 2015 and could have actually led to them being buddy buddy now)
- Banjo game exclusive, then on the Switch. I like this guy.
- Liam: "I think the biggest obstacle to it right now is just the factor of Nintendo's pride. The fact it's run by old conservative white men who will see this as bending the knee to one of their competitor's, I think. So they might veto it. That's the way Nintendo is, they're very stubborn and I think a part of asking them for Banjo in Smash is a bit like them admitting they're running out of characters and then going to their competitor's. Obviously that's ridiculous but that may be a factor we haven't seen them so far." Still borderline racist, but still had a decent point at the end (one I've thought about).

Overall, not as bad in context as @TotsBS said, though there were still arguments I felt infuriating (and in the case of Nate, hypocritical). I also think the quote of Liam's is better in context, though he definitely used the wrong choice of words. It is an argument one could have--if we hadn't known everything else about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship through what they've released in combination together as well as if Verge's Minecraft rumors are correct.
I don't think the competitor point makes sense.

I mean, Nintendo and Microsoft are "Better Together" with Minecraft, and any Minecraft-related Nintendo stuff (including the Creeper 2DS) would still require profits to be given to Mojang and Microsoft.

They would believe it more if it had Incineroar is...interesting...

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Can't we start a campaign for a Octopath Traveler character? Wich one is your's favorite ones?

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
At least Yoshi isn't a real person. :yoshi:
Most youtubers admit they basically act like characters( or extrelemely exaggerated versions of themselves at least) . But person to person and such. I mean the Angry Video Game Nerd isn't the REAL James Rolfe..

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I don't think the competitor point makes sense.

I mean, Nintendo and Microsoft are "Better Together" with Minecraft, and any Minecraft-related Nintendo stuff (including the Creeper 2DS) would still require profits to be given to Mojang and Microsoft.

If they would believe it more if it had Incineroar is...interesting...
Yeah, I feel like they've got it confused. We only know about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship recently (unless they know more than they're letting on). For all we know, it could have began in 2015 if Sakurai asked about Banjo. You had Minecraft coming to the Wii U at the time. And if Verge's rumors are true, I think the biggest impetus for Microsoft being involved in Smash is trying to get Banjo in.

Also, they mentioned it wouldn't be everything, but they did say it would make it more believable. Make of that as you will, but to me that makes me think the only reason they think it's fake is because of missing characters (and that's not good enough, logically, to debunk it).

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Things are getting heated in here. Let's listen to some nice grand Zelda music to calm things down -

yocow

Smash Rookie
This leak is painful because on one hand I want it to be real because Banjo is in and he's my most wanted, but on the other I want it to be fake because I want to be surprised. The wait for a direct is literally so painful.

Also, I haven't posted in 4 years. Hello!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I know a way for the box theory to be real at this point.

The original 8 + Dark Samus on the back. With the remaining 7 on the other side. That leaves 3 more. This relies on Shadow being Unique and not an echo. That would leave 3 more. With one of them probably being an echo(didn't an insider say something about an unknown character coming with an echo?)

Last edited:

LetterO

Smash Lord
I just noticed how the Chorus Kids being next to Pokemon Trainer would be a cool detail if the leak is real because it shows the contrast between the Conductor not being able to get the energetic Chorus Kids under control vs Pokemon Trainer who's able to easily have the Pokemon do what he commands. It's these little things that make me think the Grinch Leak could be real.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah, I feel like they've got it confused. We only know about Nintendo and Microsoft's relationship recently (unless they know more than they're letting on). For all we know, it could have began in 2015 if Sakurai asked about Banjo. You had Minecraft coming to the Wii U at the time. And if Verge's rumors are true, I think the biggest impetus for Microsoft being involved in Smash is trying to get Banjo in.

Also, they also mentioned it wouldn't be everything, but they did say it would make it more believable. Make of that as you will, but to me that makes me think the only reason they think it's fake is because of missing characters (and that's not good enough, logically, to debunk it).
Banjo + Minecraft would make sense.

And yeah, them willing to believe it more if it had Incineroar is definitely them just disbelieving it due to missing characters, making their other points just pure speculation based on their sources' info.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I hope Agumon is a DLC!
DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
You know, if people mourn over SassyGeno memes in over a few days after the image was deconfirmed...

IMAGINE if the Grinch got deconfirmed..
People will shed waterfalls of tears nonstop of the meme if the Grinch leak is deconfirmed. MAN, that meme has some GREAT sh*tposting quality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom