• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Where the hell is this semi clone garbage coming from? She has one move shared with villager. One. Yeah her dash is similar, but her planting attack, and recovery are almost completely different. The rest of her moves are 100% unique but y’all slapped her with clone status anyways? Huh? That confuses the **** right outta me.
- Same dash attack
- Same neutral special
- Same grab and probably throws
- Same final smash
- Differently animated but functionally similar up special
- Down B is tree and loid rocket smashed together
- Inkling down smash
- Possibly peach nair

And then we have 4 of her aerials, and her down tilt not shown, those could be the same.

She's basically a brawl semi-clone.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
I feel we'll probably see these at some point:

Shadow (38e)
Ken (60e)
Incineroar

Others I think are pretty likely:

Geno
Isaac

Other than that, I honestly have know idea lol. And I kind of like being in that boat.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My final prediction for base:
69. Elma
70. Gen 7 Pokemon
71. Chorus Kids
60e. Ken
72. Waddle Dee
73. Neku
74. Lloyd
75. Black Shadow (Isabelle/Lucas/Wolf style semi clone hence why he isn’t 11e)
76. Dante
77. Isaac
36e. Dixie
38e. Shadow

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Apparently at this point the Rathatos picture and chairs & pillows may had not been indicating Isaac and Skull Kid. The latter there's still hope for DLC.

I would had added them onto my current final prediction but knowing the trend with Smash games there's always a new retro and Pokemon.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I kind of want the music theory to be real because I'd rather have a Dragon Quest character over Geno, don't be upset.
Lol. No one SHOULD be upset, but if you like or dislike anything, people WILL ***** that you don't like or dislike it like that do.

Or go. "I...I'm n..not mad at the haters."

Just do you dude. Which DQ character did you want?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Nah, she's pretty close to what lucas and wolf were, entirely unique normals and derivative specials with the same final smash.
I feel like Dixie will also be this. And I'm ok with that all the way. I remember when my ignorant mind thought Wolf was a Fox clone at a glance until I actually played him.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Where the hell is this semi clone garbage coming from? She has one move shared with villager. One. Yeah her dash is similar, but her planting attack, and recovery are almost completely different. The rest of her moves are 100% unique but y’all slapped her with clone status anyways? Huh? That confuses the **** right outta me.
We've seen like half of her moves be based off of Villager. Pocket, Balloon up special, build a house town hall final smash, butterfly net grab, lloid rocket, tripping dash attack, and down smash is a water version of Villagers

D

Deleted member

Isabelle: *share two moves with Villager*
You guys: "Oh so she's a semi clone!"
NAir is different.
Smashes are different.
All specials besides Pocket are different.
All tilts are different.
Grab is the same but it's still just a ****ing grab, that's the most generic part of most fighters' movesets.

But yeah, she's a semi clone.
I could at least understand where the "Wolf is a clone" misconception comes from as all his specials look similar but this is just silly.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Please, let’s do that then. I don’t understand the point in convoluting stuff with characters being semi clones. Can we just admit that there are echoes and then there are non echoes? Isabelle is unique enough to be considered her own character there’s no reason to slap another label on the character.
We could but it's hard to change existing precedent. If people have been calling Lucas and Wolf semi clones then it's easier to include Isabelle in that umbrella term than it is to scrap the term altogether.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Isabelle: *share two moves with Villager*
You guys: "Oh so she's a semi clone!"
NAir is different.
Smashes are different.
All specials besides Pocket are different.
All tilts are different.
Grab is the same but it's still just a ****ing grab, that's the most generic part of most fighters' movesets.

But yeah, she's a semi clone.
I could at least understand where the "Wolf is a clone" misconception comes from as all his specials look similar but this is just silly.
Did we even see all of her moves?

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I think one of the other factors in this saltiness over Isabelle is that the direct got postponed a week and waiting got people antsy and made peoples expectations get higher.

Untouch

Smash Master
Hmm, Isabelle is notably the only (non-echo) newcomer so far without a new song in her fighter video.
Actually on further inspection, it's the case for echos too, Chrom's version of Id Purpose is very slightly new.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Nook even says that he himself will stay behind (as in gearing up for Animal Crossing 2019) while no one is there and are out in spin-offs such as Smash or Pocket Camp at the moment. It’s an in-universe jab at the fact someone has to stay behind and watch things while others are away. They had to announce the game and may want to hold off on gameplay, so tying it into Isabelle’s reveal made sense to appease AC fans at the moment. I wouldn’t read too much into it, man. You are probably setting yourself up for disappointment.
I’m not gonna be dissapointed. It’s not a huge deal to me either way. I am very satisfied with what we have Animal Crossing-wise. It just reminds me a lot of Chrom in Robin’s reveal trailer. Seems very possible they’ll do something similar to Nook. And even if it’s not a direct hint. It’s pretty significant acknowledgement of the character. Who was also acknowledged in Villager’s trailer. I’m just sayin that people shouldn’t write him off. I’m not expecting him, I’m just not accepting him as deconfirmed.

Oddbaum21

Smash Rookie
I started screaming when I saw Isabelle. I screamed more when she got confirmed. I screamed more when I saw the animal crossing 2019 announcement. I’m really salty about Mario Bros U getting announced for the Switch. I think they might announce Yo Kai Watch 3 around Christmas and add a Yo Kai as a newcomer, considering you can fight Lord Enma, Zazel, and other Yo Kai Watch 3 Yo Kai.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Predictions:
38e - Shadow
60e - Ken
16e - Impa

69 - Incineroar
70 - Elma
71 - Dixie Kong (Semi-clone)
72 - Bandana Dee
73 - Isaac
74 - Geno

That seems like a fairly safe bet to me

Last edited:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Echo (Lucina, Dark Pit, Richter)
Clone (Pichu, Doctor Mario, Young link, Toon Link)
Semi-Clone (Roy, Lucas, Falco, Luigi)
Original (Marth, Samus, Ness, Mario, Fox)

It's not that hard to tell the difference between the categories.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Didn't he show up in Project X Zone? If so, it's more strenuous than the few pieces of evidence Cloud had until now.
To my knowledge, that is his only appearance, and it's in a cast filled with LOADS of different characters, so it's not like he's the star of the game. I'm not saying it's impossible, but if I'm perfectly honest, it's a HUGE longshot IMO.

Cloud was in multiple spin-offs and played a prominent role in those games, not to mention he is the face of an iconic franchise that has history with Nintendo. I'm not saying Dante isn't popular, but I don't think his series has the same weight as something like Final Fantasy, plus his franchise has absolutely nothing to do with Nintendo. Every character present in Smash has history with Nintendo regardless if their games are still coming to Nintendo systems. DMC doesn't have that, which is what really makes me doubt this.

Plus, the original leaker typed out the entire supposed reveal trailer out and described it in great detail. If Vergeben can't get solid info on the characters he's leaked, why would this person have such access? Things just don't add up to me.

kylexv

Smash Master
The second what lol
Some guy on the comments of a fake 4chan leak two days ago said that Isabelle would be revealed in the direct.
He also said that Incineroar, Ken, and Dante were in and that Geno and Skull Kid are not in. Dante is to be revealed in November apparently.
Probably just a lucky guess, but here it is:

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'd wait 'til Dante is actually confirmed for that leak.

As if it's out of the realm of possibility for it to get Isabelle right and also include Dante when leaks have included both :I If I remember right, Vergeben wasn't 100% sure Isabelle was an echo, and that leak didn't say whether she was an echo or unique.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I’m not gonna be dissapointed. It’s not a huge deal to me either way. I am very satisfied with what we have Animal Crossing-wise. It just reminds me a lot of Chrom in Robin’s reveal trailer. Seems very possible they’ll do something similar to Nook. And even if it’s not a direct hint. It’s pretty significant acknowledgement of the character. Who was also acknowledged in Villager’s trailer. I’m just sayin that people shouldn’t write him off. I’m not expecting him, I’m just not accepting him as deconfirmed.
Clearly this means Nook gets his chance another day. Probably in the next game or something.

And we still don't get to beat Resetti's face in. Por Que?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
So, although I disliked the Isabelle trailer for not acclimating to the smash ultimate pace (like villager was able to do in 4 with his debut), I thought of a way the trailer could have been better with a simple change while keeping it's intended laid back tone:

The character who delivered the smash letter to Isabelle...is Duck Hunt Duo.

He comes through the door with the letter in its mouth and Isabelle takes it "ooh thanks so much!" (Or however she usually acts I haven't played the games) and then the trailer plays as normal.

This accomplishes so much more. We mainly get character interactions between different universes, that truly makes it feels like a smash Bros trailer. Heck, you get a cute animal job and wonder why the animals in the AC village are anthropomorphic while the DHD aren't, further emphasising universe differences.

Done deal. Would have brought the trailer from a 2 to a 6.5/10 for me tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom