• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yocow

Smash Rookie
It also fuels the whole “Grinch leaking the Smash roster” craze. I don’t think anyone would ever get over that.
True. This will go down in the Smash history books as "that one time the grinch leaked smash ultimate's entire roster" and regardless of whether it's real or not, that is a beautiful thing.

Shroob

Sup?
Missed opportunity for Nintendo in terms of character there if they wanted to scumbag people into getting the subscription, but I guess if they paywalled Geno there'd be riots in the streets
I mean, they have your balls in a vice already since you're going to 'have' to get it if you want to play online.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Calling it now:

Incineroar is Day 1 DLC that's "Free if you have a Nintendo Online Subscription".
I could totally see this happening, although I'm trying to figure out where Sora fits into all of this if he's indeed in and will be revealed at the game awards. Although maybe Incineroar gets announced there and Sora is planned for later idk.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Congratulations!
Okay, peeps. I expect people to start just saying "Congratulations" randomly and still be doing it by the time I get back.
Oh boy, oh boy.

Personally, I hope one (or more) of my hypothesiseesees from this morning (well, technically yesterday) are validated. :laugh:
Of course my boi has the best claps :yoshi:
Congratulations!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy to see people loving Agumon in Smash! =)

Maybe we could ask alot for Agumon now that all the favorite characters are in Smash!
I would be okay with him, but only with one condition:

We get Butterfly and Brave Heart.

Yes i know, they are anime songs, and i don't care, i want them.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I could totally see this happening, although I'm trying to figure out where Sora fits into all of this if he's indeed in and will be revealed at the game awards. Although maybe Incineroar gets announced there and Sora is planned for later idk.
Incineroar Announced Day one DLC patch for free with subscription during final smash direct.
Sora Announced either day One paid DLC patch or DLC for January, right for KH III release at the game awards

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
"I don't know what the cloud does, do you?"

"I don't know. I dunno."

"Hey everybody, I'm here with my good friend, Inspector Gadget. Uh, how're you doing Inspector Gadget?"

"I'm having a lot of fun."

"So, you wanna look at some leaks, Inspector Gadget?"

"I'm better than you are, so I should inspect the leak".

"Okay, alright, well, Inspector Gadget's gonna inspect the leak."

"You can shut up now, I'm always on duty! Hmm, do you have that leak, "Grinchy leak"? Penny was telling me she saw it on her computer book. Let's play Grinchy leak"

"Um, well, I have the Grinch leak, I think that's probably what you're talking about. Let's try that."

"Hmm, oh yes, this is it: Grinchcrap!"

"No no no, Inspector gadget, it's called the Grinch Leak."

"Oh, Grinchcrap! I cannot wait to inspect Grinchcrap. Do you know my favorite thing to do with the Grinchcrap? I love summoning bricks with Isaacrap. Summoning growth with Isaacrap is the best thing and the most amount of fun you can have while playing Super Smash Brs I understand why all the kids are believing this leak these days -- it's because they like to summon green growths with Isaacrap. I also like to build summon green growths with Isaacrap. It's the most fun you can possibly have. What is the point of Grinchcrap?"

"Well, there really is a point. It's a leak of Super Smash Bros Ultimate's roster."

"Oh good, I love characters. No, that just means you can do play as anyone you want like attack, summon stuff, and mess around. What's the credibility of this leak"

"Well, anything, really. If it's fake then this one guy built a scale recreation of the Smash Ultimate artwork with added characters."

"If that is true then my deduction skills as a detective tell me he has quite possibly, never had sex."

"Come on, Inspector Gadget, even if that is true, it's about expressing your creativity!

"But, he might just be copying a piece of artwork by someone else! Seems more like monkey see, monkey do than using creative energy if you ask me. Oh, you think you can do better, huh? I have a robotic implant in my brain that lets me preform 12,000,000,000,000,000 calculations per second. I could leak the entire game's roster, while helping Penny with her homework, and cleaning up brain's doody, all at the same time! He's a nerd, and I hate nerds more than I hate MAD agents."

"What an asshole! He may not have a powerful cybernetic brain like yours, but I think that the leaker used the Grinch in a unique, and complex, yet beautiful way, making the adaptation of"----

"I told you to shut up, but you didn't listen. Oh look, a free iPad."

Last edited:

Chaotix12345

Smash Rookie
Incineroar as the first DLC character WOULD make a bit of sense, considering Pokemon in general has a wide audience and Smash 4's first DLC was even another Pokemon character, that being Mewtwo.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Who is Papageno? Why his statment is important? I'm very curious now
He's a smash fan like us who is very good at making videos explaining leaks and his thoughts on them. Recently, a "source" who knows another "Microsoft source" reached out to Papa as he watches his videos. The source essentially said saying Banjo is in the game for sure and he thinks the banner leak is real. Despite Papa never knowing this person, he believes him based on who they are and I trust Papa's judgment, but of course the "source" could still be wrong or lying.

I suggest checking out Papageno's channel, it's awesome.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Missed opportunity for Nintendo in terms of character there if they wanted to scumbag people into getting the subscription, but I guess if they paywalled Geno there'd be riots in the streets
Day 1 DLC is the scumbag part, I think. With many speculating DLC is announced the day before, it seems likely even though it goes against Sakurai's own words calling it a scam. Also, while Incineroar being a DLC character makes the banner leak consistent with what we know from some insiders (outside of Spawn Wave, who thinks there's another base character if true), I can't see Incineroar being announced at the Game Awards. If anybody, it would be Sora.

Shroob

Sup?
Ya'll are missing something simple.

Incineroar would be the first DLC character 'technically' yeah, but he'd still be revealed in the November Direct when they talk about online features probably.

The Game Awards is still free.

Though, then we have the issue of now we have SIX characters and 2 echoes to reveal all at once.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
When that video is updated, I'll like papagenos papagenos or someone else to tell me what was said in that video ASAP. (Because I'm deaf, and No CC is problem for me.)
It could be that Incineroar wasn't finished when the game had to be shipped so their finishing Incineraor in between then and release and releasing him in a free day 1 update.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
In the end, I’m still #TeamReal but I’ll be prepared if it’s (hopefully not) fake and I hope either way, we’ll be playing the game in harmony on Dec 7th and ownward for the rest of our lives away from this infamous Grinch fiasco.

That said, I’m still personally going for the Mii Theory myself, Mii Gunner’s position in E3 was placed where Simon currently is and according to the Grinch banner she’s supposedly in Banjo’s spot where she’s now moved to with her proper counterparts. Especially considering Swordfighter and Brawler are in a position by themselves until Shadow takes the spot in the Grinch banner.

It adds all too much to be fake but I respect your doubts and skepticism if you disagree.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Ya'll are missing something simple.

Incineroar would be the first DLC character 'technically' yeah, but he'd still be revealed in the November Direct when they talk about online features probably.

The Game Awards is still free.

Though, then we have the issue of now we have SIX characters and 2 echoes to reveal all at once.
It seems like Incineroar would be in the banner though if he's revealed alongside all of the others?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Who is Papageno? Why his statment is important? I'm very curious now
He's a home grown user on these boards.
Says he's got an insider he trusts giving him info.
Seems like a guy that wouldnt really lie about that, but like... people lie, and I need evidence. Lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I knew it, I knew we couldn't get rid of Incineroar this easily. Not after all that's happened.
I don't wanna jump the gun, but if this is really the case and my dream of Grinch leak + Incineroar comes true...manly tears will be shed.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I dont know if this is good or not but

https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/with_replies

Hes very positive about Banjo in Smash
Sharing things, and commenting things
I don't know what tweet you're referring to. As far as I read, he thinks the leak is fake. Though, he's a freelancer, so he wouldn't have insider information and is probably going off based on what he believes (and I don't fault his pessimism).

If anything, I think Steve Mayles is the closest we have to speculate on. When asked about the Banjo news, he said it's a shame things get leaked and is trying to avoid it. He's brothers with Gregg, who does work at Rare. Most likely doesn't mean anything, but it's something.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Maybe DLC characters won't be on the banner?

Honestly, until we get the next Direct it's too soon to say for certain.
Yeah maybe although I doubt they'd reveal Incineroar and then just not add him to the banner. Unless the direct banner has him in it and for whatever reason the leak banner doesn't. I also think the November direct will have too many characters as it is imo.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I would be okay with him, but only with one condition:

We get Butterfly and Brave Heart.

Yes i know, they are anime songs, and i don't care, i want them.
Technically, Butterfly and Brave Heart have appeared in video games (repeatedly even).

I'm pretty sure they showed up in the Wonderswan games with Ryo, and definitely appeared in the PSP adaptation of Digimon Adventure.

Considering how much more popular the Digimon anime is compared to the games and v-pets, a part of me wouldn't be surprised if they made an exception to include those songs, at least in the Japanese version of Smash Ultimate in some capacity.

Speaking of anime theme songs, I'm frankly surprised a version of Mesaze Pokémon Master hasn't shown up in Smash yet, they had a version of it in Pokémon Pinball (even in the English language versions of the game), so The Pokémon Company are clearly willing to use the song in video games.

And now, I must go for real, I've dawdled long enough.
I lost it with Donkey Kong when watching this lol :laugh:
Arin's Donkey Kong clapping voice is amazing, isn't it? :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom