• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Remember that one leaker who came up with like 10 unique fake renders?

Then it all came crumbling down when it took people like 2 hours to realize he forgot R.O.B. on the roster.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
The pattern is identical.
The spikes are in the exact same position with the exact same colours.
The only thing that's different is the eyes, which could have been edited in 10 seconds, and it's at a slightly different angle (which could have easily done from inside of smash, or another modelling program.

It matches the Mii costume as well, but no other render I could find.
i cant beleieve skull kid looks like skull kid

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Okaaaaaay, leak is still not debunked then? Great, cool. So uh, Imma go for like half an hour and hopefully this will be solved by then, please hopfully yay okay, bye.

D

Deleted member

I hate that Agnes is a topic again.

Me and Zeb used to be hardcore supporters of her as Smash 4 DLC.

She never ended up happening. I don't she will happen in Ultimate either. :'(

I would love a character whose mechanics are based on the Brave and Default RPG gameplay. There is a lot you could do storing Braves to create insane combos in Smash gameplay. Too bad that an Octopath character is more likely than Bravely character as Smash Ultimate DLC. :(
I'd still say BD is more likely than Octopath due to it being an ongoing series and having a more clear set of protagonists(seriously, who do you pick from Octopath? They're like the Koopalings, you can't have just one and they wouldn't work as costumes so...)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Then it all came crumbling when it took people like 2 hours to realize he forgot R.O.B. on the roster.
Tbf I’m glad it was fake cause Elma’s render looked ugly af and Raiden’s was shamelessly ripped from the PS2 MGS2

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
One of the weirder things with that Isabelle image are the ears. And the shape of the face

Isabelle has a fatter face and her ears are usually a lot larger

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Okaaaaaay, leak is still not debunked then? Great, cool. So uh, Imma go for like half an hour and hopefully this will be solved by then, please hopfully yay okay, bye.
Its definitely debunked, but the leaker definitely put effort to shopping the picks. The Girl, Isaac, Ken and Shadow renders are honestly not found anywhere I believe.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Then it all came crumbling when it took people like 2 hours to realize he forgot R.O.B. on the roster.
The minor details that can easily prove a leak fake...damn

Shroob

Sup?

To be fair, we didn't even realize ROB was missing. The leaker came clean before we even realized it saying he forgot ROB.

......No one remembers ROB.

D

Deleted member

Wait, what leak was that? I must have missed it

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
So did they take it and like, bent it slighlty downwards orrrrrr...
No. Rotating it would not work, as it wouldn't change the direction the eyes are facing. There are also clear color and blending differences between the two, as well as a few inconsistent details (mostly with how wide some of the lines are).

Either the person who made this took time to annoy people like me who stick onto very tiny details, or it could be real.

And if Skull Kid was in the game at all, it shouldn't come as a shock that the Assist Trophy model from Smash 4 would be used as a reference. It's literally the only official HD model of Skull kid around.

EDIT: Forgot about Hyrule Warriors, but I don't think those designs would be used for anything other than Hyrule Warriors. Plus, why pull from a spinoff game when the Skull Kid model is literally right there in Smash 4?

Last edited:

Untouch

Smash Master
i cant beleieve skull kid looks like skull kid
Like I said, other renders, including renders by nintendo themselves have different designs and colours. This one is identical.
Skull_Kid_Ocarina_(Hyrule_Warriors)[1].png
Here's a model from Hyrule Warriors. The colours and general design is different.
but here it is the SAME model. Since the model likely wasn't designed around character use (bones didn't work properly), they'd have to redo it.

StormC

Smash Hero
To be fair, we didn't even realize ROB was missing. The leaker came clean before we even realized it saying he forgot ROB.

......No one remembers ROB.
That's my point. R.O.B. is the most forgettable Smash character, lol.

Wait, what leak was that? I must have missed it
It was a few weeks ago? It had New Villager (lol), Raiden, Elma... forget who else. Mostly new (painted) renders. People whipped themselves into a frenzy because, after ESRB, a leak that can't be immediately traced must have some sort of validity no matter how stupid it is.

Same thing happened with the Decidueye/Spring-Man video. No matter how poor it looked, people bought into it because it was originally created.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Expecting that Skull kid render to be legit when it shares the same ****ty quality of his AT model, it's like expecting Dark samus should've kept the same ****ty quality from her AT, but guess what, she didn't, and of course she wouldn't. There is no lazyness in this game's team to keep a previous quality on model RENDERS, so don't expect skull kid to have a render that looks as simple and bland as his AT. They could've easily found a screencap or something of his AT and rotated it, anyone can do that.

cd1ti2ot4xe11.png

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
While we're on the topic of Ayumi:

How do you think the casual fanbase would react if Ayumi was revealed? Given how Sakurai is revealing the entire roster before release, its kinda interesting to think that Sakurai would have to sell people on characters they've never heard of if he puts in anyone obscure.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Geno could simply not get in because he's not a very important SE character, simple as that. Outside his crazy popularity, Geno is not a shoe-in over Square reps that represent successful games/franchises like Agnes. And before anyone says anything, Mario represents SMRPG, it has his name in the title. Geno is a member of the supporting cast.

The leak is obviously fake, but not because it has some weird Agnes render in it and not Geno. Having Agnes in the game and not Geno should not offend anyone or be seen as an outrage.

Sakurai likes Geno and has considered him, but that doesn't make him a lock, now or ever. If he reaches out to Square for another rep, Agnes is safe bet because the Bravely games were immensely well-received. Sephiroth is a good bet because of Cloud, villains and the character's impact on gaming. Geno is a safe bet because of popularity among some of the community. Sora is a safe bet because KH is a big deal and he has a lot working in his favor. And so on and so forth.

I just wish everyone would stop acting like Geno is the ONLY Square rep we could possibly see just because they like him and Sakurai threw him a bone in one sentence in an interview a few years ago. He said he wanted him in Brawl and it didn't happen. Then we got Sm4sh and guess what? We got Cloud over Geno, because Sakurai weighed Cloud's fame and FF7's success against Geno, and Cloud won. There's no guarantee it won't happen again. Please, everyone, keep your expectations reasonable. Geno is cool, but he's not a lock.

That's all I'll say on that. I don't want all of Geno's supporters thinking I'm against him or them. Just against the idea that he's guaranteed to be the second SE rep and any evidence to the contrary is impossible. We may very well get Agnes. But that render says nothing about the situation at all. Who knows if it's even her? It certainly isn't Tifa.

D

Deleted member

They could've easily found a screencap or something of his AT and rotated it, anyone can do that.
You do realise you can't rotate pics like that, right? They're 2D images, not a 3D model.

But I do find the comparison to the AT model interesting.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
No. Rotating it would not work, as it wouldn't change the direction the eyes are facing. There are also clear color and blending differences between the two, as well as a few inconsistent details (mostly with how wide some of the lines are).

Either the person who made this took time to annoy people like me who stick onto very tiny details, or it could be real.

And if Skull Kid was in the game at all, it shouldn't come as a shock that the Assist Trophy model from Smash 4 would be used as a reference. It's literally the only official HD model of Skull kid around.

EDIT: Forgot about Hyrule Warriors, but I don't think those designs would be used for anything other than Hyrule Warriors. Plus, why pull from a spinoff game when the Skull Kid model is literally right there in Smash 4?
Well what the ****. So none of the models are reused then?

Enchess

Smash Lord
It's either one of these:
1. Tifa
2. Agnes
3. Ayumi
4. That chick from Fatal Frame whose name I always forget I think it's Miku or something idk
As a huge Fatal Frame fanatic, I'm gonna say that pic doesn't at all look Fatal Frame to me. My money's on Ayumi.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
If, by some horrific miracle, every generation of Pokemon received a fighter in Smash, echo or not, who would be the best your favorite, perhaps not most likely, picks?

personally,
Kanto: Meowth
Johto: Celebi (Maybe Togepi)
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Darkrai
Unova: Samurott
Kalos: Hawlucha
Alola: Buzzwole
Kanto: Raichu (Echo) [I don't want any more Gen 1 reps]
Johto: Marill
Hoenn: Gardevoir
Sinnoh: Darkrai
Unova: Gothitelle (Echo) [I'm weird, Gothitelle is my fav for Unova]
Kalos: Hawlucha
Alola: Mimikyu..but deconfirmed, so Decidueye
Honestly I just wanted an opportunity to post Waluigi holding a gun.
He's not gonna turn any heads.
The weird parts of the internet disagree..

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
This place is having a lot of fun! Really nice to watch the debate! 96 users here right now and 114 guests

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
You do realise you can't rotate pics like that, right? They're 2D images, not a 3D model.

But I do find the comparison to the AT model interesting.
-cough- I was talking about taking a screenshot of the game where the AT appeared. You do realise you can pause, move and zoom in and rotate the camera, right?

Shroob

Sup?
If the leak is trying to line up with Verg's, then it's most definitely Agnes, with the ? probably being Incineroar.

I assume whoever made the leak couldn't find/make a convincing Incineroar model.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Hey Imadethistoseealeak Imadethistoseealeak

Thank you for your hard work in updating the list!

I appreciate you making this thread for everyone to display their work also thank you for the shout out.

However, to humble myself I must say these among others that I have done were not 'right' the first time around so I will be updating them to fit the scheme that the other icons have. As everyone should have nice things and I can admit where I have misstepped.

So here you go some edits to a few of them, more on the way but this has been a busy week for me.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This place is having a lot of fun! Really nice to watch the debate! 96 users here right now and 114 guests

I wish it happened more often. The message games were getting super stale (and its only been 2.5 weeks since the last info drop). Hopefully we start getting more picture rumors the closer we get to release. they are much more fun to talk about.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If the leak is trying to line up with Verg's, then it's most definitely Agnes, with the ? probably being Incineroar.

I assume whoever made the leak couldn't find/make a convincing Incineroar model.
or the Square character

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Its definitely both Loz's and Verg's since its literally all of their characters save for Shadow and the Girl (lol)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Agnes would be so disappointing. SO. DISAPPOINTING.

If we're not getting Geno, at least give me another Cloud level Square icon please. Not just ''girl from rising and slightly popular JRPG".

Shroob

Sup?
Its definitely both Loz's and Verg's since its literally all of their characters save for Shadow and the Girl (lol)
Honestly, Shadow is one of those characters that has never been part of a leak, but the Smash community just accepts that 'he's in'.

Imagine the **** that'll hit the fan if he's not, and we just hadn't seen his AT yet, and all for an ECHO of all things.

Last edited:

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
While we're on the topic of Ayumi:

How do you think the casual fanbase would react if Ayumi was revealed? Given how Sakurai is revealing the entire roster before release, its kinda interesting to think that Sakurai would have to sell people on characters they've never heard of if he puts in anyone obscure.
I think Ayumi would draw the biggest "Who?" reaction in Smash history. Bigger than Ness in Smash 64, bigger than the FE boys in Melee, bigger than any sort of reaction a retro or WTF character could bring.

Relatively obscure game series? Check. Japan exclusive game series? Check. Retro pick that might confuse younger gamers? Check. She's got it all.

I'd personally be down for it. Detectives are cool. Maybe they'll revitalize the Famicom Detective Club series, too.

LetterO

Smash Lord

Then it all came crumbling down when it took people like 2 hours to realize he forgot R.O.B. on the roster.
That sounds amazing. Do you have the leak in question?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isabelle.png

The ears of this Isabelle are so friggin' weird. They are so small.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

Hold on.

Was that the leak with New Villager?

ReeseBalaski

Smash Journeyman
Well what the ****. So none of the models are reused then?
None that I can find. The comparison pictures for Isabelle and Skull Kid are the closest we have.

To make doubly sure, I'm gonna check some footage of the proper Skull Kid Assist Trophy in-game. I might glean something from that.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Gotta say if that's the remaining roster and this isn't fake (which it's most likely 80 percent fake)....

Disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom