• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
-Ayumi Tachibana
-Geno
-Incineroar
-Karate Joe
-Ken(E)
-Shadow(E)

If these were the final characters for Base. How satisfied would you guys be?
Disappointed that Banjo & Kazooie didn't get in but hope to see them in DLC. Afterwards I'd turn my focus to Incineroar, Ayumi Tachibana and Karate Joe and try to learn them with a bit of satisfaction.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
No character is a shoo-in. But if there was a character closest to being a shoo-in, it would be Inkling.
And if there were a second character closest to being a shoo-in, it would totally be Isabelle.

This inclusion made a lot of sense to me. Been pretty much expecting her since even before the game was officially announced.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Now that our high standards for full-on newcomers has been knocked down in many peoples eyes, I'm surprised I'm seeing the same-old same-old.

...bring back the Paper Mario and BWD days...

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
Man, I just realized. Isabelle's Lloyd Rocket will probably be pretty lethal on stages with low ceilings.

I wonder how similar it is to Olimar's Ship item. It obviously doesn't go as high, but I feel like it could still be powerful.

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
Hey guys don't forget this wasn't a smash direct. Theyre hopefully saving the best for last. I bet we still have two more instances of characters being shown
My prediction is another Smash direct in October and a 50 fact extravaganza in November where they'll reveal the final roster (It'll probably be all leaked by then though).

D

Deleted member

No character is a shoo-in. But if there was a character closest to being a shoo-in, it would be Inkling.
And if there were a second character closest to being a shoo-in, it would totally be Isabelle.
I dunno, *insert character that I like* is a shoo-in because *insert coincidence here.*

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Why is Skull Kid suddenly considered unlikely? I thought we already outed loz as being fake since he got everything related to the August direct wrong.

The chairs weren't the only evidence. I never thought he was a lock, but this sudden turn around for seemingly no reason kinda annoys me tbh.

Last edited:

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Nobody really likes NSMB anymore after how hard it was milked. It's just a hollow series made to put a new Mario on a console. There's no real heart or soul put into it. There's better party games.
I felt like NSMBWii and NSMBU had a ton of heart/soul. They were hyper well built multiplayer platformers, and honestly, I've never played anything quite like them otherwise. They were pretty easy and not super exciting if you played solo since the levels were completely designed around players bumping into each other and dealing with that, and there were these handheld games that didn't have the entire purpose of the series present but used the same title and art style despite having almost nothing in common from a gameplay perspective. Nintendo didn't well communicate that the console games weren't really connected to the handheld games, and that led to a huge backlash because the handheld games were lacking in quality and people conflated them. It's a big shame, but NSMBU was outstanding and NSLU was also a quality buy so I think the deluxe version is actually a pretty great thing for anyone who didn't own a Wii U.

Mushroom Kingdom U is also a mostly good Smash stage that was bizarrely ruined by the dev team in 4 by the inclusion of the awful Nabbit hazard, but we'll be able to turn him off in Ultimate so I really look forward to getting the stage back. It would have probably been one of my favorites since I'm a sucker for touring and basic transforming stages so I'm actually really pumped for that.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Wait what why are we suddenly turning on Shadow
I don't think anyone's turning on Shadow, per se.

It's just that if Isabelle is a semi-clone then that means Tails can be too.

For all we know, we could get both Shadow and Tails (Shadow being an Echo and Tails being a semi-Clone).

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Alright, so I got my prediction correct about Isabelle being announced attached to an Animal Crossing announcement, taunted people who always naysay me for having a loose speculation style, proclaimed that I really like Isabelle's addition to the cast, and now it's time for bed.

Hope you guys untangle yourselves eventually

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Why is Skull Kid suddenly considered unlikely? I thought we already outed loz as being fake since he got everything related to the August direct wrong.

The chairs weren't the only evidence. I never thought he was a lock, but this sudden turn around for seemingly no reason kinda annoys me tbh.
Because of a leak that in no way could be a lucky guess based off of Vergeben and previous leaks /s :c

Last edited:

FantasticMr.StarPit

Smash Journeyman

I'm ready for a Bethesda rep.
  1. Doom Guy: Extremely significant to the creation shooter genre. Has a very successful game on the Switch.
  2. Dovakhin: Skyrim was the first Western game in Japan to get a 40/40 on Famitsu, the game is highly successful and acclaimed around the world. Has a very successful game on the Switch that Nintendo pushed to be part of the initial Switch reveal.
  3. Vault Boy: Fallout 76 is right around the corner, making Fallout the most relevant of the Bethesda franchises for DLC. Vault Boy's cartoony style would fit Smash well.
All of these picks would be great for representing new genres (shooters, western RPGS) and Western games in Smash in general.
This brings so much hope for Doomguy or Doom Slayer now that I hear about this. I must.... GAHH!! I can't help it.

Dragonborn-Hmm, he could be cool.

Vault Boy- hmm, nah, maybe a trophy, but that's pretty much it.

D

Deleted member

Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester I know, but still. Knew I should've be hesitant about being excited for this one.

Will Will 1. Sorry. 2. It's not? It looked pretty similar to Xenoblade Chronicles X. I just called it that because that's what came to my mind when I saw that game.

Idon Idon Bruh. At this rate, I'm gonna be in my mid 30s when SMT V comes out.

D

Deleted member

Alright, so I got my prediction correct about Isabelle being announced attached to an Animal Crossing announcement, taunted people who always naysay me for having a loose speculation style, proclaimed that I really like Isabelle's addition to the cast, and now it's time for bed.

Hope you guys untangle yourselves eventually
You got it right? YOU MUST HAVE INSIDER INFO.

Untouch

Smash Master
I don't want to get my hopes up for DoomGuy or really any Bethesda character. I already got let down with K Rool in Smash 4 I'm not getting let down again.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Dante at least has actual chances unlike say someone like Scorpion which people requests for some reason despite having 0% chance of ever getting in. :rolleyes:

Scorpion in Smash. LMAO like that will ever happen. :joyful:
LOL replace Scorpion here with Cloud, Bayonetta, Snake, or even Simon/Richter then come back with Ultimate and tell me how you feel then

D

Deleted member

This inclusion made a lot of sense to me. Been pretty much expecting her since even before the game was officially announced.
Inklings and Isabelle were definitely shoo-ins.
Just ask Opossum Opossum

And for Smash 4, I don't think anyone would disagree about the E3 2014 reveals being the most obvious of all.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if people buying Direct info in the dark web was real lol.

No credible leaks have had Shadow yet.
Meme page has insider info confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Just got home.

I was able to go to the bathroom during the character reveal

Saw it was Isabelle. Got cockteasted by the Nook part, hoping Nook was somehow in. As a costume? As an echo? Was disappointed. My dreams shattered.

...Also it wasn't Geno I guess so that sucks.

---

But, this is one point for Verg. And Verg said there is a SE character. So there is still hope!

Is loz a fake now?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Now that our high standards for full-on newcomers has been knocked down in many peoples eyes, I'm surprised I'm seeing the same-old same-old.

...bring back the Paper Mario and BWD days...
Paper Mario and Bandanna Dee were pretty popular back in July and the months before. After the August direct they just kinda fell off the face of the earth.
It's a shame really.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Also I gotta say that I think this Dante leak is kinda bogus. The only way he could know if a character wasn't in the game is if he's seen the full roster, if so then why wouldn't he just say what the final roster is?

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You guys are really not well-versed in the internet if this is what you consider to be "hostile".
Or we are and it can still be read as hostile? Internet knowledge and understanding vague hostility can co-exist.
I doubt he meant any harm, but it's easy to read it as being snipey.

Just got home.

I was able to go to the bathroom during the character reveal

Saw it was Isabelle. Got cockteasted by the Nook part, hoping Nook was somehow in. As a costume? As an echo? Was disappointed. My dreams shattered.

...Also it wasn't Geno I guess so that sucks.

---

But, this is one point for Verg. And Verg said there is a SE character. So there is still hope!

Is loz a fake now?
What's this about loz?

Paper Mario and Bandanna Dee were pretty popular back in July and the months before. After the August direct they just kinda fell off the face of the earth.
It's a shame really.
Which doesn't matter seeing as the roster was decided in 2015.
That's what I tell myself.
I'm so very discouraged Noi.
Please kill me.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder if people buying Direct info in the dark web was real lol.
Ah snap man more leaks.

This alone has me convinced the Dante thing was a guess, lol. It would have been a lot more impressive if it was before Verge said anything about her. To each their own, though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also I gotta say that I think this Dante leak is kinda bogus. The only way he could know if a character wasn't in the game is if he's seen the full roster, if so then why wouldn't he just say what the final roster is?
You make a good point. I'm rather skeptical too.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Honestly wouldn't be opposed to a Bethesda rep, but it's probably not happening in the base game.

In terms of newcomers so far, my hype meters goes...
:ultridley: 20/10
:ultkrool:10/10
:ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter: 8/10
:ultdarksamus: 7/10
:ultisabelle: 5/10
:ultchrom: 4/10
:ultdaisy: 0/10

Last edited:

Michaelrexx

Smash Cadet
My prediction is another Smash direct in October and a 50 fact extravaganza in November where they'll reveal the final roster (It'll probably be all leaked by then though).
That would make sense looking back at how they did 4. There's still so much they haven't shown us so there's gotta be two more info dumps

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think anyone's turning on Shadow, per se.

It's just that if Isabelle is a semi-clone then that means Tails can be too.

For all we know, we could get both Shadow and Tails (Shadow being an Echo and Tails being a semi-Clone).
...& Knuckles...:sadsheep:
Man, I just realized. Isabelle's Lloyd Rocket will probably be pretty lethal on stages with low ceilings.

I wonder how similar it is to Olimar's Ship item. It obviously doesn't go as high, but I feel like it could still be powerful.
Isabelle will be a bigger threat than Snake

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
I really think that people are starting to write off Dante too hard based on the "just a guess" idea. Sure it's plausible, but everyone is forgetting the earlier leak of a ton of DMC5 info (some of which was proven to be 100% real) that came alongside a leak of Dante in Smash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom