• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Smash Ultimate Discussion

Almost one month has passed since release. In retrospect....

• This is by far the best Smash ever. Like, I don't even know how they will top this.

• Pretty freakin' good; I have a few qualms over things like internet play, balancing issues, etc.

• It's ok, but [insert Smash game here] is better.

• I'd rather play Parcheesi.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
lmao Ryce, the guy who leaked MVCI and everyone but Ant-Man who most likely got cut, he says this is bogus too
Yup. He even heavily implied that he SAW evidence, and that the roster look almost nothing like what he saw.
He also told us that it seems he got this information around August, a bit before the Direct so a Gematsu 2.0 seems a bit unlikely especially if visual proof are involved, so close to the release

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My best timeline?

This whole thing is a set up, perpetrated by Nintendo.
They're in on it, both companies are in on it, "the person who leaked it" is in on it, etc
Everyone but the insiders, which is why they're writhing right now

Everyone's been punked

Last edited:

andres22

Smash Cadet
The interesting part is that the patent covers cartridges as a storage medium when the switch is the only current gen system to use them.

Zenos

Smash Cadet
NNID
Xenos15
Reposting this graphic I found on /v/. If this is fake, the amount of work the guy would've had to do to fake it would've been phenomenal.

View attachment 172326
What gets me is that, the art was edited, printed out, put in this plastic to make it LOOK like a real product.

Also, if you look closely you can see a light source is making that paper slightly transparent on the right. You can see folding instructions, and another replica of the banner below the one visible. The red Nintendo Switch box is very visible, for instance.

It's very curious how, real or fake, he did all this and recorded it without being seen.

Heracr055

Smash Ace
Does it show Nintendo under anything other than Trademark Owner History? I'm not used to reading these so maybe that section just discusses an affiliation with Nintendo that isn't current?

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Question: even though the Custom Robo trademark lapsed, could Nintendo still use the IP sans-trademark? Nevermind whether or not they would, I'm curious if they could.
I found a reddit post that explains that Nintendo only let an old copyright of Custom Robo distribution on compact discs expire, not the whole IP. I don't think Nintendo has ever given up an IP. It was also explained in the Ray 01 support thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/9h6tnk/custom_robos_trademark_was_cancelled/e6aq4dv

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Not sure if you’re still looking, but there is a video of the Brawl announcer saying other character’s names. While not Mobus, it can be assumed that the other announcers do the same.

Mobus confirmed they had him record a bunch of names. IIRC he straight up said they had him record Rayman.

Weeman

Smash Crusader
The real problem i see here, wether the leak is real or not, is people who desperately want to be on the side that says "i told you so" as if they could predict the future or something.
At this point no one can say the leak is real or false, only point out the points in it's favor and against it.
Insiders aren't oracles, they're people who get info from sources and share it, wether they think it might be real or not is not really evidence in favor or against the leak.
You won't get any kind of prize or bragging rights if you were right on it being fake or real, so anyone here who is being rude or desperately trying to claim why this leak is fake or real (despite the hours of analysing, researching and speculating that haven't been able to so), please calm down and wait.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Oh my god, I can't handle this back and forth. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE!
I'm TeamReal 99%. Insinders are doing damage control but they obviously are gonna say they aren't, and people in denial just miss a character they want or just don't wanna get inmensely disappointed at the end, which I can understand, but this is an inmense job, this is most likely almost impossible to fake. I don't wanna dismiss people's capacity for reaching new lows, but this is just too much for a fake.

This is probably going to end up being ESRB 2.0 and you know it. And ESRB leak had MUCH more reasons to be called fake than this.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
This leak has basically become the community against the insiders.

If we want an analogy, think "People Vs. Government"

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'd trust the insiders if they'd name characters other than Incineroar. Until then, I'm assuming this is legit, especially since all evidence is pretty damn filmsy at best

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
My best timeline?

This whole thing is a set up, perpetrated by Nintendo.
They're in on it, both companies are in on it, "the person who leaked it" is in on it, etc
Everyone but the insiders, which is why they're writhing right now

Everyone's been punked
This: I just want Sakurai to win in the end.

Tyrathius

Smash Cadet
They renewed the Wario Land trademark last year and nothing came of it, and I'm pretty sure they're never gonna make a new Eternal Darkness in spite of them renewing it's trademark whenever it expires.
I'm not saying that Trademark renewals always mean something, I'm saying that they could in this particular case, given the circumstances of the Golden Sun and Banjo renewals don't seem to be entirely normal and there is a past precedence of a character getting trademarked before debuting in Smash.

Is there any particular reason to think something should come of the Wario Land and Eternal Darkness renewals?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the snapchat account stuff and finding a linkedin to use would be very easy to do in 2 weeks. and if you caught the background comparison youd see that maybe they didnt actually do a very precise or good job with the background?

The best part about this leak would be if it really was the media company employee making it up and trying to use the excuse that someone framed them. Like how a 50 yr old would understand as much that “thats how the internet worked someone hacked my phone idk”

That would allow the snapchat account to be real but the papers to be faked.
So, in two weeks, this faker plotted his masterplan, decided on what characters to add after doing research on what trademarks were renewed, drew 7 new characters rearranged the mural in an incredibly accurate way. Made a background of battlefield without the characters. Learned to use Autocad, and made a circular print and design of the mural, as well as some fake design documents. Decided to make stuff for the Grinch for added legitemacy, made sure the Grinch material was totally original too and never before seen, just in case people wanted to trace it back, printed this out on industry standard cardboard, found a media company to frame that does this specific stuff. Found some 50yo chump linked to TWO game-related media companies to frame, made a post on 4chan leaking his fake roster, made a new snapchat account pretending to be Eric, got a bunch of people to follow him on Snapchat in his new account, took a snapchat of his fake leak set up, took screen of his own snapchat on a different phone, blocked out his fake Eric name from the screen JUST enough so people could uncover it, and then started spreading these leaks around on 4chan, discord and various other places....

Just so he could troll Smash fans for a whole two weeks before the real direct came out, and slander two french media publishing companies for lols.

Is that really what you're suggesting happened here? Just so we're on the same page here.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The Grinch Leak as more twist than any Kojima games.

What in the french **** is happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom