• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Speaking of sleep, I just remembered something. Shantae got a new game mode not to long ago call Jammies mode, where you play as Shantae in her well... Jammies but get this, the plot of this mode is Shantae trying to put together the "ULTIMATE SLEEPOVER PARTY". But here's the kicker what makes it ultimate is that EVERYONE IS INVITED, friends and foes.

What if along with Simon, we get Shantae too. Wayforward always like putting in quips and jokes like these, I wouldn't put it pass them to put in a hint to Smash. Plus their new mode came out before the direct too. Coincidence, probably, but it's still something to keep in mind.
Hmm this seems too coincidental and predictable for Nintendo Nintendo is like remember that random cloud in our Dora game boom new character

WaxPython

Smash Ace
Way too modern for Castlevania, maybe Final Destination but I'm not sure about the high-tech for FD as well.
Castlevania has been set in the modern day for a while now with the most recent ebtrybsing set in modern time and you play as the villain of the series Dracula

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
I'm so hyped right now. Simon is finally hapenning!!!

Only 7 hours to see Simon and his stage!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The only way I think that "tired eyes" joke is a reference is if we get K. Rool AND Simon Belmont.

(If we did that you guys might need to just @ me in mass to make sure I've survived the hype LMAO)

OdnetninAges

Smash Journeyman
does Simon REALLY have to happen?? how about a new Sonic character
Listen bud.
I love Sonic.
But I want you to take a long, hard look at that message you made and think about what you've said.

Go to your room. Your mother and I are very disappointed in you.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
I wonder if Simon will get classic and modern designs as costumes. Every “true” newcomer so far has alternate costumes, and while Simon appears in his rose-red hair bishie form in most modern appearances, most would find his classic Conan look the most iconic. Not to mention it would be a very unique design among what we have so far as opposed to another skinny anime-style character.

On the other hand, Simon’s bulkier classic build might be hard pressed to share a skeleton with his thinner counterpart.

Best case scenario is of course that Simon is the base character and Richter and Trevor are alts. (Juste and Julian are probably too obscure/different to show up).

Nightmare Mode: Castlevania rep is Gabriel Belmont.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I far prefer Simon but if you really want a new Sonic character keep supporting you're favorite. Personally, I'm not a fan of another Sonic character but we can see what happens.

Why so hostile to Simon though? And, yes, I feel to round out the NES Classic characters Simon REALLY has to happen. And he has immediate Icon status and gameplay promise.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Hmm this seems too coincidental and predictable for Nintendo Nintendo is like remember that random cloud in our Dora game boom new character
"The tired eyes jokes" (which to be fair is just him being tired but let's exaggerate for kicks) definitely relates to sleep which is what Shantae's new mode is about.

Wouldn't mind a new Sonic character. either Blaze or Shadow would do it for me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Simon Belmont is a LEGEND of classic video games, and Castlevania is one of the greatest video game series of all-time with a popular and dedicated fanbase. Some of the best action platforming titles of all-time, some solid 3D entries, and just so many amazing games and moments. The consistent quality we got out of the series for the nearly 30 years it was active is nothing short of incredible. So many wonderful minds and hands touched that series to make it so special.

Truly a series worthy of Smash, with a lead and iconic character in Simon Belmont worthy of Smash as well. And with the iconic Such a classic and cool character with so many cool weapons across so many games... it just is a hand in glove fit. This is going to be so fun to see!!! It's like Mega Man and Ryu all over again!!!

Overall my thoughts on Simon Belmont are...

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I wonder if Simon will get classic and modern designs as costumes. Every “true” newcomer so far has alternate costumes, and while Simon appears in his rose-red hair bishie form in most modern appearances, most would find his classic Conan look the most iconic. Not to mention it would be a very unique design among what we have so far as opposed to another skinny anime-style character.

On the other hand, Simon’s bulkier classic build might be hard pressed to share a skeleton with his thinner counterpart.

Best case scenario is of course that Simon is the base character and Richter and Trevor are alts. (Juste and Julian are probably too obscure/different to show up).
Simon's red hair bishie design is every bit as bulky as his classic design. The only time he ever got "skinny" was in Judgment, but Judgment was never intended to be a new design, just a different one (every character in that game was redesigned specifically for the game).

Last edited:

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Castlevania is as iconic as Sonic, Final Fantasy, Street Fighter and the other Third Party in Smash Bros, of couse he deserves to happen

Another Sonic character would be cool (Tails is one of my most wanted characters) but that has nothing to do with Simon and Castlevania. Just because you want Shadow or other Sonic character doesn't mean you have to be against Simon's inclusion.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Lol i remember the direct Charizard and Greninja was revealed I was steaming mad that there was no new characters I was about to click off and that I see the screen fade and then I start praying lol
I loved that direct! My fav part tho about the end trailer was that we all thought it was Mewtwo. Hilarious.

KMDP

Smash Legend
"The tired eyes jokes" (which to be fair is just him being tired but let's exaggerate for kicks) definitely relates to sleep which is what Shantae's new mode is about.
K. Rool, Ashley, Shadow, Simon Belmont and Shantae.

All the Red Eyes and Tiredness you could hope for.
Wouldn't mind a new Sonic character. either Blaze or Shadow would do it for me.
*looks at avatar*
Yeah, I wouldn't mind Blaze or Shadow, all things considered.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Simon's red hair bishie design is every bit as bulky as his classic design. The only time he ever got "skinny" was in Judgment, but Judgment was never intended to be a new design, just a different one (every character in that game was redesigned specifically for the game).
My bad, then. My recollection was that bulky red hair was only in Lords of Shadow, although I admittedly haven’t played a Castlevania since the DS era.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I loved that direct! My fav part tho about the end trailer was that we all thought it was Mewtwo. Hilarious.
Were you in the call when we all went "THAT'S MEWTWO" and then I believe Swamp said "that's Greninja" and we were all like "yeah... you're right" after the first shadow?

Because that was hilarious. We accepted Greninja right away whereas no one else in almost any video reaction video had it right haha!!!

D

Deleted member

Ya enzo or something like that was like yesss its mewtwo yesssss but when it was Greninja he was oh that's okay too

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The most exciting thing about this Vergeben thing to be right for me, is that Isabelle is in! I don’t care about Simon, I never played Castlevania,although I hope Simon is fun to play. Can’t wait for this afternoon! 8 hours to go.
I hope she's just an echo

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
:ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultSimon:

Imagine 8-player Smash without a single Nintendo IP
I know a particular Smash speculator who is going to feel ill at the thought of this.

I'm mad hyped tho. I want more too! Heihachi would be a fantastic 9th man, and like... Sora, Rayman, and Phoenix Wright would make it a perfect dozen IMO.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know a particular Smash speculator who is going to feel ill at the thought of this.

I'm mad hyped tho. I want more too! Heihachi would be a fantastic 9th man, and like... Sora, Rayman, and Phoenix Wright would make it a perfect dozen IMO.
Oh you mean Smashchu?

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking forward to seeing how Simon plays but what a disappointing way for the info to leak. Was also hoping to see someone we didn't already expect/know about, so hopefully he's not the only reveal tomorrow.

:ultsnake::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultryu::ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultSimon:

Imagine 8-player Smash without a single Nintendo IP
... alright, no more third parties after this, please. Thanks.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
My bad, then. My recollection was that bulky red hair was only in Lords of Shadow, although I admittedly haven’t played a Castlevania since the DS era.
In any case, Simon's almost certainly getting his Bishie Faced "classic" design that's used in Grimoire of Soul, as opposed to the Conan-lookalike.

KMDP

Smash Legend

My "perfect dozen" of third parties:

Konami: :ultsnake:, Simon
SEGA: :ultsonic:, Tails, Shadow, :ultbayonetta:
Capcom: :ultmegaman:, :ultryu:
Namco Bandai: :ultpacman:, Agumon
Square Enix: Cloud, Tifa

Sonic gets three characters (totalling four SEGA) because he's the only third party with perfect attendance since third parties were introduced to Smash (and therefore "deserves" *choke* it).

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
- Direct themed around "8"

- "red eyes/tired"

Simon
Shantae
K. Rool
Ashley
Geno
Gengar
Shadow (echo)
Akuma or Evil Ryu (echo)

Ridiculous theory based around things that probably aren't hints, but that would be a kickass roster.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Welp, I'm gonna go take a bath, grab some cookies, and sketch to my heart's content 'til I fall asleep. 'Night, guys, see you on the hype train tomorrow!
Get some sleep BlondeLombax, and come back tomorrow fully refreshed for HYPE!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My "perfect dozen" of third parties:

Konami: :ultsnake:, Simon
SEGA: :ultsonic:, Tails, Shadow, :ultbayonetta:
Capcom: :ultmegaman:, :ultryu:
Namco Bandai: :ultpacman:, Agumon
Square Enix: Cloud, Tifa

Sonic gets three characters (totalling four SEGA) because he's the only third party with perfect attendance since third parties were introduced to Smash (and therefore "deserves" *choke* it).
If I could add 4 more to the confirmed 7 + Simon Belmont, I would personally add:
-Crono
-Phoenix Wright
-Lloyd Irving
-Heihachi Mishima

Actually on my current "top 5 most wanted" 3rd party list, that's the exact list (with Simon Belmont in between Crono and Phoenix Wright).

Even just getting 1 of them brings me so much joy. I remember my grandfather got me Super Castlevania IV because I liked Castlevania III and playing it with him and how much fun that was and how much MORE there was thanks to the upped technology of the Super Nintendo and hard work of the Castlevania staff. Super Castlevania IV was such a beautiful gold mine of a game.

Crazy thinking about that and so vividly visually remembering my grandfather, who introduced me to video games playing it with me. He died what? 22 years ago when I was 5? And it feels like yesterday. Good times, great memories.

He would have laughed his butt off at Smash Bros and my love for it. I loved Street Fighter and fighting games and just every console game, and this series is just a pure celebration of both. I used to go to arcades and blow all my quarters on Street Fighter II Turbo even though I had it on Super Nintendo haha... but I loved/love Street Fighter II so much!!!

Last edited:

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
My perfect dozen:

Konami: Snake, Simon
Sega: Sonic, Bayo
Capcom:Megaman, Ryu, Phoenix Wright
Namco: Pac-Man, Agumon/Greymon/Metalgreymon (Digivolving like pokemon trainer switching)
Square:Cloud, Sora
Rare: Banjo Kazooie

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom