• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
A Metroid stage that didn't involve bathing in scalding liquid or having giant bugs solely as aesthetic (as in just staring or there to be thrown) would be the bee's knees.

I doubt we'll see Prime 4 footage any time soon, though I'd love seeing an SR388 stage.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
With the game coming out this year if we get info everyday after E3 for a few months... its probably gonna be like multiple character drops a week with a newcomer every month it'll be so hype.
>multiple character drops a week

Yeah like, 1 or 2 every other week.

A Metroid stage that didn't involve bathing in scalding liquid or having giant bugs solely as aesthetic (as in just staring or there to be thrown) would be the bee's knees.
It's going to be a chozo gate with rising and falling purple goo and you're going to like it.
:061:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I miss the Dojo from the Brawl days.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
>multiple character drops a week

Yeah like, 1 or 2 every other week.
Well if it starts in June, which is the sixth month, and the game comes out before the end of October, though many are predicting September, we're really only looking at ~16-20 weeks of pics. If the roster is just as large as Smash 4, and they reveal like 12 characters at E3 + Inkling, we COULD actually get more than one veteran reveal most weeks unless they want to announce groups of characters in waves. And then some newcomers can be sprinkled throughout.

The fact that we can go to the official smash website and see the exact same thing we saw 1 week ago is pretty saddening. I just want news. I would take Luigi's nose at this point.

As for stages, I would love Noctiulum from XCX. I dont have the highest opinions of XCX, but I loved Mira and its music.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Give me Bowser's Castle or give me depth.
What sort of backstory you looking for? :p

Bowser definitely needs some actual representation in terms of stage choice in this game. The ne Super Mario Bros. stage in WiiU was a pretty terrible excuse for including a castle.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Also, please give us a new Pac-Man stage.

Pac-Land should never be discussed again.
Yeah the Pac-Maze from the 3DS version was so much better. It would be cool if that one returns but a little wider.
That's assuming Pacman returns at all.. you can never be too sure when it comes to Smash.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but do you guys think they'll run another Smash Ballot for this entry? Use the runner-ups from the last ballot? Not bother with anything like that again?

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
We talking stages?
-The Moon from Mario Odyssey complete with the moon physics.
-Hyrule Tour from Zelda BotW, the overworld from it fits way too much as a traveling stage. Alternatively...
-Hyrule Castle from BotW. Good ****ing god, that thing was the best dungeon I ever saw in any Zelda game. I might be inclined to call it the best final level ever tbh, because it's just SO good.
-WHIRL ISLANDS WHIRL ISLANDS WHIRL ISL
-The Dragon's Gate from FE7. I've wanted that ever since I played it, it's just an incredible iconic location to the game and it has an unique aesthetic.
-Pirate Boat from FE SoV. Gotta represent the most iconic part of the game :^)
-Some ****ing Wonderful 101 stage so we can get that good *** music
I'm with you on Hyrule Castle. Absolutely loved going through there.

What about inside Vorkken on top of P-Star for a W101 Stage?

I personally would like a stage that starts on the altar of the Sunne/Moone that takes you through ultra space to all the unique ultra space areas, like the place where you fight Lucifer Ultra Necrozma.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
Forgive me if this has already been discussed, but do you guys think they'll run another Smash Ballot for this entry? Use the runner-ups from the last ballot? Not bother with anything like that again?
I personally doubt it, because the only things that would change this recently would be popularity of brand new characters in most cases.

Last edited:

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086

masterluigi1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2621-2623-2545
I hope so but part of me thinks no because the top characters were probably troll character like shrek and goku

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
MAYBE for DLC but I think they probably gathered enough data from the first ballot to have an idea of who people want and new characters that have come out post ballot: spring man, rex, labo robot probably dont need a ballot to decide if sakurai wants to include them or what.

I say maybe for DLC because perhaps nintendo plans to do DLC for years to come for this game instead of giving us new smash entries over time, I could be wrong here but nintendo knows how much "new character for smash" generates internet hype for nintendo itself so they might want to indefinitely have that in their pocket to drop during any direct from here on out. I know its a bit of a pipe dream but DLC at all was a pipe dream for smash 4 and a smash ballot was an insane pipe dream and yet...here we are.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I want Zoda’s ship from Star Tropics.

I’d also like a lot of Star Tropics content I’m not going to get.

If there’s a new sonic stage, Mirage Saloon from Mania.

I’d like an ARMS stage.... personally the one with the tops that you jump on and ride.

As for Splatoon, I think I’d actually the stage associated come from the Octo expansion. It seems like a bit more environment work got made there.

D

Deleted member

What about inside Vorkken on top of P-Star for a W101 Stage?
Inside Vorkken isn't exactly a memorable level in the good way.
I'd rather have inside Jergingha or one based on the tutorial stage with the bus constantly moving

AadmM

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-6988-1941-7966
The fact that we can go to the official smash website and see the exact same thing we saw 1 week ago is pretty saddening. I just want news. I would take Luigi's nose at this point.
Even news of when news is coming would be good at this point. :p Feels like what can be said has been said for now.

Boy, those PotD's sure spoiled us...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

As for stages, I would love Noctiulum from XCX. I dont have the highest opinions of XCX, but I loved Mira and its music.
Could be worse; hopefully it doesn't wind up like Brawl, where we get no updates on the game for six months after it's announced, and after waiting for so long, the next update we get is the mind-blowing confirmation that Fox McCloud is in the game.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Could be worse; hopefully it doesn't wind up like Brawl, where we get no updates on the game for six months after it's announced, and after waiting for so long, the next update we get is the mind-blowing confirmation that Fox McCloud is in the game.
For this smash, that might be more surprising. As I don’t know if they will ever make another star Fox game.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
Inside Vorkken isn't exactly a memorable level in the good way.
I'd rather have inside Jergingha or one based on the tutorial stage with the bus constantly moving
I don't really recall anything particularly bad about that level, but that might be skewed by the fact that it's when you get Chewgi, who's my favorite W101 character. That said, both of your suggestions would make for great stages.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I lowkey ****in loved Brinstar Depths...

And Pokefloats.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't really recall anything particularly bad about that level, but that might be skewed by the fact that it's when you get Chewgi, who's my favorite W101 character. That said, both of your suggestions would make for great stages.
At the start ofbthe level, you have 12 Wonderful Ones at most iirc, and there are those spiked enemies that can only be damaged by using the Wonder Whip. It's really ****ing annoying because since your range is so small, you keep getting hit by them and having your heroes disperse so you have to get them all back because no way you're doing anything with just 3 of them

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
They'll probably do a popularity poll of some kind for this game. If I recall correctly there has been some sort of poll associated with each Smash Bros game after64.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Nightmare from SoulCalibur.
His gimmick being that he can break opponent's armors to lower their defenses.
Every character gets a shirtless model.
E V E R Y C H A R A C T E R
Then...how would you explain characters like Bowser, Kirby and Yoshi...?
If Lucina gets cut I guarantee there will be a bunch of people asking for her back lol.

She's already popular AF in her series and being one of the new faces of the series.

And here I am being a broken record about Lucina again.
Fire Emblem has enough representation as it is. Besides, people would be upset regardless of development choice. Out of the current FE reps, she’s the most expendable. Robin is already there to represent Awakening and he’s the most unique one of the bunch.

Marth, Ike, Robin and Corrin for the vanilla roster would be the ideal scenario. Each represents an individual entry in the series and each has their own distinct fighting style. I’d be fine with Lucina as long as she’s reworked and by that I don’t mean Roy’s Luigification without the fire/sweetspot.

TheLastJinjo

Banned via Warnings
They'll probably do a popularity poll of some kind for this game. If I recall correctly there has been some sort of poll associated with each Smash Bros game after64.
The game is being released this year. I'm pretty sure the roster is already complete.

Arklos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Arklos
3DS FC
5455-9619-1086
At the start ofbthe level, you have 12 Wonderful Ones at most iirc, and there are those spiked enemies that can only be damaged by using the Wonder Whip. It's really ****ing annoying because since your range is so small, you keep getting hit by them and having your heroes disperse so you have to get them all back because no way you're doing anything with just 3 of them
Yep, it's coming back to me now. I did hate the beginning to that level.
Bowser could have his shell broken or damaged and yoshi could have his saddle broken. Not sure about Kirby (or any of the pokemon) though.

D

Deleted member

Bowser becomes Dry Bowser, Yoshi loses his saddle and Kirby becomes a pure black hole devoid of life that sucks all the light around him

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As much as I don't want to see an ARMS character, I think a trailer featuring Little Mac, Ryu, and Colgate would be really cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom