• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JellieBomb

Smash Rookie
Upon even further inspection, Shadow The Hedgehog was renewed on the same date as mach rider bringing our trademark list to this now.

Golden Sun: Sept 14th, 2018
Rhythm Heaven: Sept 14 2018
Banjo-Kazooie : Sept 9th, 2018
Mach Rider: May 11th 2018
Shadow The Hedgehog: May 11th 2018
That's a seriously big coincidence! Good find, Captain.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Metal Gear Sakurai:

Leaks of The Grinch.

Exclusif game on the Switch confirm guys.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
Theory crafting time: We've all collectively gone insane since the other day, and this is all a mass fever dream.

Clearly the only rational explanation for this madness.
I would like to thing that Nintendo marketing planned this.

After the supposed "leak" of melmetal and the preevolution, I wouldn't be surprised lol.

Btw, reporting
tehponycorn
for calling to block me because of differing opinions on the public topic. I'll just stay silent from now on seeing that people don't want to reach out to the truth (when serebii himself said that he doesn't leak anything, but well).

Have a nice day. I came here for a funny, thoughtful debate, not for some guy calling to hate on me.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
This time with more cursing!

Where's that mother ****ing god damn holy ****ing **** son of a ***** ***** Chaos Emerald?
"Eggman? Thought I killed you in one of the endings in the last game. What the **** are you doing here still"

Hydrualic Hydra

Smash Ace
As somebody who is pretty steadfast on team real, even I believe you guys really need to lay off a lot of the insiders. While them saying ‘it’s not what I’ve heard’ doesn’t necessarily provide much information, it’s all they can really do to try to contribute to the conversation without risking somebody’s career.

Additionally, while my personal belief is that leak bait in some form or another’s was widely distributed, there absolutely IS something fishy going on and you can’t just go around calling insiders liars. They aren’t always right, but percentage precedent does imply most of them at least have their sources.

Untouch

Smash Master
What if ACP-PLV was hired to make materials for "Comic-Con" or some other Nintendo/Grinch event?

I'd ASSUME individual companies (nintendo/illumination) separately hire individual places (ACP-PLV or someone else) to create promotional material but I literally no NOTHING of how that sort of business works so MAYBE entire events get ALL their marketing materials made in one place...

If thats the case the Grinch/Smash connection here actually could mean something to all this.
All that's been spotted are those posters, not the ornaments in the leak, I don't think so.
Either Nintendo is having fun with this or they're doing cross-promotion with Illumination (they are making a movie together afterall).

D

Deleted member

I kind of want to ignore everyone that's actually debating the leak so I can turn this thread into a handful of Grinchposters having meaningful discussion about the Grinch.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If you say so. I completely disagree.

Why would the leaker delete the mouth, and make the fur less detailed that’s literally more work than just refusing available art, and for what purpose? To make people think it’s his back?

All for a Smash leak?

That isn’t going to make it fake my dude. Even if it is fake, this particular point doesn’t do it.
I'd just stop responding to him. He ignores everyone with a logical counterpoint and doesn't understand what occams razor is. Everyone trying to call the leak fake keeps bringing up ridiculous things like this to tryband disprove it. This would be just another "ridiculous thing" the leaker would have to do if it was fake.

The grinch's mouth is there. It's blocked by a ****ing light glare lol. Why is someone going to shop that out?

Mango The Magician

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mango_Magician
If the Grinch render isn't the back then what does this leak have left?

-Characters too hard to move -> proven false
-Empty battlefield -> disproved
-New Grinch renders ->disproved twice over
-Company and person have connections to Namco -> disproved like three times over.
-New company sorta does the same thing -> no connection can be found to Nintendo or Namco.

Meanwhile every insider is coming out of the woodwork to disprove it.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hey the first Despicable Me was decent!
One-hit wonder, they are. Unfortunately, the unwashed masses don't know better and still buy their movies.

As somebody who is pretty steadfast on team real, even I believe you guys really need to lay off a lot of the insiders. While them saying ‘it’s not what I’ve heard’ doesn’t necessarily provide much information, it’s all they can really do to try to contribute to the conversation without risking somebody’s career.

Additionally, while my personal belief is that leak bait in some form or another’s was widely distributed, there absolutely IS something fishy going on and you can’t just go around calling insiders liars. They aren’t always right, but percentage precedent does imply most of them at least have their sources.
To be honest, the only one I'm annoyed with is V-Darn (KO Beast reference, before anyone asks), since he's pretty inconsistent even besides Smash and not very tactful anyways.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If the Grinch render isn't the back then what does this leak have left?

-Characters too hard to move -> proven false
-Empty battlefield -> disproved
-New Grinch renders ->disproved twice over
-Company and person have connections to Namco -> disproved like three times over.
-New company sorta does the same thing -> no connection can be found to Nintendo or Namco.

Meanwhile every insider is coming out of the woodwork to disprove it.
Stop, you are embarrassing yourself. None of the things you said are true or even up to date.

D

Deleted member

Wanna know how the Grinch got his scars?

Each one was made by different attemps to debunk him...

But he just stayed happy, and got through it.

AustinMooMoo

Smash Rookie
Queue endless posts on the Grinch being at the Nintendo Booth without people realizing it's all over the con -_-

I honestly think it is just a coincidence. It's one last huge promotion for a film set to come out soon.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
To me, Illumination's movies are visually pleasing (despite them all... kinda... looking the same) but the substance of the movies always leaves me kinda feeling empty because it's never really great.

Like a lot of AAA video games nowadays.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
Oh my, I'm following all this Grinch leak news like it's a high speed car chase. The fact that London Comic con has Grinch merchandise, and is Nintendo sponsored, just... Too funny. This has made the drought of information totally worth it.

All praise the Grinch. (I've accepted the name for the leak now, it suits perfectly for such a trolley leak that leaves us all guessing)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
I mean, the first Despicable Me was fine, and I actually kinda liked Sing, but yeah other than that, their movies are pretty meh
I guess Pets was alright but I think they ruined it with too many kids jokes and other stuff

just like let your writers write. kids don't need poop jokes to enjoy something.

KMDP

Smash Legend
I dunno why some people are suddenly crapping on Serebii, he's not being payed to cover this up he just runs a really good Pokemon website.
That's exactly correct, as Serebii Serebii himself pointed out, it's nonsensical to believe that they would have been payed to cover the leak up by Nintendo.

There are other, far more reasonable explanations for what's happening:
1) the Grinch Leak is fake and what the ResetEra guys saw is the truth
2) what the ResetEra guys saw is fake (but far more convincing than the Grinch Leak) and the Grinch Leak is the real one
3) Both are real (somehow).
4) Neither are real.

None of these options require pay-outs to random journalists (but option #2 might require a fake leak to be made by Nintendo, and for them to deliberately put it out).

This is been the KMDP Conspiracy Power Hour, have a nice, tinfoily day.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If I may ask, does it even matter that the Grinch materials are “never before seen” or not?

Why couldn’t a company be creating Grinch materials? That doesn’t immediately prove anything if i’m understanding this correctly.

It would have added credibility, but I don’t know how much it actively takes away besides removing the possibility that it’s original. If real, it’s just art that the printer was sent to, you know, print.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom