• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
A new Street Fighter stage.
I'd like a Sonic stage that isn't Green Hill or a derivative of Green Hill.

I say this fully knowing the latest two Sonic games had Green Hill.
Almost every Sonic game has some sort of Hill. Its just that Sega usually only reminds us of Green Hill, Windy Hill, and Seaside Hill.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I sound like a broken record but DK needs to have it's Minecart level as a stage in the game.

It might be an 'itch to program but dammit it would be one of Smash's best stages.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

You know what? Some version of Death Egg would be cool.

Of course, Sakurai would probably pull a Wily Castle and add the Death Egg Robot as a stage hazard- without a way to turn off hazards because it's Sakurai we're talking about >_>

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Angel Island Zone.

Seriously. It was in Mania for a little bit too. Plus it has that awesome remix already.

Originality

Smash Journeyman
That brings up a good point actually. We haven't really talked Stages much. Any stages you guys want to see in?
Inkopolis Plaza is pretty much a given, but I hope they have a splatfest variant of it, maybe randomly representing some of the splatfests in splatoon the first.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Everyone talking about a new Sonic stage is clearly forgetting what is considered the best part of the franchise: Chaos Garden. Give us a stage with little Chaos running around Sakurai :laugh:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If we're talking Sonic Stages, I would honestly be okay with Sunset Heights or Metropolis as a stage despite not liking Forces. It's a nice aesthetic to fight to and the Death Egg Robots could be jerks from the background. Or Infinite, even. Infinite messing with the stage would be sick.

In a perfect world though, I'd want Press Garden, Mirage Saloon or Studiopolis. Or a Dreamcast Era stage.

Last edited:

?????????????

Smash Master
Everyone talking about a new Sonic stage is clearly forgetting what is considered the best part of the franchise: Chaos Garden. Give us a stage with little Chaos running around Sakurai :laugh:
And if you accidentally hit them too much, they VERY SADLY DIE. :sadeyes:

D

Deleted member

We talking stages?
-The Moon from Mario Odyssey complete with the moon physics.
-Hyrule Tour from Zelda BotW, the overworld from it fits way too much as a traveling stage. Alternatively...
-Hyrule Castle from BotW. Good ****ing god, that thing was the best dungeon I ever saw in any Zelda game. I might be inclined to call it the best final level ever tbh, because it's just SO good.
-WHIRL ISLANDS WHIRL ISLANDS WHIRL ISL
-The Dragon's Gate from FE7. I've wanted that ever since I played it, it's just an incredible iconic location to the game and it has an unique aesthetic.
-Pirate Boat from FE SoV. Gotta represent the most iconic part of the game :^)
-Some ****ing Wonderful 101 stage so we can get that good ass music

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It is. In comparison to the rest it's pretty damn small considering even other entries in it's own series have better sales figures.

Whichever way you slice it, FE2/FE15 whatever ever you'd like to call it would be a mistake with the current state of it's roster.
Is Sunshine not important because Odyssey sold better? SoV was a 3DS game released in a post-Switch world. Of course it wasn't going to do as well as Awakening and Fates, but it definitely didn't do poorly.

And for what it's worth, I'm anticipating Fire Emblem cuts, including Roy and possibly Corrin if Sakurai thinks the backlash was bad enough. I'm not expecting seven Fire Emblem characters.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Does anyone think Inkling may have been the one who actually got 1st in the Smash Ballot?
Whether they were or not, they were going to be in the next Smash inevitably. If I had to guess they were the first and most obvious option for a newcomer for everyone.

D

Deleted member

I'd like a Xenoblade 2 stage. There's some locations in that game that would make for a nice stage.

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I think Bowser's Castle is an absolute must (as it has been for a couple generations now)
Holosseum from Custom Robo would be cool. It'd be nice to get some kind of acknowledgement for that franchise.
Pokemon S/M offers an awful lot of options that have been mentioned, including Iki Town, Altar of Sunne/Moone, Ultra Space. I could also see Mount Lanakila or maybe even the Po Town Mansion.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I think it can be assumed at this point that it will be a Splatoon 2-esque sequel
I do not really understand this argument. There is no real reason why this Smash is not as much of a sequel as any of the other Smash games. It has been in development long enough (at least 2 years), it is introducing new characters, characters have new designs and it is on a new console.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't think anyone here is saying Celica or someone similar is in the realm of "very likely". But the reasons people think she isn't is pretty silly when you use these similar arguments to other series that have had slightly more obscure representation in Smash.

I still want Lyn anyway.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
i wonder when we'll get the daily updates

how long was it between the initial reveal and the websites giving out daily updates the last two times?

Bradli Wartooth

Smash Lord
NNID
Aearlir
I do not really understand this argument. There is no real reason why this Smash is not as much of a sequel as any of the other Smash games. It has been in development long enough (at least 2 years), it is introducing new characters, characters have new designs and it is on a new console.
I'm actually starting to be convinced that the "port" people are a vocal minority. I realize this is just a sample from the competitive scene, but 2GG made a Twitter poll earlier today questioning what people think. As it stands, it has 1400 votes and only 14% say Port.
As per usual, this is just a community poll, and nobody is saying that it is, without a doubt, not a port. Anyways, here's the tweet:
https://twitter.com/2GGaming/status/974401103587508224

Last edited:

Edgelord_197

Smash Cadet
Stages huh?
New Donk City
A platform that travels through maps of BOTW
Milas tree(FE Awakening)
Main city in splatton

D

Deleted member

I'm actually starting to be convinced that the "port" people are a vocal minority. I realize this is just a sample from the competitive scene, but 2GG made a Twitter poll earlier today questioning what people think. As it stands, it has 1400 votes and only 14% say Port.
As per usual, this is just a community poll, and nobody is saying that it is, without a doubt, not a port. Anyways, here's the tweet:
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">Is <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SmashBrosSwitch?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#SmashBrosSwitch</a></p>&mdash; 2GG (@2GGaming) <a href="https://twitter.com/2GGaming/status/974401103587508224?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">March 15, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Nice broken Tweet.

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
Personally, i just don't see how or why they would change the Smash 4 gameplay outside of some retooling here and there.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
And for what it's worth, I'm anticipating Fire Emblem cuts, including Roy and possibly Corrin if Sakurai thinks the backlash was bad enough. I'm not expecting seven Fire Emblem characters.
Cuts due to the backlash is actually something I had not really considered.

I can see Lucina being cut if he opts to not de-clone her, despite her popularity.

Roy I can see him possibly keeping. May not like the idea of adding Roy, cutting him, adding him back, and cutting him again.

As for Corrin, I'm not too sure about. Probably a 50/50 like Roy. Unique character from a well-sold game, but did garner a lot of backlash.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
i wonder when we'll get the daily updates

how long was it between the initial reveal and the websites giving out daily updates the last two times?
I wonder what they'd even do them on. Can't do it on Miiverse obviously.

I guess social media would be the most likely option, or just the website.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Is Sunshine not important because Odyssey sold better? SoV was a 3DS game released in a post-Switch world. Of course it wasn't going to do as well as Awakening and Fates, but it definitely didn't do poorly.

Again, using Mario and Zelda is a bad example because they're games pull in units in the millions. TPHD which released on the Wii U (Nintendo's worst selling console and at a time where it was virtually dead) did close to 2 million units.

I don't see that many cuts but neither am I expecting to say any inclusions barring the hypothetical FE16 character. Nor should it be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom