• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Attention Everyone:

I need to bring you the following very important information.

The cutest picture imaginable has been released. :love:

We now return to your regularly scheduled speculation.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I hope there's more to it than what Verge says. Otherwise smash reveals will have fizzled out instead of ending with a bang.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They’re already doing it with Elma, Chorus Kids, and anyone that isn’t a Gen7/Ken/anyone still surviving leakswise. At least Skull Kid is basically out of the running now

I just wish one of these two would happen:
1. Verg somehow finds out about more characters
2. A surprise reveal happens that isn’t one of the commonly leaked characters

I guess I’m starting to get pessimistic now despite said characters not being deconfirmed and DLC being an almost definite possibility...
Just because Incineroar and Geno (screw you Dante leak I have faith) have good chances doesn't mean BWD and Elma don't.
Don't give up until the very end!

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm surprised that people think there are that many characters left. We're nearly at 70 characters and that's not counting clones. For me personally, I'm expecting only like, two with some Echos.

Plus, while Verge has gotten things right so far, Gematsu also got a lot right, and we all know how that ended. Just some food for thought.

D

Deleted member

Because it’d be a pokemon direct. They never randomly put Smash in a dorect for one specific game
...Did you miss the Shantae reveal during the recent Nindies Direct? Everyone's been calling Sans a shoe-in since then due to Sakurai's "bad time" comment beforehand and the cloud resembling the EarthBound logo in that sweet trailer.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For those worried about Geno, for what it's worth, this hasn't been debunked yet. Granted I have a vested interest in this one for other reasons, but still. Lucky guess or not, it did get some things right about the 8/8 Direct, and called Isabelle about a week before Vergeben did.

image.jpeg

Or...at least I want to believe. :p

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
How is Skull Kid out of the running?
Leaks that need to be buried.

Skull Kid is iconic and popular, especially if you look outside the Smash community. Dark Samus was apparently highly-requested, and yet doesn't show up on that 2015 fan-poll data with around 40,000 votes, so Skull Kid may have done well in the ballot like she did (or Sakurai is looking for other sources instead of just the ballot).

Furthermore, there's no more reason to believe that leak than there is to believe past fake leaks that were similar.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Why does everyone hate New Super Mario Bros U? It was a fun party game to get drunk and play with friends.
Nobody really likes NSMB anymore after how hard it was milked. It's just a hollow series made to put a new Mario on a console. There's no real heart or soul put into it. There's better party games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
-Ayumi Tachibana
-Geno
-Incineroar
-Karate Joe
-Ken(E)
-Shadow(E)

If these were the final characters for Base. How satisfied would you guys be?

Roberk

Smash Champion

I'm ready for a Bethesda rep.
  1. Doom Guy: Extremely significant to the creation shooter genre. Has a very successful game on the Switch.
  2. Dovakhin: Skyrim was the first Western game in Japan to get a 40/40 on Famitsu, the game is highly successful and acclaimed around the world. Has a very successful game on the Switch that Nintendo pushed to be part of the initial Switch reveal.
  3. Vault Boy: Fallout 76 is right around the corner, making Fallout the most relevant of the Bethesda franchises for DLC. Vault Boy's cartoony style would fit Smash well.
All of these picks would be great for representing new genres (shooters, western RPGS) and Western games in Smash in general.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I hope I am not too late to post this.

And yes, THIS is my meme I had for over two years.

PlasmaDam

Smash Journeyman
Guys Sakurai said were not getting a lot of newcomers so were getting like 6 max left in the base roster

Chrono.

It's all good. The speculation scene is as alive as ever, if not more so now. The ramifications of Isabelle's inclusion as a unique fighter are quite large, which is honestly exciting.

Also, I updated my prediction roster:
View attachment 164046

How reveals go down is as such:
  • Incineroar in a Pokémon Nintendo Direct for Lets Go
  • Lloyd and Erdrick at TGS behind closed doors, then as a general trailer shortly after
  • Tails and Shadow in an October livestream trailer
  • Chorus Kids at the beginning of a November Smash Bros. Direct, Ken and Dixie in the middle as echoes, Dante at the end, and Banjo as the closer.
The picks below the roster are potential DLC. Isaac, Rex & Pyra, Geno, Sora, or Rayman would be the first DLC character.

P.S. the most recent Dante leak likely isn't a lucky guess. I'm not willing to bet anything on it, but I will assert that until Dante is revealed.
Man this roster would be perfect for me.

DLC would be icing on the cake.

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
Smash is the only series now where I actively look forward to DLC xD. I feel like most of the characters I want aren't gonna be in the base game.

With Nintendo putting so much of their resources into the Switch, I feel like Ultimate will have a longer life than previous games. Hopefully we get more characters down the line!

D

Deleted member

-Ayumi Tachibana
-Geno
-Incineroar
-Karate Joe
-Ken(E)
-Shadow(E)

If these were the final characters for Base. How satisfied would you guys be?
Looks good to me. Geno and Karate Joe would make a lot of folks happy, and Shadow would let me make edge jokes. Everybody wins.

D

Deleted member

...Well...That Direct was...a Direct. I'm not mad about Isabelle, in fact I think she's adorable. I'm pissed off at how absolutely BORING this direct was. The only thing that even caught my interest was that new Gundum game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
...Well...That Direct was...a Direct. I'm not mad about Isabelle, in fact I think she's adorable. I'm pissed off at how absolutely BORING this direct was. The only thing that even caught my interest was that new Gundum game.
Well it was an Nintendo Direct. Not a Smash one. We should be lucky we even got one reveal tbh.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm ready for a Bethesda rep.
  1. Doom Guy: Extremely significant to the creation shooter genre. Has a very successful game on the Switch.
  2. Dovakhin: Skyrim was the first Western game in Japan to get a 40/40 on Famitsu, the game is highly successful and acclaimed around the world. Has a very successful game on the Switch that Nintendo pushed to be part of the initial Switch reveal.
  3. Vault Boy: Fallout 76 is right around the corner, making Fallout the most relevant of the Bethesda franchises for DLC. Vault Boy's cartoony style would fit Smash well.
All of these picks would be great for representing new genres (shooters, western RPGS) and Western games in Smash in general.
HOLY MOTHER OF ****

I would die if Doom Slayer ACTUALLY made it in. And I know CaptainAmerica CaptainAmerica would lose his **** over the Dragonborn. Any Bethesda character is a good choice and my personal choice is Doom Slayer.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1. It's called Gundam
2. It's not Gundam

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
D

Deleted member

Yeah, sorry, but that "leak" saying no Geno is bogus and maybe even is one of those "L E A K E R S" that say half truths. Sakurai knows the Geno requests for for almost 10 years, at this rate. It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't be in the roster after all this time and this game being the most they've listened to the fans.

Michaelrexx

Smash Cadet
Hey guys don't forget this wasn't a smash direct. Theyre hopefully saving the best for last. I bet we still have two more instances of characters being shown

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Smash is the only series now where I actively look forward to DLC xD. I feel like most of the characters I want aren't gonna be in the base game.

With Nintendo putting so much of their resources into the Switch, I feel like Ultimate will have a longer life than previous games. Hopefully we get more characters down the line!
Especially considering the Switch has outperformed the Wii U in sales so far, so the console should have a longer life cycle. It's going to feel so good...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
They’re already doing it with Elma, Chorus Kids, and anyone that isn’t a Gen7/Ken/anyone still surviving leakswise. At least Skull Kid is basically out of the running now

I just wish one of these two would happen:
1. Verg somehow finds out about more characters
2. A surprise reveal happens that isn’t one of the commonly leaked characters

I guess I’m starting to get pessimistic now despite said characters not being deconfirmed and DLC being an almost definite possibility...
Skull kid is not out of the running lmao. Do I really need to post "the list" again?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
How can the Dante leaker not know the final roster, but at the same time know that Geno and Skull Kid are not in?
Skull Kid could be a boss, but Geno...?
Would he be an AT or something? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom