• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, if you had shown me Incineroar, I would have been interested, since this is obviously a "Loz+Verg+Shadow" leak, but said leaker didn't either want to risk using the in-game model of Incineroar, which gets debunked every time, or didn't have the skills necessary to make their own model.

Either way, I'd be fine 100% with all of these characters, but I don't believe it.

Shroob

Sup?
Gotta say if that's the remaining roster and this isn't fake (which it's most likely 80 percent fake)....

Disappointed.
I'm not sure why it's 'disappointing', to be frank.

I personally believe Vergeben, so hey, Isabelle, Ken, Gen7 Pokemon and Square rep are welcome to me.

And Isaac is someone the Smash community has wanted for ****ing ever.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Screw yall, Bravely Default is the raddest ****, and I won't have people naysaying it.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
so honestly if this is a fake leak it's really cool how much thought was put into it, because some of the pictures would be from the CSS roster, some from the CSS player display, and some from the battle screen. It would have been way easier to just do roster renders instead of coming up with multiple sources to show the renders

not saying it's any more credible, but it is a really neat detail in the pics

blazefan519

Smash Ace
None that I can find. The comparison pictures for Isabelle and Skull Kid are the closest we have.

To make doubly sure, I'm gonna check some footage of the proper Skull Kid Assist Trophy in-game. I might glean something from that.
So I guess we're in that limbo of never really truly knowing whether it's real or fake until A. Video Evidence B. Character Confirmation with the same render. I'll definitely be on Team Fake but there's a strong part of me that wants it to be real because 1. RH Rep 2. The Girl being Agnes cuz I love Bravely Default and the salt will be delicious
View attachment 160451

The ears of this Isabelle are so friggin' weird. They are so small.
Bruh why would they make the render even worse than the original if that's what they're basing off of.
Imma say it till the day I die:

That Elma “render” is the stuff of nightmares
****ing **** it is the New Villager leak. End me so I never have to think or imagine that character idea again.

Last edited:

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607
Look at this Shadow render.
5407C7B7-FA8A-467D-8315-83413DCC1283.png
[SPOILER/]

This render is excellent. Even the shoes show degradation and lighting.
If someone showed me a render like this and it wasn’t found anywhere else, I would be considering it. But the fact remains that even as detailed as this is, it’s just a pet project.

It’s clear why so many people have become so difficult to convince these days. They’ve been hurt, guys. They’ve been lied to.

*tears and whimpers*

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ken is a boring echo. He's just never done anything for me as a character.

Shadow isn't someone I really want for the second Sonic rep, echo or not, but I'm of course prepared for him.

Isabelle deserves more than echo status, but I'm prepared either way.

Agnes or Famicom Detective Girl do nothing for me. As I've played neither game and would rather have Geno for the fans or a Square rep who is an icon instead of Agnes.

And never played Rhythm Heaven like Famicom Detective so it's inclusion would do nothing for me.

Isaac and Skull Kid are cool though. That'd legit be the only interesting reveals left in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 269706

I dunno if anyone else has said it, but I'm feeling weird about the way the character select screen is looking. I understand why they are creating it the way they are, but I personally thought the smash4 organization was ideal- grouping characters with their respective franchises and all. Obviously it's not a major concern and will take a few days of getting used to, just seems like with 70+ characters, might be tough to find a few.

Shroob

Sup?

Shadow isn't someone I really want for the second Sonic rep, echo or not, but I'm of course prepared for him.

Agnes or Famicom Detective Girl do nothing for me. As I've played neither game and would rather have Geno for the fans or a Square rep who is an icon instead of Agnes.

And never played Rhythm Heaven like Famicom Detective so it's inclusion would do nothing for me.

Isaac and Skull Kid are cool though. That'd legit be the only interesting reveals left in my opinion.
Ken is literally the perfect Echo character.

Yeah, he's boring, but he's the OG Player2. He's basically THE first fighting game clone outside of Urban Champion more or less.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ken might be the perfect echo character doesn't make him any less boring in my opinion.

I pretty much expect him, but he's still boring.

Last edited:

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Look at this Shadow render.
View attachment 160450[SPOILER/]

This render is excellent. Even the shoes show degradation and lighting.
If someone showed me a render like this and it wasn’t found anywhere else, I would be considering it. But the fact remains that even as detailed as this is, it’s just a pet project.

It’s clear why so many people have become so difficult to convince these days. They’ve been hurt, guys. They’ve been lied to.

*tears and whimpers*
If you don't know, that was made by the Sonic Render-er, Nibroc. He's well known and the community and is basically the guy, when it comes to fan made Sonic Renders aka the place where fake leakers go to get their Shadow render

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just wanna ask the question again since the board was going crazy before.

Anyone think a possible leak exists out there already? Out of the hundreds of texts leaks, that one or two are right?

Nethermoosen

Smash Lord
Switch FC
6001 9919 2607

Ken never did anything....except represent ‘Murica.

His Shoryuken is a symbol of rising freedom.
His Hadoken is high in fats and oils.
His Tatsumaki Senpukyaku is hard for him to pronounce.

Edit: If you listen closely in the original Street Fighter 2, while using Tatsumaki, he rapidly says “Ilikethatblondechick!”
Guess what? He married that blonde chick.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Ken might be the perfect echo character doesn't make him any less boring in my opinion.
I mean, to be frank, I find Ridley boring, heresy, I know.

It's different for everyone.

I find Ridley boring because I got sick of all the "RIDLEY'S IN THE CLOUDS" or "RIDLEY'S SHADOW" **** for a good decade, to the point when he finally got shown off I was like "Finally, thank **** this is done with."

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I certainly won't defend Ken on whether he's boring or not (cause I don't really mess with SF), but if we have Richter over Simon and Shadow over Sonic, it would be almost insane not to have Ken over Ryu

StormC

Smash Hero

Anyone think a possible leak exists out there already? Out of the hundreds of texts leaks, that one or two are right?
Considering practically none of them had Simon and Richter, I doubt it.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
ngl I think this leak is totally phony. The Isaac render is the only one that looks good imo. The bottom 3 are way too blurry to be trustworthy, the character in the top left (agnes or ayumi, whoever) looks a bit off and so does Ken. Also, why would we get a repeat of ESRB this far out from release? I don't think this is anything really.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I certainly won't defend Ken on whether he's boring or not (cause I don't really mess with SF), but if we have Richter over Simon and Shadow over Sonic, it would be almost insane not to have Ken over Ryu
My arguement isn't against adding him to the game. I understand WHY he'd be added, I'm just...not invested in his addition either way.

The Ryu echo that would actually make me go ''Oh, okay." would probably be Akuma.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At least the ESRB leak renders *looked like renders and actually looked decent*. These all look like trash save for easy-to-make ones like Shadow who has a plethora of Smash renders.

And the Isabelle is straight up another render of her. I get that we can't dismiss things anymore because ESRB and "what if?" but it's so obviously fake. That Skull Kid is AT quality.

blazefan519

Smash Ace

In all honesty no. A good majority of them have been debunked over time and some will be debunked in the future and right now there's really none that have caught my eye or fancy in the slightest. Of course we have Loz and Vergeben, the Dante leak, and Mimique, but at the same time what can be said that hasn't already. So I'm just gonna watch how things play out instead.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I asked earlier but got no replies on the matter, but,

Has anything Mimique said conflicted with Verg?
Mimique isn't a leaker

He just has been pretty good at guess

If anything he's closer to a "prophet"

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
Hey guys. I just finished up a support thread for a character I love from a franchise I also immensely love. If you're interested, you can check it out here.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

It's certainly possible. That's why I document every supposed leak, so that way when we do know the full roster we'll be able to know if any of them were actually true.

Dukeofdeath5

Smash Lord
so honestly if this is a fake leak it's really cool how much thought was put into it, because some of the pictures would be from the CSS roster, some from the CSS player display, and some from the battle screen. It would have been way easier to just do roster renders instead of coming up with multiple sources to show the renders

not saying it's any more credible, but it is a really neat detail in the pics
Pics?
Fake Leaks?
CSS roster?
What I miss?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom