• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaxPython

Smash Ace
I want Goku, Sora, Rayman, MasterChief, James Bond, Banjo and Kazzoie, Spyro, Crash, and Dante for third parties.

It will never happen but if it somehow does confirmed we live in the perfect timeline and smash becomes the best crossover in history

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Perfect dozen third parties?

Konami: Snake, Simon
Sega: Sonic, Bayonetta
Capcom: Mega Man, Ryu, Arthur
Namco: Pac-Man, Agumon
Square Enix: Cloud
Rare/Microsoft: Banjo-Kazooie
Wayforward: Shantae

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I want Goku, Sora, Rayman, MasterChief, James Bond, Banjo and Kazzoie, Spyro, Crash, and Dante for third parties.

It will never happen but if it somehow does confirmed we live in the perfect timeline and smash becomes the best crossover in history
My guy

We got Negan from The Walking Dead, Noctis from Final Fantasy XV, Akuma from Street Fighter and Geese Howard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters in Tekken 7 + Yoda/Darth Vader from Star Wars in Soul Calibur IV + Female Terry Bogard in SNK Heroines + this:

We are in the "Anything can happen in fighting games" timeline.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As expected Vergeben's initial leak was all true, but I'd still advise caution when it comes to the information he's gotten later, there are all sorts of things that can go wrong for leakers in this industry, and with how he gets information gradually there's a higher chance of something wonky happening.

As for Simon himself, you need to get your head checked if you don't think he deserves it, the original Castlevania is the stuff of legends, and the series itself has had an enormous impact. He also brings a completely new theme into Smash, Castlevania itself is unlike anything that's in the game. I hope it's going to be the classic Simon, and I think it's going to be, but I'll be fine either way.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Perfect dozen huh?

Konami: :ultsnake: :ultsimon:
Sega: :ultsonic: :ultbayonetta:
Namco: :ultpacman: Heihachi
Square: :ultcloud:
Capcom: :ultryu: :ultmegaman:
Ubisoft: Rayman
Bethesda: Doom Slayer
Microsoft: Banjo-Kazooie

I could add more because of how much I adore 3rd party choices but I'mma stick to the rules.

Shroob

Sup?
Genuinely curious: why? I mean, if Isabelle is going to be in anyway, wouldn't it be better if she's unique?

Unless it's the "she wouldn't take time from some other character"-mentality.
I honestly think Isabelle would be an Echo as well.

Honestly, Villager's moves fit her perfectly, from her running and dropping a potted plant, to her growing a tree, to catch something with a bug net, Echo just fits her to be honest.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As expected Vergeben's initial leak was all true, but I'd still advise caution when it comes to the information he's gotten later, there are all sorts of things that can go wrong for leakers in this industry, and with how he gets information gradually there's a higher chance of something wonky happening.

As for Simon himself, you need to get your head checked if you don't think he deserves it, the original Castlevania is the stuff of legends, and the series itself has had an enormous impact. He also brings a completely new theme into Smash, Castlevania itself is unlike anything that's in the game. I hope it's going to be the classic Simon, and I think it's going to be, but I'll be fine either way.
Deserving is entirely subjective. Nobody needs to get their head checked. Let's be respectful to others about having different opinions, okay?

I want him in too(and not because of his legacy, but because I want the entire Captain N crew where possible).

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I’m soon off to bed dreaming about the Direct

Lord help me when I dream of K Rool and Dixie

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
You mean that 4chan leak?

Really iffy on that one tbh.
I don't think it's real. There's no big new mode to really sell people on the game. It's just all returning modes. The fact that it says Simon means nothing because he has been heavily rumored for a while after Verge.

Staarih

Smash Master
I honestly think Isabelle would be an Echo as well.

Honestly, Villager's moves fit her perfectly, from her running and dropping a potted plant, to her growing a tree, to catch something with a bug net, Echo just fits her to be honest.
Fair enough I guess.

Personally I'm not sure if being an echo really "fits" any character, as anyone could be made unique... but seeing as they're essentially intended to be quickies to pad out the roster, I'll look past it. Isabelle could go either way imo, I feel like she's got potential to be unique, but I kinda see where the echo-stuff comes from as well. Guess it depends on how Sakurai sees her.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Simon's cool and all but I can't help but now I don't feel too interested on the Direct since the big surprise's been spoiled (which ironically wouldn't end up not surprise at all ) and rest of it is implied to be reveals about rehashed modes from 3DS/Wii U.

Might probably hope they show Richter as one of the Alts for Simon...

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think it's real. There's no big new mode to really sell people on the game. It's just all returning modes. The fact that it says Simon means nothing because he has been heavily rumored for a while after Verge.
The only thing it got right was the song, and only half right. Bloody Tears is hardly hard to guess as a song and all.

I'm not going to put much stock into it. Two adventure modes already sounds farfetched. One, sure. Two? Ehhhhhh, probably not. I don't expect any beyond Melee-style either(as that's a lot easier to make. SSE was great, but sweet mercy did it take up development time).

blazefan519

Smash Ace
So I wake up at just about 4am in the morning cuz my sleeping schedule is ****ing wack and decide to check YouTube, only for their to be a GameXplain and Source Gaming vid about a music leak pretty much confirming Simon to be a character. Sigh, who the hell is running the Smash Blog?

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Six hours to go.

So many hopes hang in the balance. Each of us can only hope our most wanted newcomers survive unscathed...

...Well, other than the Simon fans. They can all but rest easy, heh.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
-6 Hours Remain-
The direct is descending fast, hypequakes are increasing in frequency; with the Direct comes inevitable Disconfirmations.

Some run away, others cower in fear, others still stand tall and shout to the heavens.

Only one man can save us.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
One things for sure

He isn't running the smash blog anymore

The dude got fired faster than bullets on a gatling gun
Rip that guy kek. So I guess that means that Isabelle is also confirmed then too, since it was by the same source. The Pokemon and DK rep thing is thankfully still up for debate.

Wambo

Smash Ace
Calling it now, Simon's trailer is going to be animated like the Castlevania series.

Also, I hope whoever leaked that video gets SUPER fired.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
So Simon will without a doubt be the "We have one more announcement before we go." character. Does anyone believe we may get another fighter announced or just Simon?

edit: Also realized the change in discussion name, hoping the people who wanted to avoid spoilers left a long time ago

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
So Simon will without a doubt be the "We have one more announcement before we go." character. Does anyone believe we may get another fighter announced or just Simon?
Actually, I think Simon will be the 66th character (because "lol 666"). If we only get two original characters in this direct, he'd have to be the first.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, I think Simon will be the 66th character (because "lol 666"). If we only get two original characters in this direct, he'd have to be the first.
I mean, Echo fighters aren't technically added to the number count, so Simon could still be 66 even if Isabelle were shown first.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I actually want him to be the first reveal so the "big surprise" isn't something we've been spoiled to twice now kek. But he still could be the last reveal because Echoes do not have their own numbers.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm thinking some minor character or echo is possible. Simon will no doubt be the big reveal, and the website will update to accommodate the Castlevania-series and all that jazz. The other character could be from an existing series which could be easily added to the site with ready assets.
Good point on Simon being likely #66, so either a character after him or an echo which shares the number with its base character.

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I'm kinda hoping they announce that Alph will now be an echo fighter instead of an alt costume.

blazefan519

Smash Ace
I can't wait till we see the 69th character

the memes are going to meme themselves
Imagine it being Ashley. I'd legit die of laughter.
I'm kinda hoping they announce that Alph will now be an echo fighter instead of an alt costume.
He was shown in Olimar's character trailer. I'd imagine if they wanted him to be an echo, they wouldn't have done that.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Already confirmed an alt costume.
Not exactly. We see strong implications of it via Olimar's page, but we have no demo or actual showing off Oilmar switching costumes in any video to prove it.

I still think it's an alt costume, and it's a pretty safe bet it is. But confirmed is a very inaccurate way to say it.

We have circumstancial evidence, really. Not hard enough to prove it, but good enough to feel it's a safe guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom