• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iridium

Smash Hero
What if Vergeben is correct about his leaks and everybody stays in Smash Switch? I would like to see Wolf so badly, and now I am nothing short of scared for him. Ice Climbers, although grabbing rules in Smash 4 made wobbling impossible, are annoying anyway, but I would not care if they got in.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Means absolutely nothing. Smash was shown on XD at EVO this year too. Not surprising.
Disney had to make a deal with Nintendo to broadcast it tho I'm pretty sure. Not saying this means Sora or anything like that, but that shows more history between Disney and Nintendo which was a common concern for Sora detractors.

Last edited:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Means absolutely nothing. Smash was shown on XD at EVO this year too. Means nothing.
A lot of people want to see Sora, but even if I wanted him in too, I would just not think about it, and try to rip my hair out tomorrow if I do not see him (not to describe you guys). I think it would be nice if they released a trailer and revealed the characters whose silhouettes were shown.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
To this day I still rewatch his reactions from Smash switch teaser or Cloud's reveal in Smash 4. I still lol very hard.
His Mewtwo reaction was the best. Sakurai retweeted the man who placed great emphasis on his excitable genetalia in response to Mewtwo's reveal...

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Leaving for work in a few minutes. When I come home, I'll get online and ****post about Smash 5 for a while longer, then sleep, then Direct. It's so close :love:

Kopy

Smash Cadet
So, how will you guys be watching tomorrows livestream? Will you be watching the stream of a commentator or youtuber you like (someone like Etika), or just the vanilla Nintendo stream? Just curious as to how you guys plan on experiencing it.
In Germany the presentation is at 6PM local time, I invited ~5 friends and my girlfriend over to stream it on my TV and have some games before/after.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
MORE SMASH INVITATIONAL INFO: FOCUSING ON COMPETITIVE RULESET
According to Bill Trinen, Smash Invitational Top 8 will rely on a more competitive ruleset such as addition to Double Elimination to ensure the viewers to learn more about the competitive side of Smash

Bill Trinen:
“Our focus really is on how can the game become the focal point of that competitive fun for all sorts of players,” says Bill Trinen, the Nintendo product marketing director who has spearheaded much of the company’s e-sports efforts, “and how can we bring more players into that competitive scene.”
Link:
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/6/17433512/nintendo-switch-esports-smash-bros-e3-2018

Last edited:

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
MORE SMASH INVITATIONAL INFO!
According to Bill Trinen, Smash Invitational Top 8 will rely on a more competitive ruleset such as addition to Double Elimination to ensure the viewers to learn about the competitive side of Smash

Link:
https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2018/6/6/17433512/nintendo-switch-esports-smash-bros-e3-2018
Wow. If that’s actually the reason behind them doing using competitive rules, this is a huge step for Nintendo when it comes to embracing Smash as a competitive game.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Unless I see any leaks (which I haven't been keeping up with anyway) that have any strong reason to be seen as credible or reliable, then I'm far from expecting Ridley to get in this time.

I've all but given up the character's chances of getting in after Sakurai's last public statement on the character.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
You guys are doing it wrong. We are not suppose to lower expectations.

Now is the time to wish upon a star and transform that plastic Amiibo into a real space dragon.

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Unless I see any leaks (which I haven't been keeping up with anyway) that have any strong reason to be seen as credible or reliable, then I'm far from expecting Ridley to get in this time.

I've all but given up the character's chances of getting in after Sakurai's last public statement on the character.
Vergeben's leak is looking more and more credible with him having leaked the Jump Force and Castlevania games, other than that there are no leaks I'd even pay attention to at this point

StrangeMann

Smash Ace
No K Rool in Mario vs Rabbids Donkey Kong DLC featured at ubisoft. Really unfortunate, was hoping for an appearance.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Vergeben's leak is looking more and more credible with him having leaked the Jump Force and Castlevania games, other than that there are no leaks I'd even pay attention to at this point
Vergeben has had a huge amount of blunders in the past. You should not get your hopes up about Ridley. There's a chance that he might not make it in.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Disney had to make a deal with Nintendo to broadcast it tho I'm pretty sure. Not saying this means Sora or anything like that, but that shows more history between Disney and Nintendo which was a common concern for Sora detractors.
If we actually get Sora in Smash and he actually brings Donald Duck and Goofy with him, then I want Mickey Mouse (based on the NES game and the SNES game) in Smash too!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wait wait wait

Was castlevania confirmed?

That's some what of 3/4 a point it looses 1/4 for possible piggyback

But leak said Simon inclusion was for the collection

Last edited:

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Not going to lie, I was waiting for the Smash logo to appear in Rabbid Peach's eye at the end of the Mario + Rabbids portion.

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
And if Vergeben starts to look shady, we can always fall on the ResetEra mods. They hinted/teased Ridley before Verg.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Would have been the weirdest way for him to come out of hiatus.

Mario sluggers baseball. I guess at that previous point in time.

Anyways, I like the embracing of competitive play according to Bill.

Until Sakurai sneaks in items on high during break. Or changes to the KB to 2.0 to induce chaos mroe subliminally. We'd be none the wiser.

"Wow, Mario's u tilt killed at 50 on Bowser! He sure got buffed..."

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion
Wait wait wait

Was castlevania confirmed?

That's some what of 3/4 a point it looses 1/4 for possible piggyback

But leak said Simon inclusion was for the collection
No, still no confirmation what the compilation is. My guess is if it's Metal Gear it will be during Sony's, if it's Castlevania it will be during Nintendo's. Anything else is fair game lol.

TonyMyOnly

Smash Apprentice
It is the time of the invitational tournament. The finals have just concluded and the winner is applauded by the audience. Suddenly the lights go out, the challenger approaching alarm begins to sound as the in-person audience and those watching the stream all die of a heart attack. Sakurai walks out on stage, picks up the controller, and and motions for the champion to do the same. The Pyrosphere returns from Smash Wii U after all, but somethings wrong. There's no Characters on the screen. Oh wait the game just froze. They restart the system and then Sakurai showcases his proudest smash creation yet, years of hard effort payed off: playable boss mode.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
MORE SMASH INVITATIONAL INFO: FOCUSING ON COMPETITIVE RULESET
According to Bill Trinen, Smash Invitational Top 8 will rely on a more competitive ruleset such as addition to Double Elimination to ensure the viewers to learn more about the competitive side of Smash

Bill Trinen:

Link:
That's *awesome*! Does this mean they'll be doing Stock too? Would definitely be better to watch than the last one.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Wait Star Fox? Saw it in the Ubisoft presentation but I wasn't paying attention.

EDIT: So there's Star Fox content in Ubisoft's new game Starlink. They just brought up Miyamoto on stage.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
poggers.png

Remember this old (supposed) leak of Smash Switch's Battlefield?

Tomorrow we'll know if it's real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom