• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I didn't say he was weak. Just running away. And I never said he is weak, I am strong. I was just stating my point of view. Sure, I forgot for a moment how bad the harassing was, but I think he could have at least ignored it and not make his twitter private. And I did say it was his choice, which I respect by the way, did I?
I'm going to refer to your own post here.
Looks like Liam can't take the pressure, which is petty, in my point of view, because I think if he was strong, he wouldn't back down and make his twitter private to avoid the backlash, like a coward. A good willed person does not run away from something just because they don't like it. To me, they must face what they are dealing with. Now, I know it is his choice, and he probably doesn't have to deal with this, but I still think running away from this is not very mature.
Coward: noun; a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
synonyms: weakling, milksop, namby-pamby, mouse

1497720590789.gif

I don't know what your definition of "respect" is, but calling someone names certainly isn't respect. And while you may not say that you're strong, it's clear that your attempt at virtue signaling is meant to make you out to be better (and stronger) than Liam.

You've got your way of dealing with things that works for you, and other people have different ways of dealing with those same things that works for them. And you know what? That's okay. My problem is when you come around and degrade people just because they work differently than you. You have no right to do so, especially since "your experience" likely isn't getting spammed by repeated hate, insults, and threats from tens of hundreds of Smash fanboys over something as petty as a potentially fake leak for a video game.
And to me, being weak and a coward are two different things, because to me, just because one is a coward doesn't mean they are weak. They just have to find their way around their fear, that is all. But Who knows? Maybe regardless, coward was not the right word. Maybe cheap was.
Changing your words doesn't make it any less insulting and mean. It's like saying "no offense" after saying something very personal and offending. It's still offensive.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Y'all don't realize how hard Booster's Tower goes and should be the Mario RPG stage.

Listen to the MUSIC.

Everyone talks about Forest Maze, which is good don't get me wrong, but Mario rpg has some good music. I was really surprised when I played it.

Last edited:

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
I’m heading off. Hopefully we find more stuff to talk about tomorrow besides this headache of insider nonsense. Have fun~

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I can understand Liam's reaction. His status as a leaker is, for all intents and purposes, his main source of income. Part of being a strong leaker is consistency, so having a black mark as big as getting Smash Ultimate wrong is largely a career death sentence.

Granted, I'm not going to defend his vaguely xenophobic and racist comments, nor the way he's been treating those he's interacting with on Twitter. I'm just purposing why he could logically have this much of a reaction over whether or not a fire-breathing, wrestler cat is in a video game.

Chrono.

My approach to insider tidbits, at least when it comes to Smash, is to not live and die by their word, but to keep them in back of my mind. Mystic put it best in his Twitter thread "Smash leaks, I have learned, are uncharted territory. It's not as straightforward." and the brief history I've had in speculation has shown me this to be the case.

The Gematsu leak, the Shovel Knight rumor, the Inkling rumor and "Smash Switch" being a port of For... All of these are examples of big insider rumors that were either outdated or outright wrong. Hell, insider rumors in general have always been iffy and a lot of them tend to be half-truths rather than absolutes, and that's just the nature of word-of-mouth sources and how much things can change internally. We don't really know what goes on behind the scenes and all they can really do is relay whatever information they hear or as much as they're allowed to.

Now, do I think they're wrong on the banner and Incineroar? Eh, probably not. I'm heavily leaning fake on the banner myself, but that's not my point. My point is that whether or not you think this leak is real, you shouldn't live and die by the word of insiders and that I think is silly that so many people are hounding these people for an opinion, only to harass when they say something you don't agree with. Making up conspiracy theory threads on Twitter as to why GameXplain are not extensively covering the leak.

They're not covering the leak because they just don't see it worth it. 2018 GameXplain isn't 2014 GameXplain, just because they did discussions on ESRB and Tower of Smash back then, doesn't mean they'll do it now. A lot can change in 4 years and maybe they just decided not to give any leaks like this the time of day. Even the extremely legit looking Ken leak wasn't really discussed that much by them, they did one video and talked about it for a bit in a weekly discussion. That's all.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I just don't think that's why there's no Western character.

If a Western character is really popular and Sakurai chooses them, I'm sure he'd be willing to get a translator to help him. There's also Nintendo hiring Western devs to make some of their games and them even publishing Western games in Japan. Regarding Smash, they still put thought and care into making Western content such as the Shovel Knight assist.

The lack of Western content is probably due to circumstances; a whole lot of popular characters are from Japan, and Microsoft and other western companies were previously hard to work with, but now it might be easier and Sakurai may be willing to work with them on more than just smaller content depending on who he saw as popular or necessary additions.
Possibly,

But considering Ubisoft has been very good with Nintendo... And dumped models of Rayman on Nintendo/ Sakurai and just got a trophy... It's strange.

With Western companies like Ubisoft and Yacht Club pandering to Nintendo but still no playable character? Idk strange...

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I'm going to refer to your own post here.

Coward: noun; a person who lacks the courage to do or endure dangerous or unpleasant things.
synonyms: weakling, milksop, namby-pamby, mouse

I don't know what your definition of "respect" is, but calling someone names certainly isn't respect. While you may not say that you're strong, it's clear that your attempt at virtue signaling is meant to make you out to be better (and stronger) than Liam.

You've got your way of dealing with things that works for you, and other people have different ways of dealing with those same things that works for them. And you know what? That's okay. My problem is when you come around and degrade people just because they work differently than you. You have no right to do so, especially since "your experience" likely isn't getting spammed by repeated hate, insults, and threats from tens of hundreds of Smash fanboys over something as petty as a potentially fake leak for a video game.
Like I said, coward maybe was not the right word, but I still think they are different things, well, different enough. You can still be strong on the inside ya know. Coward or not, he was unwilling to go through something unpleasant, not that it's wrong for him to do that if it is his choice. I wasn't intentionally degrading anyone. Like I said, I am just stating my point of view without trying to harm anyone. I can respect his decision, but I don't necessarily have to agree with it. Still, I can respect that. What kind of degrading person would do that, anyway?

KMDP

Smash Legend
:foxmelee: FAIYA! *skitters around*
I can understand Liam's reaction. His status as a leaker is, for all intents and purposes, his main source of income. Part of being a strong leaker is consistency, so having a black mark as big as getting Smash Ultimate wrong is largely a career death sentence.

Granted, I'm not going to defend his vaguely xenophobic and racist comments, nor the way he's been treating those he's interacting with on Twitter. I'm just purposing why he could logically have this much of a reaction over whether or not a fire-breathing, wrestler cat is in a video game.
If the leak is real, I think several insiders are probably taking it quite personally that they've been lied to.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace

It seems like the safe option would be to be neutral on it though from a strictly career perspective.

Last edited:

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
So I'm confused, wasn't Incineroar considered as the "missing character" of the mural?

Like why do insiders say fake for no Incineroar if Incineroar is like...still apart of the leak?

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
So I'm confused, wasn't Incineroar considered as the "missing character" of the mural?

Like why do insiders say fake for no Incineroar if Incineroar is like...still apart of the leak?
Incineroar is one of the Characters Missing from the mural and is the only one they can publicly talk without ****ing over a source.
There is others that are missing. Supposedly one of those Characters make sense as of why it's not here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Like I said, coward maybe was not the right word, but I still think they are different things, well, different enough. You can still be strong on the inside ya know. Coward or not, he was unwilling to go through something unpleasant, not that it's wrong for him to do that if it is his choice. I wasn't intentionally degrading anyone. Like I said, I am just stating my point of view without trying to harm anyone. I can respect his decision, but I don't necessarily have to agree with it. Still, I can respect that. What kind of degrading person would do that, anyway?
Changing your words doesn't make it any less insulting and mean. It's like saying "no offense" after saying something very personal and offending. It's still offensive.
The thing about your point of view is that it is inherently offensive, and is degrading in of itself. You also can't just call him a coward and say you respect his choice because you obviously don't. It seems like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too here.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
The thing about your point of view is that it is inherently offensive, and is degrading in of itself. You also can't just call him a coward and say you respect his choice because you obviously don't. It seems like you're trying to have your cake and eat it too here.
Well, obviously, I got mixed up on my wording, but then again, I kinda go by my own definitions. Either way, you misunderstand my intentions here. I did not mean harm to anyone. I just used a word people find to be the wrong one. I honestly can respect his decision. You may not see it from some text, but it is there.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So my opinion of the leak?
Team Neutral but slightly towards real.

If its true, I will be soo happy for the fans that wanted their character for a long time. I will be really happy to see my boy Geno and Banjo make a return after all those years.

If its fake, I do not care, Smash is all I needed anyways. One character I've wanted is not in Smash does not stop me to play Ultimate.

Besides, if the insiders believe that the SE character is Sora, that will be fine by me because I LOVE Sora nearly as much as Geno.

Last edited:

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
I really hope Sora gets in Super Smash Bros.Ultimate!
You know when this first started i'd say youre dreaming but with all the latest happenings, and with me having a weird kingdom hearts kick as of late, I am right there with you man.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So my opinion of the leak?
Team Neutral but slightly towards real.

If its true, I will be soo happy for the fans that wanted the character for a long time.

If its fake, I do not care, Smash is all I needed anyways. One character I've wanted is not in Smash does not stop me to play Ultimate.

Besides, if the insiders believe that the SE character is Sora, that will be fine by me because I like Sora nearly as much as Geno.
Same, except I am slightly towards fake because it feels too good to be true.

Dan

Smash Lord
Me rn:

Ceiling - Grinch leak
Basement - Ken, Incineroar and the announcement of a Square rep as day-one DLC

Y'all don't realize how hard Booster's Tower goes and should be the Mario RPG stage.

Listen to the MUSIC.

I just played that part; the dialogue is f'n hilarious, and even the elevator music in the lobby is awesome. Also, Booster Wario Echo; Booster has that bite just like Wario's and replace the bike with the train.

I don't see why Forest Maze wouldn't be the stage though; it's the best song in the game, and where you meet Geno.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Maybe but if that’s the case, how do like 15 different people know of this playtester? And that’s still not image proof or video assuming it’s just a statement by them.

Like if I remember correctly ninka or vaan had some of the footage from ERSB months in advance but didn’t post it. Eventually though it got out. The same way any leak would.

So I can’t see how know one has used 4chan to successfully leak Incenroar with proof.
Look up the name Toru Sakurai and you have your likely reason why so many people are convinced Incineroar is happening.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Real or Fake the next direct is going to be insane
Yup.

If it's fake:

No...

No...

If it's real:

"yes Yes YES THANK YOU SAKURAI UMG THANK YOU!!!11!!1!1"

Either way we're gonna have a bunch of smug jerks saying "I told you so."

Direct will still be good; some quality Smash Bros. content.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I will say this.

The fact it's been 5 days and we don't have that MLG headshot 360 no scope kill for the leak yet is a bit impressive.

KingofKoopas

Smash Lord
A thought occured to me that those exact characters could all be in the game but the banner could still be fake.. How funny would that be? It'd make the French guy feel like he picked the right lotto numbers if he did fake it.

Last edited:

FixedFun

Smash Apprentice
"Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see this Grinch Leak is tearing us apart?"
-----
"Say people, have you already compared the leak to the website banner?"
-----

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom