• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaroMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesley
3DS FC
2895-7114-8104
That was always the most ridiculous nonsense anyway.

People thought the third-party that supported them the heaviest and the longest was the one they were on the worst terms with.
Exactly my thoughts. Ubisoft were actually one of the few supporters of the Wii U. They gave the system quite a bit of attention, putting out games like Rayman Legends and ZombiU as well as multi plats such as Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell. They only stopped support after realizing it wasn't worth investing resources into the system. They're up there with Bethesda for being one of the biggest Western supporters of the Switch.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
No matter how you feel about Ridley, let's just say that, if he does not appear in the game, there will be a lot of supposed "leakers" that will have their credability shattered.

D

Deleted member

Not Smash Related But...
Some leaks are maybe confirmed..
I actually think it may hint against it.

When Skylanders Imaginators was planning to include a Nintendo character, they wanted Fox but Nintendo declined as they didn't wanted Fox's own game to be outshined (heh) so they went with Bowser and DK instead.

If we go by that logic, why would Nintendo be okay now about a game that features Fox that isn't Star Fox (or Smash Brothers?)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'm hoping the trailer will wind up being like the Brawl one where it was boom-boom-boom-boom-build up-boom. Three reveals has been the standard for the last two E3's with Smash but I'm wanting dreams to be made and shattered in rapid fire tomorrow.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So... Star Fox is not dead.

My wallet may be but Zero didn't tank the franchise. This looks good for Wolf and maybe others...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Also if Yoshi's Flipping Island is not shown, I can safely say it's been cancelled or reworked so much that it's barely recognizable.
I wouldn't lose hope yet. I mean, Wooly World disappeared for years until finally becoming a thing.

I'm hoping the trailer will wind up being like the Brawl one where it was boom-boom-boom-boom-build up-boom. Three reveals has been the standard for the last two E3's with Smash but I'm wanting dreams to be made and shattered in rapid fire tomorrow.
Well, it's *way* closer to finished than at other E3s, so a big blowout would be perfect. Bill did imply they had a ton to show, but Bill's "ton" and our "ton" might be different. Still, odds are good.

Last edited:

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
I agree. A bang-bang trailer with reveal after reveal would be awesome. The hype and reactions it would generate would be worth it alone.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
At this point in time I really don't care about the leak anymore. I just want the direct to get here already.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I agree. A bang-bang trailer with reveal after reveal would be awesome. The hype and reactions it would generate would be worth it alone.
Moreso than that, the game is releasing this year. It'll likely release Q4 for the holiday season, so we'll have our hands on the game in 3 to 6 months. They can't afford to trickle out character reveals unless they want to leave characters unannounced.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So... Star Fox is not dead.

My wallet may be but Zero didn't tank the franchise. This looks good for Wolf and maybe others...
Cameos in other series aren't terribly reliable barometers for the series itself...

F-Zero has popped up several times since it last got a game fifty-seven years ago.

That said I believe the Retro Star Fox game is real. Hope we see it.

kylexv

Smash Master
One thing I loved about Melee is its opening. The visuals looked stunning for 2001 standards and it was generally hype as heck (which is why it doubled as the reveal trailer).

What if Smash Switch has this too? That would be dope.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if this new collab along with the rabbids may be a sign of other team ups.
*hint*

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Also if Yoshi's Flipping Island is not shown, I can safely say it's been cancelled or reworked so much that it's barely recognizable.
Hey remember when we knew absolutely nothing about Yoshi's Woolly World until, like, two months before release?

Yeah, same marketing team.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Cameos in other series aren't terribly reliable barometers for the series itself...

F-Zero has popped up several times since it last got a game fifty-seven years ago.

That said I believe the Retro Star Fox game is real. Hope we see it.
True but I don't think any of them were outside of Nintendo and only one of them lead to merch and that's because it was Smash Bros

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
One thing I loved about Melee is its opening. The visuals looked stunning for 2001 standards and it was generally hype as heck (which is why it doubled as the reveal trailer).

What if Smash Switch has this too? That would be dope.
Thissssss. Smash 4's opening was pretty disappointing, literally just slapped the various trailers together with some gameplay interspersed and called it a day

D

Deleted member

So Liam Robertson says to keep expectations low for the direct tomorrow.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Then again he also said Shovel Knight would be DLC for Smash 4, so take this with a grain of salt.
About the Shovel Knight thing, here you go.

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I think Ice Climbers will be revealed back during the direct, but outside of them I think any cut characters that return will be shown during Treehouse, while the direct focuses on newcomers and revamped characters.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
Oh man all of this insanity. I don’t know if I want to see it live - I don’t know if I can handle it.

Kudos to Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom and the other mods for the E3 highlights thread. May have to go out and wait for everything to show up there.

Hope everyone gets something they want

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Etika is going to get a heart attack if Ridley is announced.
I remember how upset he was when Ridley didn't make it into Smash 4, but then how thrilled he was with Mewtwo. If Ridley gets in, I'll be screaming and having heart attacks right along with Etika.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
That's right that was a mistake rumor

He only though because of the amiibo

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1006275692206555137

Oh look who's there.

He's probably there to show off his new game during the Sony Briefing.
Oh crud vergeben said snake is coming back as part of the rumor but it's just a coincidence though

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's right that was a mistake rumor

He only though because of the amiibo

Oh crud vergeben said snake is coming back as part of the rumor but it's just a coincidence though
I mean, Kojima is still a prominent developer in the gaming industry. He might just be there to be there and I wouldn't be surprised if they granted him free entrance to boot just because he is so noteworthy. The dude could come to the front gate unshowered, unshaved, no shoes, and in a pizza grease stained tank top and ripped boxer shorts and they'd probably still let him in.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I mean, Kojima is still a prominent developer in the gaming industry. He might just be there to be there and I wouldn't be surprised if they granted him free entrance to boot just because he is so noteworthy. The dude could come to the front gate unshowered, unshaved, no shoes, and in a pizza grease stained tank top and ripped boxer shorts and they'd probably still let him in.
Death Stranding is a huge part of Sony's conference, he's mostly flying in for that but could be at E3 for other reasons.

Welp, it's been a long, tiring, dramatic journey through several depressing months, but it has paid off. Less than a full day left til E3.

I predict that many people will leave the direct happy as can be, and others will leave with their spirits broken.

But that doesn't need to be the case. If you're banking on a particular veteran or newcomer..... just remember this as hard as you can:

Polan

Smash Lord
that makes liam look even worse though. any good leaker would vet the info with other insiders multiple times before coming out publicly. even vergeben does that (even though he still releases bad info all the time).

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
that makes liam look even worse though. any good leaker would vet the info with other insiders multiple times before coming out publicly. even vergeben does that (even though he still releases bad info all the time).
Yet smash bros might potential be one of those good info times base on what we have ben seeing.

Ridleyridster

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow the Ridley part of my heart will (hopefully) have peace. Either he's there, or he isn't. I've just got a feeling that if he's in, he's going to be shown at E3.

If he isn't in, well, that's fine too. Life is so, so short. I love Ridley more than is probably healthy, but even without a playable Ridley in Smash, life is still beautiful, and I'll keep on loving Smash.

Happy night before Nintendo's E3 my friends. Hope it's amazing!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't care about leakers, I will just expect Ridley for tomorrow no matter what (and Bandana Dee too, I'm ready to be disappointed!).

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Liam is free to believe what he wants to believe. For all we know, there could be some amazing things at the conference that he himself just doesn't care about, therefore writing it off as not hype enough.

I think the point here is, stop getting worked up just because he THINKS it might not be hype, he's just one individual who may not even have the correct- or full- information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom