• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I really think that people are writing off Dante too hard based on the "just a guess" idea. Sure it's plausible, but everyone is forgetting the earlier leak of a ton of DMC5 info (some of which was proven to be 100% real) that came alongside a leak of Dante in Smash.
Remember when the ESRB leaker posted a fake DLC list?
As in, the ESRB leaker who leaked the entire game.

Dante Man can do it too.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
Well Isabelle sure threw me for a loop considering I was expecting an echo. I now feel only 3 more non-echoes max.

Incineroar revealed during a small Pokemon direct which also announces gen 8 and some let's go stuff.

Geno and Skull Kid during the final smash direct because I'm now feeling that 103 could be the final stage count.

D

Deleted member

So I KNOW I'M GONNA SOUND LIKE I'M GRASPING AT STRAWS, BUT HEAR ME OUT.
Y'know how before we thought that Square Enix were stingy with their properties, right? The Direct today kinda busted that whole thing out with not JUST Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered and FFXV Pocket Edition HD...

But we got Final Fantasy VII, IX, XII, X and X-2 HD Remaster next year.

This is VERY shocking to see, especially FFVII coming onto a Nintendo console after 20 years. So, this brings me to the question. With seeing how Square is now going all in on Switch support, which probably have been in the works even before Octopath Traveler's release...

COULD WE SEE MORE THAN TWO FINAL FANTASY SONGS IN SMASH???

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I really think that people are starting to write off Dante too hard based on the "just a guess" idea. Sure it's plausible, but everyone is forgetting the earlier leak of a ton of DMC5 info (some of which was proven to be 100% real) that came alongside a leak of Dante in Smash.
Dante in Smash was a separate comment though, and whoever posted it said they were verifying the actual Dante in Smash leak, and I have no idea where to find said leak :S

plus guess-leaks have happened before, and he somehow knows who's not in, meaning he'd need to have a source who actually works on the game, being very unlikely.

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
Y'know how before we thought that Square Enix were stingy with their properties, right? The Direct today kinda busted that whole thing out with not JUST Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered and FFXV Pocket Edition HD...

This is VERY shocking to see, especially FFVII coming onto a Nintendo console after 20 years. So, this brings me to the question. With seeing how Square is now going all in on Switch support, which probably have been in the works even before Octopath Traveler's release...

I mean they could be hiding stuff for whatever reason, but the final fantasy section still just says 2 songs.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't even think Smash Ultimate is a real game.
How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren’t real

I would love that. If not FFVII, you could put OTHER FF songs on Midgar, like seriously why didn’t Sakurai consider that

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I felt like NSMBWii and NSMBU had a ton of heart/soul. They were hyper well built multiplayer platformers, and honestly, I've never played anything quite like them otherwise. They were pretty easy and not super exciting if you played solo since the levels were completely designed around players bumping into each other and dealing with that, and there were these handheld games that didn't have the entire purpose of the series present but used the same title and art style despite having almost nothing in common from a gameplay perspective. Nintendo didn't well communicate that the console games weren't really connected to the handheld games, and that led to a huge backlash because the handheld games were lacking in quality and people conflated them. It's a big shame, but NSMBU was outstanding and NSLU was also a quality buy so I think the deluxe version is actually a pretty great thing for anyone who didn't own a Wii U.

Mushroom Kingdom U is also a mostly good Smash stage that was bizarrely ruined by the dev team in 4 by the inclusion of the awful Nabbit hazard, but we'll be able to turn him off in Ultimate so I really look forward to getting the stage back. It would have probably been one of my favorites since I'm a sucker for touring and basic transforming stages so I'm actually really pumped for that.
Thing is, turning off hazards might also turn off MKU's transformations, which would suck, but it makes sense given how other stages change.

I agree with what you said on NSMBW and NSMBU/NSLU though. I really loved playing through those games, and I feel like they get a worse rap than they deserve.

Also, I disagree on the handheld games being lacking in quality. NSMB DS was a great game IMO, one of my favorite DS games, personally. Also, it was the first NSMB in the series, so it makes sense why it was so different. NSMB2 is a little different, but I believe it was still a pretty good game.

Chrono.

The producer for DMCV outright saying he isn't in is the weirdest thing to me.

But idk how NDAs really work anyway.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

YOU GET...one extra song and some Tifa
I demand my leaker cult.

For the record, my favorite newcomer tiers are now as follows:

YESSSSS:
:ultinkling::ultkrool:[Isabelle]
Yay!:
:ultdaisy::ultridley:
Nice:
:ultchrom::ultsimon:
Okay:
:ultdarksamus::ultrichter:
Imma follow your ways of life

YEEEESSSSSS: :ultinkling::ultridley::ultkrool:Isabelle
Yay: :ultdaisy:
Noice: :ultchrom::ultdarksamus::ultsimon:
Oh Kay: :ultrichter:

IronTed

Smash Ace
The direct was amazing imo. Luigi's Mansion 3 has me hyped, and the NSMBUDX threw me off completely. January is so random, but hey, I'm getting it anyway. The FF stuff was also awesome, so much for Sony exclusivity.

Isabelle looks cool, and I'm glad she's not an echo. Animal Crossing definitely deserves two unique fighters, and Isabelle fit the bill perfectly. Also is another feather in Vergeben's cap.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Have to say I feel bad for skull kid fans. The guy who got their hopes up credibility has been ripped to shreds.

Untouch

Smash Master
The producer for DMCV outright saying he isn't in is the weirdest thing to me.

But idk how NDAs really work anyway.
If he was in, and he was under NDA, even saying that he isn't in would be breaking NDA.
This is in contrast to Pete Hines saying that he talked to Nintendo about Smash. Of course I don't know what NDA he would be under, but this wouldn't be breaking NDA.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.

I think the FF music thing likely has to do with the FF7 composer being, reportedly, a PITA to work with, than Square, as the composer has left Square and is on his own now.

Which is why I'm hoping for another FF game to get a character because all of the series' awesome music can probably go there.

Noipoi

Howdy!
My most current tier list.

YOU'RE A KID YOU'RE A SQUID YOU'RE A KID YO-
:ultinkling:

HELL YEAH!
Isabelle

Radcial
:ultkrool::ultridley::ultdaisy:

Cool
:ultsimon::ultchrom::ultdarksamus:

I literally couldn't care less
:ultrichter:

I love Splatoon so much Inkling gets a tier all their own. So happy they're here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dante is a lock, because we need our memes to come true.

Super Smash Brothers Ultimate ft. Dante from the Devil May Cry series & Knuckles

it's fake, dang it.
Excuse me you forgot the New Funky Mode
:troll:

Anyway off to bed, night all

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
My Smash Ultimate character tier list:

S-Tier: :ultridley::ultkrool:
A-Tier: :ultinkling::ultsimon::ultdarksamus:
B-Tier: :ultrichter: Isabelle (She's a good newcomer in a vacuum, it's just the execution of her announcement was disappointing)
C-Tier: :ultchrom::ultdaisy:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
You guys are really not well-versed in the internet if this is what you consider to be "hostile".
I was trying to think of a better word, but I was blanking. My point was that there's no reason to mock people for wanting a character, you look like an asshole if you do that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom