• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Star Fox is in Ubisoft's Starlink.

Ubisoft's had a good relation with Nintendo for some time now. Wonder if there'll be Ubisoft content beyond trophies in this Smash, whether base or DLC

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
No, still no confirmation what the compilation is. My guess is if it's Metal Gear it will be during Sony's, if it's Castlevania it will be during Nintendo's. Anything else is fair game lol.
So I suppose if it is Metal Gear tonight (compilation) it may hurt Vergeben, though I think he's not out of discussion completely even if that is announced tonight. If a compilation isn't announced then it seems chances are better, though we won't have any type of concrete confirmation unless pictures leak or until the direct itself

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Ubisoft pulled the Nintendo Hat again.

I was about to compare Starlink to StarFox and BOOM! Crossover happened.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Holy ****, I'm so ****ing hyped to see Star Fox! I recognized the comms instantly!

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Not to be a cynical competitive fella, but as nice as it is that they'll do double elimination, It doesn't mean much if it isn't a stock match without items.

Of course, it's a step in the right direction still, and they ABSOLUTELY have to show off things such as items, I don't doubt that for a moment, not like I'm against that. Haha

kylexv

Smash Master
So Liam Robertson says to keep expectations low for the direct tomorrow.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Then again he also said Shovel Knight would be DLC for Smash 4, so take this with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Not to be a cynical competitive fella, but as nice as it is that they'll do double elimination, It doesn't mean much if it isn't a stock match without items.

Of course, it's a step in the right direction still, and they ABSOLUTELY have to show off things such as items, I don't doubt that for a moment, not like I'm against that. Haha
They will probably show items off at Exhibitions where casual celebrities and other invited casuals will fight in a possible casual match.

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
I actually think a ubisoft rep is extremely likely now.
Place your bets ladies and gentlemen: Rabbids or Rayman in smash?

Troykv

Smash Master

Then again he also said Shovel Knight would be DLC for Smash 4, so take this with a grain of salt.
Just control your feelings, that is enough; this person just wants to sound important.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually think a ubisoft rep is extremely likely now.
Place your bets ladies and gentlemen: Rabbids or Rayman in smash?
Rabbis. More prominent, have become more iconic at this point and time, and Ubisoft is just plain pushing them more.

Though both could be possible.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

He's also saying the Smash stuff will be cool though, so it's more in relation to the rest of the stuff Nintendo have planned.

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Liam always acts like he knows **** but never actually does. Just try to ignore the attention hog.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Why? lmao
Also who is this guy
Liam Robertson is best known for his investigations into lost video games. He has industry contacts from his investigations, so he's more credible than the regular person. He may or may not have insider knowledge on characters and such, but it's good advice regardless.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
That UbisoftxNintendo surprise was great. I know just because they're collaborating doesn't mean anything, but a Rayman prediction seems real likely.

I missed, is that Nintendo Switch exclusive content or will Fox appear on other consoles? That's a huge deal for Nintendo.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice

He did clarify that this is addressed to the people expecting "megatons and megatons". I take that to mean we won't get absolutely everything we want/expect, but I think we'll still see Fire Emblem, maybe Star Fox, maybe Metroid Prime 4, probably Yoshi, and some other surprises. It's still E3, after all.

Last edited:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
Liam Robertson is best known for his investigations into lost video games. He has industry contacts from his investigations, so he's more credible than the regular person. He may or may not have insider knowledge on characters and such, but it's good advice regardless.
I still have pretty good expectations tbh

Also Ubi E3 is putting me to sleep lmao

NeonBurrito

Smash Ace
Seeing how the Donkey Kong DLC got an entire section on its own, Star Fox being in Starlink, and Ubisoft literally mentioning that all of this was only possible thanks to their "long-lasting relationship with Nintendo," I'm really starting to think that we may be seeing some a lot more Ubisoft stuff appear this time around, beyond just some Rayman trophies.

Best case scenario is playable Rayman obviously, but I can also see something like a Rabbid character / Rabbid assist trophies.

penis.jpg

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
That UbisoftxNintendo surprise was great. I know just because they're collaborating doesn't mean anything, but a Rayman prediction seems real likely.

I missed, is that Nintendo Switch exclusive content or will Fox appear on other consoles? That's a huge deal for Nintendo.
Pretty much a tie in with Starlink. Not many information added yet..

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
LOL Liam Robertston trying to sound credible. And he's apparently not even talking about for Smash since he said the Smash stuff would be really good. So what's even the point?Who the **** thinks they'll have a bigger "megaton" than Smash?

I'm not looking for anything but Smash, the new FE and some MP4 gameplay, if it's at that stage yet. Maybe Pikmin, but I wouldn't consider a Pikmin 4 reveal a "Megaton".

Just another person trying to tell everyone to "control your expectations" like they're somebody's parents.

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Just checked Liam's Twitter page, sounds like he's saying the Smash news will still be good, so there's that. But also, something interesting he said earlier:

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
"Nintendo and Ubisoft aren't on good terms due to the Wii U debacle!"
5vKqX-5S7OQGNj-W_3GRMZF5dfxZbTiB.png
Screen_Shot_2018_06_11_at_2.10.59_PM.jpg
Oh, how times have changed.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Anyone want to join a discord so we can chat live tomorrow during the direct? If so, I'll make a server and send out invites.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Anyone want to join a discord so we can chat live tomorrow during the direct? If so, I'll make a server and send out invites.
Well, i'm afraid i can't join, my school laptop has discord blocked and the only thing i have to use discord on is my IPhone which is dead, and we couldn't find a working charger for it. :(

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I hope they use the silhouettes from the teaser to introduce each game in the direct, such as reveal Marth for Fire Emblem and then reveal Villager for Animal Crossing.

Also if Yoshi's Flipping Island is not shown, I can safely say it's been cancelled or reworked so much that it's barely recognizable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom