• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DYED

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 8460 7625 6123
We get to E3 and this is what's revealed:

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

How do you feel coming off the show? Are you hype? Are you angry?
I wouldn't want Steve, but the others would be more than welcome to me.
And I would still hope for either Chorus Kids, Midna or Shantae in the final release.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How much do you wanna bet that if Steenee gets in Smash, Sakurai will use another food metaphor to defend his decision?

"Steenee is like finding a new dish at a restaurant you've never gone to before. Once you've seen it, you can't stop thinking about it until you decide to try it for yourself."

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace

I tried my best to fit all of wanted characters in a single GIF but PhotoShop was restricted with 500 frames so I managed to put so many before I hit that limit.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
How much do you wanna bet that if Steenee gets in Smash, Sakurai will use another food metaphor to defend his decision?

"Steenee is like finding a new dish at a restaurant you've never gone to before. Once you've seen it, you can't stop thinking about it until you decide to try it for yourself."
Does Steenee need any kind of justification? Just look at her, that's all the justification we need! :troll:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It refers to when the Nintendo E3 Direct starts
I think it might be a bit off, because in t-minus 11 hours from now, I think they've got the Splatoon 2 World Championship first off.

That doesn't start until another day and five hours, though. I had to double-check because the countdown on here confused me a bit.
Yep, nice to know I might have possible sleep deprivation at 2AM in the morning Australian time. <sarcasm>How enjoyable</sarcasm>

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
That doesn't start until another day and five hours, though. I had to double-check because the countdown on here confused me a bit.
I think it might be a bit off, because in t-minus 11 hours from now, I think they've got the Splatoon 2 World Championship first off.
It most definitely works in regards to my time zone (Pacific Zone)

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

I tried my best to fit all of wanted characters in a single GIF but PhotoShop was restricted with 500 frames so I managed to put so many before I hit that limit.
I was worried you left out Ridley for a second XD

I can't believe it's tomorrow though!

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer, it’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

If Ridley's in what changed Sakurai's mind and how will he make Ridley fit to be playable?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
“I definitely know that Ridley’s a much-anticipated name for fans, but if we made Ridley as a fighter, it wouldn’t be Ridley any longer, it’d have to be shrunk down, or its wings reduced in size, or be unable to fly around freely.”

“Providing accurate portrayals of characters is something I want to pay ample attention to,” he continued. “If I don’t stick to that thought, then we’d have to lower the quality or break the balance of the game. Something that goes way off spec could break the entire game.”

If Ridley's in what changed Sakurai's mind and how will he make Ridley fit to be playable?
Honestly, that quote always felt like damage control. Ridley getting in as one of the first newcomers in this Smash game is basically Sakurai learning from his mistakes with Smash 4 and Pyrosphere.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I’m bored so I’ll ask this.
What veteran do you want to get Bowserfied? :4bowser:

Upgrade in design being more faithful to games and overall having a more fun and versatile fighting style.
Besides Ganondorf, because that’s too obvious and easy of an answer.
Lucina could definitely use a new moveset for her specials and standard moves at least make her B special an overhead.

Zelda needs faster frame rate especially if they're going for her BOTW version.

And give Palutena faster frame rate, and her moves SIGNIFICANTLY less end lag (especially autoreticle), she's a goddess not a granny. Also give her Lightweight and Super Speed instead of reflect and counter, or change her special set entirely to something more offensive to show she not messing around this time.

Did I mention less end lag and faster frame rate?

I’ve got it.

Waluigi’s recovery move is called the “Purple Propeller.” It’s a foil to Luigi’s “Green Missile.”

Waluigi flips upside-down and extends his legs outwards, then he spins around rapidly in a breakdancing motion, allowing him to fly as a helicopter.

...So it’s basically Spinning Bird Kick.
I want to see this happen only so to see Chun-Li come to Smash as a newcomer and beat her moveset out of him XD.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace

Srry dyed. I was worried Geno was left out, I love this gif.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

Don't you think that you're putting your expectations a little too high with some of the 3rd party characters? I find it very doubtful that Microsoft will let Nintendo use its property, and with Sora being Disney's property, it should be noted that his partners are not even video game characters.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So guys,any news about our favorite newcomer, Steenee?
Please,someone contact that blessed leaker.

UltimateWario

Smash Master

”I only care if a character is accurate when it suits my needs,” Sakurai continued, beginning to stuff several candy bars in his jacket pockets as Ganondorf, Wario, and Samus looked on in disapproval. “When it comes to those Ridley fans? I say **** em! Plenty of other people buy my games.” I remember him saying something about “electrical interfettence” as he walked out. I still didn’t know why Sakurai had come into the 7/11 to tell me about Ridley.

EDIT: I tried cramming too many memes into that one and it didn’t work. It will stand as a testament to my failure.

Last edited:

Imadethistoseealeak

Smash Champion

Sakurai likes pleasing his fans, I really doubt he values his idea of what a character could be over fan wants. Pyrosphere Ridley was supposed to be exciting and a gift to his fans, a sort of hey he's not playable but he's got one of the biggest (lol) npc roles in the game! And it backfired and everyone (especially Ridley fans the ones he was trying to appease) hated it. Granted, part of it was the delivery and presentation of it all, but I really do think Sakurai better realized how much of a fan demand Ridley has. Also, counter to common meme belief, but Sakurai likes Ridley.

Well let's hope he did change his thinking and found a way tomorrow!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The timer on the General Discussion page is counting down to June 12 9am YOUR time zone (or whatever it thinks your timezone is).

It's trying to tell me the Direct starts in 11 hours.

http://www.e3countdown.com/
I've been using this site for a few years now. Has a correct countdown for each conference, links to to view them (official sites, YouTube and Twitch), has an option to view local time and has a nice Twitter sidebar with E3 tweets.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
We get to E3 and this is what's revealed:

Captain Toad
Bewear
Ridley
Ice Climbers
Snake
Steve
Simon Belmont

How do you feel coming off the show? Are you hype? Are you angry?
I'd only be interested with Ice Climbers and Snake. Bewear sound fun to play as there could be worse Pokémon but there are better ones too. Give me Wolf or Krystal instead of Steve and I'd say E3's Smash will be looking good

peachy!

super princess
It's counting down to 9AM Pacific Time tomorrow. That's when the Nintendo E3 Direct starts.

Emphasis on "Pacific Time."
Agh, I'm confused now! 9 a.m. PT tomorrow is 6 p.m. tomorrow in Germany, which is not for another 28 hours. The European Nintendo E3 site also states the Direct begins at 6 p.m. tomorrow.

The timer on the General Discussion page is counting down to June 12 9am YOUR time zone (or whatever it thinks your timezone is).

I've been using this site for a few years now. Has a correct countdown for each conference, links to to view them (official sites, YouTube and Twitch), has an option to view local time and has a nice Twitter sidebar with E3 tweets.
That makes sense! Thanks for clearing that up, Plat. So the Direct does begin in 1 day and a little less than 4 hours.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I checked and it's at roughly 1 Day and 4 Hours down and that would put it at 9AM PST (I live in Reno, which is PST), so it's right for me
That's quite strange. Based on what you're saying, the countdown does not adjust itself to match your timezone settings.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

I guess that explains the confusion and why I'm not phased as I'm one of the few West Coasters who is awake at this hour

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
That's quite strange. Based on what you're saying, the countdown does not adjust itself to match your timezone settings.
It does but not the right way. It matches your timezone in that it counts down to 9am June 12 your timezone.

John Hohn

Smash Rookie
That is weird. You'd think it'd just count down to the same time across the world, seeing as E3 technically starts at the same time for everyone. It's just that the clocks are at different points.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
A countdown shouldn't adjust to Timezone ever, it's counting down, being +/-X GMT doesn't change how long it is until a point in time.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Welp this Is it one more day till smash info finally comes out

Final count down for direct

And final countdown to Ridley if the leak is real
(Pick any of the three)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
What does the Minecraft stage in the Verge leak mean? It seems weird to just put in a 3rd party stage, I think we're getting Steve or Banjo (please be Banjo).
I'm thinking that if there's Minecraft content but Steve isn't a playable character, then Banjo or Master Chief is a playable character in the game, as I just don't see Sakurai and Nintendo going through the trouble of licensing with a competing company just for a stage. Sure it could just end up a stage and AT, but it would be pretty weird without an associated playable character.

Staarih

Smash Master
I can't believe we're one day away. Luckily I have the whole week off so I have time to recover after tomorrow lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom