• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smartiicals

Smash Cadet
Looking into it more, the trademark renewals were these dates;
Golden Sun: Sept 14th, 2018
Banjo-Kazooie : Sept 9th, 2018
Mach Rider: May 11th 2018
Rhythm Heaven: Sept 14 2018

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Guys this means 1 of 2 things. It has to.

1. The leak is legit and there's some weird, awkward Grinch promotion happening at Nintendo events.

2. Nintendo is in on the leak and playing 4D chess with us. Meaning it has to be legit because if we believe they are in on it, they aren't going to NOT follow through on that roster.

Good Guy Giygas

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-6635-8915-7294
Okay.

What the actual ****. Is someone joking or are they actually handing out Grinch posters there?
Isn't Illumination the studio that's supposedly making the Mario animated movie? I guess it's not too far off to assume that they'd be pretty chummy now. Things just keep adding up.

Last edited:

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
guy IT'S NOT PARTNER its HISTORY.
like...Nintendo OWNED rare somedays ...thats all...

Trademark Owner History

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Someone explain the significance of the Grinch being there

I mean its funny considering his hand in the leak but I’m not sure how a random Grinch folder(?) supports the leak

The Snitch Studio

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
3637 4300 0430
Imagine if this was a stunt, remember, Universal/Illumination are working with Nintendo on a Mario Movie, and to be fair...this could be Nintendo messing with us, its super funny that Nintendo(?) have Grinch posters....

Im Actually Cry, WTF!?

tsundoku

Smash Rookie
I mean Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven and Mach Rider were all renewed around that space of like two weeks were they not? Hey, it could be a nod but I'm just speculating.
if the leak ends up being real then they sure butchered that beautiful background they had.

If there were actual trademarks filed for all these properties a few weeks ago I dont know if that hurts or helps the leak. The quality we have gives us no way to see if the characters are really hasty photoshops of existing assets

T3Z3R1

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-5579-0990-8199
Looking into it more, the trademark renewals were these dates;
Golden Sun: Sept 14th, 2018
Banjo-Kazooie : Sept 9th, 2018
Mach Rider: May 11th 2018
Rhythm Heaven: Sept 14 2018
WHAT THE ****? I feel like we're in deep rabbit hole, this can't be real at all. I think that we're in soap opera play or something like that

Chrono.

It's not impossible for the insiders to be wrong. Look what happened with Shovel Knight and Inklings in 4, they were seen as a foregone conclusion by most of them, yet we got Cloud. The person who even knew about him was just some schmuck (he even referred himself as such.) Mystic last night put it best, Smash leaks are uncharted territory and sometimes things aren't what they seem.

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction.

That said, there's a lot of weird **** going on here. I can't really put all my eggs in one basket. I'm still neutral leaning fake, so we'll see.

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Okay. This HAS to be a joke right? The employee is clearly making a real life ****post, that's all...

...right?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Someone explain the significance of the Grinch being there

I mean its funny considering his hand in the leak but I’m not sure how a random Grinch folder(?) supports the leak
Maybe the Movie is sponsoring something to do with Nintendo or Smash?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Keep in mind that calling it fake is unprofessional. It's different. That's it. Coming to the conclusion that it's fake is really silly considering the E3 banner does not look like the current August banner.
And at least they had the sense to keep the reptiles in a row.

I found a reddit post that explains that Nintendo only let an old copyright of Custom Robo distribution on compact discs expire, not the whole IP. I don't think Nintendo has ever given up an IP. It was also explained in the Ray 01 support thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/9h6tnk/custom_robos_trademark_was_cancelled/e6aq4dv
Well, that's a relief, so I hope those guys don't give up support.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Honestly, you have to do very heavy mental gimnastics to think that this is fake. In a court all of this evidence would have been a complete sentence because it circumstacially is too heavy to ignore all of it.

The man was old and mostly wont care about smash that much. Was ******** about his job and didn't know that that armband had so heavy spoiler info. In fact these things are usually without value: for example we got leaked grinch renders and we DONT ****ING CARE, and for him I'm sure that the smash thing would be the same ****ing thing because these thing of promotional **** is normally done public, to help people make connection between promotion and product. It, is, real.

As I said, the only possibility is that Nintendo somehow backed up with the roster and did a change after sending these to print. These couldn't have been from a long time ago, simply because there was no events being held. Is almost sure that those are being prepared for an upcoming event in november or in store sales.

Face it, it's done. This IS real, the only thing left is confirmation from Nintendo.

Incineroar will be day one dlc i suppose, like mewtwo.
C4AA9B60-F367-4907-A472-1429DFE2CA69.png

So, you’re going to argue that a hypothetical scenario is evidence?

Are you sure you’re not the one performing mental gymnastics?

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Would be hilarious if some random Nintendo employee in the UK had random Grinch **** lying around, decided to leak the roster and blame it on some random french guy

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Pretty sure that's just an employee having fun. No real reason for Nintendo to have any association with a Grinch film.
Yeah I agree, but tell me something. If a joke, is it kosher for Nintendo? Because this WILL be taken the wrong way and if fake, you can imagine the ****storm of people saying "Nintendo baited us"

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Yes. Everyone has a price. I firmly believe you guys are doing this so called damage control. I think some people is just on denial now.
What? Nintendo didn't even pay for my travel to play Let's Go. Do you really think they'd pay me to destroy my reputation (Note: I haven't even stated anything about this)
You leak stuff for reputation, and you get that reputation thanks to your contacts with Nintendo.

You would lose much more reputation going against Nintendo.

Plus you already messed up SunMoon starters and (at least in Europe) is suspected that you were called to say so.

Please Joe, you wont remember me but I used to be on the same busines than you on the MsnGroups days :p
Yeah I don't work like that.

For one, I don't leak stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom