• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Untouch

Smash Master
Another thing to add onto the Skull Kid point I was making.
The CSS screen at the moment uses promotional art instead of the ingame model, it has different texture (compare dark samus, its very obvious there), it is significantly more detailed. Even if Skull Kid's AT was just directly ported over, the CSS art would not look the same. Yet it does here.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
My question still stands if anything he's said has butted heads with what Verg's said.[/QUOTE]

To answer your question, not really.

Most of his "predictions" are entirely separate from Vergebens leaks anyway. He agrees that Incineroar is the likely pick though, and believes both Ken and Isabelle are in, but he likely just got those from Vergeben himself. He thinks Geno is the 2nd most likely character to be added, after Skull Kid.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
The person who made this is getting a laugh at us discussing this even if we clearly know it's fake.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
TLDW for Dragalia Lost direct:

The main character could be a Corrin echo in the next Smash game I guess.

and that's about all you missed.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
I will say this is -kind of- clearly faked?? but not for any reasons I've seen anyone say so far

mostly the thing about this that's off for me are the eyes on the renders. a lot of them are incredibly wonky (look at Chorus Kids especially)

it could be due to weird angles etc. but it's the main thing that stands out for me

blazefan519

Smash Ace
Bruh wtf LOL.

All of these look terrible. As well as hand-drawn as opposed to actual 3D models.

And who the **** is Tibby??
Tibby is the main protagonist of Rhythm Heaven Megamix.
View attachment 160454
whos next to shadow

actually woah

Both Shadow and Ken look like the art used for the poster imo
The person who made this is getting a laugh at us discussing this even if we clearly know it's fake.
It's been a slow day and we weren't talking about anything important beforehand so shrug noise

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
So uhh. Who wants to see Persona representation in Smash Ultimate?
Let's get Yu into Smash.

I want to see how Smash Ultimate ties into the official Persona 4 canon.

Persona 4 will never end. In 50 years when Persona 11 is released, Persona 4 will get its very first FPS Pokemon Crossover spin-off, which is also canon.

Chrono.

I can't stop laughing.

The combo of Legacy XP Geno and ****ing Kirito is just too much

Never change, Youtube

RandomAce

Smash Champion
While we're on the topic of Ayumi:

How do you think the casual fanbase would react if Ayumi was revealed? Given how Sakurai is revealing the entire roster before release, its kinda interesting to think that Sakurai would have to sell people on characters they've never heard of if he puts in anyone obscure.
There’s going to be a lot of “WHO!?”

I’m kinda worried that if she was revealed there may be a lot of attacks saying how she “stole” someone else’s slot. However, I know that I and a group of supporters will be ecstatic and will be happy to see her playable, and that Sakurai have actually decided to give her a second chance and went with it.

Surprsingly Ayumi’s games are the only ones that I decided to play through to get a feel for where she’s from and there very good and are very fun, which is a shame because it looked like it could’ve been a great larger series.
———————————————————
Also, despite Famicom Tentei Club being about detectives and solving mysteries, it plays NOTHING like Ace Attorney, not in story, gameplay, or characters, etc. In fact, the whole premise of Famicom Tentei Club is about solving an overarching murder case that lasts per game while Ace Attorney has multiple ones in one game.

They’re not comparable.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Amidst all this chaos, I just wanted to say, never forget the Rayman leak.

This was far better done then the one we're all freaking out over right now, just saying.

Anyway that new leak is obviously fake, Agnes is clearly a photoshopped Ayumi who is a photoshopped Mac.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Let's get Yu into Smash.

Persona 4 will never end. In 50 years when Persona 11 is released, Persona 4 will get its very first FPS Pokemon Crossover spin-off, which is also canon.
It'd probably be like Persona Q, where it just kinda happens.

My guess would be that a TV screen shows up, Yu jumps into it and ends up in Smash Bros. Either that or he goes to the Velvet Room and Igor warps him there or something.

If it were Persona 5, I'd say it'd have to do with either Mementos or the Metaverse creating an opening for the P5 gang, and Joker is the playable rep. Ryuji and Futaba could be assist trophies, and Joker could have a codec similar to Snake and Pit where the P5 gang comment on each fighter.

Chrono.

Let's get Yu into Smash.

I mean I'd be up for it.

Any kind of SMT rep is good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom