• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My actual stance on the Grinch stuff at Nintendo's London Comic Con Booth?

One of the people behind it is having a go at all of you. That's it.
As much as I'd like to be wrong about that.

At this point I'm just tired of people not listening and going with the same circumstancial evidence of "who would go through all this effort?" or "these things that are clearly inconsistencies could just have changed".
If you're all gonna call insiders liars and act like you know better than them, then there's really no reason for me to waste my time with this ****. I'm already stressed enough with irl stuff so I don't need more deaf hypocrites in my life.
I'll be back when this leak has been 100% proven real or fake, and by then, I hope you guys can see past your own confirmation biases.
I feel solace in knowing you aren't grouping me in with people unnecessarily.

Last edited:

tsundoku

Smash Rookie
No the Reddit user was saying he tried to do it and it looks like **** compared to the leak. He was trying to prove the leak is real.
the leak version is NOT content aware autofill from photoshop its definitely hand digitally illustrated
they just didnt know about any of the details that were obscured by characters

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
View attachment 172333
The render is the same, it has been edited though. The body is longer and the shape of the head is slighty different. You can still se that the fur has been cut and it's not as long as in the official artwork:
View attachment 172334
Though, you can clearly see that the nose is still in the picture and it's not his back, it's still his face... despite this, the mouth has been deleted.
This is a photoshop work, it's fake.
Why would the leaker edit out the mouth rather than just use the render he readily has access to?

I know you think it’s fake, but this doesn’t prove anything. To me, it seems like the mouth isn’t visible because of the glare on the plastic.

Last edited:

Phyr

Smash Journeyman
You misquoted me but like I said, he was ******** about the work. You have to note these 2 screens come rom a larger video where he could be showing that new work arrived and **** nintendo, for all we know.

If he wanted to leak the roster he would have focused the armband, something people are ignoring heavily. He wasn't trying to have this leaked at first. Most of the planes are a rather general shot of his workplace, not from nintendo specific stuff.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
LMAO
An employee at a Nintendo booth doesn't reflect all of nintendo guys.
You're right. Only Sakurai does. Because Sakurai is all of Smash Bros; he models all of the characters and programs them all the way until playtesting. I know this because SourceGaming told me so

blatant sarcasm and anyone who believes anything close to this is a fool.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
So despite all the twists and turns going on for the past few days, I want to ask this:
How would you guys feel about getting a potential Dragalia Lost character for DLC?
I doubt it would even happen, but hey at least it’d allow for someone along the lines of Tiki to get in.

Even though I’d probably prefer her much more..
I don't know any Dragalia Lost characters...so I guess I wouldn't care?

D

Deleted member

Grinch is the reincarnation of Heath Ledger.

THAT’S THE ACTUAL TRUTH, DON’T DENY IT!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
shh

let people enjoy things

Now, if they start to send hate mail to devs or something, that's where we have a problem, but this is by far the most entertaining forums have been during this speculation cycle.
I think you know you're letting a disaster let loose. :L

Oh well... I don't think I will be able to stop the hill of salt that is gonna happen if this ends up being fake anyway.

I'll just let nature take its course at this point.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
View attachment 172333
The render is the same, it has been edited though. The body is longer and the shape of the head is slighty different. You can still se that the fur has been cut and it's not as long as in the official artwork:
View attachment 172334
Though, you can clearly see that the nose is still in the picture and it's not his back, it's still his face... despite this, the mouth has been deleted.
The mouth is not deleted lmfao, it's there. Look ****ing harder XDDD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
lmao are people really thinking Serebii is being bribed to hold info? Y'all realize one of the biggest moments for his site was that it nearly got a C&D for something about Black and White right? I think he's got a good rep and is incredibly professional yet he's suddenly a part of all this mess because crazed people are insane

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Pack it up boys. It's just that the London Comic Con is partner with the Grinch movie, even GameExplain's Press Card was Grinch Themed

Source
I am the original uploader of the video, and yeah this be the truth, you couldn’t escape that green **** eating smirk all over the con. Still found it hilarious to see the him laying around Nintendo’s booth of all places though!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pack it up boys. It's just that the London Comic Con is partner with the Grinch movie, even GameExplain's Press Card was Grinch Themed

Source
I'm just gonna sit here and say that fate/destiny or whatever the **** else that's cosmic, is aligning the stars for us to see the leak is real.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
lol Some of y'all are way too concerned on how others hype themselves or whatever.

It's not a big deal.
t h a n k
y o u

You're right. Only Sakurai does. Because Sakurai is all of Smash Bros; he models all of the characters and programs them all the way until playtesting. I know this because SourceGaming told me so

blatant sarcasm and anyone who believes anything close to this is a fool.
BUT OKAY SAKURAI SAID . . . . .

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
So despite all the twists and turns going on for the past few days, I want to ask this:
How would you guys feel about getting a potential Dragalia Lost character for DLC?
I doubt it would even happen, but hey at least it’d allow for someone along the lines of Tiki to get in.

Even though I’d probably prefer her much more..
Do we need yet another anime swordsman, though? :troll:

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is way better than a few weeks ago.
What were we doing a few weeks ago, talking about boxes? Now The Grinch is playing 4D Chess with our souls.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
The hypothetical scenario si mine? When team fake are saying that the guy could be impersonated, or that te guy might have got the grinch thing because I dunno? or that the guy is actually being given a fake print?

Please....???? Tell me that you didn't actually said that.

I stated how those companies work, and that the evidence falls into place. That's deduction. Not hypothesising.
Not when there’s evidence the guy is being impersonated. The fact that he’s not even working at the company he’s supposedly leaking from is a step up from “dude was disgruntled at his job and leaked the banner.” Occam’s Razor is not the answer here; it’s too complex to be explained so simply.
Thanks for clarifying to all the forum that you don't need reputation because you don't leak stuff, rather you just tell what Nintendo feeds you as another marketing vector.

Please Joe, you haven't changed in all these years xD.
There’s really no point in arguing you. You’re so dead set on selling actual conspiracy theories that it’s impossible to argue facts. It’s like yelling at a brick wall at this point.
This Grinch stuff is so ****ing funny, I think we're in Smash speculation's peak atm.
I will admit, this is the kick in the ass the Smash speculation scene needed to get back into gear.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
lmao are people really thinking Serebii is being bribed to hold info? Y'all realize one of the biggest moments for his site was that it nearly got a C&D for something about Black and White right? I think he's got a good rep and is incredibly professional yet he's suddenly a part of all this mess because crazed people are insane
The person insisting on this is giving me second hand embarrassment so I've been ignoring it.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I am the original uploader of the video, and yeah this be the truth, you couldn’t escape that green **** eating smirk all over the con. Still found it hilarious to see the him laying around Nintendo’s booth of all places though!

Ha! Thanks you for comic forth! But Really? It's everywhere?

Oh no... First the Leaks...
Then the comics con.

We're done...The Grinch is everywhere

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
BUT OKAY SAKURAI SAID . . . . .
Sakurai said that there'd be a few characters left and that they're slowing down! He's not a PR Mouthpiece or anything for the series because the other directors want to be! Did I mention he's the only Director? Because there's clearly never been a Smash game with Multiple directors! Asides from, like, all of them.

osby

Smash Obsessed
lol Some of y'all are way too concerned on how others hype themselves or whatever.

It's not a big deal.
I mean, if people are going to overhype themselves and then hate on a character I like just because of disappointment that they created, it can kinda be a big deal.

Speaking hypothetically, not that Smash fandom has a track record of doing such a thing.

tsundoku

Smash Rookie
Seeing the reaction to a nintendo employee jokingly bringing a grinch magazine / ad thing to work makes me realize that literally all of my time was wasted here

I saw a few competent voices in there point out it was obviously a joke but christ.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Yeah totally.

I'm leaning towards real, but there is a lot of doubt. maybe 55-45 right now.

Grinch roster is amazing. Kencineroar is..... meh? Are they really going out on a whimper? (unless Ken and Incellroar are your jam... for some reason) I want to believe!
Brawl ended on Olimar.
Smash 4 ended on Shulk and his reveal was in a Japan-only direct.

Going out on a "whimper" is nothing new.

Phyr

Smash Journeyman

Serebii himself said it. He doesn't leak stuff. Take that as you will :)

He might had in the past, but most of his sources are nintendo themselves. Is another marketing vector.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
View attachment 172333
View attachment 172334
If you look closely, you can see a little line where his mouth should be; also, due to the crappy photo quality and the lighting, I don't really see how that would debunk it anyway. The photos are also from a snapchat video (excluding the one with the banner pieced together).

Due to the white strip between his front and back sides (the back side having the dog), it's probably supposed to be a silly decoration that spins around, flips over, or is simply set a certain way so people can walk around it and find it funny.

Now we wait to see if something like that shows up in stores or something.

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
Sakurai said that there'd be a few characters left and that they're slowing down! He's not a PR Mouthpiece or anything for the series because the other directors want to be! Did I mention he's the only Director? Because there's clearly never been a Smash game with Multiple directors! Asides from, like, all of them.
OKAY BUT ANYWAY SAKURAI SAID . . . .

This is way better than a few weeks ago.
What were we doing a few weeks ago, talking about boxes? Now The Grinch is playing 4D Chess with our souls.
He'll have to play 5D chess against me, an admin of the D club Some dude with internet access

MainJPW

M.T.A
View attachment 172333
View attachment 172334
I can still see the side of his mouth and it's being obscured by light reflecting off the plastic. Reach harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom